Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Scruffpuff posted:

Green sauce has always been my favorite appetizer. Did they provide anything to use said sauce on, or do you just tip it into your maw?

At Crobberts' insistence they refactored it into blue sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Scruffpuff posted:

Green sauce has always been my favorite appetizer. Did they provide anything to use said sauce on, or do you just tip it into your maw?

I would assume the starters come with some sorta bread, likely toasted. Cheese, tomato, bread and green sauce would be the appetizer I would assume.

Also I assume that the meal is not the main cost of the $275 dollar entrance fee. No the majority of that fee is to see Chris Roberts. After all, who but those who have paid this have actually seen the man in the last six months?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Grilled cheese sandwich?

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ouch. these dishes you would typically eat at the kiosk in a public swimming pool.
or at your workplace's cafeteria.

BumbleOne fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 27, 2019

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bumble He posted:

ouch. these dishes you would typically eat at the kiosk in a public swimming pool.
or at your workplace's cafeteria.

You have to take into account these are forty-something nerds you're talking about. You cannot just drop something adventurous, like tacos with bleu cheese (and a dollop of yogurt) on top of them.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
LOL at the token vegan rice pudding with mango puree.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

trucutru posted:

You have to take into account these are forty-something nerds you're talking about. You cannot just drop something adventurous, like tacos with bleu cheese (and a dollop of yogurt) on top of them.

:five:

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quavers posted:

"Attention will be paid to the character model, animations and voice recordings coming from an actor. Thereby the character should look more real. Hideo Kojima was mentioned as a counterexample. He uses three different characters for the character model, the animations and the voice recordings."

Chris Roberts > Hideo Kojima :smuggo:

"SQ42 will have more animations than other games"

Yes, that worked SO great for The Order: 1886.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Chris Roberts - Director.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

trucutru posted:

Yeah you'd think that for that money one would get a fine-dining experience, at least a limited one, but when you remember how the backers are you know that would be a waste of money. That is the reason why they got all those developers there. If you are too busy asking questions about S42 cinematics, you don't have time evaluate the food.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Chris Robberts: <highlights CryPhysics class name> <right click> <refactor->rename> <enters StarPhysics2.0> <receives error message> <enters StarPhysicsTwoPointZero> <okay> <okay>

<gives himself a 10% raise> <goes home>

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

To all the SC fans reading this thread, nothing makes me more mad than when Citizens buy the Nautilus, it just makes me so mad I could curse! Please don't buy a JPG of spaceship for 800 real life american dollars because I just wouldn't be able to handle it.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

tuo posted:

Chris Robberts: <highlights CryPhysics class name> <right click> <refactor->rename> <enters StarPhysics2.0> <receives error message> <enters StarPhysicsTwoPointZero> <okay> <okay>

<gives himself a 10% raise> <goes home>

Stand back boys I will refactor the physics!

code:

#include <stdio.h>

int main () {

/*magic numbers for nostalgia*/
   int currentYear = 2019;

int a = 1;

LOOP:do {

if( a >= currentYear ) {
         /* skip the iteration */
         a = a + 1;
         goto LOOP;
      }

printf("Star Citizen is released!");
      a++;

}while( a <= currentYear );
 	/*Always return zero*/
   return 0;
}

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Baxta posted:

Stand back boys I will refactor the physics!

code:

#include <stdio.h>

int main () {

/*magic numbers for nostalgia*/
   int currentYear = 2019;

int a = 1;

LOOP:do {

if( a >= currentYear ) {
         /* skip the iteration */
         a = a + 1;
         goto LOOP;
      }

printf("Star Citizen is released!");
      a++;

}while( a <= currentYear );
 	/*Always return zero*/
   return 0;
}

I hate you and everything you stand for.

This may seem like an overreaction to such a short code snippet, but I feel fully justified in feeling this way.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I don't want to be a negative nelly here and suggest they have no thought of something here but.. So they get SSOCS working so the server is only looking after the assets that players are near. Cool, no one is on Daymar so who care about Daymar. Now release the game and you have 2 million players they all want a piece of the action. Now every location in Star Citizen has players in it, it's like SSOCS streaming didn't exist.

It feels like they're putting a lot of effort in to solving the wrong problem.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Yes, that worked SO great for The Order: 1886.

But certainly it worked better for Ryse: Son of Rome. Eh? Eh?

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

:airquote:Family Style:airquote: and a bench I am loving gone holy moly.

there is always more, and it's always worse.

:vince:

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AbstractNapper posted:

But certainly it worked better for Ryse: Son of Rome. Eh? Eh?

Hey, Ryse has solid 9/10 rating on Steam!

(Once it dropped to ~€6 price)

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

Tippis posted:

I hate you and everything you stand for.

This may seem like an overreaction to such a short code snippet, but I feel fully justified in feeling this way.

Sounds like you don't understand development. This is good and normal.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Most open game development ever.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blobby is really refreshed, isn't he? He tried to use the "independent finance auditors say SC is worth 500M" nonsense on me as well, seems like a new favourite of his.

Of course there was no such audit - CI would be happy if their total assets were worth 100 million in 2018. Refactoring a $20 asset five times doesn't make it cost $100, it's still a $20 asset.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Aramoro posted:

I don't want to be a negative nelly here and suggest they have no thought of something here but.. So they get SSOCS working so the server is only looking after the assets that players are near. Cool, no one is on Daymar so who care about Daymar. Now release the game and you have 2 million players they all want a piece of the action. Now every location in Star Citizen has players in it, it's like SSOCS streaming didn't exist.

It feels like they're putting a lot of effort in to solving the wrong problem.

Welcome to the last seven years. What you’re describing is why Eve dumped walking in stations, as the populace is not homogenous, making Jita a fairly unique problem.

We call it ‘thundering herd’ problems.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Blobby is really refreshed, isn't he? He tried to use the "independent finance auditors say SC is worth 500M" nonsense on me as well, seems like a new favourite of his.

Of course there was no such audit - CI would be happy if their total assets were worth 100 million in 2018. Refactoring a $20 asset five times doesn't make it cost $100, it's still a $20 asset.

Independent auditors? I missed that. Who ran the audit?

Edit: who remembers Arthur Anderson’s hasty rebrand?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Critical Hit

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Can i get a signed version of that Beet ‘Beet Wagon’ Wagon tweet before he gets all Hollywood?

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hav posted:

Independent auditors? I missed that. Who ran the audit?

Edit: who remembers Arthur Anderson’s hasty rebrand?

Nobody, of course, he just thinks "10 % of CIG for $46 M of investment" has to be done after such audit, when in fact it was probably just a deal between Chris and Calders in person. You also have all these articles claiming stuff like "The post-money valuation of the company is $496 million," (actual citation) where they just randomly pull numbers out of thin air.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hav posted:

Can i get a signed version of that Beet ‘Beet Wagon’ Wagon tweet before he gets all Hollywood?

Last I heard CIG is trying to recruit him.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Quavers posted:

"Attention will be paid to the character model, animations and voice recordings coming from an actor. Thereby the character should look more real. Hideo Kojima was mentioned as a counterexample. He uses three different characters for the character model, the animations and the voice recordings."

Chris Roberts > Hideo Kojima :smuggo:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

lmao

I'd be wasted too if I had to be there.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
there wasn't enough potatoes for all

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Just dawned me that potato was a name for a concept ship that uncle D called.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/have-cig-got-enough-funds-to-finish-the-pu-if-sq42

Star Citizen: If SQ42 fails CIG is done.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Is that a Fyre Festival picture with spaceship photoshopping? :lol:

"Some people had no dishes", "there wasn't enough potatoes for all", "not enough bread for the starters", "portions were really small sized".
How are these people ok with paying several hundred dollars and being treated so poorly? :psyduck:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

there wasn't enough potatoes for all

As Chris looked down from the balcony.

Chris: "What is failure, really?"

Bofast posted:

"Some people had no dishes", "there wasn't enough potatoes for all", "not enough bread for the starters", "portions were really small sized".
How are these people ok with paying several hundred dollars and being treated so poorly? :psyduck:

You kinda answered your own question.

Bofast posted:

Is that a Fyre Festival picture with spaceship photoshopping? :lol:

Yeah, it's literally a fyre festival. The concierge grouping is effectively a pre-selected group of people with loose wallets. Travelling and buying tickets to the event, then being presented with a *purchase opportunity* is literally the model for shifting high ticket price items, especially if you're dealing with people that have already shown a propensity for falling for FOMO.

The best of it was that everyone got a selfie with Crobbers and a couple of words before he had to retreat when the demo crashed, and it looks like both he and Erin had already dutch-couraged themselves up for the event.

Hav fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Aug 27, 2019

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
The dinner was a ruse.
They were actually being motion captured for the infamous cafeteria scene, hence the benches.
Chris directed the whole thing from above.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

not to keep banging on about my one funny tweet but this made me lol.

games-making is a pretty closed-off community and we've had conversations here about how it generally doesn't really pay to talk a bunch of poo poo about other developers, so I always kind of understood that the most we'd see is the honestly pretty light-hearted stuff we've seen from CCP and RGO so far (RGO went hard a couple times with the mansion poo poo but even that could be seen as kind of all in good fun). There doesn't seem to be any compunction about just absolutely making GBS threads on CR at this point though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

AbstractNapper posted:

The dinner was a ruse.
They were actually being motion captured for the infamous cafeteria scene, hence the benches.
Chris directed the whole thing from above.

This guy gets it.