Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://i.imgur.com/pJ8B856.gifv

F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Black Talon cancels all momentum!

https://i.imgur.com/4k2Vdzp.gifv

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Can you explain what is happening there?

Rinaldi
Dec 29, 2008
Finally played through the Shattered Throne last night. Does anyone know what controls whether or not the central brazier in the final boss room is lit?

We had a couple wipes when we all went to clear the buff/debuff only to find that the brazier was unlit, dooming us all.

Aside from that it was pretty neat.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I love any gun that is full auto. In my only final wish raid run I got a Chattering Bone with full auto, headseeker, and high caliber rounds. Also a range masterwork.

It is so much fun in pvp and a nice change from the erentil I've been abusing for too long.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I like to imagine he threw the smoke bomb to try and conceal his shame.

https://i.imgur.com/irM5WYP.gifv

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Is lumina worth the grind? I did a flashpoint with rose equipped and got 2% of the fireteam quest step part.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

texaholic posted:

Is lumina worth the grind? I did a flashpoint with rose equipped and got 2% of the fireteam quest step part.

It's OK, it's kinda interesting but I don't think anyone makes it their daily driver.

For the fireteam step use menagerie, it's a larger team and there are other people trying to do the same thing in there.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Lumina is cool but yeah you definitely want a fireteam of Rose users.

Rinaldi posted:

Finally played through the Shattered Throne last night. Does anyone know what controls whether or not the central brazier in the final boss room is lit?

We had a couple wipes when we all went to clear the buff/debuff only to find that the brazier was unlit, dooming us all.

Aside from that it was pretty neat.

I... Actually have no idea. It's supposed to be available whenever you're buffed.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If I remember correctly, the brazier goes out when you destroy the crystal.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
I don't have ballistic logs this week, so I was going to just buy a non-powerful frame to Forge for now while working on the weekly bounty, but apparently I can't do that? Google says I can buy them with modulus reports but the only thing open for me to buy with those are augmented weapons and those don't seem to be black armory weapons.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
You need to buy a powerful frame before you can buy the next one with modulus reports (every week)

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

Insane Totoro posted:

You need to buy a powerful frame before you can buy the next one with modulus reports (every week)

Ah okay thanks!

Rinaldi
Dec 29, 2008

xzzy posted:

If I remember correctly, the brazier goes out when you destroy the crystal.

I guess that was it. Does it just re-light a certain amount of time after you break it? It definitely blindsided us the first time. The next time it happened we were saved because one of us didn’t get the buff/debuff and so they were able to res us when we died to the timer.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rinaldi posted:

I guess that was it. Does it just re-light a certain amount of time after you break it? It definitely blindsided us the first time. The next time it happened we were saved because one of us didn’t get the buff/debuff and so they were able to res us when we died to the timer.

It lights back up when you start picking up knight buffs.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Re Lumina: I think every serious player should get the entire family of handcannons. They are all linked by really deep lore. Tons of lore. And it’s cool. In practice, Thorn and TLW are good in PVP, malfeseance I just got and is cool in gambit and kinda fun in PVP and PVE (eh) but I agree with Uber who says it’s often not really useful in most situations. I’m hoping the catalyst coming in September/October buffs the poo poo out of it.

Lumina is interesting. It’s the only weapon in the game to ever do what it does. If you’re using it solo in chill content like strikes, patrols, nightfalls, it can add a bit of pizaz that noticeably improves outcomes. You’re healing and buffing you and your team literally constantly and it can really get rolling. Perpetually. I think the more using it the better. I have seen a 6 stack in a raid using it and it was pretty great. It also stacks with some warlock traits and the robes that deal with empowered stuff but i forget what they are (they are really good combos, mind you). It has no use in PvP unless more are using it than just yourself. Beyond it’s trait, it’s a great firing hand cannon with good range and aim assist so is good to use anyways. The biggest upside is that upon completing lumina you can pull a new Rose out of your collections that is perhaps the crispiest drat handcannon in the game.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

def. going to do a stupid long quest to get a weapon because of lore

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What kind of sociopath doesn't just do all the quests and get every gun??

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

guns are for hurting not helping

if you want to help people do a quest that results in a first aid kit lmbo

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

actionjackson posted:

that's what lumina is!

both of those things that is

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lumina: a society

Thorn: loving twisted

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson posted:

No deceptions detected.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Rose is a good gun

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lumina: a society

Thorn: loving twisted

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The ideal phase 1 gahlran loadout is Lumina, major spec’d shotgun, and a sword. You may not like it, but this is what optimal boss dps looks like

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Speaking of handcannons, I finally moved on from the worst step ever in the TLW quest. Turns out Iron Banner players are just kinda bad and even I can average a positive k/d ratio now!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The ideal phase 1 gahlran loadout is Lumina, major spec’d shotgun, and a sword. You may not like it, but this is what optimal boss dps looks like

Worth it for rusty pos weapons

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

1 person with tractor for the debuff, and 1 with anarchy to be the shield breaker then the other 4 can run whatever sure

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

el B posted:

Rose is a good gun

Yeah I like using it alot even if the progress is painfully slow. Also doing the Thorn/Lumina quest at the same time is loving great, pretty happy I didn't grind these out at different times.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I feel bad for you all because when the lumina quest first dropped you’d trip over lobbies full of people with Rose in every activity. Took less than two days to get it finished.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48097

There's way too much in here to summarize as bullet points, everyone should read the whole thing.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 29, 2019

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Season Pass Ranks loving lmao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Another exotic hand cannon :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Season Pass Ranks loving lmao

Its a battle pass for destiny. Not a bad idea.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Looking forward to Iron banner against someone who poopsocked to 3,000 power

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

lmao if you think 3,000 will be high, there will be dudes rockin 6,900

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Do forges give minor xp on failure? That'd be funny if we kept idling at 750 all season long

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Do forges give minor xp on failure? That'd be funny if we kept idling at 750 all season long

yep, I got 250 the other day when my fireteam literally didn't throw batteries at the forge

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
What’s up, folks?

I just bought all the expansions and haven’t played in over a year. I’m so confused. Annual pass?! What are these bright lights and doodads?! Does any of the old Bone crew still play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Captain Log posted:

What’s up, folks?

I just bought all the expansions and haven’t played in over a year. I’m so confused. Annual pass?! What are these bright lights and doodads?! Does any of the old Bone crew still play?

Bone Krew has died by microsoft's hand.

The Stat Boyz have risen from those ashes, their shitposting stronger than ever.