Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

There are a lot of status immune enemies, should there be crit immune enemies?

DE please make a boss that has resistance inversely scaled to your conclave rank tia~~~

I have thousands of terrible ideas and I'm not afraid to post them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
For better or worse, it'd get people engaged with conclave.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

WebDO posted:

DE please make a boss that has resistance inversely scaled to your conclave rank tia~~~

I desperately want to hear each and every terrible, terrible idea

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Hattie Masters posted:

Create a card game based on warframe mods

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Boss that is only available after you max your ventkid reputation for the day, it drops a warframe but the neuro is 10% the chassis is 10% the systems is 50% and there is a 30% of getting Ammo crate.

It can only be damaged with K-drives, it's health scales with more players who might not have the damage mods, there is no indication before the fight you need these mods.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Boss that is only available after you max your ventkid reputation for the day, it drops a warframe but the neuro is 10% the chassis is 10% the systems is 50% and there is a 30% of getting Ammo crate.

It can only be damaged with K-drives, it's health scales with more players who might not have the damage mods, there is no indication before the fight you need these mods.

The mods only drop from the boss and you’re not guaranteed that a mod will drop. Also, they’re not mods, they’re Arcanes.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Tei posted:

Create a card game based on warframe mods

He said terrible ideas

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
stupid ideas

make the MR26 test part of an endgame mode

give relics random modifiers and the sum is applied to the level, once you reach 10 stacks you get the modifier too

steal more from PoE: make pure phys/base ele weapon builds possible, make universal augment mods that can fundamentally change a build, stuff like that

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

WebDO posted:

I'm literally max rank with conclave so this won't affect me :smug:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

stupid ideas

make the MR26 test part of an endgame mode

give relics random modifiers and the sum is applied to the level, once you reach 10 stacks you get the modifier too

steal more from PoE: make pure phys/base ele weapon builds possible, make universal augment mods that can fundamentally change a build, stuff like that

Put Headhunter in Warframe

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

And Tyler Too! posted:

I'm literally max rank with conclave so this won't affect me :smug:

To level the playing field reset everyone's Conclave rank

Good idea spawned by bad idea chat: a boss you damage with your k-drive by doing sick tricks all over its limbs and body like some radical Tony Hawk meets Shadows of the Colossus

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I'm a new player and the last few pages of this thread make little sense to me, but I've been having fun so far

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

END ME SCOOB posted:

Holy poo poo this is very bad.
it's the best cosmetic in months, but your questionable opinion wouldn't be half as bad if you weren't also a dick about spoiling stuff

Nickiepoo posted:

We need to remember that Warframe is a very different game now than when those bosses were first designed and many of them could do with a big overhaul.
Lots of bosses in warframe are soberingly awful, but even the most hated ones are only a couple of changes (or bug fixes) away from being much less obnoxious. I won't hold my breath for that stuff to make it to the top of their priority list tho.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

END ME SCOOB posted:

Yeah, I've always thought an interesting solution for some of those bosses would be to keep their weak points as an object, just protected, so anyone with pierce through could still keep doing SOMETHING during dead periods (and this means most players will have to do the fights at least once 'legit' until they get mods or gear which could assist in this). Doesn't solve stuff like Kela fleeing the arena but to be fair, you've also got other things going on during that downtime which keep it from being all loitering.
Yeah I'm thinking of specifically stuff like, say, Vay Hek, who's got his super battle frame, except we've gone through Plot poo poo to get weapons specifically for dealing with that kind of poo poo in order to fight Profit Taker, yet they're not useful against anything ELSE that has particularly good armor. Other than against profit-taker they're just kinda slightly stronger but ordinary guns.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

And Tyler Too! posted:

You get a rolling stereo that taunts enemies and reflects damage. You can provide invisibility, multishot, melee attack speed, improved movement speed (requires teammates to perform specific actions to the rhythm), and up to 400% increased damage all while playing music for your teammates. Your passive regenerates 1 energy per second on ability use which will stack with zenurik's energy bubble. Yes, Octavia is obscenely good.

But I have to write music.

That other people might hear. :suicide:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

StashAugustine posted:

Put Headhunter in Warframe

we'd need more insane eximi, we don't have any shroud walkers or bringers of bone

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Hattie Masters posted:

Permadeath mode league with Dark Souls style invasions.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Tei posted:

Dark Souls style invasions.

I never confirmed it but a friend claimed that they were working on something like this and I made it clear that nothing would get me to drop the game faster.

Was there any truth to it?

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

Nickiepoo posted:

I never confirmed it but a friend claimed that they were working on something like this and I made it clear that nothing would get me to drop the game faster.

Stalker mode, where you can play as the Stalker and invade other people's missions.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Nickiepoo posted:

Kind of - they've got a working prototype (they've used it on live games while streaming) for a mode that would let us play as the Stalker. He wouldn't be any more powerful than he is right now, there would just be a human controlling him. I think it would be an opt-in kind of thing, too.

e:f,b

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Nickiepoo posted:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Stalker_Mode

It made for fun Tennocon footage

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

RoadCrewWorker posted:

As for the discussion about what good, challenging and teamplay-rewarding warframe endgame content would even look like i'm not sure. I think raw dps checks like PTs shield or dolon joints are build (or mostly, riven) rewarding but incredibly boring and (if your team is lacking the proper gear) tedious in actual gameplay. Exploiter's agility mechanic isn't perfect but feels much more engaging, so i'd like to see some more variety in that direction. Flydolon's arena+grab into zapper mechanics seems like they're experimenting in that direction, while also mixing in some dps rewards in the center platform intermissions.

Personally, I'd love more of the temporary 'tactical event' style content. Even Dog Days was fun for awhile :colbert: and that was probably the worst event to date.

Re teamplay, a perfect team can usually get the top reward in 5 runs vs 10.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

WebDO posted:

To level the playing field reset everyone's Conclave rank

Good idea spawned by bad idea chat: a boss you damage with your k-drive by doing sick tricks all over its limbs and body like some radical Tony Hawk meets Shadows of the Colossus

Is this not how I'm supposed to play fortuna bounties?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Pomp posted:

I've tried grinding on those Wheeldrives and dropships so many times and the game is having none of it :smith:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pomp posted:

Can you stack up enough powers and "don't fall off" abilities to actually fight well on a board?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Tulip posted:

we'd need more insane eximi, we don't have any shroud walkers or bringers of bone
Fine then, Zerphi's Heart

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

prefect posted:

Can you stack up enough powers and "don't fall off" abilities to actually fight on a board?
technically, yes

prefect posted:

fight well
As someone who has formad a k-drive multiple times: not under any existing definition of the word "well"

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

StashAugustine posted:

Fine then, Zerphi's Heart

I'd want Eye of Innocence for Mirage.

Just noticed that we basically have The Writhing Jar already.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

RoadCrewWorker posted:

technically, yes

As someone who has formad a k-drive multiple times: not under any existing definition of the word "well"

I'm grinding Ventkids rep because I want to build at least four K-Drives to start with. Then I'm going mix stuff up. :twisted:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Travic posted:

I will try to make E1M1.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Got Rhino P out of the oven, what s the build? Seems like str+armor, Aug 2, don't dump dur or range. Is his 4 Aug good?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

StashAugustine posted:

Got Rhino P out of the oven, what s the build? Seems like str+armor, Aug 2, don't dump dur or range. Is his 4 Aug good?

full Umbral set, Armored Agility, Gladiator set, Mobilize, Rush

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Ironclad Charge is the best bang for your buck, armor-wise. Ram a mob of dudes then cast Iron Skin for big, funny numbers.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
So the talk of Path of Exile style leagues got me thinking, so my terrible idea is to take the race/speedrun leagues from that game.

Start everyone with a fresh, completely separate account at MR0, and the person who gets the furthest/gets the most milestones (these could be first kill of X boss, first to reach X planet, first to clear X Junction, etc.)/reaches the highest MR, gets some kind of reward, with other rewards for the top X people. Maybe top 100 or 50 or something get a unique cosmetic, and everyone else can get league specific cosmetics but they're available to anyone who played it.

If you really wanted to spice it up, instead of having the default equipment selection, have 3 random frames you can start with, and then two random weapon choices for every slot. Maybe the 3 choices for the league are Khora, Frost, and Volt? Do you want the Hek to start, or the Rubico (i wouldn't want prime weapons in the starting selections).

And if you REALLY wanted to spice it up you could remove trading. Grouping up remains so it wouldn't be true solo-self found, but without plat to buy potatoes/trade for mods, i imagine it would become a ridiculous test of endurance/making do.

I actually almost kind of want to see them try this now, even though i know it would be terrible.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Also do it hardcore :unsmigghh:

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

StashAugustine posted:

Also do it hardcore :unsmigghh:

Back in ye olden days, revives were 4 per frame per day.

I'd be down with a league that was 4 per frame EVER, and if you went over that you had to make the frame again.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Gauss this week then?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

"Race to Sibear" is a hilarious idea

And yeah I've had the same thought - you keep your slots and cosmetics but that's it. It would be uh very not the direction that WF has developed in but could be fun

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
My terrible idea for Warframe development is to remove all the parkor and open world stuff so it's like a straight normal third person corridor shooter except kind of space ninja themed haha that would be terrible who would play that haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Travic posted:

Or you could look through the library of nearly 3000 songs Buff00n has converted to the 'chord until you find one you like. :guitar: