Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Something to keep in mind with Clone Wars is that the creative team heard the complaints about the kiddy nicknames and Ashoka acting like a brat and immediately course corrected that; the problem was that they had a season and a half of episodes completely done before any of it aired, so you don't see Ashoka stop being annoying and Anakin stop calling her "Snips" until midway through season 2.

And yeah, as just mentioned, the time jump and costume change happens and then the show is absolutely firing on all cylinders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Very happy with The Mandalorian trailer. The teaser and BTS they showed at Celebration looked... off, to put it politely. Very tv-ish. I don't know if it was the frames per second, or what, but it wasn't good.

This however looked fantastic. Whatever that weirdness was, has been fixed in post apparently, which is a relief.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Teek posted:

Very happy with The Mandalorian trailer. The teaser and BTS they showed at Celebration looked... off, to put it politely. Very tv-ish. I don't know if it was the frames per second, or what, but it wasn't good.

This however looked fantastic. Whatever that weirdness was, has been fixed in post apparently, which is a relief.

I felt the same way, I think it’s because the leaked BTS reel was full of unfinished and nearly-finished-but-not-quite VFX and some rougher editing. This new trailer looks bonkers good though, that cast is going to loving crush this.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

So would it be a cop out if Obi-Wan fought Maul again in his series, ending with a semi-ambiguous "death" for Maul? That way you preserve his later re-appearance and for real death in Rebels, but you now get a live action resolution for him. Or is that getting a little bit too cute with continuity? Because ultimately I'm not sure it was ever established that they last saw each other during the Clone Wars. You could fit another meeting in there if need be. Technically you could have it so it's not even Obi-Wan who "kills" him, they could have Vader involved, whose appearance in the show might serve to also tie up some of the ANH Obi-Wan/Vader lines.

Teek fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Aug 24, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Placing bets at what episode Bill Burr dies. I've got him lasting 6 and dying in some epic moment where he gets a thermal detonator off first.

Is Ming-Na the Twi'lek chick?

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 24, 2019

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

the mandalorian looks alright, but it does the thing that every extended star wars thing has to do where it does the thing from the movies - e.g. han solo being encased in carbonite, which was implied to be an extreme and personal punishment from jabba where he used an industrial process on a human for sheer cruelty and also to display him in public, but in the mandalorian he does it to EVERY TARGET APPARENTLY

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hakkesshu posted:

the mandalorian looks alright, but it does the thing that every extended star wars thing has to do where it does the thing from the movies - e.g. han solo being encased in carbonite, which was implied to be an extreme and personal punishment from jabba where he used an industrial process on a human for sheer cruelty and also to display him in public, but in the mandalorian he does it to EVERY TARGET APPARENTLY

I'm tipping it's the bounty hunter's guild collection, i wouldn't read too much into it without watching it.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Jerkface posted:

IG-14 :v:

(Voiced by Taika Waititi!)

IG-14 if he's pro-Empire.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/HtYZbgn.mp4

:bisonyes:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mandalorian looks fantastic, and that's a very tight trailer.

Kanine posted:

apparently chuds on reddit already getting pissy that mandalorian has more than 1 black person in the trailer

Lol

:agreed:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Ming-Na Wen officially confirmed for Mandalorian https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1164978631690596353

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Teek posted:

So would it be a cop out if Obi-Wan fought Maul again in his series, ending with a semi-ambiguous "death" for Maul? That way you preserve his later re-appearance and for real death in Rebels, but you now get a live action resolution for him. Or is that getting a little bit too cute with continuity? Because ultimately I'm not sure it was ever established that they last saw each other during the Clone Wars. You could fit another meeting in there if need be. Technically you could have it so it's not even Obi-Wan who "kills" him, they could have Vader involved, whose appearance in the show might serve to also tie up some of the ANH Obi-Wan/Vader lines.

Can't happen, since Rebels!Maul is explicitly unaware of where Obi-Wan is until shortly before Rogue One/ANH and needs a vision brought on by merging holocrons to get a hint of his location, then spends a fair while combing the planet looking for him before eventually calling in Ezra to be his pointer

A live-action version of the episode from Obi-Wan's perspective with Taylor Gray being a live-action Ezra would be interesting

I like watching TCW in chronological order, because seeing the quality hop around is hilarious

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Vinylshadow posted:

Can't happen, since Rebels!Maul is explicitly unaware of where Obi-Wan is until shortly before Rogue One/ANH and needs a vision brought on by merging holocrons to get a hint of his location, then spends a fair while combing the planet looking for him before eventually calling in Ezra to be his pointer

A live-action version of the episode from Obi-Wan's perspective with Taylor Gray being a live-action Ezra would be interesting

Eh, all it requires is for Obi-Wan to leave Tatooine every now and again. I mean, heck, they're doing a show about the guy...it can't all be him hanging out in a hut, scaring Tuskans, and stalking young Luke. :shrug:

Indeed, Obi-Wan leaving Tatooine for some important covert mission and running into Maul makes sense vis a vis Rebels because Maul's out to get the guy but really has no reason to believe Kenobi survived Order 66. But if Kenobi showed up, hosed up Maul's operation, then vanished into the dark again, that could lead to an increasingly obsessed Maul leaving the crime lord life behind in order to track Kenobi down, leading to his appearances and death in Rebels.

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 24, 2019

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, there’s been talk that Obi-wan may not have stayed on Tatooine the whole time. Lucas himself was asked that and said it was possible. Meaning he could have ran into Maul during whatever task took him off planet.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Heh, :ninja: rules the night!

Teek posted:

Yeah, there’s been talk that Obi-wan may not have stayed on Tatooine the whole time. Lucas himself was asked that and said it was possible. Meaning he could have ran into Maul during whatever task took him off planet.

Exactly this. I'm pretty sure anything you can find that states that Obi-wan never left Tattooine after Revenge of the Sith is all Legends now. There hasn't been anything post-Disney that talks about how Ben spent the years between RotS and ANH, so for all we know he booked it off Tattooine right after he handed off baby Luke, had years of hidden space adventures, and got back on world a week before Maul showed up in Rebels. :shrug:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I said it in the agents of shield thread, but Ming-Na as adult live action Sabine is a dream cast. Though it depends on the time frame.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

I said it in the agents of shield thread, but Ming-Na as adult live action Sabine is a dream cast. Though it depends on the time frame.

Seems like it's around the same time as Alphabet Squadron, right after Endor and Jakku, but before the New Republic really gets going. So, maybe five to ten years after Yavin on the outside, which would make Sabine somewhere from 26 to 31? Maaaaaybe, but seems a bit of a stretch, frankly. But who knows? :shrug:

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/Mannybothanz/status/1165804917036060673

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

jng2058 posted:

Seems like it's around the same time as Alphabet Squadron, right after Endor and Jakku, but before the New Republic really gets going. So, maybe five to ten years after Yavin on the outside, which would make Sabine somewhere from 26 to 31? Maaaaaybe, but seems a bit of a stretch, frankly. But who knows? :shrug:

I just started that audiobook, i'm giving it a 100% shot of making me happy. No baggage. We'll see how it does.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mass effect 1 total conversion looking good

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Here's the quick look for Rise of the Skywalker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n1T3HxHd7Y

I know its not TV, but I'm sure season 2 of Resistance will have some links to it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I doubt it since everyone on the show should be deceased by the time of the movie based on Last Jedi

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Azhais posted:

I doubt it since everyone on the show should be deceased by the time of the movie based on Last Jedi

Most of the Rebels characters would be in their fifties

Ahsoka would be pushing 80

Thrawn would probably over over 100, but he's an alien, so...

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

jivjov posted:

Something to keep in mind with Clone Wars is that the creative team heard the complaints about the kiddy nicknames and Ashoka acting like a brat and immediately course corrected that; the problem was that they had a season and a half of episodes completely done before any of it aired, so you don't see Ashoka stop being annoying and Anakin stop calling her "Snips" until midway through season 2.

And yeah, as just mentioned, the time jump and costume change happens and then the show is absolutely firing on all cylinders
I wonder how much of the change to Ahsoka was based on fan feedback, and how much was just her planned character arc. Probably some mix of the two, I suppose.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Azhais posted:

Resistance happens at the same time as TFA and TLJ. Unless you've heard they're going to kill everyone at the end of this season.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I know its not TV, but I'm sure season 2 of Resistance will have some links to it.

I see B-wings!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

twistedmentat posted:

Resistance happens at the same time as TFA and TLJ. Unless you've heard they're going to kill everyone at the end of this season.

Can't really be happening at the same time as TLJ since we still see bb8 around. I'm just referring to the fact that they murdered the entire resistance in TLJ

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

BB8 goes with poe to jakku at the end of resistance s1. we see the star killer base sequence and then the Colossus flies off into hyper space at the same time TLJ is occurring. the resistance at dqar is what gets destroyed in TLJ. the resistance tv characters and poes black wing squadron are not present. resistance s2 will be concurrent with and go past TLJ. guarantee at least 1 episode will have them hear the transmission from crait.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

thats gonna own

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

DancinBrud posted:

I wonder how much of the change to Ahsoka was based on fan feedback, and how much was just her planned character arc. Probably some mix of the two, I suppose.

Yeah, definitely a blend. I have no doubt Ashoka growing up over the course of the war was a planned arc, but I get the distinct impression that the Filoni and co were pitching to a younger age bracket at first, either intending for the show to grow up with the viewers or just not correctly calling who would be tuning in week to week.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Azhais posted:

Can't really be happening at the same time as TLJ since we still see bb8 around. I'm just referring to the fact that they murdered the entire resistance in TLJ

Poe picks up BB8 and leaves the other Droid for Kaz, so after that episode it can be assumed that The first scenes of TFA are happening. Then we get the Hosian ganking which gives us exact time frame. So like not exactly the same time a TFA, but its close enough.

And we don't know if they killed the Entire Resistance, though I will agree that they are nearly destroyed at the end of TLJ, the majority of their command is gone and what we can assume is the bulk of their fleet is gone too.

Jerkface posted:

BB8 goes with poe to jakku at the end of resistance s1. we see the star killer base sequence and then the Colossus flies off into hyper space at the same time TLJ is occurring. the resistance at dqar is what gets destroyed in TLJ. the resistance tv characters and poes black wing squadron are not present. resistance s2 will be concurrent with and go past TLJ. guarantee at least 1 episode will have them hear the transmission from crait.

I could see an episode where they go to Crait, find the remains of the battle. I was thinking maybe the McGuffin for this season will be that fleet of ISDs we see. Kaz hears about a rumor of a giant cache of GCW ships and races to find the info before the FO does, and then in RotSW we have a line "a Resistance cell found the coordinates to these".

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Poe picks up BB8 and leaves the other Droid for Kaz, so after that episode it can be assumed that The first scenes of TFA are happening. Then we get the Hosian ganking which gives us exact time frame. So like not exactly the same time a TFA, but its close enough.

And we don't know if they killed the Entire Resistance, though I will agree that they are nearly destroyed at the end of TLJ, the majority of their command is gone and what we can assume is the bulk of their fleet is gone too.

I could see an episode where they go to Crait, find the remains of the battle. I was thinking maybe the McGuffin for this season will be that fleet of ISDs we see. Kaz hears about a rumor of a giant cache of GCW ships and races to find the info before the FO does, and then in RotSW we have a line "a Resistance cell found the coordinates to these".

If those four ships were the bulk of the Resistance fleet, I'm guessing things were pretty dire well before TLJ.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Madurai posted:

If those four ships were the bulk of the Resistance fleet, I'm guessing things were pretty dire well before TLJ.

It really sounds like the galaxy was "eh, whatever, we don't want to fight again" to the FO taking over, so the Resistance was really small and underfunded. Like in the books I've read that there's literally people going "you know the Empire was pretty good. Oh yea they may have committed a little genocide, but things were pretty good and peaceful! It was the Rebels that stirred things up". We see that in Resistance with Tam only remember her grandfather having a good job in a factory.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
It's seems the new canon is the New Republic was heavily disarming, remember the original Republic had to send out for an army. So with the Empire gone the Republic was returning to norm. Leia and her group were the only ones saying these FO guys aren't just taking over some small lovely outpost way far out but they are a huge organized threat gathering strength.

The Resistance wasn't government supported. But had some support from within the government.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Burning_Monk posted:

It's seems the new canon is the New Republic was heavily disarming, remember the original Republic had to send out for an army. So with the Empire gone the Republic was returning to norm. Leia and her group were the only ones saying these FO guys aren't just taking over some small lovely outpost way far out but they are a huge organized threat gathering strength.

The Resistance wasn't government supported. But had some support from within the government.

Yeah that fleet of about a dozen ships that got blown up with Hosnian Prime was literally the entire New Republic fleet. To avoid the appearance of become the Empire 2.0, the New Republic only had that token space force and instead remember systems relied on their own local forces for defense

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

If you sign up for a D23 general membership (free) you can get an offer for 33% off Disney+ FYI

I think it expires tomorrow so step to it

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Jerkface posted:

If you sign up for a D23 general membership (free) you can get an offer for 33% off Disney+ FYI

I think it expires tomorrow so step to it

It specifically gets you 3 years of service for the price of 2, and you have to pay the $140.xx up front.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

EW.com - The Mandalorian VS Trandoshans

Something looks off with their faces to me. Weird. We've seen other looks to Trandoshans in The Clone Wars, but something about these in live action makes them look more like Star Trek aliens than good ol' Bossk.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Teek posted:

EW.com - The Mandalorian VS Trandoshans

Something looks off with their faces to me. Weird. We've seen other looks to Trandoshans in The Clone Wars, but something about these in live action makes them look more like Star Trek aliens than good ol' Bossk.

The faces here are really flat and human-like. They’re more Gha Nackht (ugh) than Bossk. Really hoping these aren’t the only ones we see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Where are their snouts

Stop humanizing them and let them be reptile aliens

What's next, Bossk's disturbingly buxom trandoshan wife?