Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I really hope Toga keeps the eyepatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mulderman posted:

Edit: Also Geten is totally going to be Rei's younger sister who went gently caress superhero society after her big sister was forcefully married off to Endeavor.

If this is the case then Geten joined a society that would actively encourage this type of poo poo as the whole ethos of quirk libertarians is gently caress those without power.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Hunt11 posted:

If this is the case then Geten joined a society that would actively encourage this type of poo poo as the whole ethos of quirk libertarians is gently caress those without power.

Reminder that a few chapters ago, Geten was killing a bunch of their own troops while trying to take out Dabi and the Twice army while shouting about "survival of the fittest" and "might makes right" and bullshit like that. If they are related to Rei, then chances are they either approved of Endeavor's methods, or thinks he didn't go far enough.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Reminder that a few chapters ago, Geten was killing a bunch of their own troops while trying to take out Dabi and the Twice army while shouting about "survival of the fittest" and "might makes right" and bullshit like that. If they are related to Rei, then chances are they either approved of Endeavor's methods, or thinks he didn't go far enough.
If this happens, I'm assuming it's not going to be Todoroki who has to take down his lovely auntcle, since that would probably inspire some kind of twisted pride in them.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Alright, I have a theory that I just wanna share that some other people thought at the very least sounded cool or interesting.

It's a pet theory of mine ever since Ujiko was revealed, about Compress's robot arm and a replacement. But what could replace that?

A special Nomu.

The theory was that Ujiko had a special kind of Nomu that could fuse with human flesh/DNA, and add Quirks to a baseline human while integrating with it so that existing Quirks are not affected negatively, and even could be improved.

For example, after transplanting a new arm onto Compress, not only would he be able to use his Quirk with his new arm, but the arm would also be stronger and sturdier than his old one.

With the new reveals of Toga having lost an eye, Shigaraki a few fingers, and even Rikiya losing his legs, I could see them getting transplants to replace them (Rikiya's being a "favor" that makes him more in debt and more of a butt-kisser in the core group's favor).

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Mulderman posted:

Uhm.....

Edit: Also Geten is totally going to be Rei's younger sister who went gently caress superhero society after her big sister was forcefully married off to Endeavor.

The thirst for heroes to actually bad in this thread is insane lol

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheKingslayer posted:

Endeavor is bad, though. The manga is not subtle about this. What you quoted in that post about him and Rei is what we actually saw happen; it's only Geten being connected that's speculation.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Has geten been revealed to be a woman? Did I miss that?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
The lieutenants on stage, one in parka is Geten.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

TheKingslayer posted:

I don't get it..?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
If Tomura has lost some fingers, can he not use his quirk with that hand?

Professor Wayne fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 26, 2019

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Kingtheninja posted:

Has geten been revealed to be a woman? Did I miss that?
In that big two page spread introducing the Paranormal Liberation Front, they're the one with the big coat and long white hair.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Professor Wayne posted:

Given how he could make a field of disintegration I don’t think it matters at this point

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

thetoughestbean posted:

Given how he could make a field of disintegration I don’t think it matters at this point

I think his power still depends on spreading via contact. It's just that now it's contagious.

Professor Wayne posted:

He was still able to do a little bit of injury to Re-Destro with his injured hand. So it's weaker, but it still works.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

As long as all fingers make contact, Decay occurs

Overall number of fingers isn't specified

Clearly Shiggy needs to remove all his fingers save one on each hand then go around poking people repeatedly

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All quirk users are related to endeavor

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Also I am too

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
How are the family reunions?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Supersonic Shine posted:

The date picking are very slim

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

Imagine this:

But with way more people.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Those might be my favorite panels in the manga.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Junpei posted:

IS GETEN A BOY OR A GIRL

Yes.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Getens an atrractive person?
gently caress

GIVE ME MY YETI
100% SASQUATCH

BIIIIIGFÒOOOOOOOOOT

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Geten is a female

Hori always draws girls with bottom lashes to set them apart from the boys

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1165740307348017152

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Haven't really looked at this thread since the sir gentle arc.

How is the fan base receiving this current arc?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nonexistence posted:

Haven't really looked at this thread since the sir gentle arc.

How is the fan base receiving this current arc?

My Villain Academia is probably the best arc in the entire manga.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It reads a lot better in one sitting instead of anxiously waiting week-to-week as well

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Male Tsuyu is even more adorable.

It shouldn't be possible.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sephyr posted:

Male Tsuyu is even more adorable.

It shouldn't be possible.

Rock Lee's lovely cousin.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fem Bakugou is just his mom.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Rock Lee's lovely cousin.

Hey!

Unlike Rock Lee, Tsuyu wins fights and gets development.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sephyr posted:

Hey!

Not really.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Arist posted:

Not really.

Ya rly

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sephyr posted:

Hey!

Rock lee manages to be cool and fun even without development and victorys.

Shame about the frog tho.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
tsuyu has done way more than all the other girls up until the hideout raid, even with jiro and uraraka showing out last arc I still think tsuyu has done the most

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

drjuggalo posted:

tsuyu has done way more than all the other girls up until the hideout raid, even with jiro and uraraka showing out last arc I still think tsuyu has done the most
Yeah but if we use actual evidence from the comic how can we keep saying she's an overrated nothing character who doesn't contribute to the manga?

Tsuyu Haters :frog:

EDIT: note that she has also done more after the hideout raid since she had the best showing in the A vs B matches

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
after re-reading the round 1 fight i forgot tsuyu carries her team and also leads it so she's still the best girl in 1-a by far in terms of shonen

drjuggalo fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 29, 2019

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

drjuggalo posted:

after re-reading the round 1 fight i forgot tsuyu carries her team and also leads it so she's still the best girl in 1-a by far in terms of shonen

Indeed.

Though Creati is a good #2 because she's my favorite unrealistic fantasy trope: Absurdly wealthy person that is actually fun and well-intentioned.

I mean, Quirks are one thing, but my disbelief can only be suspended so far!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Hagakure fans confuse me. I don't see why people like her so much.

ba-dum-tis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

drjuggalo posted:

Tsuyu also got kicked through a wall by Hank McCoy and still managed to recover win the match. Froppy is tough.

Jirou did well in her match too, and Uraraka was the MVP of the last match while Ashido ended it with a sick shoryuken.

Really, it was only Momo and Hagakure who disappointed in that arc.