Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I hate having to repeat this but everyone is stupid so here we go.

Trump won the election thanks to 80k people in three states, a mid sized college sports stadium's worth of subhuman chuds
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/12/01/donald-trump-will-be-president-thanks-to-80000-people-in-three-states/

the flood of memes and stupid poo poo coming out of that one st. petersburg troll farm could easily be tied to convincing 80k retards to vote for trump, Since trump voters are retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

FRINGE posted:

That was the idea. Somehow giving a fake light sentence to Epstein made everyone else involved untouchable. Because they said so.

https://www.courthousenews.com/epstein-victims-ask-court-to-nullify-florida-plea-deal/

Yeah but this turned out to actually not bind any other office and they all looked the other way for years until finally going after him. It was a huge part of the arrest this summer!!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

old beast lunatic posted:

Trump won the election thanks to 80k people in three states, a mid sized college sports stadium's worth of subhuman chuds
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/12/01/donald-trump-will-be-president-thanks-to-80000-people-in-three-states/

the flood of memes and stupid poo poo coming out of that one st. petersburg troll farm could easily be tied to convincing 80k retards to vote for trump, Since trump voters are retarded.

Please take your conspiracy theories to the conspiracy theory thread, thanks.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Woozy posted:

its exactly the opposite logic. its your logic, i.e., that circumstances have something to do with outcomes

There is a difference between using crime statistics to show tendency to violence and referring to studies that show the wealthy have a higher tendency towards selfish/immoral behavior. The former is using a bad proxy to attempt to show a link, while the latter actually has some scientific credibility.

edit: To be clear, this doesn't excuse them, but rather the opposite - it shows that you have to ensure no one becomes rich (and probably do something to remove the threat caused by those who have already had their minds poisoned by the experience of being rich).

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 17:38 on Aug 28, 2019

Serf
May 5, 2011

how come the democrats couldn't overcome 80k people convinced by one troll farm? could it be that they ran a candidate who was lovely and didn't inspire people?

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You have to be a real naive idiot to not understand the sheer scale of criminality that rich people get themselves involved in, from tax evasion to money laundering, fraud, wage theft, and that's way before you even start scratching the surface of the elite pedophile rings. Nobody comes by a fortune honestly.

do they come by their fortunes from raping teenagers? why are you being so dense? i have no interest in exculpating the rich. my point is that the sort of person who fucks teenage prostitutes is at least as likely to be poor as rich, and if they're psychotic they are vastly more likely to be poor, and anyway there's no obvious connection between wealth and sex crime beyond the (extremely suspicious and media-furnished) narrative that epstein was, actually, a totally ordinary human possessed of ordinary sexual proclivities but unusually expansive means. this just so happens to be the story his friends and defenders are selling, which is weird/not at all weird depending on how you think of it

like i dont see that its the least bit honorable to deliberately become a deluded, reality-immune, contrarian, moron for the sole purpose of elevating your moral posture against the ruling class, which appears to be the turn this thread and maybe the whole era of political discourse has generally taken. how much ammo do you really need to stockpile, here?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Woozy posted:

do they come by their fortunes from raping teenagers? why are you being so dense? i have no interest in exculpating the rich. my point is that the sort of person who fucks teenage prostitutes is at least as likely to be poor as rich, and if they're psychotic they are vastly more likely to be poor, and anyway there's no obvious connection between wealth and sex crime beyond the (extremely suspicious and media-furnished) narrative that epstein was, actually, a totally ordinary human possessed of ordinary sexual proclivities but unusually expansive means. this just so happens to be the story his friends and defenders are selling, which is weird/not at all weird depending on how you think of it

like i dont see that its the least bit honorable to be deliberately become a deluded, reality-immune, contrarian, moron for the sole purpose of elevating your moral posture against the ruling class, which appears to be the turn this thread and maybe the whole era of political discourse has generally taken. how much ammo do you really need to stockpile, here?

imagine being this loving stupid lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Woozy posted:

do they come by their fortunes from raping teenagers?

Jeffrey Epstein had a half a billion dollar fortune only because he was pimping teenagers to other rich people.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Jeffrey Epstein had a half a billion dollar fortune only because he was pimping teenagers to other rich people.

literally got his money by blackmailing/suppling les wexner with kids to gently caress

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I don't think Woozy has any real sense of proportionality at all.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Woozy posted:

if they're psychotic they are vastly more likely to be poor

This right here is precisely why you are a joke. You have such a naive outlook on both mental illness and humanity at large that you can only imagine rapists and murders as genuinely non-human. It's specifically this sort of thinking that allows people like Epstein and Ted Bundy to thrive in society.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Woozy posted:

like i dont see that its the least bit honorable to deliberately become a deluded, reality-immune, contrarian, moron for the sole purpose of elevating your moral posture against the ruling class, which appears to be the turn this thread and maybe the whole era of political discourse has generally taken. how much ammo do you really need to stockpile, here?

incredible

Serf
May 5, 2011

this is exactly the same line of thinking as the "calling billionaires pedophiles is queerphobic" bullshit

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

If you want to talk about foreign governments interfering in elections, including the 2016 presidential election, Israel performed and continues to perform exponentially more (both quantitatively and qualitatively) interference than Russia since at least the fall of the Soviet Union.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Serf posted:

how come the democrats couldn't overcome 80k people convinced by one troll farm? could it be that they ran a candidate who was lovely and didn't inspire people?

yeah it'd be stupid to ignore the DNC's fuckups, the reason it only took 80,000 people to swing critical EVs was because HRC was a universally reviled overreach candidate cashing in every favor she accumulated over a lifetime

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Is the "rich pedophiles ring" a false flag engineered by pedophiles of more modest means to divert public attention?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Do yall really think there's a connection between the 2016 election and Epstein?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
If ad buys translate into votes why did Hillary lose when she spent $450,000,000 more than Trump? None of this is adding up at all. 🤔🤔🤔

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Calibanibal posted:

Do yall really think there's a connection between the 2016 election and Epstein?

Well there's a connection in that both of the candidates are very close friends of Jeffrey Epstein.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
this thread is conspicuously ignoring the preowned Lexus dealer cabal of pedophiles who hang out at the Moose Lodge :thunk:

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Calibanibal posted:

there's several.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i thought we ran out the Epstein truthers

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Pizzagate is a working class conspiracy

Johnny Red
Aug 15, 2019
yeah, if you're fantastically wealthy under the capitalist mode of production, your wealth is, at the very least, guaranteed to be sourced from the exploitation of another's labour. this isn't defined as a crime under our current system, but it is criminal. most likely you are also engaging in, at the very least, actual whitecollar crimes as defined by today's law. and, i mean, the cia is connected to drug trafficking, imperialists fund terrorists and destabilize entire states for the benefit of capital back home, and the corporate media is willing to sandbag a freaking child sex trafficking story. the entire system is criminal. rich people are criminal.

the ruling class have the benefit of defining what is and is not a crime, access to resources and connections that the vast majority of the population could only dream of, reflexive institutional and ideological protection... there are so many tools that the capitalist system uses to normalize and otherwise coverup the transgressions of the ruling class. it is also their system that creates the very conditions under which the most exploited in society are lead to criminal behaviour. overall, letting the rich off the hook for being criminals is just a bit lame, really.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Woozy posted:

and if they're psychotic they are vastly more likely to be poor

Rich psychos are less likely to be diagnosed as such because they can be reasonably functional in a situation where they have the power to define the world around themselves.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

wtf is this lib poo poo in cspam

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

sleeptalker posted:

Rich psychos are less likely to be diagnosed as such because they can be reasonably functional in a situation where they have the power to define the world around themselves.

21% of CEOs were found to be psychopaths in a study, vs 1% of the general population. And you have to figure if you're both a CEO and a psychopath there's a decent chance you could fool a test so it's probably actually much higher.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/13/1-in-5-ceos-are-psychopaths-australian-study-finds/

Johnny Red
Aug 15, 2019
another somewhat relevant article

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/07/power-causes-brain-damage/528711/

the atlantic posted:

The historian Henry Adams was being metaphorical, not medical, when he described power as “a sort of tumor that ends by killing the victim’s sympathies.” But that’s not far from where Dacher Keltner, a psychology professor at UC Berkeley, ended up after years of lab and field experiments. Subjects under the influence of power, he found in studies spanning two decades, acted as if they had suffered a traumatic brain injury—becoming more impulsive, less risk-aware, and, crucially, less adept at seeing things from other people’s point of view.

Johnny Red has issued a correction as of 18:35 on Aug 28, 2019

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

quote:

"And eventually, there aren't any real people left. Just robots pretending to give a poo poo."

"Perhaps. Depends on the population dynamics, among other things. But I'd guess that at least one thing an automaton lacks is empathy; if you can't feel, you can't really relate to something that does, even if you act as though you do. Which makes it interesting to note how many sociopaths show up in the world's upper echelons, hmm? How ruthlessness and bottom-line self-interest are so lauded up in the stratosphere, while anyone showing those traits at ground level gets carted off into detention with the Realists. Almost as if society itself is being reshaped from the inside out."

"Oh, come on. Society was always pretty— wait, you're saying the world's corporate elite are nonsentient?"

"God, no. Not nearly. Maybe they're just starting down that road. Like chimpanzees."

"Yeah, but sociopaths don't blend in well."

"Maybe the ones that get diagnosed don't, but by definition they're the bottom of the class. The others are too smart to get caught, and real automatons would do even better. Besides, when you get powerful enough, you don't need to act like other people. Other people start acting like you."

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm the volcel cabal

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Lordy thank God I've been too busy to waddle into this thread. The poor are more criminal than the rich.... that's a huge LMAO my guys. Like why even engage that absurd argument?

e: You don't even need to change the definition of crimes or anything like that dummies
e2: I've had millionaires complain directly to me, in my face, about the RICO act. lmao

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 18:42 on Aug 28, 2019

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Trump is waiting for hurricane Dorian to go over little saint James so he can nuke the island and hide all evidence

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

wow that guy woozy sure is a creepy little bootlicker huh

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Ace of Baes posted:

21% of CEOs were found to be psychopaths in a study, vs 1% of the general population. And you have to figure if you're both a CEO and a psychopath there's a decent chance you could fool a test so it's probably actually much higher.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/13/1-in-5-ceos-are-psychopaths-australian-study-finds/

I remember interning as a computer toucher at a finance firm and they had VP's do these little talks for all the interns, and it was all sorts of great. The CFO, I think it was, talked all about how he was teaching his kids to pay attention to all of the little things about a person so that they could manipulate the person, and also talked about how he had written legislation that had gotten passed, and that it was a thing everyone did because you had to close off the ways that you made a bunch of money or else other people would do them too. He was probably the worst, but still, those talks were always fun

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing

you’re conflating what Cambridge Analytica did with what Russia “did”. cambridge figured out roughly which precincts they needed to flip those three states and very efficiently spent facebook ad money, but it wasn’t st. petersburg made hillary memes they were posting, they were just normal attack ads.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

[while browsing a thread stuffed full of evidence proving wealthy people use their wealth to commit hideous sexual abuses against children and also traffic, pimp, and sell those children to other wealthy people, so they all remain part of the wealthy elite and can use their shared secrets to enhance their wealth and/or blackmail other wealthy people, while being protected by law enforcement and intelligence agencies because they are wealthy]:

Woozy posted:

there's no obvious connection between wealth and sex crime

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
just code up a web player to stream the entirety of Salo whenever the forums are open already

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

In Salo there's only one rule: love is forbidden.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
yeah some real dumb loving takes and derails itt

Stanford prison experiment- good or bad???? what even happened there????

rich people =. ?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Let's get back to the important poo poo:

Were there actually tunnels under the McMartin preschool?

Was Henry Lee Lucas actually trained in some battle camp in the Everglades?

Why the hell did W give clemency to Henry Lee Lucas? What's the normie explanation?

Regulus74 posted:

The difficult thing about reading something like Programmed to Kill is that even the sensationalist parts and the instances of bunk data don't do anything to soften the blow. If anything, knowing the context around those citation needed moments makes things worse.

There are a number of studies in chapter 2 for instance that since 2004 have been proven to be essentially outright lies about trafficking numbers but the fact remains that there really is no acceptable number of trafficked children, it doesn't matter if it's 60 rather than 600,000. And then when you look at the context of why those overblown numbers even exist - to entice funding for NGOs and the prison industrial complex to incarcerate everyone but the loving traffickers and wealthy rapists - it's somehow even more disgusting.

That book is like fractal in the ways it will just smash you in the face with how much disdain the ruling class has for the rest of the world.

This is 100% correct.