Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

lol this came up on my timeline and I forgot they really did believe the queen was some secret remainer

John Major #dictatorship under HM Ruth would be the most surreal result.

Coohoolin posted:

My partner is taking me to the Glenfiddich festival next weekend and has asked me to please not tell anyone my favourite whiskey is Green Spot.

Guavanaut posted:

Jameson's was founded by a Scottish master distiller so you could call it a Scotch if you want to upset whisk(e)y nerds.

e: 224 apparently means 2day 2marrow 4ever. This is bad for Jeremy Corbyn.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Labour should put guillotining the royals in the next manifesto lol.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Coohoolin posted:

My partner is taking me to the Glenfiddich festival next weekend and has asked me to please not tell anyone my favourite whiskey is Green Spot.

Stop by the Glen Grant distillery in Rothes on the way to Dufftown, look at the garden, leave a positive review about it on Trip Advisor coz it's my dad who maintains it.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Guavanaut posted:

John Major #dictatorship under HM Ruth would be the most surreal result.

Green Spot isn't a Jamesons though?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

forkboy84 posted:

Stop by the Glen Grant distillery in Rothes on the way to Dufftown, look at the garden, leave a positive review about it on Trip Advisor coz it's my dad who maintains it.

Will try! Looking forward to getting hammered free whiskey and seeing Franz Ferdinand and *checks notes* Twin Atlantic play live.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Coohoolin posted:

No but if you're going to a Scottish whisky festival you should do that, rather than tell them about Green Spot.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

lol this came up on my timeline and I forgot they really did believe the queen was some secret remainer

https://twitter.com/MadeleinaKay/status/951237913265754113?s=20

"B-but how could she enable Brexit!? She wore the blue and yellow flower hat!"

Part 12 billion of the "British Media Is Trash" series;

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
UKMT September 2019: PARLIAMENT IS CANCELLED. NO REFUNDS

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Private Speech posted:

To be fair Scotland was like 2:1 remain, more in the bits that are not next to the border, so it's not entirely untrue.

Not sure this is true: IIRC Moray had the highest leave vote share by local authority, at 49.9%

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Labour should put guillotining the royals in the next manifesto lol.

thought that was already implied in the last one, sort of an unwritten acknowledgment

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
https://twitter.com/MrRichardMiller/status/1166722409346600960

Nice to see the Kennedy :brainworms: in action.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Where's the silly party when you need them?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Niric posted:

Not sure this is true: IIRC Moray had the highest leave vote share by local authority, at 49.9%

Well okay, the populated bits did anyway.

Still:

quote:

Scotland
Leave 38.0%
Remain 62.0%
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/eu_referendum/results

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Pesky Splinter posted:

Nice to see the Kennedy :brainworms: in action.

That's some extremely powerful :brainworms: God bless.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

hgahahahahahahaha "the queen was forced to do it"

imagine the mental gymnastics

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Ireland should peacefully invade the UK to set up a constitutional republic.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean it's sort of true in that the queen isn't supposed to actually think when doing any of the things she does but if anything that begs the question of what the monarchy is even for.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Holy loving poo poo bojo asks for a suspension of parliment

Is trump going to tweet "uk great stuff wish i had a queen to suspend congress to build a wall johnson great. Us meat wonderful'

E:looks like im 6 hrs late to the fascism party :smith:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

OwlFancier posted:

I mean it's sort of true in that the queen isn't supposed to actually think when doing any of the things she does but if anything that begs the question of what the monarchy is even for.

I think if you lick her hand it cures scrofula, or something. But if we only need her hands, then she doesn't need to keep her head... :thunk:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

letting a bunch of 60+ year old white people believe in santa claus[1]

[1]: santa claus here being the dream of a british empire

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Charles would've never let this happen!!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chuka Umana posted:

charles el hechizado maybe

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Chuka Umana posted:

"What are you doing my son?"

Charles draws the knife

"Succeeding you"

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
^^^
[e]: :lol:

bump_fn posted:

imagine the mental gymnastics

It's the same sort they exercise when it's "Jeremy Corbyn is useless as the opposition", right next to "Jeremy Corbyn is refusing to push the STOP BREXIT button himself."

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

I wonder if Boris deliberately timed the request to make sure it was on Fox and Friends, a far more reliable way of making sure Trump knows about it than actually calling him.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Chuka Umana posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSob-Pyj6pM&t=138s

(well worth seeing if you can find Charles III, good movie that)

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Private Speech posted:

Well okay, the populated bits did anyway.

Still:

So this all piqued my curiosity. Central Belt confirmed as the best. Apart from Falkirk, for some reason. Not sure what's going on there as it's not exactly farming/fishing heavy like the North and South West.
Also, the Midlands is really, really crap.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

More brainworms than an episode of The Strain. And the moral of that story is that nukes will solve all our problems, meaning that the gammons were right all along.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Sorry, non-native speaker here. What the hell is “she’ll have been”? As in, it’ll happen in the future that she will be seen as being forced to do it in the past?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
loving double :brainworms: and double :lol:
https://twitter.com/EmmaKennedy/status/1166717636853604354

(In case she deletes it)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Niric posted:

Also, the Midlands is really, really crap.
You don't need a map to know that.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Mokotow posted:

Sorry, non-native speaker here. What the hell is “she’ll have been”? As in, it’ll happen in the future that she will be seen as being forced to do it in the past?

"She will have been"

You're basically right.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

You don't need a map to know that.

:hmmyes:

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Mokotow posted:

On future investigation, evidence will show that she was at that time forced to do it. So, yeah.

It's a weird construction, English is weird.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

floofyscorp posted:

On future investigation, evidence will show that she was at that time forced to do it. So, yeah.

It's a weird construction, English is weird.

Well, that’s one hell of foresight I guess.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I guess that's possibly a bit of a strange thought on the face of it but yeah, "in the future we will look back and come to this conclusion"

Rather than "she will be" which means the same thing, basically.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Death to America

seizure later posted:

looking forward to doing a bit of looting during the upcoming Tottenham Court Riots 2: No Deal Brexit 4 U. anyone got any suggestions on where the best swag is?

Buckingham palace

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/ArglesJon/status/1166715143906107393?s=20

cormac
Dec 18, 2005

Coohoolin posted:

It's made in the Jameson Distillery, along with Paddy, Powers, Yellow Spot, Redbreast, and Midleton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I am shocked and appalled at people joking about killing our Royals. I have always suggested instead forcing them to live on a council estate in Doncaster instead where their lives are filmed 24 hours a day.

Tonight on Keeping Up With The Royals, an emotional reunion as Harry joins Andrew in prison following his sentence for stealing a washing line after his last benefit sanction, and Phil causes the fire brigade to be called out to his bungalow again after an unsuccessful attempt to prepare a Fray Bentos pie and Happy Shopper tinned potatoes for Liz's birthday.