Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

oddium posted:

they ended up revealing like 50 of the 90ish gen 7 monsters before it came out

They also revealed almost all the Gen 6 mons pre-release. I think it was like 60/70 of the normal mons and all the megas except for Tyranitar and like two others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i don't remember the xy prerelease at all but i remember someone in the thread had gotten it early and was trying to describe goomy

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah I was in the IRC when it was going on and everyone was trying to figure out how the gently caress Sliggoo evolved. That was really fun

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I still remember seeing that picture of Klefki and thinking how ridiculous it looked.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Zore posted:

Yeah I was in the IRC when it was going on and everyone was trying to figure out how the gently caress Sliggoo evolved. That was really fun

That kinda bullshit sucks, but it's so much fun for the days before launch when people are trying to figure it out with no help.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
We learned about Mega-Tyranitar when the dude posted a picture of its balloon from Hyper Training which was kinda cool.

I also remember everyone's visceral confusion at Barbaracle.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

RatHat posted:

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1166716380282064897?s=20

That sure took a while. Shiny Necrozma is still unobtainable normally right?

Also those shinies are hideous.

I'll be doing my usual this time.

Hopefully I don't forget to post it this time as well :sweatdrop:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Dehry posted:

Pokemon Masters is starting to go live for Android phones.

It's a mobile game where you collect the trainers instead of Pokemon.

It’s live on iOS now too, my phone just downloaded it.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
I'm still sad Malamar got the evolution requirement leaked, seeing people trying to figure that one out would have been fun

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Waterfall of Salt posted:

I'm still sad Malamar got the evolution requirement leaked, seeing people trying to figure that one out would have been fun

Strong username post combo

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My Galaxy S6 kept getting rejected by the app store so I used QooApp to get the APK. The floor of the Pokemon centerground is flickering in and out of existence.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 29, 2019

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
There's voice acting in the game, too. Not extensive or anything, but there's stuff.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's melting down my poor phone. Guess I can't put off upgrading much longer.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dehry posted:

It's melting down my poor phone. Guess I can't put off upgrading much longer.

Yeah, i have an iPhone 7 which while not the newest is still fairly recent, and I am bumping the quality down to low myself

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I got through a couple of tutorial battles but the game is now stuck trying to load the gacha tutorial.

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting

Dehry posted:

I got through a couple of tutorial battles but the game is now stuck trying to load the gacha tutorial.

Happened to me, after a couple of times it started kicking me out because my phones clock was "not working properly".

Probably just server stuff, i'll give it a go tomorrow.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I have a Galaxy 5 and the Google Play website says my phone isn't compatible. Too bad.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Should we start fearing that, galarian formes excluded, we get like 50-60 new pokemon?

It's in line with XY and SM focusing on a smaller number of Pokemon. I think SM only had 80ish new ones, not counting Alola forms.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

And those 80 Pokemon were overall very, very good designs.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I am kind of amazed at how well Gamefreak is keeping details under wraps. Have we ever gotten this close to release without so much as knowing the starter evolutions?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Now we're at the part of Masters that they'll nerf, I'm sure. The Very Hard co-op missions require perfect coordination with random strangers, and it is a real pain, hope you get the strongest pairs in the game, because you won't beat them otherwise.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ArielLaurentG/status/1159124268065669121
https://twitter.com/animator1965/status/1167056884974505985
https://twitter.com/oka_mochi_/status/1167044290809217024

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

God help me. Pokemon Masters looks like rear end but I still want to play it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

100 degrees Calcium posted:

God help me. Pokemon Masters looks like rear end but I still want to play it.

I'm just here for the music

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Geostomp posted:

I am kind of amazed at how well Gamefreak is keeping details under wraps. Have we ever gotten this close to release without so much as knowing the starter evolutions?

Starter evos tend to be revealed late. Sun and Moon released November 18th and we got middle stage revealed on October 4th with final stages on October 27th

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yay

Where's my DS printer

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

Starter evos tend to be revealed late. Sun and Moon released November 18th and we got middle stage revealed on October 4th with final stages on October 27th

but the final evos were leaked extremely early

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Still addicting as ever, but I think the reason it (the pkm tcg game boy sequel) wasn't released outside japan is that, as far as I can tell, it features no pokemon beyond the original 151, despite coming out over a year after gold and silver, and right on the heels of the GBA.

It's fun reassessing the cards with the benefit of years of playing MtG, even if not everything carries over (so much RNG). Like why wouldn't every deck run 4x Bill?

Also this is the game that apparently introduced B-button sprinting to the franchise.

e:Nintendo should've brought this over for a virtual console release, when they re-released the original for 3DS.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 29, 2019

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ancestral Re-Bill.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Pot of Bill

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Tournament banned, of course

What does it even do?

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Does the Pokemon tcg have formats or anything, like can Bill still be used a tournament legal deck today?

I searched Pokemon tcg banlist and it seems there is one but it's a lot shorter than I'd have imagined and only has things like a Unown thats effect is you win the game.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does every TCG have a "draw 2" card?

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Licarn posted:

Does the Pokemon tcg have formats or anything, like can Bill still be used a tournament legal deck today?

I searched Pokemon tcg banlist and it seems there is one but it's a lot shorter than I'd have imagined and only has things like a Unown thats effect is you win the game.

As far as I'm aware Pokemon TCG sets rotate out every season. This means that only fairly recent cards can be played in a tournament, so unless he's be rereleased you can't use ye olde Base Set Bill.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Are we really forced to have Pikachu as our Pokémon in Pokémon Masters? :negative:

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Schubalts posted:

Are we really forced to have Pikachu as our Pokémon in Pokémon Masters? :negative:

I doubt youll stick with your player character for very long.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Schubalts posted:

Hau has an Alolan Raichu so clearly you're meant to bench yourself

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

None of the teams I've seen have kept the PC in their party once they got more than two other trainers

Course, I'm sure the game's gonna force you to use them at points, so not using them is only going to hurt you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
In general avatar characters in gacha games feel odd, but the structure of Masters makes it feel moreso. You only get 3 team slots, so why waste one on Random Jobber? And in a game where you get one move of one type, you should at least be able to pick that type.

What I'm saying is the avatar should've had Silvally.