Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Some, but not all, New York Seltzer's are good. The Root Beer and Vanilla Soda ones are gross, but the Black Cherry and Cola & Berry ones are delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Oh yeah, if you're fine with sparkling water I'd say that Arrowhead lemon-lime is pretty drat good.

Macrame_God posted:

Some, but not all, New York Seltzer's are good. The Root Beer and Vanilla Soda ones are gross, but the Black Cherry and Cola & Berry ones are delicious.

I've enjoyed every one of this company's products that I've tried but they are incredibly full of sugar. Most companies do Black Cherry wrong, but they really knock it out of the park.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I used to love Clearly Canadian growing up but i dunno how healthy it is. Surely it has a lot of sugar and what not?

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug
I live in Polar country and it's usually consistently better and cheaper (excepting store-brand) than anything else.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I just drink sun tea erry day. My kidneys are god-like.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

BaconCopter posted:

I've enjoyed every one of this company's products that I've tried but they are incredibly full of sugar. Most companies do Black Cherry wrong, but they really knock it out of the park.

They're not quite as sugary as your regular soft drink, but if you're trying to lose weight then yeah, you should probably avoid, or at least mitigate, how much NYS you drink. I've been trying to lose weight and I've found them a good substitute for soda as long as I limit myself to one a day only.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

How?

I drink plain seltzer but really don't want kidney stones

I don't get the seltzer - kidney stones connection

my mom is super prone to kidney stones, she gets an x-ray twice per year so they can look for new stones and explode them with ultrasound rays or some poo poo. she has a big list of things she can't eat (lots of beans and vegs unfortunately) or drink (sweet tea). I don't think seltzer was on the list.

Also I grew up in an area where the water was so hard that it didn't splash, it shattered. I know seltzer doesn't have as much minerals as the water we had because there aren't calcium deposits in the bottle. No plague of kidney stones in the old hometown as far as I know.

edit: ok I looked it up and people prone to kidney stones are supposed to avoid *sodas* because they have phosphoric acid, seltzer that doesn't have that is fine. Seltzer with lemon juice is actually good because citrate helps prevent stones.

Klyith fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 28, 2019

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

BaconCopter posted:

yeah the ny seltzer black cherry is really good, and also yes it has way too much sugar for such a small bottle. i dont like drinks with coke levels of sugar but the black cherry is very tasty once in a while.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Trip report: went out to Wegmans and got a case of the ginger seltzer after seeing it mentioned in this thread. Yet again, Wegmans doesn't disappoint!

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Macrame_God posted:

It pisses me off I can only find them in those tiny glass bottles 😤

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i got some 8oz glass bottles to carry my shots of coffee when i learned plastic is in everything you drink

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Western Family cucumber soda water.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

LadyPictureShow posted:

Trip report: went out to Wegmans and got a case of the ginger seltzer after seeing it mentioned in this thread. Yet again, Wegmans doesn't disappoint!

:hmmyes:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Macrame_God posted:

It's that flavorful Hudson River mineral content that really give New York its edge.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

BaconCopter posted:

I stood there in the aisle at my local King Soops for a couple minutes wondering if any of these would actually be decent and couldn't commit to a 12 pack without any kind of taste or recommendation. Have you tried the cola or whatever the other flavors are? I'll probably scoop up one of the Dr. Pep and give it a whirl tomorrow.

i buy 1 cola and 1 dr pep each weekly grocery run. i have not bought the root beer bc i dont like root beer

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Macrame_God posted:

it's not really a seltzer if it has sugar, it's just soda at that point

LadyPictureShow posted:

thank you for your service, I'll pick some up next time I'm there

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

gey muckle mowser posted:

it's not really a seltzer if it has sugar, it's just soda at that point
trhank you, i was genuinely very confused why people are saying sugared soda is a seltzer? i thought maybe i was just crazy

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Most La Croix flavors are pretty good. San Pellegrino is delicious. But mostly I drink seltzer made with my Sodastream because it's way cheaper. Purchased seltzer is somewhat tastier than making it myself but it's stupidly expensive.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I actually like this spindrift stuff.. It's got actual lemon juice and black tea in it, so there's some caffeine, but it's only 5 calories.

Otherwise Perrier is a nice way to combat hunger when you're dieting. I don't like la croix, tastes like medicine to me.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Polar is the true answer. Spindrift has sugar in it from the fruits if that's a concern, but they're also local dudes and the owner is cool.

Also, the Polar Boozy Seltzers they just put out with Harpoon are god tier.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

soy posted:

I actually like this spindrift stuff.. It's got actual lemon juice and black tea in it, so there's some caffeine, but it's only 5 calories.

Otherwise Perrier is a nice way to combat hunger when you're dieting. I don't like la croix, tastes like medicine to me.
la croix makes like 100 flavors, and a lot of them, especially the more basic ones typically sold, are utter rear end and more medicinal-tasting yeah. like i said, if you get into their flavors like kiwi watermelon-cucumber-lime-pomegranate in their smaller tall cans, those are actually pretty decent.

but yeah Spindrift or Waterloo is the way to go if you want flavored. unflavored Crystal Geyser for cheap is my go-to, especially just near-freezing after a long day at working coming home is loving refreshing as hell

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xaris posted:

la croix makes like 100 flavors, and a lot of them, especially the more basic ones typically sold, are utter rear end and more medicinal-tasting yeah. like i said, if you get into their flavors like kiwi watermelon-cucumber-lime-pomegranate in their smaller tall cans, those are actually pretty decent.

but yeah Spindrift or Waterloo is the way to go if you want flavored. unflavored Crystal Geyser for cheap is my go-to, especially just near-freezing after a long day at working coming home is loving refreshing as hell

I tried one of the tall la croix that was like cantelope something something and it was the most disgusting beverage I have ever tasted...

The only one I have ever not hated was their lemon flavor or something basic like that, but the lime/lemon perrier are better.

Spindrift is way better though, and who cares about 5 calories? It's totally worth using actual citrus.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Never had the cantelope one but yeah that doesn't sound good. Costco sells a box of the weirder-flavor la croix (don't be confused with their box of la croix that's like lemon/lime/berry, it's not good); however, at that point Costco also sells a box of Spindrift or Crystal Geyser/Kirkland/etc unflavored so why bother with LC.

and agreed 5 cals out of 1700-2200 cals is like lol who cares

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

A few calories from actual fruit juice is next to nothing. What the hell is "essence" that they make the 0 cal seltzers with anyway?

E: oh my god it's just vaporized fruit skin

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

bradzilla posted:

A few calories from actual fruit juice is next to nothing. What the hell is "essence" that they make the 0 cal seltzers with anyway?

E: oh my god it's just vaporized fruit skin
yeah pretty much. essence can be fine but a lot of em are not. actually a lot of vape flavoring is the exact same used in water flavoring, though obv not in a PG/VG solution

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Ok yeah now that I've had a few I definitely like Spindrift

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how many white claw hot girls we have itt

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

marijuanamancer posted:

how many white claw hot girls we have itt

I like getting tipsy with the girls.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
to all you dopamine-resistant goon fucks in this thread who continually shriek,

"It tastes like NOTHING"

"Wow, people actually drink this??"

"Might as well drink water lol"

I have but one thing to say to you: Grow up, manchild.

If you could hold off filling your disgusting maw on garbage then maybe your brain could reset. You could appreciate a flavor that wasn't the result of pure disease for once.

I know it's hard for you LaCroix-hating slobs to even attempt to put down the candy-bar and fruit concentrate (for even a day), but you have to try for fucks sake. Become an adult and put the tootsie pops away.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Skeleton King posted:

"It tastes like NOTHING"

If you could hold off filling your disgusting maw on garbage then maybe your brain could reset. You could appreciate a flavor that wasn't the result of pure disease for once.

I know it's hard for you LaCroix-hating slobs to even attempt to put down the candy-bar and fruit concentrate (for even a day), but you have to try for fucks sake. Become an adult and put the tootsie pops away.

*pouring Skittles into my gaping maw*

"okie dokie"

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

BaconCopter posted:

I stood there in the aisle at my local King Soops for a couple minutes wondering if any of these would actually be decent and couldn't commit to a 12 pack without any kind of taste or recommendation. Have you tried the cola or whatever the other flavors are? I'll probably scoop up one of the Dr. Pep and give it a whirl tomorrow.

I know it's scary

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Skeleton King posted:

"It tastes like NOTHING"

Read the thread, dipshit. This is the loving reason I posted this thread, because I am trying to be more healthy and less of a fatty goon.

Get off your high horse or gently caress off

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Skeleton King posted:

"It tastes like NOTHING"

somehow the most manchild post in the thread

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol most toxic thing i read tonight

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

somehow the most manchild post in the thread

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i love that every thread has at least one manchild goon kramering in 5 pages in trying to make a strawman out of something nobody is saying at all then arguing against it as if every goon is saying thing and then saying all goons bad because my strawman = all goons. libs = owned

every single time too lol

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Skeleton King posted:

"It tastes like NOTHING"

This. Lacroix is epic.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Skeleton King posted:

FWIW I don't eat a diet of garbage, drink mostly water when I'm thirsty, and generally don't drink sodas...

and I still find most seltzers to be pretty unappealing taste-wise by themselves. I got a bottle of polar in the fridge but only use it for booze.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oscar Wild posted:

I like getting tipsy with the girls.

bae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I like it with whiskey.