Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Powered Descent posted:

Giant pool of purple liquid latex. When it's go time, he just takes a dip, lets it dry, and puts the stripey panties on over it. Afterward, just peel off and discard.

This... actually makes a lot of sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wizard of Id

Wallace

Curtis

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

LMAO I really like that he's just been wearing dark sunglasses and Curtis assumed he was totally blind bc he's in a wheelchair. Mr. Shearer trolled you, Curtis.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

PetraCore posted:

LMAO I really like that he's just been wearing dark sunglasses and Curtis assumed he was totally blind bc he's in a wheelchair. Mr. Shearer trolled you, Curtis.

that's the Billingsley I know and love!!!!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Were we supposed to think he was blind this whole time? Because that never even occurred to me.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

Were we supposed to think he was blind this whole time? Because that never even occurred to me.

Sunglasses indoors all the time in a comic strip.

Cool biker dude? No
Yakuza enforcer? No
Ghost that Walkers? No
Blind.

It's clear visual shorthand.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Retail

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Julet Esqu posted:

Because the Luann universe is part of a classic Comics Time Freeze, it's hard to pinpoint exactly how long Luann has canonically been a college student, but probably around two or three semesters! She's ultra qualified!

It could be worse. Imagine Bernice trying her hand at being a TA. ...There's already been a story about that, hasn't it?

My Lovely Horse posted:

In theory that would be Michael's mom in this scenario but we all know the level of concern he can expect there

This whole scenario feels so contrived just to turn Michael off from this girl who asked him out.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Tiggum posted:

I think Curtis referred to him as blind once or twice, but that he's never said that about himself - basically Curtis made an assumption, probably because Mr. Shearer is visually disabled in another way.

Yes, blindness is not actually related to whether or not your legs work but people make weird assumptions about visibly disabled people.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack What the gently caress is this?

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm ....zit?

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Frazz

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

PetraCore posted:

I think Curtis referred to him as blind once or twice, but that he's never said that about himself - basically Curtis made an assumption, probably because Mr. Shearer is visually disabled in another way.

I went back and checked and you're right, but one of those times was also the strip where they played checkers. I'm not sure how that's supposed to have worked.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Star Wars continues its anti-droidism

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

King Aroo 4/28/53

Mark Trail 6/24-26/46

Mopsy 3/26/42

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I've got The Urge to read more classic They'll Do It Every Time. I was real sad when they finally axed the strip, I really missed their additions to the previous threads.

Angular Cyrus posted:

Mopsy 3/26/42

Hell yeah

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
the bus 2

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
My Dad is Dracula (3/13/19)

Pickles

Zits

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I love TDIET and I hope you're planning to make this a regular feature.

Yes, they are that way, Bern.

To you.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Julet Esqu posted:

I love TDIET and I hope you're planning to make this a regular feature.

To you.

Way to go Bern, your uncontrollable desire to poo poo on everything is the priority yet again. Also, Luann's hair looks like a cat is eating her head and I can't unsee it.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

If this were Foob or Dustin, the parent would say the kid's being incredibly stupid and wasteful to make them feel bad about themselves. But Jeremy's mom cares about her kid and probably explained that matching tattoos are a big decision to make in a relationship, so they should revisit that in a few years when their relationship's more stable.

Julet Esqu posted:

To you.

Has Tiffany ever torn down a person's confidence the way Bernice does back when they were in middle school or something? Because if folks hadn't told me that Tiff was the Mean Girl back then, then I would've assumed it was Bernice instead.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Angular Cyrus posted:

Mark Trail 6/24-26/46

My guess is Bob Woody "found out" because he was the reason Cherry's brother needed the money in the first place.

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Space constraints make the second punchline a little blunt. Originally it's the same tone as the first one.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Tiggum posted:

I went back and checked and you're right, but one of those times was also the strip where they played checkers. I'm not sure how that's supposed to have worked.
Curtis is not a smart boy.

I mean I assume actual checkers sets for the blind have a grid you can feel and something on the side or top of the pieces to show what side they are, but that seems like it'd be noticible.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Corto Maltese: Oh geez, time to exposit quick time, guys, or That's why you never double-cross a double-crosser. 'Cause then you get... all crossed-up, or Tristan is useless. again

And in today's Dieter Lumpen: Dieter and Magda go on the beat, or Well, I'm pretty sure you're in Manaus, Don Mauro, or Magda gets one over on Dieter

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I've got The Urge to read more classic They'll Do It Every Time. I was real sad when they finally axed the strip, I really missed their additions to the previous threads.
:hmmyes: Please keep posting it!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (Feb. 3, 2008)

Arlo and Janis Classic (Feb. 3, 1998)

Garfield Classic (Feb. 3, 1988)

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
janis :(

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Was it just the other day someone edited in a Janis minus Arlo strip?

I immediately felt sad for Janis since they're the very model of a believable, loving couple.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Bell_ posted:

Was it just the other day someone edited in a Janis minus Arlo strip?

I immediately felt sad for Janis since they're the very model of a believable, loving couple.

Yeah I was just thinking about that. Janis minus Arlo would feel so... so empty. She's an insecure person who gets really anxious about Arlo leaving her and I can't imagine her living without her perfect goofball husband. They occasionally have problems but they're real.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (Feb. 3, 1998)

"Looks like a sack of Salvation Army trash" is going in the lexicon

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Jan 1, 1951)

Oh hey! This one finally came up! :toot:

Calvin and Hobbes (Apr 12-13, 1986)

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
The Perishers (1983)

Beau Peep (1986)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

"name one penguin that's been arrested for spying" thank you I laughed

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

Also, I know I stopped posting it a long time ago, but it looks like Baby Blues might be introing ANOTHER kid.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Batman's Shameful Secret › Comic Strip Thread: My Uterus Just Denied Me Parole

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Heart

HaJ

Docks

Zip

Rip

Oh man, wait until Ripley's finds out about all the kooky things modern religions do! They'll have material for months!

Dick July 29-31, 1932

Midnight Oct. 11-13, 1943

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 28, 2019

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Boondocks? I have some bad news, hahahaha

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Bertelsköld was the name Kustaa Bertel, the hero of our last story, got when he became a nobleman. Apparently he named his son after Duke Bernhard who granted him that title.

Nancy

:3:

Dustin

That's actually pretty decent lawyer joke.

Mandrake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
https://mobile.twitter.com/petridishes/status/1166740441770991616