Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

monkeytek posted:

1. Exclusive group invited to spend $275 on dinner worth $45 depending on how much they have spent on jpegs: CHECK
2. Discuss one new ship: CHECK
3. Given early access to buy this new ship: CHECK
4. TOTALLY not a sales gimmick: CHECK

You lose Goonies!

Lol this is basically sales 1.0. WTF are they talking about. Its just their pitching something that won't exist in a non existemt game.

Sarsapariller posted:

This is what we mean when we talk about certain Citizens playing Star Citizen. It's not the game on the computer they're into, it's the game of pretending to be a rich person who buys super yachts. Some of these guys have actually conflated their real life identities with the marketing stance taken towards them by a video game company. Imagine having so little self awareness and self esteem that the moment a huckster rolled up to you and started pitching at you like you were a rich person, you immediately absorbed it and rolled with it, then got genuinely offended when people pointed out that no, actually, you work at Costco and that guy just took your disability check.

Someone itt mentioned "Life 2.0" documentary. And after watching it I could say that these dudes no longer want a space game, but an all encompassing simulation that includes spaceships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Dewgy posted:

:vince:

Holy poo poo this is amazing. How dumb can one man be?

The story of this game's development has been working on answering that very question for about 8 years now, and I suspect we still haven't reached bottom and gotten a final answer.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
ELE when?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

ELE has happened, this is the after life.

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012
Hey, I know I should have saved it last time, but does someone have the clip of the Crobear "programming"? Showed my friends the game play vid, and now they want to see the other greatest hits.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

THIS WAS ALMOST 4 YEARS AGO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

WHAT THE CHRIS ROBERTS!

I loving love this video lol

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sabreseven posted:

Ok, so I really want to ask, once and for all, what the gently caress actually is this "agenda" that goons are supposed to have?

It's less of an agenda and more of a trapper-keeper...

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Bmac32 posted:

Hey, I know I should have saved it last time, but does someone have the clip of the Crobear "programming"? Showed my friends the game play vid, and now they want to see the other greatest hits.

Here's just the moment itself, maybe someone else has the actual source:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Rebel Galaxy dev loving everything up. Don't you know if someone thinks your game has problems you're supposed to make them post it in an illegible [CONCERN] forum and/or have your wife send them nasty emails

https://twitter.com/howieeday/status/1165792551388864512

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

It's Lethality, they should be thanking all the past, present, and future gods that he doesn't like their game.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
I can see why it's priced at $30, but Game's Good

Upgrades (weapons especially) are a lot of fun

e: this isn't the RGO thread

tak fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Aug 26, 2019

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Addendum: I see you, Howie. I'll buy RGO lol.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tak posted:

e: this isn't the RGO thread

This is actually the RGO thread. This is a magical thread.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's okay to talk about good games in this thread, but primarily this thread is to discuss the biggest kickstarter scam.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

This is actually the RGO thread. This is a magical thread.

Oh good

So RGO was in development for 8+ years right?

Only a few devs, no way this didn't take hundreds of millions, right?

I legit can't wait to pay for DLC for it

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

I said come in! posted:

It's okay to talk about good games in this thread, but primarily this thread is to discuss the biggest kickstarter scam.

:agreed:

For example, I recently grabbed Titanfall 2 for 5 bucks. What a scam. Game didn't crash once, I didn't have to break the security permissions on my system folders, I never clipped through anything, everything worked smoothly, I never stretched into a Cronenberg horror, enemy AI functioned, just literally everything in that game worked. 5 dollars. This is not how game development is done. The correct approach is to charge hundreds, even thousands, gently caress it even tens of thousands of dollars, for the privilege of watching a hundreds-strong team fail to implement almost anything for the better part of a decade, and what little is implemented is impossibly broken all the way down to its roots.

There are a lot of what I would call "pretenders" out there (meaning anyone not CIG) and I'm getting tired of getting taken for a ride every time I try to buy a game. You know who the scam companies are because they'll have booths at "E3" or at "Gamescon" or any number of fake industry events they make for no other reason than to pull the wool over the eyes of an unsuspecting public. You have "games" like Hellblade using a talented person who isn't even using an #actress hashtag, and the complicit games media gives it high marks. CIG is the only company with the sense to put in a talentless wooden plank, who happens to be married to the CEO and imagines this will provide Hollywood inroads, as a prominent character, and that makes CIG the only actual game development company in history.

I'm sick of fake games everywhere. I've been banging this drum since Space War came out in 1962, and told everyone that would listen that 6 years later there would appear a star over Redwood City and that would herald the creator of the only real game ever made. Nobody listened and now we have a multi-billion dollar industry peddling vaporware that does little more than run as intended and provide entertainment to the consumer.

No more. It ends now 2019 2020 20??

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

:agreed:

For example, I recently grabbed Titanfall 2 for 5 bucks...

:siren::siren: hey did somebody say TITANFALL 2? :siren::siren:

Have I mentioned how good Titanfall 2 is lately and that everyone in the thread should pick it up because boy let me tell you, I just really love Titanfall 2. Folks,

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

boviscopophobic posted:

It's Lethality, they should be thanking all the past, present, and future gods that he doesn't like their game.

That's the truth.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Has there been some sort of "RGO BAD" debunking thread on reddit yet? I mean I assume there would be a lot of "No space legs and you can't order a Hairy Roberts? Pfft" comments but I was hoping the game got enough positive press to deserve a dedicated hate thread for the citizenry.

Beet Wagon posted:

:siren::siren: hey did somebody say TITANFALL 2? :siren::siren:

Have I mentioned how good Titanfall 2 is lately and that everyone in the thread should pick it up because boy let me tell you, I just really love Titanfall 2. Folks,

Please don't. My heart hasn't healed yet.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Mailer posted:

Has there been some sort of "RGO BAD" debunking thread on reddit yet? I mean I assume there would be a lot of "No space legs and you can't order a Hairy Roberts? Pfft" comments but I was hoping the game got enough positive press to deserve a dedicated hate thread for the citizenry.

Please don't. My heart hasn't healed yet.

Did you watch through the end credits?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

So I haven't been keeping up with this thread in a while but I remember that even like 5 years ago they were selling bespoke spaceship jpegs and promising the world. Like one was $10,000 or something, right? Did those ever actually get made into anything beyond concept art?

You might have also missed this gem https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...y/#2ff7d9155ac9

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Sandepande posted:

I find that description of CR unlikely.

Actually it would explain a great many things.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Dooguk posted:

So naïve. A salesperson's dream.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How dense can you be, its 11 hours of mocap!!!!

Theres going to be more than 11 hours of cutscenes because not everything will have mocap!

Hahahaha, you're right, the fool that I am, I forgot about spaceship sequences

So its like 30 hours of cutscenes lmao

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

boviscopophobic posted:

Here's just the moment itself, maybe someone else has the actual source:

This is SO good, and there's no way in hell CR has done any coding on star citizen

but he maintains the farce himself

It looks like he's deleting part of the name of a function? Lmao nice 1337 hacking Chris. I love how focused he is on getting just that right, and how proud of himself he looks.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

Zaphod42 posted:

This is SO good, and there's no way in hell CR has done any coding on star citizen

It looks like he's deleting part of the name of a function? Lmao nice 1337 hacking Chris. I love how focused he is on getting just that right, and how proud of himself he looks.

He's deleting a parameter for some unknown reason.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

Ok, so I really want to ask, once and for all, what the gently caress actually is this "agenda" that goons are supposed to have?

Shitizens shout about goons having a specific agenda constantly, for years, and for as long as I've been here and counted as a "goon", I have never known any 'agenda' other than mocking/laughing at CR's attempt to rekindle his glory days while also taking advantage of people who lack common sense and self control.

Shitizens telling me I was a goon (when I dared to question the almighty CR and his great vision of interactive toilets in jpegs) and telling me I had an agenda was one of the reasons I ended up here, years ago. :D

Tell them the truth. Tell them that you bought back in and apologize profusely. They can´t handle the truth!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

no one that uses a computer all day would dare put their glass of water that close

the guy literally sat down and posed for the shot, he probably wandered off right after that take and someone had to stop him from lurching into traffic

the man looks and sounds like a baboon and it's a wonder he has managed to get this far in life without choking on his own tongue

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Blue On Blue posted:

no one that uses a computer all day would dare put their glass of water that close
Are you kidding? That's about the only authentic thing about that whole charade.

No. The way you can tell he's faking it is he didn't reflexively spam ctrl+s after making that change.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

tooterfish posted:

Are you kidding? That's about the only authentic thing about that whole charade.

No. The way you can tell he's faking it is he didn't reflexively spam ctrl+s after making that change.

Hahaha, yes.

I was watching a video recently that pointed out how everybody who plays Ocarina of Time on the N64 ends up saving like 3 times in a row, "just in case".

And yeah I'm the same with my IDE.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

I dont care how, but make this the thread title.
Invent the technology to make it happen if you must, but do it.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tooterfish posted:

:five:

This guy programs.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Is this peak Star Citizen... Beet gets into a war with Lethality and David Bowie's son over JPEGS?

The bear who sold the world springs to mind :)

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

this latest bit of drama has led to some good 'shops

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

since we are taking trip to the memory lane.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDrIyOjEYRk

not 1 or 2 generations of cpu's/gpu's have paased
but 3. 3 freaking generations and star citizen still should run great on bulldozer APU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Dark Off posted:

star citizen still should run great on bulldozer APU

nothing runs great on bulldozer

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT
Since memory lane is full steam ahead, please do not forget this gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxlrKlLO9g

Imagine, this is the Chris supposedly fixing the physics flight model.

How Citizens are not scared at that thought is beyond me. He's clearly incompetent.

Nyast fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Aug 26, 2019

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
RGO is good. It's literally Privateer 2019, with all the positives and negatives associated with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Nyast posted:

Since memory lane is full steam ahead, please do not forget this gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxlrKlLO9g

this is the man that is supposedly programming your physics