Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mulva posted:

Crom would never say kill. Crom wouldn't give you the time of day, unless the time was "Eat my rear end and die in misery". Crom is completely uninterested in anything you have to say or do, and if you grab his attention he will gently caress your day up to the greatest extent possible. The only gift he gives to man at birth is their will, and what else do you need?

I gave you free will bitch how can you fuckin repay that
just gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Doc Hawkins posted:

yeah, but "i hear you and obey"?

Look, the guy just got Kali Ma'd and then a symbiote sucked into his chest all in less than a minute. I think a little disorientation is perfectly understandable.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mulva posted:

Crom would never say kill. Crom wouldn't give you the time of day, unless the time was "Eat my rear end and die in misery". Crom is completely uninterested in anything you have to say or do, and if you grab his attention he will gently caress your day up to the greatest extent possible. The only gift he gives to man at birth is their will, and what else do you need?

Wasn't there a short story in one of the comics (or maybe it was in one of the books) where Conan climbs Crom's mountain just so he could tell him "gently caress you" or something like that?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
IT

WAS

A

JOKE

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Samuringa posted:

IT

WAS

A

JOKE

No, I'm pretty sure Conan is canonically Presbyterian.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

IT

WAS

A

JOKE

Um then you should've put it in the funny thread, DUH

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I mean, it's not a subservient "I hear you and obey (Master)"

but a " Yeah, I hear what you are saying, and I am completely down with loving some idiots up ( I Obey because it's what I would be doing anyway)
Could be a sardonic tone in there, but it's possible I am just reading too much into this.

I have several of the Conan Dark Horse comics put out some years back. Y'all say this new stuff is good?
Hopefully it gets put into a TPB at some point.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Proteus Jones posted:

Wasn't there a short story in one of the comics (or maybe it was in one of the books) where Conan climbs Crom's mountain just so he could tell him "gently caress you" or something like that?

Not that one, but I do believe he had a crossover with Thor and Thor died so Conan was hella pissed and started climbing Croms mountain with Thor's hammer, and also with murderous intent.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Scaramouche posted:

Not that one, but I do believe he had a crossover with Thor and Thor died so Conan was hella pissed and started climbing Croms mountain with Thor's hammer, and also with murderous intent.

That was it. Thanks!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
This recent discussion made me want to watch the Arnie movies again. Which I'm doing right now.
So many good Arnie grunts and faces. Thanks thread.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Those movies got a lot of things wrong about Conan's character, but his attitude to religion is not one of them.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

David D. Davidson posted:

This recent discussion made me want to watch the Arnie movies again. Which I'm doing right now.
So many good Arnie grunts and faces. Thanks thread.
When planning Conan 2, the main costume direction was "less clothing on everyone, especially Arnie"

They should have got an Oscar for that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lurdiak posted:

Those movies got a lot of things wrong about Conan's character, but his attitude to religion is not one of them.

"If you won't help me, then the hell with you, I'll do it myself!" :hellyeah:

Scaramouche posted:

Yeah, one of my favorite What If's ever. Thor goes to see Crom who, unsurprisingly, tells him to gently caress off. Then Conan goes up there at the end of the comic with the implication that he's basically gonna kick Crom's rear end when he gets up there.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

CannonFodder posted:

When planning Conan 2, the main costume direction was "less clothing on everyone, especially Arnie"

They should have got an Oscar for that.

Whoever decided that the character protecting a young woman’s virginity should be played by Wilt Chamberlin also deserves an Oscar

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Scaramouche posted:

Hell yeah. That's one of the best What If issues.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Making a request of some bad rear end panels for Shang Chi, because I don't think I've ever seen him in action.

Guess Marvel shouldn't have 'wasted' Iron Fist on Netflix :v:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu One-Shot (2009)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dats some good poo poo :hmmyes:

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Also noted: even with all those attacks and dodging and feints, Shang-Chi's glasses never fall off.

They announced a Shang-Chi movie, and Simu Liu was shocked to learn that he'd been picked to play him..

https://twitter.com/SimuLiu/status/1069696323056586752

https://twitter.com/SimuLiu/status/1152763536478736384

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 22, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Binary Badger posted:

Also noted: even with all those attacks and dodging and feints, Shang-Chi's glasses never fall off.

They announced a Shang-Chi movie, and Simu Liu was shocked to learn that he'd been picked to play him..

https://twitter.com/SimuLiu/status/1069696323056586752

https://twitter.com/SimuLiu/status/1152763536478736384

They're getting a bit too cagy with how much they keep from their actors.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I seem to remember him being in a book with Strange and some other mystic level people and just dealing with it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Okay, Avengers & X-Men: Axis was a dumb event, but like most events, it had a couple of neat moments and here's one I liked: The premise is that heroes and villains have switched moral alignments. Loki has lured Thor off-world during the big climactic battle because, well, it's better to take Thor out of play in a big battle. And now he's stuck on the moon with a pissed off evil Thor.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I really liked the arcs of Loki trying to be a good person. And Mjolnir considering him worthy pleases me greatly.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Those pages rule.

Good Loki owns bones.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

One of the best parts of all that (and honestly Sixis wasnt the worst event. It had a bunch of great tie ins and fun concepts.) Is afterwards Loki tries to tell everyone about how he defeated Thor.
And they just write it off as "another lie by the God of Lies."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Axis was good because of Hobgoblin's PSA.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I really liked the arcs of Loki trying to be a good person. And Mjolnir considering him worthy pleases me greatly.

That is pretty cool.

How many people in canon have been considered worthy? Thor, Loki, Cap, Beta Ray Bill, Jane, I'm sure a few more...?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sticksy posted:

That is pretty cool.

How many people in canon have been considered worthy? Thor, Loki, Cap, Beta Ray Bill, Jane, I'm sure a few more...?

Rick Jones? (I don't know if that counts as "in canon".)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Eric Masterson and whatever that future nerd's name was. Superman.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
good or bad loki owns bones.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

AkumaHokoru posted:

good or bad loki owns bones.

Did you mean to say Cat Loki?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The best part of AXIS was good Carnage.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Oh Nancy, where have you been all my life?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Alhazred posted:

all lokis are good lokis.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Don't forget Throg, who I am very disappointed to learn was a human transformed into a frog, and not simply a worthy frog.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

sticksy posted:

That is pretty cool.

Eric Masterson
A Frog
Superman
Wonder Woman
(I don't remember how canon the DC crossover stuff is considered)

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Push El Burrito posted:

Eric Masterson and whatever that future nerd's name was. Superman.

Miguel O'Hara, y'mean?

edit: oh, and Squirrel Girl, of course.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Parahexavoctal posted:

Miguel O'Hara, y'mean?

Nah, some guy named Dargo. Then there was actually a 2099 Thor.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Parahexavoctal posted:

Miguel O'Hara, y'mean?

I read the Squirrel Girl one a month ago, can't believe I forgot about that..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Eric Masterson
A Frog
Superman
Wonder Woman
(I don't remember how canon the DC crossover stuff is considered)

*pushes up nerd glasses*

Superman isn't actually worthy. He used Mjolnir but after the threat to the multiverse was over he couldn't wield it anymore. Thor then explains that Odin temporarily let the worthy thing slide so Supes could save the day.