Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Next up: Toru tries to quit prison and gets a cane to the back.

:munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

He's building a new pokeman.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Tohru really didn't count on going to prison sucking.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Tohru, when your parents are dead and can't bring you instant food, you can't quit your job on the outside either

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Grevling posted:

Tohru really didn't count on going to prison sucking.

To be fair, I think he knew that. He said he didn't want to go to prison when he realized he'd need to get caught or he'd never be famous.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

guys... I think tohru might be a huge dumbass

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

How did Japanese society react to such a violent event taking place in his parent's kitchen?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Kazak posted:

How did Japanese society react to such a violent event taking place in his parent's kitchen?

"Eh. can't be helped"

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Kazak posted:

Society sent him to prison to make Pokémon onaholes, the greatest punishment

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Kazak posted:

They were going to be outraged but first they needed to eat so they grabbed some natto. It was all going well until they discovered that there was no soy sauce...

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aino Minako posted:

Society sent him to prison to make Pokémon onaholes, the greatest punishment

Imao

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm already stretched thin with my current translation commitments, but I stumbled upon a new webnovel titled "I Witnessed The Idol I Was Stalking On A Date With A Handsome Guy, Sold All The Merch I Spent My Savings On, Used The Earnings To Buy Surgery For My Gorgeous Aryan Stepsister With Body Odor Problems, And Now I'm Hopelessly In Love With Her" I probably shouldn't translate it, but 100% lol at the title, it's amazing. And the first part is called "In Which I Fall Hopelessly In Love With My Gorgeous Aryan Sister With Body Odor Problems"

(anyway, i'll update this stupid comic soon haha)

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
That’s a lot of thinky words you could have used on bad comic

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
yeah, please don't waste your hands on non-comic related endeavors, please. Don't worry about atrophy, you will be given a steroid injection into several key sites on your hand (palm, upper hand where there is no fat or much muscle so it loving hurts, knuckles and fingertips) every few hours.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol dw i wont translate prose until i finish the (actual) novel i'm translating

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

but first, time to find out where to buy beef jerky

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Tell me about your translation credentials Mr. Steak. Do you translate for your job?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Kazak posted:

Very carefully.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Tell me about your translation credentials Mr. Steak. Do you translate for your job?

no, its just a hobby

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Mr. Lobe posted:

guys... I think tohru might be a huge dumbass

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
If Steak did this for a job, do you really think he'd be hunky dory wasting effort transcribing a NEET comic for no money?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Tohru is definitely a libertarian.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That's kind of like rehabilitation

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Please, do talk more about killing Tohru, since you're so good at it. :allears:

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
oh my god

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Kill the warden and you’ll become the new boss of the prison. Do it Tohru

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Life advice from Tohru: kill your famil

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Tohru is such a little bitch, the longer this goes on the more I am starting to hate him. Kill yourself Tohru.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
That's not how empathy works, Tohru.

I'm struggling to see how killing the principal would help with bullying in any way besides scaring them away in a "don't mess with me, I killed the principal" way.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
No, it’s logic you see. If any of those things were worse than being in prison for murder, the people involved could just kill someone and then go to prison for murder.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Ziv Zulander posted:

Kill the warden and you’ll become the new boss of the prison. Do it Tohru

Ricky-O is actually taking place at the exact same time as this, Tohru is just so self-absorbed that he hasn't noticed all the bodies piling up

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

That's kind of like rehabilitation

Lol

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
Everyone hates Tohru, of course, but I really have to wonder how different he is in the "get a job" arc. Like, is he actually going to be likeable and a decent person there and be about bettering himself?

We're all spending this topic making GBS threads on him so far, but we did vote to have him decide to become a criminal, so being a thoroughly unlikeable person just makes sense. So I am wondering about the contrast that might be there with the other arc.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in my opinion he becomes likable before every major ending.

e: basically every arc is about tohru improving, because he kinda starts at rock bottom already. what you voted for was kicking that "kinda" in the rear end and making him start at actual rock bottkm.

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 29, 2019

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
The NEET is a lad of many contrasts.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Japanese society works like in anime. Once he joins up with a plucky team of adventures, all his past crimes will be absolved and he'll be fully committed to the cause of justice, but without losing his bad boy attitude.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Shadow0 posted:

Japanese society works like in anime. Once he joins up with a plucky team of adventures, all his past crimes will be absolved and he'll be fully committed to the cause of justice, but without losing his bad boy attitude.

But...but I hate anime and like this comic :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
just means you like manga

say it bitch