Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisBunkCannotSwim
Sep 17, 2010

Get in the bin.

If we're doing anti-fash metal, I'm very on board with Gaylord's ENBY BLACK METAL ASSULT, and songs about mocking and/or killing (usually both) Nazis is very much their thing:

https://youtu.be/4c-Ovc4_46A

E: Wait, gently caress, I've never had to do one of these before. Umm... 206 is nowhere near enough dead Nazis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
My missus' cousin is a sound artist and was attending a conference which had a morning topic of "The Pinkification of Black Metal". Shame he didn't take notes, could have gotten some good tips

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Junior G-man posted:

Who wants some magic unicorn Irish border? I do! I do!

Oh ok so now it's a crime - which wasn't at all a problem during the Troubles, and we don't do border checks, but we'll do them 5 miles inland.

So do some people not know smuggling is already illegal or.....??

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

namesake posted:

So do some people not know smuggling is already illegal or.....??

Yeah but now it would be the EU AND the UK putting smugglers on the naughty step.

I mean, before the EU the Irish didn't police their border soooooo

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1165973177383694338

So in her mind Parliament passes a law delaying Brexit, and then presumably for a second referendum, and Johnson is perfectly happy being the PM who presides over all of that happening.

Her supporters are loving idiots if they think they can force Johnson to be the PM who ran a second referendum, when he could just call an election at any time.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Bands from (mostly) Muslim countries:

In some muslim countries, bands are risking imprisonment or death for playing metal.

Saudi band: Al Namrood (Nimrod in English)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I8IZursets

Iraqi band: Seeds of Iblis (Iblis is quranic name for the angel cast out from heaven so I guess Lucifer would be the best Christian equivalent)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7KofxE-410

Palestinian band: Khalas (means 'Enough')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtqTuxksETE

Another Saudi band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cneq8tyhTvY

I'll just slip this one in, Arsames from Iran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbq0onwKG9I

Hope that's enough to show you it exists!

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 26, 2019

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

BOLT THROWER

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

jabby posted:

So in her mind Parliament passes a law delaying Brexit, and then presumably for a second referendum, and Johnson is perfectly happy being the PM who presides over all of that happening.

Her supporters are loving idiots if they think they can force Johnson to be the PM who ran a second referendum, when he could just call an election at any time.

LMAO "we need to work together NOW to stop a hard Brexit*"

*but not with Jeremy Corbyn. He Bad.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

jabby posted:

I mean technically they can force him to be PM, Bojo can't just call a general election. He'd have to get a vote through for that, and Labour could just say no. Not that they would.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1165973177383694338

I seriously, seriously cannot fathom how this poo poo-for-brains is a politician, let alone the leader of a political party.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bardeh posted:

I seriously, seriously cannot fathom how this poo poo-for-brains is a politician, let alone the leader of a political party.

Have you met the Lib Dems before?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Junior G-man posted:

Who wants some magic unicorn Irish border? I do! I do!

Oh ok so now it's a crime - which wasn't at all a problem during the Troubles, and we don't do border checks, but we'll do them 5 miles inland.

It's also literally an idea which was floated 2+ years ago where we said we would collect taxes and duties on behalf of the EU which the EU said was completely unacceptable

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Bands from (mostly) Muslim countries:

In some muslim countries, bands are risking imprisonment or death for playing metal.

Saudi band: Al Namrood (Nimrod in English)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I8IZursets

Iraqi band: Seeds of Iblis (Iblis is quranic name for the angel cast out from heaven so I guess Lucifer would be the best Christian equivalent)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7KofxE-410

Palestinian band: Khalas (means 'Enough')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtqTuxksETE

Another Saudi band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cneq8tyhTvY

I'll just slip this one in, Arsames from Iran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbq0onwKG9I

Hope that's enough to show you it exists!

Ayat are a quite interesting band from a majority Muslim country but considering one of their tunes is subtitled All Hail Allah The Swine I'm not sure they're from the Muslim community. There's Akvan who is a one man band (as is so normal in black metal, fits the misanthropy I guess) who lives in Iran (though I think he was born in the US to parents who'd fled after the revolution). Violet Cold is another one man project from Baku, Azerbaijan. There's some good stuff anyway.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

RabidWeasel posted:

It's also literally an idea which was floated 2+ years ago where we said we would collect taxes and duties on behalf of the EU which the EU said was completely unacceptable

Wouldn't that be essentially like the current system? Not that it would be workable after Brexit of course.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Nice, saved for later perusal, cheers

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Oh dear me posted:

I think that was the plan. But suppose we stay - the Tories can then fight the next election promising to invoke Article 50 immediately and leave on the dot 2 years later, and they'd win easily, I think, if the Brexit Party stood down, since that is a lot more likely than the LibDems standing down. A Labour withdrawal really is the best we can hope for now, I'm afraid.

Would the BXP stand down, though? The BXP is Farage, and Farage would be just as content raking in racist cash to support the constant struggle to Brexit as he would be actually doing it. I think they'd be as or more ready to spin the "only we can be trusted to deliver" line.

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1165973179250159617

SNP as well?

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Yeah what the hell is the SNP doing between LibDem and CUKTIGUKHOORAY?

Also I don't understand why those are still listed as separate parties because holy gently caress what a useless bunch.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The tories won't vote agains the government which is why my plan of getting them to pass a law against the government is very workable yes big galaxy brain I am.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Repeat for the hundredth time: The SNP want hard Brexit. It is the best chance they have to gain Scottish independence.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

I can think of a few times it happened, mostly during that time when everyone's predecessor was too Catholic/Protestant and therefore all their Acts were suspect.

Edward cancelled Henry, Mary cancelled Edward, and so on.

I'm going to need a cite on this one, mate. Note that repealing specifically laws on religion != abolishing all laws passed during someone's reign.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Statute_of_Repeal

'The First Statute of Repeal was an Act of the Parliament of England (1 Mary, st. 2, c. 2), passed in 1553 in the first Parliament of Mary I of England's reign, nullified all religious legislation passed under the previous monarch'

1660 was an exception because the Republic was specifically viewed as illegitimate by Charles II (big surprise). That isn't true elsewhere in history. I think we can deal without whatever changes have recently been made to the governance of the Church of England, no?

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Jedit posted:

Would the BXP stand down, though? The BXP is Farage, and Farage would be just as content raking in racist cash to support the constant struggle to Brexit as he would be actually doing it. I think they'd be as or more ready to spin the "only we can be trusted to deliver" line.

More importantly, if Labour, given a full term, can’t improve people’s lives enough that they no longer want to burn everything down, then what’s the point of them anyway?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Metal is shite

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

YES

a few christmases ago we had a competition as a family (well, my in-laws anyway) to make each other hats. My step cousin bought this really cool outback hat from a charity shop and then hot glued tinsel and baubles to it. Shame really since I wouldn't mind one of them, but I couldn't get all of the chrismas poo poo off it.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Jose posted:

Metal is shite

only wood and plastic for me from now on bro

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Failed Imagineer posted:

I kinda assume Cattle Decapitation are anti-fash, being so stridently pro-animal rights and environmentalist. Haven't really investigated beyond that.
Hitler and pals loved animals, and Instituted harsh animal welfare laws. Like, concentration camp harsh. It’s easy to love animals when you don’t have to love your fellow man.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Just wear the hat you want and don't think about what other people think of you based on your image?

Jose posted:

Metal is shite

t('.'t)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Hitler and pals loved animals, and Instituted harsh animal welfare laws. Like, concentration camp harsh. It’s easy to love animals when you don’t have to love your fellow man.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Szmitten posted:

I'm sorry your dual cat experience is being sullied by two dogs and a child.
Oh, the cats are lovely. Except (as happened just this weekend) when they poo poo on a rug, which then gets stepped on...

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
did u guys bet on how long it'd take for the graun to rehabilitate johnson?

anyway:

Heather Stewart, Political Editor posted:

Buffoonery is out
In the past, one reason for Johnson’s frequent gaffes was his constant, approval-seeking tic of sprinkling jokes into every public utterance.

During his leadership campaign, allies were already saying they had seen a more serious side of the man once better known for his Have I Got News For You appearances than his parliamentary oratory.

He’s still fond of using colourful language to convey a message, but he seems to have decided gags are not very prime ministerial.

so whoever's closest to 2-ish today wins

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Sssssssure, but they still tend to go together more often than not. Compassion is a very generalisable thing. Obviously it's not a flawless rubric, but it does the job for separating metal bands into fash/non-fash buckets because I'm too lazy to Google further.

Honestly, I don't get what people are trying to prove by talking about Hitler being a big animal lover and a vegetarian and such. Not you specifically,not just comes up a lot and usually leaves me at "so...?"

E: also I'm getting all my Brexit updates from this Twitter thread from now on

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1165676773750820864?s=19

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 26, 2019

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Yes reporter with Boris' ham flavoured cock in your gob, of course ecological conservation and climate change go hand in hand, this has been a focus of the green movement for years.

Good things Tories aren't full of poo poo... oh wait, noo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Honestly, I don't get what people are trying to prove by talking about Hitler being a big animal lover and a vegetarian and such. Not you specifically,not just comes up a lot and usually leaves me at "so...?"

You can find something nice to say about anyone and "only talk about the nice things" is a strategy often deployed to try to redeem lovely people. See the recently deceased Koch Bro and how totally pro-LGBT he was. "Hitler loved dogs" is counter to that as it demonstrates that a single virtue does not outweigh a mountain of vice.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Hitler breathed in a mix of nitrogen, oxygen and several other gases. If you do the same, you are a Nazi.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Random Integer posted:

You can find something nice to say about anyone and "only talk about the nice things" is a strategy often deployed to try to redeem lovely people. See the recently deceased Koch Bro and how totally pro-LGBT he was. "Hitler loved dogs" is counter to that as it demonstrates that a single virtue does not outweigh a mountain of vice.

Yeah the Hitler thing is "even the worst person in history had good qualities."

Also comrades is it just my part of the UK currently at 32+ celcius or are you just not talking about it because I missed you doing so while skipping pages to catch up?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

How many Quorn burgers would I need to eat to offset my invasion of Ireland?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Something odd is going on for sure, it's 31° here but Jack FM shared an image saying it was going to be 23° in general in Oxfordshire.

I think it's Putin testing his heat ray.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Failed Imagineer posted:

Sssssssure, but they still tend to go together more often than not. Compassion is a very generalisable thing. Obviously it's not a flawless rubric, but it does the job for separating metal bands into fash/non-fash buckets because I'm too lazy to Google further.

Well, for me, the whole point is that it might actually be a pretty bad metric. Like, do you know it does the job, or have you just decided that being pro-environment is non-fash without evidence? You don't even have to use compassion as your motivator, an environmentalist tendency might just as well be driven by a reactionary hatred of progress, and you wanting a nice natural world you can escape into to get away from all these awful degenerates.

Random Integer posted:

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah the Hitler thing is "even the worst person in history had good qualities."
Yeah. Even if the compassion shown is real, it's precisely the fact that compassion can be compartmentalized that makes it impossible to judge someone's character based on them having compassion for one group. Hitler loved animals, but would've killed the vast majority of the world if he could do it at a snap of his finger. Hell, the two aren't even opposing impulses, if the value of the natural world is partly that it's not full of all the wrong people.

Tesseraction posted:

Also comrades is it just my part of the UK currently at 32+ celcius or are you just not talking about it because I missed you doing so while skipping pages to catch up?
It's the new normal.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It is not only hot but humid and sweaty as balls. I had to go out today to get milk because the loving bank holiday meant I couldn't get it when it was cool(ish, last night was still warm as hell) and it was an effort just to breathe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
The only thing I really like about this weather is I can go for a run at 6am and it's a fairly pleasant medium warm to cool temperature but it also makes it really loving hard to sleep good enough to actually get my rear end out of bed that early

It's also great for swimming outdoors I guess