Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Davros1 posted:

You know they're going to brag the gently caress about how that opening hilt is a fully practical effect, like how they bragged about that stupid inflatable bread from TFA.

It's incredible that after all these decades, ILM has finally figured out the magic of a spring loaded mechanism that locks.

Also, :lol: they bragged about the bread!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
There's a zero percent chance of it happening but I really hope 3vil-PO is somehow Triple Zero from the recent comics.

Or Creepio from Jedi Party.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

AndyElusive posted:

LIGHTSABER THROW has been canon since 1983, laserbrain.

I knew someone was going to say this. Vader lazily tossed it at Luke and then walked over to pick it up. I’m talking about hurling it horizontally and using the Force to control it like a boomerang and call it back from midair :colbert:

Hazo fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 26, 2019

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
At last, the Singularity Engine shall be realized.

It’s beauty will be haunting!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hazo posted:

I knew someone was going to say this. Vader lazily tossed it at Luke and then walked over to pick it up. I’m talking about hurling it horizontally and using the Force to call it back from midair :colbert:

Nah, he throws it and then as he's walking he recalls the lasersword back to him. He just did that last part sort off offscreen but he never stops to grab it, he just walks near it and a second later dude ignites it again.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sigher posted:

It's incredible that after all these decades, ILM has finally figured out the magic of a spring loaded mechanism that locks.

Also, :lol: they bragged about the bread!?

The bread being a practical effect was pretty drat cool.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

More like the red eyes of skywalker (don't forget 3po is Anakin's son)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Watch out Rey, he has the high ground!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

AndyElusive posted:

Nah, he throws it and then as he's walking he recalls the lasersword back to him. He just did that last part sort off offscreen but he never stops to grab it, he just walks near it and a second later dude ignites it again.
Not the same as yeeting it full force and mind-controlling it in midair like a boomerang until it flies back to you like the video games and Rey appear to do. As far as I know nobody in canon has done that (I haven’t seen Rebels).

Edit: actually I guess yoda spikes a 501st trooper in RotS but it’s still not like a spinning buzzsaw dealie

Hazo fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 26, 2019

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Evil Rey looks like a toy.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I've seen both of the new movies and still couldn't describe Rey's personality to you if you asked

What is her character

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

"Person deeply conflicted between having a space adventure and being a sand hobo"

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Hazo posted:

I knew someone was going to say this. Vader lazily tossed it at Luke and then walked over to pick it up. I’m talking about hurling it horizontally and using the Force to control it like a boomerang and call it back from midair :colbert:

Yoda kind of did this in Episode 3, though instead of recalling it with the Force, he leapt up onto the guy's chest and ripped the lightsaber out manually.

They deliberated about whether or not to include it in the movie specifically because it seemed video-gamey.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Luke: family, friends, dreams, angst
Rey: one line of backstory

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I've seen both of the new movies and still couldn't describe Rey's personality to you if you asked

What is her character

"Someone please tell me what to do."

"No, not that, give me some other options"

Nov 6, 2002

Fitzy Fitz posted:

What is her character

Like everyone else in SW, someone who needs to really get laid.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ingmar terdman posted:

More like the red eyes of skywalker (don't forget 3po is Anakin's son)

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
https://twitter.com/vecchitto/status/1165997569807462400

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Extremely violent, weak willed, always faffing around, parental issues, identity issues,
doesn’t gently caress.

Yep, she’s an incel. (or femcel)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Given what happened recently, it seems like those Star Destroyers might should fly further apart.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

General Dog posted:

Given what happened recently, it seems like those Star Destroyers might should fly further apart.

Nah its a retcon. TLJ was a force dream. You can't actually do the Holdo maneuver.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What language would C3P0 use when he has droid 'relations'?

Nov 6, 2002

Wild Horses posted:

Extremely violent, weak willed, always faffing around, parental issues, identity issues,
doesn’t gently caress.

Yep, she’s an incel. (or femcel)

Pretend I posted the virgin/chad meme but it's all SW virgins.

Nov 6, 2002

Colostomy Bag posted:

What language would C3P0 use when he has droid 'relations'?

Python of course.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

What is her character

Rey is angry and has no chill. She likes fighting and blowing things up. She always rushes right into a fight both in TFA and TLJ. I find that kinda endearing.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Captain Jesus posted:

Rey is angry and has no chill. She likes fighting and blowing things up. She always rushes right into a fight both in TFA and TLJ. I find that kinda endearing.

She spent a lot of time watching the OT.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Evil Rey is either some stupid rear end vision, or one of the Knights of Ren that can shapeshift or project images themselves. I'm putting my money on the latter. A tryhard evil dweeb making an overly complicated lightsaber fits right in line with Ren.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Jiro posted:

Evil Rey is either some stupid rear end vision, or one of the Knights of Ren that can shapeshift or project images themselves. I'm putting my money on the latter. A tryhard evil dweeb making an overly complicated lightsaber fits right in line with Ren.

Why would they do that? Are they trying to trap Kylo using the old "Bugs Bunny dresses up like a sexy lady bunny" gambit?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Hazo posted:

Not the same as yeeting it full force and mind-controlling it in midair like a boomerang until it flies back to you like the video games and Rey appear to do. As far as I know nobody in canon has done that (I haven’t seen Rebels).

Edit: actually I guess yoda spikes a 501st trooper in RotS but it’s still not like a spinning buzzsaw dealie

Anakin definitely does this a couple of times in Clone Wars to drop a line of droids or cut through a tank or whatever.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The bread being a practical effect was pretty drat cool.

It was probably one of the few practical effects in the movie so compared to the rest of the package, yeah I guess it's not bad.

Nov 6, 2002

Jiro posted:

Prime Rey is one of multiple clones made by Palpatine and hidden throughout the galaxy, in order to defeat him she must first destroy Evil Rey and her tuning rod.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

Shaocaholica posted:

Nah its a retcon. TLJ was a force dream.

I would accept this if I thought whatever they replaced it with wouldn’t also be turdtastic.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

What is her character

There is a scene in TLJ where she is practice-sword fighting and knocks a boulder off a cliff that very nearly kills two space nuns. She gives them a silent, inconvenienced glare. Later she laughs while shooting people.

It may be intentional that she's a feral psychopath, but I think it's more a case like Zach Morris or Ferris Bueller, where Hollywood's ideal never-fail cool-guy plays like a psychopath to anyone with parents who loved them.

Nov 6, 2002

Could the Prequels be a force nightmare?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Red eyes 3PO means he's low on batteries.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

ruddiger posted:

Red eyes 3PO means he's low on batteries.

Uncle Palps screams at the fact he doesn't haven't AAA batteries in his junk drawer.

Nov 6, 2002

Remember to change the batteries in your C3PO unit every time you turn your clocks ahead or back.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Evil C-3PO is what happens when you recharge him after midnight.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
https://twitter.com/_elvishpresley_/status/1165317834093801472

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Captain Jesus posted:

Right, but that could just as easily describe an attack robot or a rathtar or something. What is her dialogue?