Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
It's too hot out to do a proper poll
This poll is closed.
Yesterday you said you'd call Sears 27 9.57%
I'll call tomorrow 11 3.90%
You'll call now 12 4.26%
I'll Call Now 19 6.74%
Another Scorcher 72 25.53%
Cool 34 12.06%
What the hell is this crap? I'm just here for Bowsette 107 37.94%
Total: 282 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

how come Kirby is so cute and pure while fighting eldritch abominations with names like Void Soul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I still havent warmed up to Witcher thanks to a game breaking dive bug and janky controls but Im planning to give it another go tonight

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Kirby 64, if you mess up the picnic mini game in between levels, Kirby gets really sad and starts crying.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Dewgy posted:

I am about 99% sure that the bear on the bed is the exact bear I had as a kid (and still have in a box somewhere). Can't confirm though because he's behind a dang blanket and I can't see if there's a bowtie or not. :mad:

that is Mister Bear and he does indeed have a red bowtie. i have had him since i was like 2. the most senior of all my plushies (i have a lot of plushies)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I want to play video games but the temp here in the UK is too hot for me right now and instead I am flopped on the sofa with what looks like three equally melted cats.

I am so bad at dealing with heat and would love to live somewhere cold!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kerrzhe posted:

that is Mister Bear and he does indeed have a red bowtie. i have had him since i was like 2. the most senior of all my plushies (i have a lot of plushies)

Hell yeah! :hfive:

I actually found a second one when I was like, 12 or something at a thrift store, which was kinda odd, though not as weird as randomly finding out that my other favorite was the core of an entire drat franchise. Weird feeling to think your special toy is completely unique, then finding an entire shelf of 'em.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

Jokes at the expense of marginalized communities will not be present in future games published by 3D Realms. However,

lol

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
whoo wanta sum wang

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Three Houses is definitely too easy right now... After 40 hours of Normal, restarted on Hard a couple of weeks ago, and am still finding combat pretty unchallenging, all my dudes still one-shot enemies most of the time. I'm not even using combat arts anymore.

When does the Super Hard mode come out?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

MMF Freeway posted:

Congrats on your good decision

it's like a digital ren faire with monsters in it

I love it so far

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

exquisite tea posted:

I guess over the weekend some people at Voidpoint crunched the numbers and found out that being a bunch of bigoted assholes wouldn't hurt their bottom line, then decided that yes, this was really about ethics in video game censorship.

Fledgling indie dev: I guess I have to be more transphobic

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Oxxidation posted:

optimism is never fine

Could you maybe stop being an unrelenting sack of negative energy for a little bit

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Could you maybe stop being an unrelenting sack of negative energy for a little bit

also the banner on my scrotal tattoo

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Monkey Fracas posted:

OK everyone I'm finally gonna do it I'm going to play The Witcher 3 it has been sitting on my PC for 3 years

I got past the tutorial section of the game with the griffin finally last night it's official

I have Hearts Of Stone and Blood And Wine installed and I'm gonna play it ALL

I keep telling myself I'll read the books and then go 1>2>3 someday. Should I should just say gently caress it and jump into 3?

VideoGames posted:

I want to play video games but the temp here in the UK is too hot for me right now and instead I am flopped on the sofa with what looks like three equally melted cats.

I've got bad news for you about the Earth...

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

I tried to play ion homophobia but i got lost immediately because the level design is absolute madness with a hundred colors on every surface to make it extra disorienting

Hell yeah build engine baby!!

101 posted:

I keep telling myself I'll read the books and then go 1>2>3 someday. Should I should just say gently caress it and jump into 3?

I've got bad news for you about the Earth...

Just do 2 and 3. You really don't need to play 1. Or you can play 1, just install the mod that skips the swamp.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If you still want the swamp experience install the mod and then go into your closet and walk in a circle in the dark for two hours

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

At least print out the collectible sex cards if you’re going to skip 1.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jay Rust posted:

At least print out the collectible sex cards if you’re going to skip 1.

tell your friend you're gonna play physical gwent with them next board game night and then hand him a deck of those

101 posted:

I liked 2 a great deal but it's not... essential. And 3 is a very, very long game, including the expansions which are massive additions to the game. I wouldn't want you to get burned out before reaching the very best of the series. And 1 has a lot of jank you might struggle to get past in 2019.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I played Tacoma over the weekend and that's a pretty good game. You may have got it free through Twitch at some point. You're investigating a space station to retrieve some data from its systems but also trying to find out what happened to the people who lived and worked there. The game uses audio logs to convey the story but they're acted out in a 3d space and you can follow different people around to hear different conversations within an individual audio sequence. It only takes a few hours to play through and the story is pretty interesting. I recommend it.

I've started up Mad Max on PS4 and I can't tell if this one is going to be worth the time or not. I love the look of it and the progression of building a crazy beefed up car to smash around but I get the impression that I'm hours and hours away from the part where the car is badass and Max is upgraded and the game is actually fun to play. Zooming out on the huge map and imagining all of the little icons everywhere just makes me want to put the game down before I even start.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jolo posted:

I played Tacoma over the weekend and that's a pretty good game. You may have got it free through Twitch at some point. You're investigating a space station to retrieve some data from its systems but also trying to find out what happened to the people who lived and worked there. The game uses audio logs to convey the story but they're acted out in a 3d space and you can follow different people around to hear different conversations within an individual audio sequence. It only takes a few hours to play through and the story is pretty interesting. I recommend it.

I've started up Mad Max on PS4 and I can't tell if this one is going to be worth the time or not. I love the look of it and the progression of building a crazy beefed up car to smash around but I get the impression that I'm hours and hours away from the part where the car is badass and Max is upgraded and the game is actually fun to play. Zooming out on the huge map and imagining all of the little icons everywhere just makes me want to put the game down before I even start.

mad max has incredible sound design and dismal everything else

the stuff you're doing in the first 2 hours is exactly what you will be doing for the next 20

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Witcher 2 is pretty good but one of the paths in the game is essentially non existent in an import to Witcher 3 if that matters to you.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

101 posted:

Read the books, read a tl;dr of 1, then play 2 and 3 IMO.

The core of 3's story is a direct follow-on to the books and it spends a lot of time paying off various storylines from the books. 1 is a good game, but hasn't aged very well, and most of the world-changing political stuff that sets up 3 happens in 2.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You ain’t wrong to think that. The game does get grindy and does lock off story until you get certain upgrades etc. I just tend to play it if I feel like driving in the desert. (Mad Max)

the combat is a little off, not sure why they added that considering Max is more known as scavenger than a fighter. Least the shotgun tends to one shot enemies.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Aug 26, 2019

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
If you like the first few hours of Mad Max it stays entertaining for at least another 8-10.

I never played Witcher 1 or 2 or read the books and 3 made plenty of sense, they could've dropped the number off of it tbh

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Life is tough. Times are rough. Lots of complicated emotions, thoughts, and stuff

Have a good day, all of you. I hope every single one of you who reads this, regardless of when you read it, is able to have a good day without it being at the expense of another person's potential good day. Take care everyone. I believe in you.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mad Max is a huge pain the rear end of getting out of your car and doing a lot of repetitive batman combat in order to go back and drive in your car some more. Also the forced sidekick just sucks, honestly. They should have scrapped the both of them and let you be Furiosa instead.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Oxxidation posted:

mad max has incredible sound design

love the engine revving noises that happen when you go into Fury RoadMode in combat

but yeah it's a arkham-batman-combat open world game with one big gimmick and that's The Car

that's it unless you love the setting which did indeed grab me for a bit

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Apparently I deleted Witcher 3 while I was half sleep.

Maybe my other self knows something I don't

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

VideoGames posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who just can't abide heat at all. I'm an absolute baby when it comes to any sort of heat or humidity and it just craters any productivity or positivity I have going.

I'm having the exact opposite experience here right now though! It was in the 70s (20c or so) over the weekend and will be nice for the foreseeable future. It put me in the right mood to play Red Dead 2 last night and have been really looking forward to getting home after work today so I can play more. For some reason when it came out last year I just bounced off after a couple hours and wasn't really into it. I'm glad the urge is back though, it's so well crafted at every turn and such a well realized world to just be in a for a few hours.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

August’s GotM is... Dante’s Inferno??

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

No Man's Sky VR

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jay Rust posted:

Sad to hear that every other videogame exploded and died

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

looks like, huh that's weird, it says august gotm is "dragon quest builders 2 because i didn't start playing it until august"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Life is tough. Times are rough. Lots of complicated emotions, thoughts, and stuff

Have a good day, all of you. I hope every single one of you who reads this, regardless of when you read it, is able to have a good day without it being at the expense of another person's potential good day. Take care everyone. I believe in you.

thanks dude, right back at you!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

haveblue posted:

No Man's Sky VR

Oh my god yes it is. Discovering you could build rooms/facilities on the inside of your capital ship in 3D in VR was such a "what the gently caress this is videogames now?" moment.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

looks like, huh that's weird, it says august gotm is "dragon quest builders 2 because i didn't start playing it until august"

it's so good but i gotta give it to fire emblem

tho this game's goofy bunch of muscle boys is way less charming than dqb1's, which is a rather serious offense

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I'm excited about the game where I'm a dog that can draw more dogs.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1166092738024103936

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
My GOTM goes to Wandersong but I'm still trying to see if I can finish Original Sin 2 after...6 months.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Did you know this game was on PSP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

my buddy Superfly posted:

I'm excited about the game where I'm a dog that can draw more dogs.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1166092738024103936

chicory looks so good, it's my first kickstarter in years