Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASN
Sep 11, 2001

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Using the Inna's build, I hit a groove where I wasn't expending charges of the dash. I freely admit I just copied the poo poo down and went to it, so I'm not even sure what's triggering that, but a quick look at my gear and stuff and I don't see anything that connects. Am I supposed to be able to basically dash without end if I'm doing something correctly here?

Did you have In-Geom as a weapon?

It reduces the cooldown of all abilities by 10 seconds for 15 seconds after killing an elite pack. It allows you to dash infinitely. Just need to kill an elite pack every 15 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Do you have Messerschmidt's Reaver or Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac active?

MR specifically was a a pleasant surprise, they just added "1 second off a random cool down per kill" in this patch. Now I just need ORZ to drop so I can plow through everything hilariously quickly.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

FFT posted:

MR specifically was a a pleasant surprise, they just added "1 second off a random cool down per kill" in this patch. Now I just need ORZ to drop so I can plow through everything hilariously quickly.

Most WDs run Grave Injustice passive for a good reason, it's hella strong. In fact, MR is even stronger because it isn't (I don't think) linked to your pickup radius.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Zenithe posted:

Most WDs run Grave Injustice passive for a good reason, it's hella strong. In fact, MR is even stronger because it isn't (I don't think) linked to your pickup radius.

I've got Inna's at nearly full strength and let me tell you, MR triggers off screen.

MR triggers off kills anywhere in the level you're on, in fact, based on the few runs I've done with others.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Using the Inna's build, I hit a groove where I wasn't expending charges of the dash. I freely admit I just copied the poo poo down and went to it, so I'm not even sure what's triggering that, but a quick look at my gear and stuff and I don't see anything that connects. Am I supposed to be able to basically dash without end if I'm doing something correctly here?

There is a fist weapon that makes dash free if you travel x distance with if before hitting an enemy. That might be doing it.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Zenithe posted:

I think MR only affects one skill per kill like Zodiac right? I feel Injustice is stronger even with the radius restriction since it works on everything at once.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Squirt's Necklace is quite awesome for a Wizard, I think it might even be preferable to Endless Walk now. Doing an Arcane Orb DMO build I can hit over 1.5 million shields between Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer, Galvanizing Ward, Barrier Blades, and the Deflection rune for MW, and this is hardly with optimal rolls. Don't need to occupy any jewelry slot with a set piece, so I can wear Unity, CoE and HFA all at the same time. Or drop MW for an armor and use one of the Halo rings. Or equip something like Flavor of Time for rifting. Lots of possibilities!

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I'm dumb, I know Zodiac is really good for pestilance build, but I can't figure out what exactly triggers it? Do corpses count as the resource?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

BrightWing posted:

I'm dumb, I know Zodiac is really good for pestilance build, but I can't figure out what exactly triggers it? Do corpses count as the resource?

If corpses don't use resource, Zodiac won't proc. "Reduce the remaining cooldown of one of your skills by 1 second when you hit with a resource-spending attack." An AoE curse that costs resource, or summoning skeletal mages / ordering skeletons to attack that spend resource, as long as they hit baddies, will help.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Oooohhhhh, that's why all the builds recommend command skelly. To get a bunch of procs from zodiac. Thank you.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
You're either using a In-geom weapon or you hit a Channeling Pylon in a rift.

Oh so this is why you need your coffee to set in before internet posting, a new page, cool!

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

FFT posted:

It was zodiac, thanks.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Damnit, RNG! Give me a Kyoshiro's Blade!

Why must we go through this every season? Is getting called out your kink?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kheldarn posted:

Trade you one of my four for a Rabid Strike. :sigh:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

BrightWing posted:

Oooohhhhh, that's why all the builds recommend command skelly. To get a bunch of procs from zodiac. Thank you.

Yeah, that's probably more to the point. I am not sure that the spender being used has to inflict damage though. I think it'll proc off curses for example. It's 1 sec given per cast though, and I think I read in the past that it'll only effect 1 skill on cooldown, RNG choice. So if say you do one AoE that hits 7 dudes, you aren't getting 7 seconds back, you're getting just one, and it'll go to one thing on cooldown, not all of them.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Trade you one of my four for a Rabid Strike. :sigh:

I've picked up six(!) of those. Along with seven or eight Lion's Claws.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kheldarn posted:

I've picked up six(!) of those. Along with seven or eight Lion's Claws.

Yeah, the best thing I've found so far is an ancient Crystal Fist, which admittedly is pretty nice for mitigating the "Inna's is super squish" factor, but I'd really like a Rabid Strike for the effective double damage.

E: an monk

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

5er posted:

Yeah, that's probably more to the point. I am not sure that the spender being used has to inflict damage though. I think it'll proc off curses for example. It's 1 sec given per cast though, and I think I read in the past that it'll only effect 1 skill on cooldown, RNG choice. So if say you do one AoE that hits 7 dudes, you aren't getting 7 seconds back, you're getting just one, and it'll go to one thing on cooldown, not all of them.

That's less exciting. Was hoping it and Messers combined would give me easy 100% LotD uptime. Would In-Geom work better?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, the best thing I've found so far is an ancient Crystal Fist, which admittedly is pretty nice for mitigating the "Inna's is super squish" factor, but I'd really like a Rabid Strike for the effective double damage.

I'm assuming you have Ring of Royal Grandeur cubed and the link just isn't showing it?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I'm assuming you have Ring of Royal Grandeur cubed and the link just isn't showing it?

Yeah, I think that's just a general bug with the d3 armory w.r.t. rorg being cubed.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

BrightWing posted:

That's less exciting. Was hoping it and Messers combined would give me easy 100% LotD uptime. Would In-Geom work better?

In-Geom, if you're that hot for uptime, is nice, but most of the best necromancer builds have absolute requisites for both weapon & cubeslot that put it out of the picture. Everything necro I've ever played has demanded shadowhook & fang.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

My sad monk

I've picked up two more Rabid Strikes, and another Lion's Claw, but still no damned Kyo. :argh:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

My sad monk

I've picked up two more Rabid Strikes, and another Lion's Claw, but still no damned Kyo. :argh:

Maybe I just get all the Kyoshiro's gear and Staves of Kyro because of my name. :v:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
anyone know how zei's stone interacts with marauder sentry attacks? does it use your distance to the target or that of the sentry's (or does the buff not apply to sentry attaks)?

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
Zei's Stone uses your character's distance from the target, not your pets.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Gizmo Chicken posted:

Zei's Stone uses your character's distance from the target, not your pets.

neat thanks

and something's definitely screwed up. i get the same hitches i mentioned with potato mode graphics.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Speaking of, how does this seasons "rings" gimmick work with pets? The Inna dudes for example, do they get the x2 power buff when they're only in the ring or do you just need to be standing in then run, then your guys are free to run around.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Almost 7 hours later, and I've had every fist 15+ times, except this.

WHY WON'T YOU LET ME GET FISTED, RNG? :argh:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

and something's definitely screwed up. i get the same hitches i mentioned with potato mode graphics.

think the culprit was nvidia's overlay. i had it turned off before.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Im_Special posted:

Speaking of, how does this seasons "rings" gimmick work with pets? The Inna dudes for example, do they get the x2 power buff when they're only in the ring or do you just need to be standing in then run, then your guys are free to run around.

It's the latter.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Inna's feels really strong but I'm already tired of bells and haven't found any reason to switch off.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
What do people prefer for the DH Impale set, in terms of an Impale Rune -- Overpenetration or Ricochet? Icey Veins recommends Overpenetration, but Ricochet generally seems to keep my Hatred at a higher level most of the time.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

McCoy Pauley posted:

What do people prefer for the DH Impale set, in terms of an Impale Rune -- Overpenetration or Ricochet? Icey Veins recommends Overpenetration, but Ricochet generally seems to keep my Hatred at a higher level most of the time.

In situations where enemies are not dying in a single hit, overpenetration combined with Karlei's point should be more than enough to keep hatred up. I haven't played impale for several seasons but Overpen was always the rune I took and I don't think much has changed.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I like Ricochet a lot more. Overpenetration was good in that one season where everyone had RoRG.

mewse
May 2, 2006

McCoy Pauley posted:

I always took overpen but I saw a video where bluddshed explained why he would take ricochet - something about how the lightning scatters but overpen is just a straight line, and he convinced me

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Almost 7 hours later, and I've had every fist 15+ times, except this.

WHY WON'T YOU LET ME GET FISTED, RNG? :argh:

Finally got it! Legoman had a T6 Rift with a pack of gobbos, and they dropped it for me. And here I'd been running T13 Rifts.

Thanks again, Legoman!

Now I just need a Gift to slot it, and lots of Cooldown on my gear...

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

What’s the best way to gear an alt, farm shards on the main and gamble? Want to go for the first tier of set dungeon wings, done dh wd and wiz so halfay there.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Leech off of someone, ideally someone playing your class so you can get twice the chance of what you are looking for.

If that's an option.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I thought the previous season's gimmick was pretty good for alts: you're almost guaranteed to have a couple of loose ancients that you can put on to get a basic build capable of doing at least T3 or something, and then from there you can farm up sets and upgrades directly instead of using your main as a channel

and in this sense, I was thinking the Nightmare jewel would let you do that again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

McCoy Pauley posted:

Ricochet is better at keeping your Hatred topped off. Overpenetration was preferable that one season where RoRG was made baseline because you could also take Frostburn Gauntlets, but that time has come and gone~~