Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

Say yes to rear end-ism, not fascism!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

My anti-fash boner will be jammed

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Mr. Dick doesn't want to be a "downer" or present an argument from futility, but from February 14th, 2015 up untill right now there have been exactly 31 downloads of BonerJamz Vol. 1. If the aim is to gather enough in donations to a.)have an impact or b.) break even on administrative costs and fees, then the promotion for BonerJamz Vol. 3 is going to need to be bigger than "Hey, someone who understands reddit go post something on reddit".

Sweet_Joke_Nectar
Jun 7, 2007

i'm a little shai :3
in

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

In. Smashing keys == smashing fash

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I'm all about it.

I came up with a very stupid idea for a sample jam, but I'll save it until after this.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I'm in.
Time to dust off those Atari Teenage Riot CDs for theft inspiration

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
where does the boner part fit in? are these supposed to be sexy songs

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

No idea if my skills are up for this, but thought I'd post some useful links to samples:

A huge library of US presidential speeches, all with audio downloads. Using them in songs should be covered under parody, but they're also in the public domain:

https://millercenter.org/the-presidency/presidential-speeches

Hitler speeches, for when you really can't much tell the difference between that and a Trump rally:

https://archive.org/details/Hitler_Speeches

Results of searching for "fascist" on archive.org -- mostly a bunch of Antifa podcasts, but also looks like some white pride bullshit. All free to remix.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=fascist&and%5B%5D=mediatype%3A%22audio%22

Somebody recorded a reading of the "Simple Sabotage Field Manual" from WWII, intended to train anti-fascist resistance fighters.

https://archive.org/details/simple_sabotage_0908_librivox

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

the boner is vestigial

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Antifascism is inherently sexy. The inalienable core, the secret capstone of fascist movements is sexual frustration.

The unity that fascism requires and bolsters is only incidentally based around racist principles. It is necessarily based around sexist principles. The "other" that it requires as a thing to react against is the sexual other.

Fascism subjugates women and kills homosexuals because the most primary divide among people that can be leveraged to create, or manipulate, reactions against is the divide between boners and boner receptacles. The "them or us" that provides the unity and drive for fascism is between the men who know a woman's place in the world and everyone else who thinks they're jerks. Sexual and gender differences are ubiquitous among, and necessary for the continuation of a species that reproduces itself sexually. The fascist must position itself as fundamentally different from, and in hostile opposition to, the very hole that birthed it into the world and to all other holes. Fascist ideology precludes sex, the fascist limp penis can never lovingly, consensually, or cooperatively enter a hole. It cannot unite with the other. Fascism is dry dicked, nihilistic, apocalyptic, self annihilating, hateful, and necessarily anti-boner.

Fascism is the opposite of sexy, that is how it defines itself.

After declaring half the world's population, mothers, wives and sisters, as slaves and enemies, arbitrarily directing blind hatred towards any other group is trivial.

Fascism is an identity based around not being able to get laid, mostly because you are a terrible person. This personal identity amalgamates to a group unity, a collection of people united by their inability to get laid and motivated by what they perceive as the social structures and cultural norms preventing them from getting laid. Hitler was, first and foremost, unfuckable. There is a one-one overlap between incels and neofascists. The proud boys hold a membership criteria of not beating off, assuring that their unfuckable membership won't even get the one sexual release that they have at hand.

Fascism is a tool for capitalism. Instead of recognizing the structural obstacle to getting laid, that they're broke, prospectless losers, and that western culture goads people into seeing access to capital as the primary criteria for male fuckability, these easily duped suckers are tricked into thinking that they're unfuckable because of feminism or because people have dating standards or because of cultural Marxism or whatever other lie they're sold.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

On that note, here's a bunch of free orgasm samples:

https://freesound.org/search/?q=orgasm

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Mr. Dick posted:

Antifascism is inherently sexy. The inalienable core, the secret capstone of fascist movements is sexual frustration.

The unity that fascism requires and bolsters is only incidentally based around racist principles. It is necessarily based around sexist principles. The "other" that it requires as a thing to react against is the sexual other.

Fascism subjugates women and kills homosexuals because the most primary divide among people that can be leveraged to create, or manipulate, reactions against is the divide between boners and boner receptacles. The "them or us" that provides the unity and drive for fascism is between the men who know a woman's place in the world and everyone else who thinks they're jerks. Sexual and gender differences are ubiquitous among, and necessary for the continuation of a species that reproduces itself sexually. The fascist must position itself as fundamentally different from, and in hostile opposition to, the very hole that birthed it into the world and to all other holes. Fascist ideology precludes sex, the fascist limp penis can never lovingly, consensually, or cooperatively enter a hole. It cannot unite with the other. Fascism is dry dicked, nihilistic, apocalyptic, self annihilating, hateful, and necessarily anti-boner.

Fascism is the opposite of sexy, that is how it defines itself.

After declaring half the world's population, mothers, wives and sisters, as slaves and enemies, arbitrarily directing blind hatred towards any other group is trivial.

Fascism is an identity based around not being able to get laid, mostly because you are a terrible person. This personal identity amalgamates to a group unity, a collection of people united by their inability to get laid and motivated by what they perceive as the social structures and cultural norms preventing them from getting laid. Hitler was, first and foremost, unfuckable. There is a one-one overlap between incels and neofascists. The proud boys hold a membership criteria of not beating off, assuring that their unfuckable membership won't even get the one sexual release that they have at hand.

Fascism is a tool for capitalism. Instead of recognizing the structural obstacle to getting laid, that they're broke, prospectless losers, and that western culture goads people into seeing access to capital as the primary criteria for male fuckability, these easily duped suckers are tricked into thinking that they're unfuckable because of feminism or because people have dating standards or because of cultural Marxism or whatever other lie they're sold.

I trust you are gonna have that post read out through a vocoder on your tune? Its great.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
thank you mr. dick

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
Direct action is v needs suiting to my boners tyvm and tia.

Reminder archive.org has hell of old speeches, radio broadcasts etc. gonna give this one a go since I just stuck a squid salmple in the silver machine. Maybe I can be negativland or kmfdm back when they.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Oh, also some inspiration:

https://soundcloud.com/mustdiemusic/resist

Startyde posted:

Direct action is v needs suiting to my boners tyvm and tia.

Reminder archive.org has hell of old speeches, radio broadcasts etc. gonna give this one a go since I just stuck a squid salmple in the silver machine. Maybe I can be negativland or kmfdm back when they.

Some WWII-era FDR samples would be pretty great:

https://millercenter.org/the-presidency/presidential-speeches/january-7-1943-state-union-address

quote:

Yes, the Nazis and the Fascists have asked for it—and they are going to get it.

https://millercenter.org/the-presidency/presidential-speeches/july-28-1943-fireside-chat-25-fall-mussolini

quote:

The criminal, corrupt Fascist regime ... is going to pieces.

But he and his Fascist gang will be brought to book, and punished for their crimes against humanity. No criminal will be allowed to escape by the expedient of "resignation."

We will have no truck with Fascism in any way, in any shape or manner. We will permit no vestige of Fascism to remain.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

hell yeah, maybe this will motivate me to actually finish a track for once (probably not)

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

thank you mr. dick

:emptyquote:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

NonzeroCircle posted:

I trust you are gonna have that post read out through a vocoder on your tune? Its great.

The album liner notes.

Or the essay that accompanies the download, like a jazz or classical record.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I'm getting a ton of mileage out of buying that SoundForge pack. I've been collecting and creating samples and recordings and it's been smoothing them out super easy. Weird clicks gone. Weird hum gone. Weird everything - gone. Neato.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
here y'all are posting historical and royalty free samples and everything

I already made a stupid rear end song/remix but didn't realize until now that it doesn't belong in this because it samples a commercial song :negative: at least I got some practice working with samples, but I feel like an idiot

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Your Computer posted:

here y'all are posting historical and royalty free samples and everything

I already made a stupid rear end song/remix but didn't realize until now that it doesn't belong in this because it samples a commercial song :negative: at least I got some practice working with samples, but I feel like an idiot

What sample? Maybe do it anyway?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Electric Bugaloo posted:

What sample? Maybe do it anyway?
naw I've decided to salvage this by repurposing it with samples from something else, probably this

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Somebody recorded a reading of the "Simple Sabotage Field Manual" from WWII, intended to train anti-fascist resistance fighters.

https://archive.org/details/simple_sabotage_0908_librivox
because it sounds like it could be fun :pram:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
did someone say boner jamz

https://soundcloud.com/yourcomputer/dirty-factory

lyrics in case you want to sing along

quote:

"A clean factory is not susceptible to fire, but a dirty one is"

(Chorus)
Hard pistons, shafts and bearings
using a very rapid stroke get it
hard, squeeze it tightly,
Dirty Factory

Workers pounding
hard, squeeze the shaft
tight as you can make it
using a very rapid stroke get it
hard, squeeze it tightly,
Dirty Factory

Dirty workers
One...
Two...
Three...
Repeat the treatment a few times
One...
Two...
Three...
The sponge will gradually expand (breakdown)

"Power-driven tools like pneumatic drills, riveters, and so on are never efficient when dirty.
Lubrication points and electric contacts can easily be fouled by normal accumulations of dirt or the insertion of foreign matter."

(Chorus)

Dirty workers one
Dirty Factory

(i am very sleep deprived and this turned into something very different from what i usually make, and also incredibly dumb. i swear i'll try making a proper song too)

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 27, 2019

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Not sure if I'm going to use it for anything but if you anyone wants to sample James Earl Jones shouting at a fascist there's a great bit at about 9:32 in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLVqCGeK6JM

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I was thinking this antifa classic could come in handy

https://youtu.be/ulCw7RJ5eE8

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
There are some pretty good current and recent South and Central American protests to sample. There aren't any in the U.S. because we're sheep we profit from colonialism.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

If I end up with any free time, I might throw some sort of musical idea I'm working on into this jam of the boner. Also, with regards to the sampling challenge, I can't remember if it was me who mentioned it (I think it was?) but I was PMing back and forth with So Math, and told them my general idea for it, which is below:

quote:

If you're curious, my original idea was that the organizer would go and find 4 random samples from freesound.org (CC license 0, so they're all public domain and we don't end up in trouble with anything), throw them up on google drive or something, and then give everyone a week or so to come up with 2-3 different sound effects they made using only these three samples (and whatever plugin effect they want, but they should list them so we'll know).

For example:

Sample 1) A tree falling down
Sample 2) A coffee machine
Sample 3) A gross cough
Sample 4) Car horn

And then everyone can edit those however they want, using whatever plugin they want, with the sole limitation is that you're not permitted to use any other sound source or generator. All sound, however edited and affected via plugins, must originate from one or more of those samples. That means that you could take one of the sounds, put a ton of cathedral reverb on it, bounce it, and just take the reverb tail and use it. Technically, that would work, since the audio used was originally from one of the samples.

You could even say 'ok, you need to make 2 different sounds from these samples; The first one should be a one-off, non-looping sound. The other should be a seamless, looping sound effect.

So yeah, if you'd like to do that, be my guest. I might even take part, but I can't commit to it yet. I'll probably be able to, though.

So, maybe after this latest boner jam, we could try this out? Could be fun!

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I would give that a try! The boner jam is beyond me skill-wise at this point though.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

humbly submitting These Machines Kill Fascists as a tagline

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

My Lovely Horse posted:

humbly submitting These Machines Kill Fascists as a tagline

:yeshaha:

I'm doubtful for being able to contribute; combining lyrics with intent into music is two bridges too far for my abilities. Unless you want an intentionally shrill and lovely otamatone cover of a song fascists revere to be played at weaponized volume. But we can always see if inspiration strikes.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
The Meeblip Geode is the poo poo and a good intro synth piece for $150 vs the Neutron or something overly complicated esp. if you have something like a Keystep already.

Not being a Eurorack guy is a pain because I have a lot of multistrips.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

stillvisions posted:

I'm doubtful for being able to contribute; combining lyrics with intent into music is two bridges too far for my abilities.
Deranged Hail to the Chief or whatever on otomatone. Anything like that. I insist. We need this.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

The Meeblip Geode is the poo poo and a good intro synth piece for $150 vs the Neutron or something overly complicated esp. if you have something like a Keystep already.

Not being a Eurorack guy is a pain because I have a lot of multistrips.

I have a bunch of random gear and I’m at the point where it makes more sense to go traditional rack mount power and patch bays and snakes and junk. Just need to label and organize all my random power supplies

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

If I end up with any free time, I might throw some sort of musical idea I'm working on into this jam of the boner. Also, with regards to the sampling challenge, I can't remember if it was me who mentioned it (I think it was?) but I was PMing back and forth with So Math, and told them my general idea for it, which is below:

So, maybe after this latest boner jam, we could try this out? Could be fun!
yeah, something like that would be super fun! Organizing it might be a pain though, if everyone has to upload stuff?

also was my submission that bad that we're just ignoring it? :negative:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Your Computer posted:

yeah, something like that would be super fun! Organizing it might be a pain though, if everyone has to upload stuff?

I really liked it! I'm just also at work and couldn't really respond at the moment.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

It wouldn't play back in the Android app and I promptly forgot it existed. But it's good!

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Your Computer posted:

Mr. Dick spent the last 3 years on reddit. He thought he upvoted it.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Yeah I liked it too -- good 80s/90s industrial vibe, and great use of the samples.

If you wanted it extra filthy you could add in some public domain sex samples from freesound fading in and out in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Lead out in cuffs posted:

If you wanted it extra filthy you could add in some public domain sex samples from freesound fading in and out in the background.

Too much, IMO. Music with sex samples is almost always super awkward to listen to anywhere other humans are.