Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Has the royal family ever gone against the wishes of the PM/parliament because I cannot remember that ever happening.

These pundits might as well have been writing about how hopeful they are that molemen will emerge from the earth and help establish negotiations with their mind control guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pigbuster posted:

Has the royal family ever gone against the wishes of the PM/parliament because I cannot remember that ever happening.

I mean there was that one time that made quite the stir.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Saros posted:

"She will have been"

You're basically right.

Yeah I had never thought about it before but a polish guy I worked with explained to me how confusing it was for him to learn "future perfect continuous tense" - "In one month, I will have been going to my yoga class for 5 years". Apparently that's not a tense that exists in a bunch of other languages.

When you think about it "Will have been going to" is confusing as poo poo because:
"I will" is future tense.
"I will have" is future tense.
"I have" is past or present tense depending on context ("I have a broken leg" or "I have broken my leg at some point in the past").
"I have been" is past tense.
"I am going to" can be present or future tense i.e. "I am going to bed" can be an action you are performing at this very moment or "I am going to die before I get to retire" is future tense.
And mashing the whole thing together means that at some point in the future, the (then) past you will have been doing a thing and are continuing to do it in the present (which will actually be the future). And you have to get it all in the right order and use it in the right context.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Does this mean Boris can order things without approval now?
So my theory that a few thousand squaddies dumped on the NI border at the last minute may come true?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Johnson wants to leave the UK on halloween, do you guys think he will be wearing a costume when he delivers the news?

Hoping he wears an einsatzgruppen uniform so he can appease the opposition during this time of NEW BRITAIN

an angry penguin
Oct 12, 2007

We are so hosed.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

happyhippy posted:

Does this mean Boris can order things without approval now?
So my theory that a few thousand squaddies dumped on the NI border at the last minute may come true?

I hear the PSNI is already painting the Tangis grey again :laugh:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Niric posted:

So this all piqued my curiosity. Central Belt confirmed as the best. Apart from Falkirk, for some reason. Not sure what's going on there as it's not exactly farming/fishing heavy like the North and South West.
Also, the Midlands is really, really crap.

They done a study in Liverpool and found that there was a direct correlational between the city's boycott of the Sun and a massive increase in support for remain.

It's still unclear as to how this means Russia was definitely to blame, though.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Let's see, leaving the EU on Halloween, a day when thousands have a legitimate reason for wearing masks and are pissed off about the whole situation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamKl-su8PE

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Niric posted:

So this all piqued my curiosity. Central Belt confirmed as the best. Apart from Falkirk, for some reason. Not sure what's going on there as it's not exactly farming/fishing heavy like the North and South West.

Falkirk is a garbage place full of garbage people. Source : I'm from Falkirk.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Tsietisin posted:

Let's see, leaving the EU on Halloween, a day when thousands have a legitimate reason for wearing masks and are pissed off about the whole situation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamKl-su8PE

This seems like a really dumb decision actually. He should have left christmas day so people would be trapped in two sizes too small clothing and couldnt fight back without busting a seam

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pigbuster posted:

These pundits might as well have been writing about how hopeful they are that molemen will emerge from the earth and help establish negotiations with their mind control guns.

Once you realise the liberal commentators are all the artillery man from War of the Worlds trying to dig a ditch to make an underground world where it's always 2012 the world becomes much clearer.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
So, realistically, what's going to happen on Monday when Parliament sits? Bercow has made it clear that time will be provided, right? Is there any sort of legislation that could be passed to stop this?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

cormac posted:

It's made in the Jameson Distillery, along with Paddy, Powers, Yellow Spot, Redbreast, and Midleton.

It's delish, as well as Redbreast 12. Writers Tears is also good

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Aramoro posted:

Falkirk is a garbage place full of garbage people. Source : I'm from Falkirk.

The Falkirk wheel is great fun if you enjoy seeing people being completely incapable of understanding the archimedes principle.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao https://twitter.com/Fergal/status/1166699361667100675?s=20

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Can you guys hurry up and kill the queen so we can off the governor general? tia

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

:laffo:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Her lawyers made her Heil Hitler.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

I'm dead. :laffo:

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/BoJosCatamite/status/1166667151714988032?s=20

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu
Cant wait to die throwing my useless self at fash during the upcoming civil unrest/war.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
If FBPEs are in favour of a republic I'm not sure I want one any more. They're bound to find a way to make it poo poo. Probably they aren't even going to open the palaces up as free accommodation for people who need it.

e: Actually I doubt they'd confiscate the royals' wealth or even titles, it'll be a purely constitutional change so they can carry on fawning over Her Maj and Wills and Kate without having to think about it any further.

big scary monsters fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 28, 2019

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

I'm sure Boris and Betty are changing their pants hourly now. So many opportunities!

MI6 Dusting off the good old murdersquads in NI

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Legit don't know why he hid Otto English twitter handle considering he's a journalist

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm in France until Tuesday with barely any internet it's real good lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The Falkirk wheel is great fun if you enjoy seeing people being completely incapable of understanding the archimedes principle.
#Floating Boats Potential Energy brainworms.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

UKMT: Ah gently caress, I Can't Believe You've Done This

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
No Monster Raving Looney party request to meet HRH yet? For shame

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

big scary monsters posted:

If FBPEs are in favour of a republic I'm not sure I want one any more. They're bound to find a way to make it poo poo. Probably they aren't even going to open the palaces up as free accommodation for people who need it.

e: Actually I doubt they'd confiscate the royals' wealth or even titles, it'll be a purely constitutional change so they can carry on fawning over Her Maj and Wills and Kate without having to think about it any further.

It'll be this OP

Guavanaut posted:

changing the corporate branding from Crown to People and having the Lord President as head of state is doable with just paperwork.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Bardeh posted:

So, realistically, what's going to happen on Monday when Parliament sits? Bercow has made it clear that time will be provided, right? Is there any sort of legislation that could be passed to stop this?

Speaking from sheer ignorance there's always a chance of putting forward a VONC. Not entirely convinced that would pass, and I'm not sure how that works in regards to prorogation if it does.

ATM, Bercow's only put out a general statement, no idea if there's anything actually legislative to halt this, I'd imagine he's looked into it though. We'll see I guess :shrug:

Gonzo McFee posted:

Her lawyers made her Heil Hitler.

:lol:

Double :lol:

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011
Looking forward to the coming general strike, and the decision of half the UK Marxism thread posters to cross picket lines in order to really show it to some FBPE tweetwoman.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

radmonger posted:

Looking forward to the coming general strike, and the decision of half the UK Marxism thread posters to cross picket lines in order to really show it to some FBPE tweetwoman.

????

Love to criticise imaginary people for the things they will hypothetically do in the future because reasons

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

It’s a shame parliament bottled voting no confidence in July when Johnson took power.
But alas, no one could have foreseen he’d do this thing that he and his circle of Raab and Cumming etc had been talking up doing for months before.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

radmonger posted:

im looking forward to scottish indie ref 2 with 90% of the thread saying its racism to want to leave bojo britane

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Niric posted:

the Midlands is in the centre of the Venn diagram of "utterly hosed over by austerity" and "enough immigrants to make them a plausible scapegoat"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Cerv posted:

It’s a shame parliament bottled voting no confidence in July when Johnson took power.
But alas, no one could have foreseen he’d do this thing that he and his circle of Raab and Cumming etc had been talking up doing for months before.

thats whats getting me, this cant be a surprise to anyone, theyve said theyll do this for ages and still parliament appears to have no plan.

and also it doesnt change the arithmetic that much... its still VONC bojo or NDB as it has been since he got in. its just now the pressure to VONC is even greater

parliament will bottle it though

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
A general strike assumes Boris is interested in running a functional country. When has he given the slightest indication of that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
VONC VONC VONC i scream as i shrink and etc

At this point we're not going to be able to stop this without a revolution, are we?

We're so hosed.