Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

I am still a few pages behind but how the hell did none of you catch that in the slides they very clearly say "key beats for the art team to hit" when describing the the ship? I mean we all know this is blatant jpg sale, but the loving balls on CInotG to put that in. The backers truly are brainwashed to miss this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Kikas posted:

I am still a few pages behind but how the hell did none of you catch that in the slides they very clearly say "key beats for the art team to hit" when describing the the ship? I mean we all know this is blatant jpg sale, but the loving balls on CInotG to put that in. The backers truly are brainwashed to miss this.

Chris clearly didn't want to spend ten minutes updating the internal design slides used at the original internal pitch meeting. So we get a glimpse behind the scenes thanks to some good ol' CIG laziness.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nyast posted:

Since memory lane is full steam ahead, please do not forget this gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxlrKlLO9g

Imagine, this is the Chris supposedly fixing the physics flight model.

How Citizens are not scared at that thought is beyond me. He's clearly incompetent.

Let's go on a memory trip indeed:

YouTube video of CRoberts and DBraben discussing stuff, four videos in a playlist.

It's nice to see them in a direct comparison, as it really highlights - I believe - how insecure Chris is.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kikas posted:

To be honest, art is also 3D art, as in modelling, since the people who do that are called 3D artists. I am pretty sure they have at least some models - which is more than can be said about some of the older, original concepts sold in 2012 - 14.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Scruffpuff posted:

Listen, Chris needs more money to complete his pet project, a very bad "movie game" that's neither, and that nobody wants. In fact, people would pay willingly to prevent its release. So what if he just held a concierge event and took money for a ship that doesn't exist in a game he's not making, and then used that stolen money to fund his own personal vanity project? The man codes 80 hours a week with advanced physics - that's guaranteeing cutting-edge physics algorithms that NASA will want to pay rights for to help fund their Mars missions. Nothing but the best from the man who thinks you can swim in space if you wave your arms a certain way. I for one am sick of all the negativity surrounding this project, everyone is acting like lying, stealing, fraud, and misrepresentation are bad things. They're not seeing the bigger picture here. I'm literally debugging a device driver while I type this.

Bwahahahaha lol

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

boviscopophobic posted:

Here's just the moment itself, maybe someone else has the actual source:

I know this is a couple of years old by now, but I just noticed you can see the reflection of the camera in the framed poster to the right. The camera is mounted on a tripod and it looks like Chris is all alone in there.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

It's nice to see them in a direct comparison, as it really highlights - I believe - how insecure Chris is.
Stop spreading FUD. There's no reason at all why used car salesman Chris Roberts should feel insecure in the presence of Cambridge University alumni, pioneering computer scientist and co-founder of the Raspberry Pi Foundation David Braben OBE.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hey guys, can I pick up the game on Steam or Epic Store?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

:five:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Paladinus posted:

Hey guys, can I pick up the game on Steam or Epic Store?

Sure, just paypal me $1999,-

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Daztek posted:

Sure, just paypal me $1999,-

What ship will I get?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Just a reminder that if you beat the highscore in RGO's Asteroids clone arcade game, you are recruited for a secret mission to save the galaxy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmPGuMGs8cg

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

I know this is a couple of years old by now, but I just noticed you can see the reflection of the camera in the framed poster to the right. The camera is mounted on a tripod and it looks like Chris is all alone in there.

loving :lol:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Apparently by retweeting Disney games accounts or any MMOs in general. It’s more than a hobby, but less than a job.

Star Citizen is also the only game he has the logo for in his avatar.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Civility:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

MassivelOP:

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Nyast posted:

Since memory lane is full steam ahead, please do not forget this gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxlrKlLO9g

Imagine, this is the Chris supposedly fixing the physics flight model.

How Citizens are not scared at that thought is beyond me. He's clearly incompetent.

Crap I just realized we are having a "Remember When?"

We are now required to establish a counter-convention where we discuss all of the wonderfully stupid things having occurred over the last decade with CIG.

I'll be in charge of the t-shirts! Maybe have the convention in Las Vegas, Miami, Dresden or Detroit?

monkeytek fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 26, 2019

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'll take a t-shirt and am willing to pay $30 shipping costs.

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017
I wonder if SIG will ever introduce their own cryptocurrency, tradable for ingame currentcy when the game is released. Ofcourse there will be a bonus for those who invest early ...

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Yes. We go to extreme lengths to discredit CIG here. Here's a small but non-exhaustive list of some of the things we've forced CIG to do:

Miss every self reported milestone, to the point where they had to stop reporting milestones.
Charge thousands of dollars for pictures of unimplemented game assets.
Lose a seat in, and thus missell, one of said game assets.
Continually expand the scope of features while making almost no progress on said features.
Tout themselves as the most transparent company ever while making everyone involved sign NDAs.
Relocate their offices at vast expense from Austin Texas to the place that entirely coincidentally is where the film industry is based.
Make Sandi lie about her educational credentials.
Make Chris not understand physics. Or anything.
Make Ben fat.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Dementropy posted:

MassivelOP:

I know I shouldn't poo-poo negative press coverage but it irritates me when game journos read a subreddit drama thread and then do a write-up. I know that getting the facts is hard, but "What may raise eyebrows is... the fact that this spacecraft makes use of gameplay mechanics that aren't in the alpha build yet." All of the spacecraft do that. That is the most fundamental piece of why the game is so controversial, you knob! If they'd been selling bazillion dollar ships that worked for the last seven years, this thread wouldn't exist.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Sarsapariller posted:

I know I shouldn't poo-poo negative press coverage but it irritates me when game journos read a subreddit drama thread and then do a write-up.
Yeah, they should do what proper journalists do and get their stuff off twitter.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i'm the lady in yellow on the right

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Inacio posted:

Should zoom into Chambers like Nicholson at the end of The Shining.

ModernSociety
Jul 12, 2017

It's no good. I'm never catching up with the thread :eng99:

Anything good happened in the last 200 pages?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

ModernSociety posted:

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw got released.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

ModernSociety posted:

We finally got a not poo poo thread title, which isn't something I thought I'd ever see again

ModernSociety
Jul 12, 2017

Hannibal Rex posted:

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw got released.

And it's both cool and good!

ModernSociety
Jul 12, 2017

Wait. No...That's Star Citizer I'm thinking of...

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Inacio posted:

Either:

A) was sitting there prior to the CIG horde showing up and was caught in the aftermath. My sympathies.

OR

B) significant other dragged to this event, against her will and openly showing her disdain in the picture. Again my sympathies.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://twitter.com/MrPSB/status/1165904064271572997

:hmmyes:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:lol:

Also: look Beet, you're famous :toot::v:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/SidAlpha/status/1166004618293207040

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

lol again. The shame

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Inacio posted:

I adjusted the image slightly for clarity. :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sabreseven posted:

I adjusted the image slightly for clarity. :)

holy loving poo poo :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

If you want a vision of Star Citizen under Chris Roberts, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever. And every once in a while it stops for an inspirational lecture on how we should never stop dreaming