Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
It's too hot out to do a proper poll
This poll is closed.
Yesterday you said you'd call Sears 27 9.57%
I'll call tomorrow 11 3.90%
You'll call now 12 4.26%
I'll Call Now 19 6.74%
Another Scorcher 72 25.53%
Cool 34 12.06%
What the hell is this crap? I'm just here for Bowsette 107 37.94%
Total: 282 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Again what have they done to cultivate any of the good will you showed them (wrongly)?

Not jumping to conclusions isn't goodwill, this is gaslighting, please loving stop.

And on their previous announcement they said they were renegotiating their contracts to make it so they could cancel for issues like this. That strongly implies they would have done more if they could, and regret some of their current agreement. But seriously gently caress off with saying I support them for not jumping to immediately assuming something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Just do what I do, and assume that every company is terrible.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Not jumping to conclusions isn't goodwill, this is gaslighting, please loving stop.

And on their previous announcement they said they were renegotiating their contracts to make it so they could cancel for issues like this. That strongly implies they would have done more if they could, and regret some of their current agreement. But seriously gently caress off with saying I support them for not jumping to immediately assuming something.

3d Realms strategy their entire history has been pushing buttons just enough to get attention.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm sorry if my cynicism with regards to the actions of a corporation made you upset. That wasn't my intention. I'm not nor am I trying to gaslight you and if that's the way it came across I'll take responsibility for posting poorly.

You snidely calling me toxic and quoting one sentence out of a more detailed post, where I straight up start to give 3DR the benefit of the doubt (before seeing the Polygon piece) and say that we can get more facts and decide about 3DR at some other time because it's not like we have to not buy multiple games (and that anyone from where I'm standing with good sense isn't buying Ion Storm) from them is lovely too.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'm sorry if my cynicism with regards to the actions of a corporation made you upset. That wasn't my intention. I'm not nor am I trying to gaslight you and if that's the way it came across I'll take responsibility for posting poorly.

You snidely calling me toxic and quoting one sentence out of a more detailed post, where I straight up start to give 3DR the benefit of the doubt (before seeing the Polygon piece) and say that we can get more facts and decide about 3DR at some other time because it's not like we have to not buy multiple games (and that anyone from where I'm standing with good sense isn't buying Ion Storm) from them is lovely too.

Your cynicism was fine, just as my optimism was fine. The problem was you highlighting how I (wrongly) supported them, when I didn't even support them at all.

"You're with us or against us" is extremely toxic

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
optimism is never fine

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Easy Allies review of Control is available now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WllGc8OtQxQ

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Videogames please post some cool Kirby GIFs and save us from this interminable existence

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I got Lemon a few dresses for her 3rd birthday, so enjoy this impromptu photoshoot for international dog day

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

optimism is never fine

Especially when that optimism is completely misplaced because the publisher made it clear they are backing the hate speech in Ion Fury after thinking about it for a weekend.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhCPG0qqRW8

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kirby Odyssey looking good

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

exquisite tea posted:

Steam reviews are pretty helpful in a diagnostic sense, like if the critical consensus is highly positive and the Steam reviews are crap then it's probably because the PC port has something wrong with it.

This is why I bought Ys VIII recently on PS4 instead of PC, lots of steam reviews said it can be real buggy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I tried to play ion homophobia but i got lost immediately because the level design is absolute madness with a hundred colors on every surface to make it extra disorienting

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Phone posting but using the wonderful jay rust to help here!

This would make such a great avatar. Goodness Kirby is the best posting brand.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

I tried to play ion homophobia but i got lost immediately because the level design is absolute madness with a hundred colors on every surface to make it extra disorienting

it's authentic lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I watched the GB Quick Look for Control and I'm actually a lot more sold on that game now, the combat seems serviceable and wandering around a giant paranormal government building gone all hosed up seems right up my alley. Also, it's got FMV

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im tentatively back on board now that i saw you get to fly around but its not gonna leap to the top of my backlog or anything

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kirby you fool those beans are not for eating!!!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

There's a bunch of conflicting reports about what's going on with Ion Fury, this is the best rundown I've found. It looks like the only thing different today vs. previous announcements is that they're not going to remove Ogay, which like great win for the review bombers lmao.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Convex posted:

Videogames please post some cool Kirby GIFs and save us from this interminable existence

https://i.imgur.com/SJ8hsiJ.mp4

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Is that your cat?!!? So cute. :3:

I miss having a cat and should go adopt one sometime soon.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Is that your cat?!!? So cute. :3:

I miss having a cat and should go adopt one sometime soon.

it is and his name is Kirby so it counts

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I am about 99% sure that the bear on the bed is the exact bear I had as a kid (and still have in a box somewhere). Can't confirm though because he's behind a dang blanket and I can't see if there's a bowtie or not. :mad:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Adopt a cat and post pictures

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's dog day. Adopt a dog

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

:hmmyes: that's a good cat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

haveblue posted:

True, I should have thought more about it. I guess there really is no algorithmic solution for thousands of people deciding to be assholes in the same place.

ALl it would take is for one human being to look at it and say "this is spiteful" but valve doesn't like moderating anything without a computer

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

it is and his name is Kirby so it counts

Didn't realize Aesop was a goon

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Update: 3D Realms tells Polygon that Voidpoint will honor part of the original statement by making the donation and pursuing sensitivity training. A representative said:

"However, the soap bottle will not be removed.

The use of the word “f*gbag” in an area that was inaccessible without hacking the game, and was added by one developer without approval from anyone else, was removed a few days ago. We once again apologize for this text as it does not reflect the values of 3D Realms or Voidpoint.

Jokes at the expense of marginalized communities will not be present in future games published by 3D Realms. However, a portion of our community made it loud and clear they felt removing ‘Ogay’ was censorship and should be protected by free speech. Voidpoint wanted to listen and we respected this decision."

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i like the word 'pursuing' because it implies they'll just ask in an email that maybe they should do it and then forget about the whole thing

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Sureeee

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I call to remove the words "censorship" and "free speech" from public usage.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Anytime i see that word Im like do you even know what censorship is?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
thats gotta be the dumbest thing to go outta your way to defend.

gamers never change

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
OK everyone I'm finally gonna do it I'm going to play The Witcher 3 it has been sitting on my PC for 3 years

I got past the tutorial section of the game with the griffin finally last night it's official

I have Hearts Of Stone and Blood And Wine installed and I'm gonna play it ALL

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Shindragon posted:

I think its when they remove the vagina bones of anime babes iirc

Monkey Fracas posted:

OK everyone I'm finally gonna do it I'm going to play The Witcher 3 it has been sitting on my PC for 3 years

I got past the tutorial section of the game with the griffin finally last night it's official

I have Hearts Of Stone and Blood And Wine installed and I'm gonna play it ALL

Congrats on your good decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Steve2911 posted:

I call to remove the words "censorship" and "free speech" from public usage.

Shindragon posted:

Same but also free speech