Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how can you steal what wasnt there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Flaskraven posted:

That conspiracy never made sense to me. Wouldn't Al-Qaida just put him in front of a camera and say "look how stupid the US are! They didn't even kill him. Fake news." Unless he was already dead ofc.

There are so many options here. Al Qaeda is a US operation. Bin Laden is an intelligence asset, they didn't kill him, they just picked him up.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Flaskraven posted:

That conspiracy never made sense to me. Wouldn't Al-Qaida just put him in front of a camera and say "look how stupid the US are! They didn't even kill him. Fake news." Unless he was already dead ofc.

Duh, the government turned him and now the Deep State using his diabolical plotting skills to plan false flag attacks like in El Paso.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Joementum posted:

Felix is going to be busy in the next few weeks.

How about I write the million names of dead Iraqi innocents next to a drawing of a penis going into Dan Crenshaw's eye socket instead?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

remember when people did argue bin laden was dead and compared videos of differing quality and lighting.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Fascists love the "environment." It's just the environment as represented by ruralist idealism. If it's not fit for cultivation then it's just a wilderness that's waiting to be tamed.
The relationship between ecology and fascism is fascinating and not generally known. The culture of Wandervogel and a lot of proto-New Age stuff formed the background for the rise of Nazi ideology, and a lot of failed agronomists with kooky theories played a role in the early party and joined the SS.

This stuff is important because it played a large role in the Nazis' economic vision. When these agronomists' plans to make Germany economically self-sufficient failed, they hardened into the viewpoint that there was no future for Germany without conquering and colonizing Eastern Europe. That's when you get people like the Strassers coming up with harebrained schemes to turn Eastern Europe into a plantation economy with a racial caste system while the central government runs heavy industry.

The role of occultism in Nazism gets overemphasized all the time, but the influence of these charlatans continued to have a great impact even after they were purged or sidelined. It's particularly interesting stuff in light of Christman's explanation of the economic model of fascism.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Groovelord Neato posted:

remember when people did argue bin laden was dead and compared videos of differing quality and lighting.

Remember Fat Bin Laden?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea back in the 90's the hot edgy right wing statement was that Hitler was 'the first environmentalist' because fascists always pay at least lip service to 'and our lands will be pure and free of the filth the outsiders bring' in the literal as well as metaphorical senses. Like already said a lot of this was wrapped in the rural exaltation where that was the ~pure life~ ideal and all.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Remember Fat Bin Laden?

too much of my brain is filled with poo poo to refute loose change point by point. i think the bush years had a more deleterious effect on my brain that our big boy ever could.

also on twitter a few weeks ago got into with a bunch of vets on twitter claiming there were WMDs and that some had personally dealt with them (they were poo poo mixed in with other munitions from the iran-iraq days). i guess these people are never cured of their brain worms.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The best bush era bit was saying Cheney and Bin Laden were the same people since you never saw them at the same place.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Groovelord Neato posted:

also on twitter a few weeks ago got into with a bunch of vets on twitter claiming there were WMDs and that some had personally dealt with them (they were poo poo mixed in with other munitions from the iran-iraq days). i guess these people are never cured of their brain worms.

my favorite version of this kind of poo poo are the Vietnam Vets who claim to have sieged the Bamboo Pentagon

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Boris Johnson looks like the albino torturer from The Princess Bride. That's all.

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

Mods pls change my name to Bad Food Restaurants.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1166767174050078720

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
this interview is so bad lol

sestak: the world bank candidate

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

i think it's bad and wierd when chapo trap house llc platforms the same sundowning old men they regularly make fun of on their pod cast

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
I enjoyed when Virgil asked if he had any rival captains like some kind of naval anime.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dr. Killjoy posted:

my favorite version of this kind of poo poo are the Vietnam Vets who claim to have sieged the Bamboo Pentagon

it rules john mccain's dad thought this was real so he talked nixon into invading cambodia.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Wangsbig posted:

i think it's bad and wierd when chapo trap house llc platforms the same sundowning old men they regularly make fun of on their pod cast
This isn't comparable to major networks giving a billion dollars in free publicity to the Trump campaign.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Wangsbig posted:

Aren't they actually "Large Sons, LLC"?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I know this gets thrown around a lot but in all seriousness where the gently caress is that man's chin

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
There is no chin there's only an attempt to appear that there's a chin.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

This isn't comparable to major networks giving a billion dollars in free publicity to the Trump campaign.

uh ok

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Halloween Jack posted:

I mean you're right but also that has no bearing on Wangs point lol.

It's kind dumb in a not funny way that they waste time and space publishing interviews with the weirdo Bank Lord Admiral who wants to nuke China.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's kind dumb in a not funny way that they waste time and space publishing interviews with the weirdo Bank Lord Admiral who wants to nuke China.

it's funny, he's a funny freak

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

it's funny, he's a funny freak

He's really not. He's just every other repub psycho but aimed at china instead of the middle east.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Weird that the comedy political podcast sometimes interviews politicians for comedic purposes

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Weird that the comedy political podcast sometimes interviews politicians for comedic purposes

Like I said, it'd be different if it were funny at all.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i think they are just interviewing presidential candidates because they can. the interviews themselves aren’t funny, it’s more that it’s funny that people who poll nationally are going on a podcast known for its toxic misogyny, racism, harassment, and stalin apologia

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

You’re right they should have called him out for his bad opinions and taken him to task. You know, the literal exact opposite what they said their goal was in the Iowa AirBnB episode.

When some lovely magazine gives Marianne Williams a platform to spew her views about how vaccines kill or whatever, you can have a debate about platforming. When Chapo does and interview when they preface it weeks earlier (and likely after) with “this guy is loving nuts you should make memes about him” it’s not the time to serious post “are they BAD for letting him espouse his views?”.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Cael posted:

You’re right they should have called him out for his bad opinions and taken him to task. You know, the literal exact opposite what they said their goal was in the Iowa AirBnB episode.

When some lovely magazine gives Marianne Williams a platform to spew her views about how vaccines kill or whatever, you can have a debate about platforming. When Chapo does and interview when they preface it weeks earlier (and likely after) with “this guy is loving nuts you should make memes about him” it’s not the time to serious post “are they BAD for letting him espouse his views?”.

Like I keep saying I get the bit, it's just not a funny one so all it really is just some psycho talking to Virgil for way too goddamn long.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Someday you'll figure out that you not liking something doesn't mean it's objectively bad but in the meantime I'd suggest getting in touch with their manager

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

some psycho talking to Virgil for way too goddamn long.

But enough about my complaint emails

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Someday you'll figure out that you not liking something doesn't mean it's objectively bad but in the meantime I'd suggest getting in touch with their manager

email virgil

but also

e-male virgil

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

THS posted:

i think they are just interviewing presidential candidates because they can. the interviews themselves aren’t funny, it’s more that it’s funny that people who poll nationally are going on a podcast known for its toxic misogyny, racism, harassment, and stalin apologia

it's also funny when people get upset at them after

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

There is no chin there's only an attempt to appear that there's a chin.

the very spitting image of the gossamer bloatee.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

maybe this makes me a normie but i love the eps where they just talk about how insane the big boy is.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 16 days!)

It's easy to think Chapo does good interviews because unlike cable news they actually do follow up questions.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Idk about you guys but as a longtime cth listener I am jumping aboard the USS IMF with the admiral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

yorkinshire posted:

Idk about you guys but as a longtime cth listener I am jumping aboard the USS IMF with the admiral.

The ORB will remember, fool.