Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

ElBrak posted:

but it is a very horny manga.

it's just in the first few chapters, I recall later on the horniness gets dropped very abruptly, sort of like with Soremachi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Shuumatsu no Valkyrie updated, Jack The Ripper is sporting the hokiest moustache in history.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I was not ready for Loki eating Pringles.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
I hate whatever filter this lovely translation group used on this chapter, gonna wait for the other group to finish its translation.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ethiser posted:

I was not ready for Loki eating Pringles.

For a moment I thought he had a literal double tongue.

This fight is going to be very strange isn't it?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Darth TNT posted:

For a moment I thought he had a literal double tongue.

This fight is going to be very strange isn't it?

Heracles is going to hit on Jack the Ripper.

Iolaus will be super jelous.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Surprisingly subdued depiction of Jack the Ripper.

Kind of funny to see the smug leave Loki and Hermes' faces

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Bushmeister posted:

Shuumatsu no Valkyrie updated, Jack The Ripper is sporting the hokiest moustache in history.

This real son of a bitch even has a steampunk hat and monocle.

I hope Hercules kicks his rear end.

Hercules will lose because he's too nice of a guy.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

:( humanity is supposed to live but Herc is nice so I guess I hope jack bites it.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, considering that Hild specifically chose Jack to fight against Hercules and that Hercules is like, super likeable while Jack looks like first-grade Jackass, I'm betting that this will be a fight where audience and readers end up cheering for Hercules, but Hercules loses in an ugly way, to show that those fighting for humanity are not particularly nice either.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ElBrak posted:

I hate whatever filter this lovely translation group used on this chapter, gonna wait for the other group to finish its translation.

yeah its really hideous

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol at jack the ripper wearing a guido fawkes mask though

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah, considering that Hild specifically chose Jack to fight against Hercules and that Hercules is like, super likeable while Jack looks like first-grade Jackass, I'm betting that this will be a fight where audience and readers end up cheering for Hercules, but Hercules loses in an ugly way, to show that those fighting for humanity are not particularly nice either.

Well the gods show nothing but sheer contempt for humanity
Why should they pull punches.

Jack is going to fight so loving dirty and gods i cant eait for his 'true history' where he turns out to be part cogwork cyborg

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've been rewatching Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, which I originally watched in 2008/2009. It is a very good comedy that I recommend to anyone who may have been too young to watch it when it came out (I had just graduated college at the time). I can't really think of anything more recent that is similar to it, with the whole "rapid-fire jokes about contemporary pop culture" format.

Also it has some pretty rad OPs/EDs.

Protodude
Dec 10, 2013

Fun Shoe
I loved the first season when it came out, but fell off the second I think due to infrequent fansubs at the time and never went back to it. Been meaning to go back and start over for years now, maybe I'll pick up the physical release once Nozomi puts it out.

Also I've never seen it but I know Joshiraku is based on a series from the same manga-ka as SZS, that might be the closest thing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Goddamn, the latest chapter of Out literally did the 'nothing good will happen beyond this point, turn back now' thing from Devilman. poo poo is going to get wild.

Cock and Balzac
May 30, 2013
I don't know if this is exactly the thread for this, but I'm gonna go for it anyway.

What are some good scanlation groups to follow? Either active groups, or ones with a solid back catalogue. In the past I've had good luck finding new series I wouldn't have come across otherwise by browsing groups that have done stuff I liked. I've been out of the loop for a while though, so I have no clue where to start.

Bonus points for any groups that do more obscure/weird stuff.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
^ There is a group called Lovely Strange Dark that has done several series that I've come to like.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Cock and Balzac posted:

I don't know if this is exactly the thread for this, but I'm gonna go for it anyway.

What are some good scanlation groups to follow? Either active groups, or ones with a solid back catalogue. In the past I've had good luck finding new series I wouldn't have come across otherwise by browsing groups that have done stuff I liked. I've been out of the loop for a while though, so I have no clue where to start.

Bonus points for any groups that do more obscure/weird stuff.

Kirei Cake has Helck and a few others I recall liking. Jaminis Box also has a solid catalog.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

Goddamn, the latest chapter of Out literally did the 'nothing good will happen beyond this point, turn back now' thing from Devilman. poo poo is going to get wild.

Out is the one about the high school delinquent that moves to a different town right? I remember picking it up for a few chapters but it not really holding my interest, does it end up getting pretty good?

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Mraagvpeine posted:

^ There is a group called Lovely Strange Dark that has done several series that I've come to like.

Lovely Strange Dark is great, they do a lot of one or two volume series too so if you follow that group you can just read a bunch of stories to completion instead of adding them to your giant followed stories pile.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zerilan posted:

Out is the one about the high school delinquent that moves to a different town right? I remember picking it up for a few chapters but it not really holding my interest, does it end up getting pretty good?

It's pretty fun if you're into scumbag teenagers having gang wars.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

doomrider7 posted:

Kirei Cake has Helck and a few others I recall liking. Jaminis Box also has a solid catalog.

Jaminis Box also does Peerless Dad which everyone should read and is awesome.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

There's also a group called hidamari that does series that I can only describe as "feel good".

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

It's pretty fun if you're into scumbag teenagers having gang wars.

I really like these series for whatever reason. I recommend jank runk family if you want this but it's in a post apocalyptic setting. It's by the person who did worst

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Jose posted:

I really like these series for whatever reason. I recommend jank runk family if you want this but it's in a post apocalyptic setting. It's by the person who did worst

Worst

Have never read it, but goddamn does that picture make me wanna look into it.

Random Bonus pic from artist

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 26, 2019

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

doomrider7 posted:

Worst

Have never read it, but goddamn does that picture make me wanna look into it.

Random Bonus pic from artist

Your pics aren't showing.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mraagvpeine posted:

Your pics aren't showing.

Weird, they were showing just fine earlier.

Error 403 Forbidden. They're from Pixiv. No idea how to share them without it being a headache or just dropping the links.

Worst
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=25492279

Cool Random
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62928696

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Aug 27, 2019

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

doomrider7 posted:

Weird, they were showing just fine earlier.

Error 403 Forbidden. They're from Pixiv. No idea how to share them without it being a headache or just dropping the links.

Just save the images and upload them to an image sharing site. Better idea in general than hotlinking

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Just save the images and upload them to an image sharing site. Better idea in general than hotlinking

Did that with imgur. Same issue, don't know. Granted I'm on my tablet not my PC.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I've taken to using the snip tool/screenshots to do it since so many sites break copy and pasting to Imgur

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Cool Pic

Worst

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
DUSTIN'S
BAR
MITZVAH

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
HxH

Ultraviolence

Tiger

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

If you like worst and out and generally people getting into fights of that sort clover is decent too. I'd say other than out they're shonen though. Reading out I didn't really expect the torture/murders to be so brutally hosed up or even really a thing as far as the torture is concerned. Its a bit sudden when it changes

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Caught up with Out again thanks to this thread. Ugh it's such a good series. It really just dives into "everything about gangs and gang warfare is nasty and horrible". However things end up going down at the end of this, nobody is coming away better for it.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Trying to remember the name of this super dumb delinquent manga, but the only thing I can remember is that one of the supporting characters had huge nostrils and his nickname was noseholes. Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Cromartie High School?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Zerilan posted:

Cromartie High School?

sorry, no noseholes in Cromartie High School.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

nerdz posted:

sorry, no noseholes in Cromartie High School.

A-bout?