Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
I want a New Republic Starhawk to appear on either the big or the small screen at some point so I can get a lego set of it, because it looks rad as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Groetgaffel posted:

I want a New Republic Starhawk to appear on either the big or the small screen at some point so I can get a lego set of it, because it looks rad as hell.

That thing looks like it was designed to be made out of Lego.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Butterfly Valley posted:

Star Wars Lego nerds, there's new footage of Rise of Skywalker and it includes proper original B-Wings, which hopefully means we'll get a new version in the next wave of sets because I fuckin love a B-Wing and it's been a while

That would be cool cause the B Wing is the only rebel starfighter that still doesn't have a really good (non UCS) version. All of Legos small B Wings kind of suck and they need to redesign it.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

xzzy posted:

I wouldn't expect much. Abrams makes very pretty movies but he's pretty bad at depicting scale in his space based efforts. The movies might as well be based entirely in a single city given how fast people can move around.

The car chase star wars gave me a headache trying to make sense of it. I try really hard to shut off my logic brain and just enjoy the visuals but sometimes it's impossible.

Oh god, the terrible astronomy in TFA and TLJ really took me out of both films. It's not that hard to get that sort of thing right, and the Lucas films were actually pretty good in that regard (notwithstanding the incorrect use of parsecs (yes, I know about the retcon with black holes)).

Groetgaffel posted:

To be fair, there have been some sets of vehicles that have never appeared on screen, like the TIE Defender and TIE Crawler

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Welcome to Apocalypseburg is 25% off at Walmart. FYI in case anyone has been tempted.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Habibi posted:

Welcome to Apocalypseburg is 25% off at Walmart. FYI in case anyone has been tempted.

Ugh.. pulled the trigger on that.. couldn't resist. Especially after I saw there was a 5571 homage on the back of the model. :D

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I've got a few battle packs recently with the result I now have a motley squadron of imperial officers, troopers and bounty hunters on my shelf. The stud shooters look like rear end and I'm debating buying the brickarms blaster pack along with a few extra stormtrooper blasters to gear them up more appropriately but I'm a little worried that 1. I'll be through the rabbit hole of spending money on customisation and 2. They're not official so the quality might be off.

Can anyone attest to their quality?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

I've got a few battle packs recently with the result I now have a motley squadron of imperial officers, troopers and bounty hunters on my shelf. The stud shooters look like rear end and I'm debating buying the brickarms blaster pack along with a few extra stormtrooper blasters to gear them up more appropriately but I'm a little worried that 1. I'll be through the rabbit hole of spending money on customisation and 2. They're not official so the quality might be off.

Can anyone attest to their quality?

I was at a con and got some brick arms guns. They're good quality for sure.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Brickarms are great quality. They’re the first (still only?) non Lego you can buy on BrickLink.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

Not the only. 4DBrix (and maybe someone else) does 3D printed train and monorail tracks.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The new calendar is out. Looks like if you time it right you can get the Hidden Side promo and the brickheads bee if you spend $65. $50 will get you the HS set so why not go $15 over to get a free $10 set? It's possible I misread the calendar, though.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-september-2019-store-calendar-promotions-events/

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anybody interested in buying a grip of CMFs at a decent price? I just blew way to much money this week and I don't really collect CMFs anymore. I'd rather sell them all in a lot instead of doing them individually. If that sounds interesting to any of you I'll count them and take a pic of the ones I have. I think all in all it's about 60 of them and I'll probably cherry pick a few of my favs out of there and sell the rest.

Also probably going to get rid of the Parisian Restaurant if anyone is interested. beautiful set but I don't collect modulars or have anywhere to put it right now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

Also probably going to get rid of the Parisian Restaurant if anyone is interested. beautiful set but I don't collect modulars or have anywhere to put it right now.

MOC it up. You know you wanna... Darth and Obi Wan could have a romantic dinner.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not a bad idea lol. I just blew like a grand on vacation and some gaming crap though, and my bank account is looking pretty sad. I usually just buy cheap bulk for MOCs anyways. Can't bring myself to part out a $160 set haha.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

veni veni veni posted:

Anybody interested in buying a grip of CMFs at a decent price? I just blew way to much money this week and I don't really collect CMFs anymore. I'd rather sell them all in a lot instead of doing them individually. If that sounds interesting to any of you I'll count them and take a pic of the ones I have. I think all in all it's about 60 of them and I'll probably cherry pick a few of my favs out of there and sell the rest.

I'd be interested in the CMFs.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cloks posted:

I'd be interested in the CMFs.

Sweet. I’ll get a pic and post them/pm you after I get off work tomorrow.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Oh poo poo, the bird is supposed to be a Crow.

I could never understand why the ghost had a parrot

:ughh:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I have that set. :allears: Good times, I loved that ghost.
I also loved how it could connect to other castle pieces.

Ineptitude posted:

Oh poo poo, the bird is supposed to be a Crow.

I could never understand why the ghost had a parrot

:ughh:

I always thought the bird was a statue.
Recently someone told me it was supposed to be a falcon, but now it's a crow? :psyduck:

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

I always figured it was a bird, but not a parrot. To be fair, it was the only bird part Lego had back then.

The artist who did that is Ben Turner by the way, he's done another Lego piece:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Oh i recognise that set, i thought to myself, then started digging on Bricklink for it.

After finally finding it i notice the set number is literally right there on the image...

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Hello new wallpaper and lockscreen.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Uh, Disney Shop is doing a 40% discount that applies to all their Legos. Want a $480 Millennium Falcon? $220 for the Disney Castle? Get your rear end over there.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
That’s wild. Wish they had the new Disney train. And also that I hadn’t bit on the castle last year. Falcon and castle both on backorder but they’ll still honor the price looks like.

KracKiwi
Mar 29, 2002

:byodood: well excuse me, princess!
Fyi you get a "limit exceeded" error and cant checkout when the falcon is in your cart.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

KracKiwi posted:

Fyi you get a "limit exceeded" error and cant checkout when the falcon is in your cart.

I think that's a lovely inventory system at work. Most times, won't tell you when you add to your cart that the product is out of stock.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ineptitude posted:

Oh i recognise that set, i thought to myself, then started digging on Bricklink for it.

After finally finding it i notice the set number is literally right there on the image...

Huh, that set is really neat given the age. I never knew they had mech suits back then.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Werix posted:

Huh, that set is really neat given the age. I never knew they had mech suits back then.

Everyone nerds out about the monorail stuff, but the small futuron sets were where the cool stuff was going on. They are what we got as lego was leaving the classic space line and the increased complexity was crack for a kid.

That particular one was definitely neat but it was really fragile.. the feet are attached with those plate thickness hinges and it generally worked, but got really loose after a bit of play.

My favorite is the split wing:

The legs fold out so they can be wings, making it ultra swooshable. :allears:

MrEnigma
Aug 30, 2004

Moo!

Habibi posted:

Uh, Disney Shop is doing a 40% discount that applies to all their Legos. Want a $480 Millennium Falcon? $220 for the Disney Castle? Get your rear end over there.

dead already?

edit: yup

MrEnigma fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 29, 2019

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

MrEnigma posted:

dead already?

edit: yup

Yeah, and the way it went down I suspect it may have been another one of those occasional "Whoopsies!" that happens when stores apply discounts carelessly, and that in this case the 40% was not intended to apply to Lego. Discounted items suddenly started showing as out of stock, and then 20 minutes later, everything is back in stock at regular prices. Wonder if Disney will renege on those that placed orders on their $480 MF UCS, etc... When this happened with Target a year or two back, some of the orders were fulfilled, some were cancelled, and some were even recalled when out for delivery. Disney doesn't turn orders around like Target, though, who already had stuff out the door by the time they realized what was up.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

xzzy posted:

Everyone nerds out about the monorail stuff, but the small futuron sets were where the cool stuff was going on. They are what we got as lego was leaving the classic space line and the increased complexity was crack for a kid.

That particular one was definitely neat but it was really fragile.. the feet are attached with those plate thickness hinges and it generally worked, but got really loose after a bit of play.

My favorite is the split wing:

The legs fold out so they can be wings, making it ultra swooshable. :allears:

I agree.
I had 6830 the space patroller. It's had soooo many play hours.
2 detachable robots, laser cannons on the front and moveable wings. :allears:

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
My earliest sets are from the Blacktron II era. this one was my favorite.

I still have to get all those old sets from my parent's house.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I always wanted that set as a kid, I had most of the m tron and blacktron II ones but never got that one or the base :(

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
While I know they've released that the new ISD will cost $700+, and that's likely BEFORE the Power Functions module that'll light it...I still really, really want to see it.

If I can get a reasonable amount for my "rare" Kenner Electronic Star Destroyer to put a decent dent in the cost, I might bite. >.>

Not too thrilled about the brick count versus the UCS Falcon, though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Every time Star Wars Lego seems like it can't possibly get more overpriced they manage to out do themselves. I bet it'll be the same scale as the original which was $299 too.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Werix posted:

My earliest sets are from the Blacktron II era. this one was my favorite.

I still have to get all those old sets from my parent's house.

Ika posted:

I always wanted that set as a kid, I had most of the m tron and blacktron II ones but never got that one or the base :(

I also wanted that set badly as a kid.
I especially loved those weird white shoulder contraptions, I never had any set with those. No idea what they were supposed to be, but I assumed they were huge shoulder cannons. Very good for your ears probably.

I had Blacktron 2 6832 Super nova and the Allied Avenger 6887 . Those Blacktron cockpits were so badass.

Not to long ago I saw someone on Ebay selling a complete collection of Blacktron 2, the temptation was great but I resisted. :(

veni veni veni posted:

Every time Star Wars Lego seems like it can't possibly get more overpriced they manage to out do themselves. I bet it'll be the same scale as the original which was $299 too.

My Starwars lego collecting days are mostly over now. I'd still like an Xwing at some point, but beyond that I'm pretty done.

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Aug 30, 2019

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I bet it'll be the same scale as the original which was $299 too.

It almost certainly will be, but like the 2 versions of UCS Falcon the newer one will have a lot more greebling (and as such piece count)

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I feel like the blue and red Futuron guys were rarer than the others, I only had maybe two of each compared to tons of the yellow and black/white spacemen.

It always pissed me off that there wasn't a green guy too.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This picture owns but I'd love a giant glow in the dark ghost LEGO costume just like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Potential BFF posted:

I feel like the blue and red Futuron guys were rarer than the others, I only had maybe two of each compared to tons of the yellow and black/white spacemen.

It always pissed me off that there wasn't a green guy too.
there sorta are now! thirty years late, but there you go :v: