Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
There was a music video that I think was unofficial, with Leonard Nimoy showing him walk around in his bathrobe, frequently featuring the line "I'm a bad motherfucker". Not sure if the video was originally for something else, but I believe the video was taken off of youtube for copyright violation.

Anyone remember this? Have any idea where I could find it now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

2 penny bottle imp posted:

There was a music video that I think was unofficial, with Leonard Nimoy showing him walk around in his bathrobe, frequently featuring the line "I'm a bad motherfucker". Not sure if the video was originally for something else, but I believe the video was taken off of youtube for copyright violation.

no i didnt find it sorry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRaDhX9PbvQ

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Dude- come on!
I just googled: Zombie Beatles "Hard Day's Night"
And multiple copies of the video immediately came up, including on YouTube.

Enjoy:
https://youtu.be/jP6nYs9Il7c

What the gently caress, I've searched multiple times on YouTube and Google and never found it. I might be losing my mind or maybe I'm becoming braindead, I don't know. Thank you, through the egg on my face. :psyduck:

Tip posted:

Was it Jungle Jim's Playland? I loved this place when I was a kid, and it was apparently a national chain.

That monkey logo does seem vaguely familiar. I'm not sure if that's exactly it, but I'll look more into it tonight. Thanks!

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
solving all problems on my way to solving all problems in my way

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Assuming it’s this one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dULOjT9GYdQ

Edit: not sure about the “I’m a bad motherfucker” bit, though.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
My grandparents would put out dishes of a small fruit-shaped candy...it was realistic fruit-shaped candy, not like Runts, but a lot like those marzipan candies:

But I'm pretty sure they were NOT marzipan. This would have been mid-70's to the early 80's, BTW. They were fruit-flavored, a little tart, and they had a hard candy shell. They were a LOT like sour balls, actually (in taste and texture), but they looked like realistic tiny little fruits. More realistic than those marzipans in the picture, in fact. My mom has no idea what I'm talking about, but my sister remembers exactly the same candy.

edit: Might be Swiss Petite Fruits —which I just now discovered with much more general search criteria— but I'm not sure. I remember them being much more elaborately decorated. I just ordered a 1-lb bag of them to see if that's it:

Lincoln fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 25, 2019

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

curlingiron posted:

Assuming it’s this one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dULOjT9GYdQ

Edit: not sure about the “I’m a bad motherfucker” bit, though.

Okay now I'm remembering - it was this video but overlaid with another song that worked pretty well. Not sure about the song except that line, which is pretty hard to google for.

MrChrome
Jan 21, 2001
I've been trying to ID this song for 15 years. It's the second to last song in an hour long DJ set which has no artist or title.

Here's a 45 second sample:
https://marcsanta.com/untitled.mp3

The singers voice makes me laugh. I also thing the song is kind of a jam.

I've tried Shazam and Googling the lyrics. The mix has a bunch of remixes of 70s-80s songs so maybe this is a remake of something from that period?

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
Mine is a short "film" that Sci-Fi channel used to show a lot in the mid to late 90s. It was called Suspicious and it starred Janeane Garofalo as a gas station clerk working the night shift. I remember it being a really creepy horror/thriller short. Here is the IMDB page for it: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111324/

The director of the short used to have it on his YouTube page according to Google, but he has since deleted himself off YouTube. I've checked absolutely everywhere and have no idea how I can find this so that I may see it again. I'd really love to, if only so that I could try to close the chapter in my life of trying to see it again.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
an asian stand up comedian doing a bit about the different ways different asian cultures speak english in what i assume was some type of mandarin. the sample statement of speaking english had to do with a jeep. the singapore one kept saying jeep-lah.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
A counterstrike YouTube video of Australian/new Zealand shittalking over all chat in the half time of a ranked match.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Back in like, 2008-2009 there was a Machinima group called Darkspire Films that did a short series using Gears of War called Geared: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdE9uedeGTo. It's stupid and hilarious and there's a bunch of little references my brothers and I make constantly.

Machinima is dead, and Darkspire has long been broken up, but their YouTube page still exists ...with Gears scrubbed from the videos. I have all of them saved except the 4th of July special. I've looked everywhere, I tried to message them on YT and Twitter, nothing.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

abigserve posted:

A counterstrike YouTube video of Australian/new Zealand shittalking over all chat in the half time of a ranked match.

I managed to find this, though it's not during halftime. I'd also try asking the CS:GO thread in Games, someone there might know.

i!ii!!iii!!!ii!!i!
Jan 5, 2011

Cool avs beyond this door.
1. A late 90s/early 2000s SNL or MadTV video sketch (not live, a recordrd short) that was all about elderly Neil Armstrong (?) not finding anything satisfying after landing on the moon. Anything he was doing (including loving his wife) he would just think/shout "MOOOON!".

2. A sidescroller Sega game where you play this robo chick with green hair and there are all these like white balls with simple faces like Kodama

3. An early 90s movie that heavily featured the southwest, and three criminals/outlaws were maybe chasing a couple, but all I remember is the bad guys had some crazy drug they kept taking through pneumatic injector. The main bad guy had a bolo tie and maybe forced a bald dude they captured to take it. I don't know why I remember any of this.

4. An 80s movie where some people are all on an island getting murdered by some dude it turns out that all wronged somehow.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

A few years ago I tried to find some old Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn episodes because I thought it was a pretty funny show. Cannot find a single loving episode of that show online anywhere.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

i!ii!!iii!!!ii!!i! posted:

1. A late 90s/early 2000s SNL or MadTV video sketch (not live, a recordrd short) that was all about elderly Neil Armstrong (?) not finding anything satisfying after landing on the moon. Anything he was doing (including loving his wife) he would just think/shout "MOOOON!".

Oh I remember this. He would just be going about his day like going grocery shopping and reaching for an item on the shelf and he'd stop and think, I was the first man on the moon. Goddamn!

And his unsatisfied wife would complain in bed, "Are you thinking about the moon again, Neil?" and he'd just be like "Sorry!"

Can't remember if it was SNL or MadTV either. It was filmed and letterboxed like a movie which was more MadTV's style but it could've been SNL too.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That sounds more like something from The State or the weirdly brief The Edge.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Oh I remember this. He would just be going about his day like going grocery shopping and reaching for an item on the shelf and he'd stop and think, I was the first man on the moon. Goddamn!

And his unsatisfied wife would complain in bed, "Are you thinking about the moon again, Neil?" and he'd just be like "Sorry!"

Can't remember if it was SNL or MadTV either. It was filmed and letterboxed like a movie which was more MadTV's style but it could've been SNL too.

I remember this too. Could it have been Upright Citizens Brigade? Seems too subtle for MadTV. I think UCB also did Einstein berating himself for masturbating.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Pretty sure the game in 2 above is Mischief Makers

Camo Guitar
Jul 15, 2009
A website article and a couple of very old pc games:

The article I swear was linked here on SA years ago, possibly in a thread full of useful links or something like it. It was about using olive oil and something else as way to combat naturally oily skin. The trick was to find the balance of oil + (water?) in stages to work out the mix you needed to help your own skin.

The first game - early 90's rpg, I can't remember the graphics but it came on a shareware disc and you started as a barbarian. There were options to switch classes like a ninja but it highly recommended that you didn't until you had reached at least lvl 40 as a barbarian first which took forever...

Game 2 - 80s? Game set on a battlefield where black and white almost stick figures fought (you clicked one on top of the other and they would both flash to show they were fighting) and you could open chests etc. More than likely on an Amstrad or hell, even an ancient mac.

OMG JC
Jul 30, 2004

When I was a kid, I remember this short film or something that used to air on Nickelodeon. It was about this kid that was wandering around his empty neighborhood, trying to figure out where everyone went. Then he runs into this cop, and they're like the last two people on Earth or something like that. I've pretty much convinced myself that this was probably just a dream I had, but it would be cool to find out that it actually existed.

I also remember what I think was an episode of Unsolved Mysteries. It was this couple sitting in bed, and suddenly this green translucent face appears on their tv, which is turned off. I remember this scaring the hell out of me when I was little.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I listened to this tape a lot when I was a kid. It's a demo tape that came with a 1970s Panasonic tape deck. It was an instrumental version of Ob-la-di, ob-la-da in sort a big band lounge arrangement with horns.

Found this image on discogs, but I like to know if the sound is preserved somewhere.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Well what the hell do ya know, googling "Neil Armstrong Saturday Night Live" brings it right up!

Neil Armstrong - The Ohio Years

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

n/m

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Aug 26, 2019

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

There's a soccer clip I've been looking for for years. Basically a player (I think he was playing for Romania) was about to be substituted because he was injured. So he starts hobbling towards the halfway line but then the ball comes to him. He scores from about 25 metres out then starts hobbling off again.

One other thing I've been looking for. There was an ad that used to run in shoot magazine (UK). It was for football boots, thinking maybe arrow. It had a woman wearing a catsuit and a whip in her mouth. The tagline was something along the lines of nothing beats PVC. I'm shocked they let it into the magazine since it was aimed at pre-teens and up.

hahayup
Sep 14, 2007

thick lush back hair. someone get me a pony.
A YouTube video of a classical guitar being played by a Spanish man in an orange sweater, on a sort of talk show, I believe the host may have been a black guy, who is at a desk iirc.

I recall a lot of wood grains, browns, and oranges in the video. The song he played I really liked and listened to it a lot, maybe about 10 years ago. I haven't been able to find it though the past few years when I looked for it. I stumbled upon it when I was getting into playing the classical guitar. The song was quite long.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I saw this fat batman model and found it funny, but can't find anywhere to buy it:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ok, here's one I just remembered that I've been looking for for a while, and if someone could find the name of the comedian, I'd love that.

White guy (surprise!), looked to be about 30-ish in the mid-late 90s when I first saw this. It was on a show called 'Comedy and Club 54' hosted by Ben Guyatt. It was on the Comedy Network up here in :canada: Anyway, I don't remember anything about this guy's set except for two very specific things:

1) he did an impression of backwoods redneck music when referring to someone like that, and he mimics the fiddles or whatever, in a very exaggerated-but-not-incorrect "chew chew chew-chew-chew" way. Like he was saying/singing those words and it actually didn't sound far off from old timey redneck fiddle music.

2) he is, to date, the only person I've ever seen do a normal, non-Forrest Gump Tom Hanks impression. He mentions Hanks, probably because he sort of looked like him, and then yelled out with insane accuracy 'crying in baseball?! There's no crying in baseball!" from A League of Their Own. The dude NAILED Tom Hanks' yelling voice, and I wish I could find either him or that clip again. If I even knew his name, I'd be able to look him up and go from there. If I remember correctly, he actually sort of looked a little bit like Tobey Maquire mixed with Tom Hanks.

EDIT: Also, I'm just quoting myself here in case anyone new might know where I can find either of these...

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

My white whales (that I can think of, right now) are both known and unknown:

Known: Eagleslayer (or Eagleslayer 2000)'s song "Handsome Dr Stabby Eyez". I used to have a copy of this, but lost it. Can't find it ANYWHERE. Help?

Unknown: a kid's Christmas book from the 80s, maybe 70s (I was born in 83, had it as a kid). It might be a Golden Book, not sure, but the main thing I remember from it is that all of the art almost looked like stained glass, in that there were very thick outlines for everything, and inside of those lines were likely solid colours, not sure. I specifically remember big, person-sized candles which were red with white trimming, made to look like snow. Bits and pieces are sort of coming to the surface of my mind, but then it fades away.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Mine is an Anime. It's one of this ancient prophecies one. Some guy traipsed all over Japan and receives seven wounds on parts of his body that line up with a constellation, the big dipper I think (it also lines up with the parts of Japan where he got those wounds.) Pretty sure it name checks the brahman and atman at some point. Also I'm pretty sure there's a scene when a princess comes out of a giant egg to give the hero a mirror and she falls apart.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hb2a.gif

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

bessantj posted:

Mine is an Anime. It's one of this ancient prophecies one. Some guy traipsed all over Japan and receives seven wounds on parts of his body that line up with a constellation, the big dipper I think

Fist of the North Star???

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

i!ii!!iii!!!ii!!i! posted:

4. An 80s movie where some people are all on an island getting murdered by some dude it turns out that all wronged somehow.

The Burning? - https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0082118/

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

henpod posted:

I saw this fat batman model and found it funny, but can't find anywhere to buy it:

It's a lifesize sculpture by Italian artist Francesco De Molfetta

http://www.francescodemolfetta.info/le-mostre/

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Fist of the North Star???

No, I can see where you're coming from but this wasn't an action movie and may not have been the big dipper. It was a bit of a slow burn and I think there was a secret group trying to stop the main character or at least bring him under their control. I know my description is all over the place, no amount of Googling has brought me the answer.

i!ii!!iii!!!ii!!i!
Jan 5, 2011

Cool avs beyond this door.

Scaramouche posted:

Pretty sure the game in 2 above is Mischief Makers

Hell yes, nice catch! Wasn't even for Sega. Thanks!

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Well what the hell do ya know, googling "Neil Armstrong Saturday Night Live" brings it right up!

Neil Armstrong - The Ohio Years

I swear I typed every iteration of "neil armstrong moon SNL" last year and couldn't find anything - but obviously my google-fu is weak as this has been on Vimeo for 8 years. "Oh you sweet bitch you ruined me for anybody else - AWOOOO". Thanks!

No, although the bad guy in the one I'm thinking of had also been disfigured. I realize this plot trope is in countless other movies... the only other stuff I can remember as I think it was in the south pacific and everyone was grown up. Also you slowly pieced together what was going on, you didn't know until later in the movie why he was killing everyone.... and maybe he had plastic surgery and was actually one of the people trapped? IDK, it might have been direct to TV or something.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A complete set of Time-Life's Mysteries of the Unknown or The Enchanted World that isn't 300 bucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7veciQZgYo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdxNwByblQE

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Randaconda posted:

A complete set of Time-Life's Mysteries of the Unknown or The Enchanted World that isn't 300 bucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7veciQZgYo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdxNwByblQE

I borrowed the dragon edition of the The Enchanted World series from my school library so many times. Took me years to stumble over a cheap copy afterwards, I'm gonna hand it over to some random kid who loves dragons some day.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I borrowed the dragon edition of the The Enchanted World series from my school library so many times. Took me years to stumble over a cheap copy afterwards, I'm gonna hand it over to some random kid who loves dragons some day.

:unsmith:

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

Do it ironically posted:

There was a live action Snow White or just fairy tale in general movie I watched while I was sick years ago and all I remember is Snow White leaves the prince to go back to the dwarves who she had a sexual relationship with all of them, it might have been a French Canadian movie

Or I was jus hopped up on flu meds

Do it ironically posted:

it's not this, I think I'm associating it with french canada because at the time on superchannel (in canada) bon cop, bad cop was playing a lot as well and that's a french canadian movie, I think it was just all english but I can't be 100% sure

Since I don't think this was ever answered, I'm 90% sure this is L'Odyssée d'Alice Tremblay a.k.a. Alice's Odyssey. I saw it on CityTV years ago and it's a goofy fairy tale comedy from Quebec that's PG-13 at most. The 7 dwarves being Snow White's lovers is absolutely a thing in it.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0302882

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Years and years ago, late 90s or early 2000s, there was a program on my local pbs that I think was a one off special. They went through a bunch of classical plays just giving a broad summary and it was illustrated with I think paper cutouts. What really stuck out was they kept a counter of all the deaths that occurred in each play and at the end of the show the narrator did a sum up of all the deaths that had happened in all of the plays.