Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lions cut Zach Zenner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Johnson & Johnson might be a RB thing for the Lions no lie

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Shelling out way too much money to go to the season opener with my Dad (also a Bears fan) and brother in law (Packers fan). I expect nightmares of last year's opener leading up to it.

Looking forward to what new and fun ways the Bears are going to gently caress this up and give my BIL more ammo.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Styles Bitchley posted:

Johnson & Johnson might be a RB thing for the Lions no lie

Don't forget Ty Johnson.

The Three-Headed Johnson Hydra at RB.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

fishing with the fam posted:

Shelling out way too much money to go to the season opener with my Dad (also a Bears fan) and brother in law (Packers fan). I expect nightmares of last year's opener leading up to it.

Looking forward to what new and fun ways the Bears are going to gently caress this up and give my BIL more ammo.

Packer fan in the Chicago area here. My coworker says that the Bears are going to shut-out the Packers and that Trubisky is going to be competing with Mahomes for MVP this year.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
yall sleepin on cj anderson who proves himself everywhere he goes. midseason all those other busters gonna be injured and cj will be there taking every single touch

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

Gonz posted:

Don't forget Ty Johnson.

Yeah I was thinking about Kerryon and Ty

Play posted:

yall sleepin on cj anderson who proves himself everywhere he goes. midseason all those other busters gonna be injured and cj will be there taking every single touch

Eh sounds like LeGarrette "Gets Rings" Blount and he went to Detroit to die.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this is a top ten cutler moment.
https://www.chicagobears.com/video/jay-cutler-ties-webb-s-shoe-8926028

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

LabyaMynora posted:

Packer fan in the Chicago area here. My coworker says that the Bears are going to shut-out the Packers and that Trubisky is going to be competing with Mahomes for MVP this year.

The former isn't completely out of the realm of possibility, but the latter sounds like something you'd come up with after a long hard session of heavy drinking while huffing diesel fumes.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Fenrir posted:

The former isn't completely out of the realm of possibility, but the latter sounds like something you'd come up with after a long hard session of heavy drinking while huffing diesel fumes.

Only if huffing those diesel fumes makes you prescient!

2019 MVP TRUBINSKY MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!

:v:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Fenrir posted:

i mean even the lions have shut-out the packers 2 years in a row

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

hello thread did anyone post this 11/10 jersey yet

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

LabyaMynora posted:

Same situation as you. For my Lions buddy who lives here beating the Packers four straight times has been his personal super bowl.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

IcePhoenix posted:

:perfect:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

IcePhoenix posted:

Amazing :golfclap:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Hot Diggity! posted:

Same situation as you. For my Lions buddy who lives here beating the Packers four straight times has been his personal super bowl.

It's crazy that's happened

Last 2 game win streak for bears over pack: both 07 games
Last 3 game: Dec 05, Dec 05, Sept 06
Last 4 game: part of a 8 game win streak from October 85 to Nov 88

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

It's crazy that's happened

Last 2 game win streak for bears over pack: both 07 games
Last 3 game: Dec 05, Dec 05, Sept 06
Last 4 game: part of a 8 game win streak from October 85 to Nov 88

Nearly three full games of Brett Hundley and Deshone Kizer at QB (last week of last season Rodgers started for some reason, then promptly got concussed) and one where Crosby missed 4 field goals in a game lost by 8. The Crosby game was hilarious because the bar I was at would laugh their asses off after every miss after the second. Everyone knew we were losing that one when McCarthy decided to keep kicking with an ice cold kicker.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Styles Bitchley posted:

Eh sounds like LeGarrette "Gets Rings" Blount and he went to Detroit to die.

A fair comparison from your perspective except Blount was clearly way more washed. I called that one from the start. He's 32 years old to Anderson's 28, that's a huge difference at the running back position. Anderson with Denver was a thousand yard rusher just two seasons back, then last year with the Rams dude averaged 7 yards per carry.

I love Kerryon but let's see if he can really take the load and finish the season with a bunch of carries. Anderson is already the number 2 back, ready to step in for whatever reason

Hot Diggity! posted:

Nearly three full games of Brett Hundley and Deshone Kizer at QB (last week of last season Rodgers started for some reason, then promptly got concussed) and one where Crosby missed 4 field goals in a game lost by 8. The Crosby game was hilarious because the bar I was at would laugh their asses off after every miss after the second. Everyone knew we were losing that one when McCarthy decided to keep kicking with an ice cold kicker.

I mean he can be forgiven for thinking that their veteran kicker would at some point step up and do his loving job and make a kick. No one expected him to miss 4, you're using the benefit of hindsight there

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Play posted:

I mean he can be forgiven for thinking that their veteran kicker would at some point step up and do his loving job and make a kick. No one expected him to miss 4, you're using the benefit of hindsight there

I'm using the benefit of watching the game. Green Bay had three drives stall within the Lions' 25 yard line, all ending with missed field goals, all with Green Bay playing from behind. Oh, he also missed a PAT. His only make came at the end of the game when it didn't matter. It wasn't his day, field goals weren't going to cut it anyway. Poor situational football was a cornerstone of McCarthy's tenure in Green Bay.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 28, 2019

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

If I was an NFL kicker I would simply not miss my field goals.

Seems pretty simple imo.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

I'm using the benefit of watching the game. Green Bay had three drives stall within the Lions' 25 yard line, all ending with missed field goals, all with Green Bay playing from behind. Oh, he also missed a PAT. His only make came at the end of the game when it didn't matter. It wasn't his day, field goals weren't going to cut it anyway. Poor situational football was a cornerstone of McCarthy's tenure in Green Bay.

So you would've gone for it on fourth down, is what you're saying? Were they even fourth and short?

I don't know, I can blame him for what getting the team into that situation but assuming your very talented and veteran kicker is going to keep missing isn't what most coaches would do. Most coaches would send the field goal team out again in those situations unless they were extremely favorable fourth downs.

Anyways, I'm really curious to see how the Packers' execution looks in the first new scheme in a long time. The team is a bit of a mystery as far as how it will all fit together, tons of new players and a new coaching staff. Definitely the most change we've seen in that organization for a long time

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Play posted:

So you would've gone for it on fourth down, is what you're saying? Were they even fourth and short?

I don't know, I can blame him for what getting the team into that situation but assuming your very talented and veteran kicker is going to keep missing isn't what most coaches would do. Most coaches would send the field goal team out again in those situations unless they were extremely favorable fourth downs.

Anyways, I'm really curious to see how the Packers' execution looks in the first new scheme in a long time. The team is a bit of a mystery as far as how it will all fit together, tons of new players and a new coaching staff. Definitely the most change we've seen in that organization for a long time

I was originally going to go on a tangent about how Crosby's a garbage kicker with barely above an 80% field goal rate, but then I saw that (in my mind rock solid) Ryan longwell had an 83% completion rate.

Makes me wonder why I consider Crosby a mediocre kicker.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

PneumonicBook posted:

I was originally going to go on a tangent about how Crosby's a garbage kicker with barely above an 80% field goal rate, but then I saw that (in my mind rock solid) Ryan longwell had an 83% completion rate.

He's fine. He had a REALLY bad 2012 season but has otherwise been fairly reliable. He's just streaky.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Nailing those two kicks against the Cowboys in the playoffs a few years back was clutch af.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

PneumonicBook posted:

League average the last few years is 84%. He's pretty much hovered right around that, being above average a couple years, and being below the last couple of years.

Minnesota had the worst team kicking last year with 68.8%, which I can't believe considering they play in a dome.

Guess who had the best at 97% make rate last year? Robbie Gould!

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 28, 2019

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Mods can we ban all mentions of the current Niners kicker in this thread.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/packers/status/1166778475329544198?s=19

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
After the 2014/15 NFCCG I would have never called for a field goal again.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
They are going to murder everybody, op.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Hot Diggity! posted:

Look buddy don't doxx me, I gotta deal with packers fans here somehow

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

I watched this game too and quite vividly recall being mad that Crosby missed those kicks because that would be the narrative, when it fact it made NO difference to the outcome because the Lions had it in hand and would have won if he made them all. Why? Because they wouldn't have taken their foot off the gas in the second half and just run the score up more if Crosby had gotten them in the lead. You can say the Lions would not have won that game if Rodgers was playing sure, but they were the better team that day and the blame for losing should not be on Crosby.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

One week til real football

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Fat Mike sent Crosby out for a 56 yard attempt when he was 0-3 on FG and 0-1 on XP attempts to that point, and I can only assume that that was some sort of cruel punishment.

Fortunately the Packers came prepared for their second game against the Lions, and sensibly crafted a gameplan around not attempting any kicks at all

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

tinstaach posted:

Fat Mike sent Crosby out for a 56 yard attempt when he was 0-3 on FG and 0-1 on XP attempts to that point, and I can only assume that that was some sort of cruel punishment.

Fortunately the Packers came prepared for their second game against the Lions, and sensibly crafted a gameplan around not attempting any kicks at all

I still can't believe Philbin played Rodgers, causing him to immediately suffer a concussion. Great coaching!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Hot Diggity! posted:

One week til real football

The NFC North, known home of real football

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Hot Diggity! posted:

I still can't believe Philbin played Rodgers, causing him to immediately suffer a concussion. Great coaching!

Philbin is somehow more of a putz than McCarthy

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hell yeah

Getting face value tickets for Lions @ Packers Monday night this October

Better not be a poo poo season

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Hell yeah

Getting face value tickets for Lions @ Packers Monday night this October

Better not be a poo poo season

I'll be there, first football game ever for me. My girlfriend is a Packer's fan and got me into this stupid loving team.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I'd been hoping to go see the Lions play in Phoenix, but unfortunately the timing didn't work out. Might be able to see them when I get back to Michigan in November, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

xbilkis posted:

Yeah between the Vikings and presumably Bears both going after him, that dude's career never stood a chance

https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1167223651101532160