Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

who are my parents

I’m nobody

I like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Right, but that could just as easily describe an attack robot or a rathtar or something. What is her dialogue?

It’s more that she is violent and loving crazy unhinged but that doesn’t impact her personal relations at all.
She’s the type of person to beat their significant other to a pulp because they went out on town too long with their friends and forgot to do the dishes.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

She's a wildly powerful, basically amoral being, deemed noble or righteous more due to fiat of the universe than having any positive character traits. I guess the closest point of comparison is a greek god really

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Gonz posted:

At last, the Singularity Engine shall be realized.

It’s beauty will be haunting!

ARE YOU PROUD OF ME FATHER?!?!

If nothing else, more Star War = more Auralnauts recuts, which justifies their existence.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

*manchester accent* … turns out… little sith fella

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I can't wait for Rey and Kylo to make their way to the wreckage of the Death Star, pull open a sealed bulkhead, and have Palpatine leap out only to scream, "Ahh! After 10,000 days I'm free! Time to conquer the Earth galaxy!"

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Bogus Adventure posted:

I can't wait for Rey and Kylo to make their way to the wreckage of the Death Star, pull open a sealed bulkhead, and have Palpatine leap out only to scream, "Ahh! After 10,000 days I'm free! Time to conquer the Earth galaxy!"

If we got loving Star Wars Zords, and or Macross/Robotech stuff I'd poo poo my pants with glee.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Wild Horses posted:

It’s more that she is violent and loving crazy unhinged but that doesn’t impact her personal relations at all.
She’s the type of person to beat their significant other to a pulp because they went out on town too long with their friends and forgot to do the dishes.

The gently caress kinda character reading is this?

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

just beating on finn and murdering people from the get go.. got a history of violence and the Power to back it up.
rey is demented

edit: just rewatched her "fight" with luke in tlj: she jumps him from behind after he interrupts their little video chat.
starts attacking an old man and when it doesn't work? pulls a lightsaber on him.
beating people and escalating situations is what she does

Wild Horses fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 27, 2019

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

YaketySass posted:

Evil C-3PO is what happens when you recharge him after midnight.

How can he be a combative rear end in a top hat?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
lolling so hard that the super secret sith fleet is just some star destroyers in red trim

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

No Mods No Masters posted:

She's a wildly powerful, basically amoral being, deemed noble or righteous more due to fiat of the universe than having any positive character traits. I guess the closest point of comparison is a greek god really

Ok this makes sense! I was trying to find a normal person which was the wrong direction to look. She's more like Anakin than Luke.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

lolling so hard that the super secret sith fleet is just some star destroyers in red trim

It's pretty smart, when you think about it. Thanks to Rogue One they only had to model maybe one or two new ships.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Ok this makes sense! I was trying to find a normal person which was the wrong direction to look. She's more like Anakin than Luke.

Anakin... or anakim?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Captain Splendid posted:

It's pretty smart, when you think about it. Thanks to Rogue One they only had to model maybe one or two new ships.

Using the Rogue One / Solo Star Destroyer models (with the large X on the bridge tower) also means that they're specifically the outdated ANH style Star Destroyers, which were totally replaced in the later movies. It's like if they made the next Fast & Furious movie about stealing a bunch of DVD players again.

Robot Style fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 27, 2019

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Robot Style posted:

Using the Rogue One / Solo Star Destroyer models (with the large X on the bridge tower) also means that they're specifically the outdated ANH style Star Destroyers, which were totally replaced in the later movies. It's like if they made the next Fast & Furious movie about stealing a bunch of DVD players again.

We've also had fans asking questions like "What do the new Y-wings the Resistance are using look like?" and such.

And now we have the answer: just regular Y-wings

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Robot Style posted:

It's also basically the plot of Dark Force Rising where Thrawn is after a fleet of modified, recoloured Dreadnaughts.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

It's pretty funny that they've just given up on any kind of new designs and brought in the old school destroyers and the A/B/X/Y wings and I guess the tantive

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://twitter.com/sleemo_/status/1165746835652321280
Leaks are wrong, Sheev is gonna possess Threepio. The clip of him with the red eyes is when he turns.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Bogus Adventure posted:

:agreed:

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Having to dig up The Emperor because they forgot to give these movies a villain is pretty funny.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

teagone posted:

Leaks are wrong, Sheev is gonna possess Threepio. The clip of him with the red eyes is when he turns.

What were the leaks wrong about?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

teagone posted:

https://twitter.com/sleemo_/status/1165746835652321280

its a bit late for characterization

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
At least BWings easily beat the poo poo out of those stupid slow moving bombers from TLJ. So I'm happy to see them.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Those bombers were awesome, most new ships have been pretty awesome honestly.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I hope they put the Triple Zero personality in Threepio.

Do it, cowards.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sigher posted:

It was probably one of the few practical effects in the movie so compared to the rest of the package, yeah I guess it's not bad.

We’ve gone full circle hahahah.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

porfiria posted:

Having to dig up The Emperor because they forgot to give these movies a villain is pretty funny.

They gave the movies one, then unceremoniously killed him off halfway through.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gonz posted:

I hope they put the Triple Zero personality in Threepio.

Do it, cowards.

Hell yeah buddy Triple Zero rules.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

BigglesSWE posted:

Those bombers were awesome, most new ships have been pretty awesome honestly.

So awesome that the suffered 100% casualties ona bombing run where the enemy AA was effectively destroyed and they had plenty of fighter cover.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

So whats the verdict on dramatic tension being ruined because of the hyperspace jihad strike?

I myself don’t know why I should care about the empire having a big fleet when massed asteroids with jump drives could decimate every single ship the empire has, at a fraction of the cost

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

kidkissinger posted:

So awesome that the suffered 100% casualties ona bombing run where the enemy AA was effectively destroyed and they had plenty of fighter cover.

I thought we were talking visual quality. The bombers may be sitting ducks, but they are some sexy rear end targets!

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Wild Horses posted:

So whats the verdict on dramatic tension being ruined because of the hyperspace jihad strike?

I myself don’t know why I should care about the empire having a big fleet when massed asteroids with jump drives could decimate every single ship the empire has, at a fraction of the cost

Yeah but the resistance won't ever do that because :decorum:

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hell yeah buddy Triple Zero rules.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Red-eyed 3PO is just a knock-off of the 3PX, a protocol-turned-assassin droid series, lol

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

Red-eyed 3PO is just a knock-off of the 3PX, a protocol-turned-assassin droid series, lol

Why does he have a bandaid on his head? :psyduck:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Darth TNT posted:

He’s a big Nelly fan

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Darth TNT posted:

so that he doesn't get such a bad case of dust contamination he can barely move. duh.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Bogus Adventure posted:

So bizarre. Protocol droids are not shown to be nimble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Ingmar terdman posted:

It's pretty funny that they've just given up on any kind of new designs and brought in the old school destroyers and the A/B/X/Y wings and I guess the tantive
The X-Wings and A-Wings are noticeably upgraded models. I’m interested to see if they’ve done that to the Bs, Ys, and Corvette. Plus there’s whatever that ship is on the right side of the screen.

Darth TNT posted:

At least BWings easily beat the poo poo out of those stupid slow moving bombers from TLJ. So I'm happy to see them.
Even though the B-wing was nominally classified as a bomber, the only Rebel ships actually shown bombing things were Y-wings in Rogue One.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 27, 2019