Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Gisele is a Storm trainee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
That's a pretty belt

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Ishin posted:

Yup.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Ishin posted:

Had a WWE try out as well. If she is like any of his other trainees she is pretty good to great with the basics.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Holy gently caress

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
That was a good match

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Gisele Shaw is a name to keep an eye on. That was great.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Next TJPW Korakuen Hall date: January 4, 2020

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Fun show. Man, I was really pulling for Miu at the end there.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Yeah it was a good show. So glad I subbed to ddt universe

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

At OZ Academy, Aja Kong challenged Hikaru Shida to a match before she leaves Japan so I guess that's the main of the Shida farewell show.

E: actually they decided to tag against Mayumi Ozaki and a partner of her choosing.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Aug 25, 2019

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RISE lowered their streaming service's subscription price to $3/month https://rise-wrestling.com/2019/08/25/subscription-to-riseascent-com-ios-and-android-apps-now-only-2-99-per-month/

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

OZ Academy drew 2137 people to Yokohama Bunka Gymnasium yesterday main evented by Mayumi Ozaki vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto for the Wizard of Oz and Blast Queen Championships, which means they've probably put on the biggest joshi show of the year once again unless Ice Ribbon does a big number there in two weeks.

For context that's a bigger number than AJPW pulled with Kento Miyahara vs. Suwama in that building.

I'd recommend the match if you enjoy overbooked spectacles. Oz is my favourite promotion so I'm biased but it was one of the most fun matches I've seen.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I think I just saw my first bits of Saree and Chihiro Hashimoto and holy poo poo they’re good.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'd recommend the match if you enjoy overbooked spectacles.

you already told us its oz academy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mayu forgot her little friend!

https://twitter.com/MayuIwatani/status/1166004168793804800

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Man that is a power tool!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Djarum posted:

Man that is a power tool!

cold showers only go so far

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bless them both
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0k6QsE0ipw

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Something is up with Stardom's English translator. @we_are_stardom hasn't tweeted in 4 days and @sonny_stardom has been deleted.

There's this too

https://twitter.com/PrivateEyeball/status/1166556643993239552?s=19

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Well, that would explain why neither of the shows on the 25th are up yet. Here's hoping this can get sorted out relatively quickly.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think sonny deleted a long time ago unless that was a different handle. the rest is sus obv

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

I think sonny deleted a long time ago unless that was a different handle. the rest is sus obv

The most recent responses to it were in May so maybe it's been gone a while.

I think he might have deleted it after the whole Israeli fan debacle because the last tweets are related to that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if i didn't know they were broke as gently caress, working for Stardom would be pretty cool. I hope they get their poo poo together.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Is Rossy a creeper or sleazeball?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The new Stardom got uploaded and the promos are clearly machine translated so I guess Sonny is gone. It's a shame because as much of a massive weirdo he is, the translations were good and he got the characters across well.

Pinche Rudo posted:

Is Rossy a creeper or sleazeball?

Sleazy businessman who has no qualms about taking advantage of his roster to appeal to the creepers in order to fund his true passion of bringing over his favourite old luchadores for a show once a year with the profits from his photobooks is the sense I get.

E: update on the sonny situation

https://twitter.com/CanofSpriteMan/status/1166964652540121089?s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Aug 29, 2019

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
If my Japanese was better I'd give them my resume

I met Rossy once, he seemed like he was only interested in someone as long as there was something in it for him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rossy is a greedy little weirdo and he’d have better English penetration if he hadn’t been paying Kris Wolf peanuts the entire time.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Auritech posted:

If my Japanese was better I'd give them my resume

I wouldn't, they definitely approached a friend of mine who makes wrestling youtube videos about doing stuff for them, but wanted him to stop doing his own videos on his own time and said they might pay him if he did a good job for a few months

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jesus. when I say jesus i'm putting forth the feeling of flabbergastedness. The flabbergast feeling. About working for a few months to prove that you deserve to be paid a wage, without even documentation to make sure that proposition would be held up on their end. i bet it wouldn't. and I'm not Saying it would be ok if the bargain was honored. It's still very flabbergasting.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 29, 2019

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

i feel like stardom is probably quite good in ring but a certain creepy vibe to the thing puts me off from watching it also my preferences run to large butch women with crazy facepaint

edit:

Cavauro posted:

jesus. when I say jesus i'm putting forth the feeling of flabbergastedness. The flabbergast feeling. About working for a few months to prove that you deserve to be paid a wage, without even documentation to make sure that proposition would be held up on their end. i bet it wouldn't. and I'm not Saying it would be ok if the bargain was honored. It's still very flabbergasting.

ty for clarifying friend cavauro

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/CanofSpriteMan/status/1167082484988878848?s=19

Best story Stardom has done in years.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
He sounds like a robot trying to imitate a US Politician here

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

RealFoxy posted:

He sounds like a robot trying to imitate a US Politician here

p. messed up to accuse him of being the zodiac killer

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For those who think there is any sort of hyperbole when people are saying the new translations for the STARDOM shows are loving terrible:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

It is WILD that they are doing this with an apparent 70% subscriber base from outside of Japan.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1167077666043781120?s=19

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Lumbermouth posted:

It is WILD that they are doing this with an apparent 70% subscriber base from outside of Japan.

Like, I kinda get it, because obviously your priority is going to be all the folks who come to shows and drop a hundo-plus once or twice a month (or more) vs. the howevermany World subscribers giving you just shy of ten bucks, but it sounds like Sonny's still on the payroll*. I can't fathom what they need him doing badly enough to take him off of this.

Either way it feels like they were deliberately trying to expand their overseas reach and then dropped this all of a sudden. Deeply weird.

* Until someone finds the tweets/reddit comments, I guess, because if there's one thing Japanese companies hate it's airing internal dirty laundry. I feel for the dude but it's pretty bad he can't turn off his need to flex being inside the company even now

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 29, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Maybe they think if they drive off all the foreign fans with shoddy machine translations they won't get a situation like they did with the Israeli fan during Golden Week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Johnny Landmine posted:

Like, I kinda get it, because obviously your priority is going to be all the folks who come to shows and drop a hundo-plus once or twice a month (or more) vs. the howevermany World subscribers giving you just shy of ten bucks, but it sounds like Sonny's still on the payroll*. I can't fathom what they need him doing badly enough to take him off of this.

Either way it feels like they were deliberately trying to expand their overseas reach and then dropped this all of a sudden. Deeply weird.

* Until someone finds the tweets/reddit comments, I guess, because if there's one thing Japanese companies hate it's airing internal dirty laundry. I feel for the dude but it's pretty bad he can't turn off his need to flex being inside the company even now

That makes sense for the live shows, but not for the streaming platform. If the majority of the users of your platform are presumably there because you have subtitles, don’t loving kneecap that.