Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Pinecone Sample posted:

[30/f] My husband [33/m] husband wants to live on a boat. He knew I how I felt about boats before he married me.

This is why we should stop referring to ships as "she" and "her" because he clearly wants to gently caress a boat

The free market has decided that the libertarian was not deserving of a free hug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for exploding on my parents, smashing my phone and leaving because they watched me through hidden camera.

quote:

My(17M) parents were always pretty invasive. I have tracker on my phone so they always know were I am, I don’t have a door in my room, they check my texts usually, stuff like that.

They went to my aunt’s house few days ago. They said they’d be home late. my “friend”(boyfriend). They knew that he was there. We were in living room for few hours, playing video games. Then we started kissing, after like 5 minutes my mom starts calling me. I pick up, she asked me what I was doing In panicked voice. I knew something was wrong. She said her and dad would be home soon. I made my boyfriend leave because I had a feeling that poo poo was about to go down.

They get home, my dad starts yelling on top of his lungs immediately, asking me what I think I’m doing. After yelling nonsense for 20 minutes he mentioned the hidden camera. I was so upset about that. I threw my phone away, told them to shove their tracking devices and hidden cameras up their asses and left.

My mom called me few times, she said that they’ll forgive me if I come back soon, apologize and also don’t contact my boyfriend again. She also said that I betrayed their trust, disappointed them, I was extremely disrespectful, etc.

:stare:

Don't go back, kid

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

DemoneeHo posted:

This is why we should stop referring to ships as "she" and "her" because he clearly wants to gently caress a boat

The free market has decided that the libertarian was not deserving of a free hug

quote:

We have a prenup. So whatever he wants, he buys with his money. Whatever I want is bought with my money. Nothing we own is communal property. It's legally his, or mine. We will buy things for each other or give each other money. But legally, his stuff is his. My stuff is mine. Nothing is ours. So that's why the his boat/my land was the most rational compromise.

I can't have children, and we don't want children. Honestly, we are such loners that we would have separate houses. He said if we had the money he would by half a duplex, and I could buy the other. We want to live remotely, remember. We are minimalist when it comes to socializing. We only do it because you go insane if you don't. Since we are the same breed of loner, it makes since to build a partnership. We get the benefits of not living alone, but understand we are only socializing because we have to. We don't do normal couple stuff I suppose. We talk about what situations we need to prepare for if we moved out to Alaska, we don't do dinner an dancing. We have no friends. Just two antisocial peas in a weird little pod.

quote:

He wants to take this house boat around the Pacific ocean. He doesn't want it docked all the time. He literally wants a barge with a prefab house on it. Like a poor man's yacht.

He said the act of owning land is what is avoiding. So fine, I own the land, and he can own the boat. He refuses to accept I'm not living on a boat with him. He keeps trying to change my mind about the boat, and how it will feel like a real house. Yeah, I don't care how nice it is or isn't. It's not land.

I keep trying find areas that are in our price range, and have access for his boat. He just complains about cost of building. Because a boat is cheaper than a cabin? gently caress I'm even looking at areas in Alaska because he said he wanted to move back home last year. I'm a Texan willing to live in Alaska, but I'm not living on a boat.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Pinecone Sample posted:

[30/f] My husband [33/m] husband wants to live on a boat. He knew I how I felt about boats before he married me.

I want to know how often "you KNEW how I felt about boats before you married me, TODD!" has been yelled in this household

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Kinda concerning that an adult under 75 never learned to swim. Like the old lady I take care of can't swim, but she grew up in an era and a place where they didn't teach girls that stuff.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Oppositional disorder kicked in hard when someone told him no man is an island.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA for cutting a close friend off for choosing work over my wedding?

This is something I've been thinking about for months now and I need some help. I apologize for how messy all of this is.

I have a friend who I've been close with since junior year of high school. He is a musician and a member in a pretty mainstream band and is currently touring. While I've (obviously) seen him less and less over the years due to his success, we do still talk on an occasion and I see him when he's in town. I am honestly nothing but happy for him and I want nothing but the best for him. But I'd also like for him to be a good friend and I feel like that's the exact opposite of what he's doing.

I'm getting married in October. I asked my friend shortly after I proposed if he would be one of my groomsmen, and he agreed. Official invitations went out early last month, but my wedding date has been publicly known for over a year and a half due to its significance. He knows and has known the day I'm getting married since then.

In mid-May he told me he didn't know if he would be able to be in my wedding because of touring. I was pretty upset then but he said he would try to figure something out. I won't pretend to know how far in advance he would've found this out, but he told me before the tour was officially announced so in my mind I had at least a little hope that he would still be able to be in the wedding. We texted back and forth a few times after that in the weeks following but never about my wedding, and he fell off a bit due to work.

Then last month the tour was officially announced and my wedding date is one of tour dates. I was LIVID and called him and left a message asking him to call me as soon as he could. He called like two days later and when I confronted him he told me that there was nothing he could do and that this was a sacrifice for both of us. I pushed him more and he got extremely short and lovely with me and said that he "didn't have time or energy to deal with this right now" and hung up.

To be honest I'm mostly upset that he didn't tell ME before the tour was officially announced that he absolutely 100% would not be able to make it. I texted him a couple weeks ago and asked him one more time if there was ANY way he could still make it and he replied that he was sorry, but no, it just wasn't possible. I haven't spoken to him since.

I understand how busy and stressful his life must be, and I also understand that sacrifices sometimes need to be made, but this just has me feeling really lovely about myself and our friendship. I feel like I matter way less to him than he does to me. I was at his wedding and pretty much nothing would have prevented me from attending it, and especially not work. I don't want to lose his friendship but I also don't want this to be the first of many times he lets me down.

So, WIBTA for cutting off ties with him completely over this?

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

quote:

He wants to take this house boat around the Pacific ocean
Welcome to becoming some toothpicks and stinky pinkish paste in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, population OP's idiot husband.

If we get any more of these, "my idiot partner wants to live on a boat" may quickly overtake "my idiot partner wants to buy a farm" as my favorite r/relationships idiot subgenre.

e:

quote:

Yeah, and more of one because you're clearly just pissed you don't get to flaunt a B- tier celebrity bassist at your wedding.

spite house fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 27, 2019

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for Wedding Conversation Gone Wrong?

Somehow my gf (23F) and I (28M) got to talking about marriage and wedding rings. We've been together almost three years. I mentioned how a co-worker's husband spent 6k on an engagement ring and I was like "yeah, I want to go under that." My gf looked up the average price of a ring and said it was about 6k and I believe my words were "yeah, you're not getting that," which I admit probably stung but wasn't what I meant.

Then, to compound all this, we got to talking about weddings and I talked about how much money they are and how I didn't want to blow through all my savings just for one day. Then she said "You know girls plan this stuff since they're, like, 8, right?" and I said "Yeah" and then she went quiet.

She cried off and on all day yesterday and it completely ruined both of our days. At night she said some very scary things and it seemed way too overboard for what had happened.

Reddit, I just think the whole marriage culture is a money pit. I'm fine with a solid ring and a nice, decent wedding, but I did not at all expect this reaction from her. I would have been fine with a rational conversation, but I didn't get that. I'm probably an rear end in a top hat for the way I phrased my overall message, but I'm asking more generically -- am I the rear end in a top hat in this situation?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So, WIBTA for cutting off ties with him completely over this?

Nah, you'd be doing him a favour.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Scathach posted:

Kinda concerning that an adult under 75 never learned to swim. Like the old lady I take care of can't swim, but she grew up in an era and a place where they didn't teach girls that stuff.

I've known younger people who can't swim, and I'm not sure it's all that weird, but you'd think "I don't know how to swim, fish, or operate a boat" would be a major mark against this dude's Pacific houseboat dreams. I think boating is up there with food-service business ownership in the "things idiots latch onto with no knowledge and assume can't be that hard" list.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

dudeness posted:

Oppositional disorder kicked in hard when someone told him no man is an lonely island.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My girlfriend of 6 months has had a bench warrant for over a year. She can't get a job bc of it but might get 6 months in jail if she goes in.

quote:

I was aware of her bench warrant before we started dating but never assumed it was too serious based on how she casually she talked about it. Her crime was a misdemeanor for possession of alcohol as a minor. We were gonna go to the courthouse tomorrow morning and get it all taken care of and we just assumed it would get dismissed since the cop likely wouldn't show.

She was doing some research tonight however and discovered she could face up to 6 months in jail and a 1000 dollar fine. I'm honestly pretty frustrated she never did this research before.

She was gonna go when she got the court date but she was in Albuquerque when she got the court date for the Las Cruces Magistrate which she couldn't get to without a car. She tried to reschedule but they said it had to be a week in advance. Ultimately, she missed the date. I'm aware she should have tried to reschedule again within 14 days I think to avoid this situation but she didn't.

Is there any possible way to at least remove the possibility of jail time? She just wants it gone so she can start working again and re enroll at school. A fine or community service or both are all things we can handle but jail time is a terrifyingly existential thought for both her and me.

Please help.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

It's not the land that'll keep you down, it's the gravity

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Always hilarious when pedophiles self-identify and get ostracized for it

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

DemoneeHo posted:

When the rational consumer chooses to maximize satisfaction

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

(2OM) - Where can I meet young (and ideally desperate) girls looking for relationships?

quote:

>I have moved home for summer and am really bored, I am currently applying for jobs, hitting the gym and doing revsion. I am speaking to my friends when gaming online but thats it for my social life and want to get a girlfriend.

An update on this, as I don't think tinder is for me. Any ideas on where can I meet young (and ideally desperate) girls looking for relationships?

Thank you

AITA for giving myself abs on photoshop to get more dates on tinder?

quote:

I am going to the gym but dont have the results yet, i am lean but no abs, so want to pay someone online $5 to phtoshop me abs. I will use the pic to get more dates on tinder. I feel like the system is unfair on tinder as girls get more macthes, and also they can use makup. Thanks. If it helps I am rich and do charity work (because I enjoy it, not to brag) , but still girls dont swipe on me.

AITA for giving myself abs on photoshop to get more dates on tinder, BUT declaring it?

quote:

An update on my last post

I have found a pro photoshopper guy who will give me good looking abs for $20, and am going to hire a dating coach to help me learn to improve my tinder talking skills. I am also going to get some more gym time to work on making real abs.

If I declare in my bio that my abs are on me at the moment, without saying I faked them, is it bad? My friends with abs told me that they come and go depending on what they eat, so I will also say the same.

I feel like I can justify this, as I need a pic which will grab the attention of girls, and I am being partially honest.

Definitely need updates, bro

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling a guy in my JiuJitsu class it was ok if he touched my boobs?

I am not a great writer so please forgive me if I make mistakes with grammar and all that.

Basically I have been doing JiuJitsu for 2 years now. I'm a blue belt and may even make purple belt super early if I do well in tournaments over this next year and keep practicing five days a week. I love it and finally feel like I've found "my" thing. One of the classes I go to I'm sort of like an unofficial instructor assistant because it's almost always new white belts in that class.

About 3 weeks ago I went out on some dates with a guy that I sort of hit it off with. He's very busy and since I train so much we haven't gotten to see much of each other but I really thought he was cool. He asked if he could come watch me at JJ and I said he could probably do a free intro class if he wanted. This was on Saturday.

So it was all new people and dating-guy wasn't really into it which is fine and there was one other guy with about 6 girls and women. However my instructor was trying to teach an technique where you transition from mount into an arm bar. Basically what you have to do is press really hard with both hands into a persons chest which allows you to swing your body to the side while grabbing their arm to put between your legs.

The other guy was working really hard but just not getting it so I was watching him and what was obvious is he was afraid of "copping a feel" during the chest press and if guys were in the class he'd be having no problems. I told him to come try the technique with me and after a few times it was obvious that's why he wasn't smooth into the arm bar. I told him "it's ok if you touch my boobs, I want you to learn the technique." So he started being a little bit more open to the chest press (and he didn't really touch me beyond normal rolling and sparring) and he did a good white belt version of the arm bar.

But this really pissed off the guy I am dating. He said that it was disrespectful to me but it was also disrespectful to all women to allow "hicks" like that guy free reign to my body. I told him that wasn't even close to what was happening. He said I just don't get it because he's been a progressive all his life and I'm just trying to play "catch up" to the boys. I asked him what the hell that had to do with anything. He said hopefully when I graduate college I'll understand as much as he does. I told him I didn't appreciate him talking down to me, he told me not to be so disrespectful to myself and other women.

I told him to just take me home and I haven't seen or heard from him and don't know if I will but the scene was so weird it just keeps playing through my mind over and over again.

Was I the rear end in a top hat?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Guess today is the day for this class of stories

Leaving because I can't wait any longer?

quote:

Hey reddit! This is my first post so please forgive me for any formatting errors!

I (24F) have been with my boyfriend (24M) for almost 4 years. We previously dated in high school for a year before we broke up upon graduation and eventually got back together.

So for some backstory, I have always been a go-getter type and worked since I was in high school. I graduated high school and college early and am very into working hard and accomplishing goals. My boyfriend on the other hand started working on his life pretty late and got his high school diploma at 21 when we started dating again. Before that he was playing video games, partying, doing drugs, and not holding down jobs. Once he got his diploma I started helping him to find a college he could get an associate's from, I helped him find a part time job, he moved in with me, and I was 100% down to help him with whatever he needed. I wanted to be the supportive girlfriend and I knew he was getting a late start, but I saw lots of potential in him.

Over time I felt like he started taking advantage of me and the fact that I was 100% supporting/bankrolling his entire life. Although he had quit his partying lifestyle he would just sit at home playing games and wasn't really trying hard to find a full time job even though he now had a degree. We got into fights about it for a long while and I started slowly losing respect for him mid-2018. I no longer saw this guy with lots of potential, I saw some lazy slob who was mooching off of me.

This January he said he was going to change. So he found his own place, found a part time job, and told me he was going to join the navy. I was ecstatic because I though he finally understood he needed to do something in order for our lives to progress. He started promising me marriage and kids and a house together. However, over the next few months he slowly starting making excuses. "I have to get this paperwork done and it'll take 4 weeks", "I want to see my sister graduate high school before I go" kinda stuff. Next I know its July and he changed his mind. The newfound respect I had for him went back to square one.

Since then he still hasn't found full-time work, he spends money left and right on things he doesn't need (like aquariums, video game consoles, weed/vapes) while complaining that he has no money to take me out, doesn't make time for me even though he only works part time, and causes massive arguments every time I try to bring any issues up. I feel like he's becoming more immature and childish by the day. He's not even motivated by sex.

I see all my friends and family getting into happy relationships, getting married, having kids, etc. And I just don't feel like my boyfriend is ever going to get around to making something of himself and committing to our relationship. He promises over and over and over again and then the promises become "next year I'll propose", "oh in 2 years I'll propose". I'm having serious doubts that any of this is going to happen and I feel like I'm wasting my years and my time on someone who will never get serious about himself or our life together.

I've been trying to be patient and understanding this entire year, but these doubts have been swirling in my mind for a few months. And all of this came to a head this past weekend when my younger sibling got married. Everyone there was telling me "Oh I'm surprised xyz got married before you!" "Isn't it embarrassing for you?". And truth be told it made me angry. Watching my sibling walk down the aisle being so happy, I WANT that so badly. I want to love and be loved, I want to build a future with someone. And I feel that if I stay I can never have that.

I love my boyfriend dearly, he was my first everything, but I don't know if he will ever commit and be serious. Am I completely in the wrong here? Am I being too impatient? I'm not sure.

Tl;dr: I don't know if I should break up with my boyfriend of 4 years because he's lazy and won't commit to anything.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA for pulling the "my house, my rules"-card for my friend's birthday party?

My friend (20F; Eve) and I (24M) are insanely good friends. She's my girlfriend's (22F; Jean) sister and I've known them for over ten years. We're real BFF's and we consider each other something that exceeds family. One more important part to the story is that Eve is very, very gay. She has also outed herself a few years ago, so everyone knows she's into girls.

The months before her 19th birthday she kept talking about this vibrator she really wanted. She kept talking to me and Jean about how she really wanted it but was to chicken to buy it herself. So a week before her 19th birthday, I asked Jean if Eve already bought it (she didn’t) and if she was okay with me buying it for her. She was game, but we end up giving it as a couple so it wouldn’t be too weird. When we arrived at her party we told her the biggest box was a very personal gift and the other was a decoy she could open in front of her friends. She got the hint, didn’t care and she opened the box with the vibrator and we all had a good laugh. She thanked us, but Jean said it was my idea so she should thank me.

One of Eve’s friend brought her boyfriend (25M; Dave). We’ve known him for a few years and he always made weird comments about Eve being gay. Stuff like “how do you know you don’t like men if you never tried?”. When Eve opened our present, Dave said “I’d offer you the real thing, but y’know” while pointing at his girlfriend.

The next year, Dave and his girlfriend had separated. Eve still wanted to invite both of them since they had always been there. She asked her friend, she was okay with it, so Dave was at her 20th birthday party. I’d like to remind you that Eve and Dave weren’t friends. He was an ex-boyfriend from her friend’s and he just always came along. I tell you this because Dave’s present for Eve’s 20th birthday was a dildo. A penis-shaped, flesh-coloured, 7 inch dildo, complete with veins and balls. When Eve opened to gift, the air was sucked out of the room. Everyone was silent, until Dave said “’s not as big as mine, but I’ll get the job done too”. Eve laughed awkwardly, thanked him and moved on to the next gift. The rest of the evening was pretty nice, though Dave made it awkward at times.

This year Eve can’t host the party at theirs. I told her she is more than welcome to host it at my place. When discussing some of the logistics she was going over the list of people she wanted to invite. Dave was one of them. I asked her why she’d invite him after what happened last year, but Eve is too nice for her own good. She’s rather sit through a few awkward moments than to think Dave is mad at her for not inviting him. I’ve been trying to convince her not to invite him since it’s always been awkward when he’s around. He keeps on suggesting he and Eve should have sex to show her “what a real man can do” and just makes it awkward in general.

I don’t want to be a dick, but I don’t want him around. WIBTA if I told her that I don’t want him in my apartment so she can’t invite him?

Edit: some missing words

Edit 2: just to make clear: Eve and Dave aren't "real" friends. He is the ex-boyfriend of one of her friends and she invited him the first few time out of politeness. Other boyfriends were also more than welcome to come over.

Edit 3: when I say she had a "list" of people she wanted to invite, that was a bit of a stretch, considering the list was made up of six people, myself included.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Houseboat couple should have done online dating because match group identifies the houseboat question as one of the top three predictive indicators if a marriage will work and thus could have avoided this debacle and instead killed houseboat husband and his alternate universe equally stupid houseboat wife.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 27, 2019

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Houseboat couple should have done online dating because match group identifies the houseboat question as one of the top three predictive indicators if a marriage will work and thus could have avoided this debacle and instead killed houseboat husband and his alternate universe equally stupid houseboat wife.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic but I'd believe it's true

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Scathach posted:

Wait, are you being serious? I've never not had to prepay anywhere. I've lived all over Arizona and Washington, big cities and tiny towns. You either being cash in and go get your change after you fill up, or you swipe your card.

I meant I couldn't swipe at the pumps.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic but I'd believe it's true

Its true, at least according to their data. The three questions you must agree on for a lasting marriage are

1) It would be fun to live in a houseboat
2) I could have fun travelling to a foreign country by myself
3) I like horror movies

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Barudak posted:

Its true, at least according to their data. The three questions you must agree on for a lasting marriage are

1) It would be fun to live in a houseboat
2) I could have fun travelling to a foreign country by myself
3) I like horror movies

The horror movie question seems pretty inconsequential. My wife and I have very little overlapping taste in movies and it's no big deal. We just don't watch movies together often.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Leon Einstein posted:

The horror movie question seems pretty inconsequential. My wife and I have very little overlapping taste in movies and it's no big deal. We just don't watch movies together often.

I ever tell you about the time I ghosted a couple who was really into horror movies?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pinecone Sample posted:

I ever tell you about the time I ghosted a couple who was really into horror movies?

I think you did.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

I dont think they said it was flawless, just best indicators.

That said horror films are such a visceral no for me both from a content standpoint and from the personalities of the people I dated who liked them that independently of match groups findings it became a first date question because there would be no second if you said yes.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Barudak posted:

I dont think they said it was flawless, just best indicators.

That said horror films are such a visceral no for me both from a content standpoint and from the personalities of the people I dated who liked them that independently of match groups findings it became a first date question because there would be no second if you said yes.
I make a distinction between slasher Halloween type movies and gore porn like the Saw movies.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

AITA for killing a butterfly in my office that one of my co-workers believed it was her dead mother?

quote:

So. I work in a small office building and during the summer it gets very very hot inside. We have a wasp problem and insect problem in general. So last week we had HUGE butterflies coming in through the windows for literally the entire week.

Now I absolutely hate butterflies, they're fluffy, big and they fly. They've been distracting me from my work all week and on the Thursday I decided that it went on for too long and I was seriously at breaking point. The heat didn't help.

I tried killing one of them near the beginning of the week but some of my co-workers would tell me not to because "you don't kill butterflies", which I didn't question I just waved it out the window.

So I managed too instantly kill it on the wall after having enough, I swear it was the same one all week. So then my co-workers start getting on at me and apparently one of them thought it was their dead mother and the rest of them believe that butterflies are dead people, that's why they said I shouldn't kill them.

People can have their beliefs all they want but to me it's completely rediculous. I didn't know this was a thing.

AITA here?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Scathach posted:

Whether you learned to swim growing up is pretty well correlated with how much your parents earned.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for killing a butterfly in my office that one of my co-workers believed it was her dead mother?

How the gently caress can you hate butterflies??

Like.... that has to make you a sociopath on some test right??

YTA just for that.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

if this dumb motherfucker thinks a boat is cheaper than a house he should be thrown in the ocean where he belongs

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

To the surprise of no one, most rent seekers and property managers are human garbage.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i hope these forums charge the posters for hosting their words.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i hope these forums charge the posters for hosting their words.

no way. who would pay to post on a message board?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Barudak posted:

Libertarians are people so racist they would accept being a slave if it meant a minority died.

Now, now, don't be so hasty in judgement.

Some are just paedophiles.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling a guy in my JiuJitsu class it was ok if he touched my boobs?

I am not a great writer so please forgive me if I make mistakes with grammar and all that.

Basically I have been doing JiuJitsu for 2 years now. I'm a blue belt and may even make purple belt super early if I do well in tournaments over this next year and keep practicing five days a week. I love it and finally feel like I've found "my" thing. One of the classes I go to I'm sort of like an unofficial instructor assistant because it's almost always new white belts in that class.

About 3 weeks ago I went out on some dates with a guy that I sort of hit it off with. He's very busy and since I train so much we haven't gotten to see much of each other but I really thought he was cool. He asked if he could come watch me at JJ and I said he could probably do a free intro class if he wanted. This was on Saturday.

So it was all new people and dating-guy wasn't really into it which is fine and there was one other guy with about 6 girls and women. However my instructor was trying to teach an technique where you transition from mount into an arm bar. Basically what you have to do is press really hard with both hands into a persons chest which allows you to swing your body to the side while grabbing their arm to put between your legs.

The other guy was working really hard but just not getting it so I was watching him and what was obvious is he was afraid of "copping a feel" during the chest press and if guys were in the class he'd be having no problems. I told him to come try the technique with me and after a few times it was obvious that's why he wasn't smooth into the arm bar. I told him "it's ok if you touch my boobs, I want you to learn the technique." So he started being a little bit more open to the chest press (and he didn't really touch me beyond normal rolling and sparring) and he did a good white belt version of the arm bar.

But this really pissed off the guy I am dating. He said that it was disrespectful to me but it was also disrespectful to all women to allow "hicks" like that guy free reign to my body. I told him that wasn't even close to what was happening. He said I just don't get it because he's been a progressive all his life and I'm just trying to play "catch up" to the boys. I asked him what the hell that had to do with anything. He said hopefully when I graduate college I'll understand as much as he does. I told him I didn't appreciate him talking down to me, he told me not to be so disrespectful to myself and other women.

I told him to just take me home and I haven't seen or heard from him and don't know if I will but the scene was so weird it just keeps playing through my mind over and over again.

Was I the rear end in a top hat?

Boyfriend (?) is the obvious rear end in a top hat here. lol at claiming to be a progressive while trying to dictate to a woman what she's allowed to do in a JJ class, sounds like a one of those fauxgressive berniebros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

QuarkJets posted:

berniebros

now you've done it