Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I know the burst is from King but what's the semi auto from?

i'm still not sure if i should give him the heart or if i should just murder him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Rhom owns. Super cool aesthetic, fun mobs, good loot. The Undying King is cool too.

You do get a thing for killing him but you can get it by joining another world where the host kills him.

Personally I gave it to him because he seems like a cool + weird guy.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
i've never gotten anyone matched into my game, even if I mark it as public.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
What level should I be to take on the The Undying King? I'm getting my rear end kicked left and right here.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Spite posted:

i've never gotten anyone matched into my game, even if I mark it as public.

Where are you based? PC I literally get someone within 30 seconds and typically a laughably bad 3rd a minute or two later. I've only ever played at peak times so far (PST).

Trick is to quickly shift+tab, played with recent, friend - comms. Destiny's model was shocking but worked exactly like they wanted. Why the gently caress would you people think it's so pertinent to handhold in solo queue. Just because we all want to bunch up in a corner and have no way of saying, "hey, let's maybe try a new way next round" isn't co-op gamebreaking hell, it's probably immersive for the era. Personally I really like not being able to help others understand that melee damage hurts and usually is 2 and out. Or, "hey watch that stam a bit closer" or my favorite, "you have 31 attributes to spend?"

Edit: No idea what this means but if you are PC and having this issue, or a console as well. NAT Type # is important. Someone else can chime in.

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 29, 2019

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
These hammer bug knights are legit loving terrible, tuned worse than any enemy in Dark Souls, for real. This whole swamp area loving sucks TBH

EDIT: Yeah this world boss sucks poo poo too, I'll wait for my bro to catch up for co-op because the game is un-fun now

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Aug 29, 2019

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i fought raze and mid-fight two other guys joined and watched as i kited for ten minutes and then died while he had 8 health because he disappeared and i ran out of bullets, it was very sad

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Another build which is about to be nerfed but should still be very powerful:

• Radiant Armor Set
  • SMG (Hunter's Mark)
  • Beam Rifle (Hot Shots)
  • Braided Thorns
  • Devouring Loop
  • Storm Amulet

The idea here is that you "pre-charge" the beam rifle by unloading your SMG into a trash mob. This will quickly build up your Radiant stacks, when combined with Braided thorns you will have a very high crit chance and proc devouring constantly. Quickly switch to your beam rifle and unload for insane damage. (Sleight of hand works well)

For bosses or harder enemies, pop hunter's and hot shots for the extra crit and extra elemental to each shot. Hot shots has the extra cool effect of turning the beam rifle's beam into a fire stream.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

toasterwarrior posted:

These hammer bug knights are legit loving terrible, tuned worse than any enemy in Dark Souls, for real. This whole swamp area loving sucks TBH

EDIT: Yeah this world boss sucks poo poo too, I'll wait for my bro to catch up for co-op because the game is un-fun now

There's a delay in a lot of his moves, so you have to dodge later than you think. Also, his hammer throw has a HUGE hurtbox, so it can catch you if you don't react fast enough.

Shotguns seemed to trivialize the fight. If you can get him to turn his back to you (like when he's retrieving his hammer) his weakspot is the the bag slung over his shoulder. I assume that bag carries his head or something.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Another build which is about to be nerfed but should still be very powerful:

• Radiant Armor Set
  • SMG (Hunter's Mark)
  • Beam Rifle (Hot Shots)
  • Braided Thorns
  • Devouring Loop
  • Storm Amulet

The idea here is that you "pre-charge" the beam rifle by unloading your SMG into a trash mob. This will quickly build up your Radiant stacks, when combined with Braided thorns you will have a very high crit chance and proc devouring constantly. Quickly switch to your beam rifle and unload for insane damage. (Sleight of hand works well)

For bosses or harder enemies, pop hunter's and hot shots for the extra crit and extra elemental to each shot. Hot shots has the extra cool effect of turning the beam rifle's beam into a fire stream.

Using Swarm instead of Hot Shots with this set gives you an ability with quite good damage and also keeps your radiant set bonus buff from falling off while you reload.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

There's a new patch out on Steam.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Regrettable posted:

There's a new patch out on Steam.

quote:

Build: 214857

QUALITY OF LIFE
Coop Scaling now caps at +3 levels of Host
Enabled VOIP toggle on PC/CONSOLES
Enabled Push-to-Talk option on PC by default (players must bind a key)
Adjustments to help fill empty matchmaking sessions
Added FOV slider for PC
Adjusted right analog deadzone for PS4 controller (reduced by half)
DEVELOPER COMMENT: While we work on additional coop adjustments, we wanted to better ensure that higher level players and lower level players could work together without drastically penalizing the lower level players. We've changed it so that if a lower level player hosts the game, the game will never be more than 3 levels above them even if their teammates are much higher. This will prevent the coop scaling from getting too high and thus overly penalizing someone just starting out.

DEVELOPER COMMENT: We've also made a handful of other adjustments for general quality of life. Players can now access VOIP, bind a push-to-talk button, and disable it completely if they so choose.

BUG FIXES
Increased performance across Corsus
Increased memory stability across extended play experiences (less crashes)
Fixed traits not unlocking on client (Revivalist, Exploiter, Scavenger, Sleight of Hand, Suspicion, Will to Live)
Fixed trapdoor that Ace kept falling through in Ward 13
Fixed client being able to reroll hosts campaign
Fixed an issue with Lost Gantry not properly handling restarts
Fixed issue with certain bosses respawning post "Quest Complete"
Fixed issue with clients loading into final boss room and being stuck at World Shard
Fixed FOV on Archetype screen for Ultrawide Monitors/resolutions
Added FOV lock when changing resolutions to maintain proper proportions/alignment (menus/reticles)
Fixed user settings not saving when exiting out of main menu/application too fast
Added support to unlock certain achievements that should have been attained
Corrected values being shown for Scrap-based achievements/trophies
Fixed bug with Undying King "Death Warmed Over" achievement/trophy
Many general collision fixes/updates
Added backup profile when joining game as client
DEVELOPER COMMENT: In general, we are prioritizing performance, stability, and crashes. We've also fixed several bugs that have halted progression, side-dungeon completion, and affected achievement/trait unlocks.

GENERAL BALANCE
Radiant Tomb total spawns and intensity reduced
DEVELOPER COMMENT: The most notoriously difficulty encounter in the game, Radiant Tomb has been re-tuned to be fairer to the player and reducing the need for a very specific loadout.

WEAPON BALANCE
Repeater Pistol: Reduced max spread
Repeater Pistol: Reduced spread per shot
Repeater Pistol: Increased decay speed (faster reticle contraction)
DEVELOPER COMMENT: The Repeater Pistol ended up falling off a bit due to its accuracy. We improved the overall handling without making any damage changes.
Hunting Pistol: Added +2 ammo to reserve
Hunting Pistol: Reduced initial spread
Hunting Pistol: Increased decay speed
Hunting Pistol: Reduced penalty for moving
Hunting Pistol: Increased reload speed by 10% (faster)
DEVELOPER COMMENT: While an incredibly powerful weapon, the Hunting Pistol suffered from a smaller ammo reserve (less total damage) and had an abnormally high moving penalty for being a single-shot weapon (which is already somewhat of a penalty). The Hunting Pistol is now much more accurate - both stationary and moving - and reloads faster between shots.
Hunting Rifle: Reduced spread penalty for moving
Hunting Rifle: Increased initial aim decay speed and post-shot decay speed
Hunting Rifle: Reduced spread per shot
DEVELOPER COMMENT: The Hunting Rifle has always been considered the baseline for all other weapon balancing. However, even with pin-point accuracy while stationary, the initial spread was too great which prevented quick reaction shots. Additionally, the per-shot spread was a tad too high making it much harder to quickly pick off targets than desired.
Coachgun: Increased ideal range from 800 to 900
Coachgun: Added +4 shells to reserves
DEVELOPER COMMENT: To further separate the Coachgun from the Shotgun, we've increased the ideal range. The tighter focus, reduced drop-off, and incredible burst combined with the longer range makes the benefits of the Coachgun a bit more obvious. Additionally, we added +4 shells to the reserve ammo pool to bring the total damage in line with other longguns.
Assault Rifle: Added +4 bullets to reserves
Assault Rifle: Reduced initial spread
Assault Rifle: Reduced auto-fire spread curve
Assault Rifle: Increased decay speed
DEVELOPER COMMENT: The Assault Rifle, while highly damaging, has always suffered from too much weapon spread too quickly. We've lessened the spread curve and the maximum amount of spread to bring it closer to our vision of an Assault Rifle. It also gained +4 ammo in the clip.
Crossbow: Changed reticle behavior
Crossbow: Changed reticle graphic
DEVELOPER COMMENT: The Crossbow suffered from using the projectile reticle so we changed it to use a normal static reticle. While we still have many adjustments planned, we felt this was a solid interim solution.
Eye of the Storm: Increased initial decay
Eye of the Storm: Reduced initial spread
Eye of the Storm: Reduced spread per shot
Eye of the Storm: Added 1 extra ammo per clip (+3 total)
DEVELOPER COMMENT: With the Hunting Rifle adjustments, we wanted to also update the Eye of the Storm (which is basically a lightning Hunting Rifle). It received similar handling adjustments as well as gained additional ammo.
Beam Rifle: Reduced initial damage from 16 to 14 (max ramp-up is still the same)
Beam Rifle: Reduced reload speed by 20%
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Widely considered the most powerful weapon in the game, we wanted to bring the Beam Rifle closer to the other longguns. The initial damage was reduced by 2 requiring slightly longer DPS time to reach maximum potential. We also significantly increased the time it takes to reload so that maintaining the beam for as long as possible is the best way to maximize its potential. While it still does similar (slightly more) total DPS than the Assault Rifle, the AR always deals a constant / reliable amount of damage whereas the Beam requires a longer commitment but has a higher top-end.
Hive Cannon: Added +2 hive grenades per clip (5 shots total)
Hive Cannon: Reduced reload speed by 10%
Hive Cannon: Hive Shot Mod DOT damage increased from 80 to 150
Hive Cannon: Hive Shot Mod power requirement increased from 350 to 600
Hive Cannon: Hive Shot Mod charges reduced from 5 to 3
DEVELOPER COMMENT: The Hive Cannon is just a fun weapon. We wanted to make it more fun. We reduced the total number of Hive Shot charges and gave them to the primary shot (less reloading). We also increased the reload, while also dramatically buffing the damage of the Hive Shot DOT. As a trade-off, we increased the mod buildup requirement.
Particle Accelerator: Adjusted reticle size to better represent accuracy
DEVELOPER COMMENT: While we have a handful of changes in the works, we wanted to first adjust the accuracy of the reticle to better represent where the shots will land. Many more tweaks to PA coming soon!
Defiler: Reduced initial spread
Defiler: Increased Radioactive Volley fire rate from 1.1 to 1.2s
DEVELOPER COMMENT: The Defiler didn't really need much. We adjusted the initial spread by a small margin so players could better enjoy its secretly good range (for a Shotgun). We also removed a tiny bit of lag on firing Radioactive Volley back to back.
Curse of the Jungle God: Increased fire rate from 3.0 to 3.5
Curse of the Jungle God: Reduced damage from 32 to 28
Curse of the Jungle God: Decreased reload speed by 5%
DEVELOPER COMMENT: The Curse of the Jungle God felt a little too slow for our tastes, so we sped up the fire rate and made minor adjustments to both damage and reload speed. Overall, it is a more efficient weapon.
Devastator: Changed reticle behavior
Devastator: Changed reticle graphic
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Like the Crossbow, the Devastator had major issues with the projectile reticle so we changed it to use a normal static reticle. There are many adjustments planning (we see you BANDIT ARMOR USERS)... but for now, this should feel much better.
Repulsor: Reduced initial spread by 40%
Repulsor: Increased Spread Decay (faster post-shot)
Repulsor: Increased post-banish debuff duration by 25%
Repulsor: Reduced banish time from 8 to 4 (less waiting - quality of life)
Repulsor: Reduced friendly banish time from 4 to 2
Repulsor: Reduced Banish Charges from 8 to 5
DEVELOPER COMMENT: For the final boss weapon, this felt a tad underwhelming. The goal of the Repulsor was to be a well-rounded tool that can fit on any team. By reducing the initial spread and increasing the post-shot decay speed, we've made it more reliable as a primary option. Additionally, we increased the debuff to 4 seconds so that players can easily unload all 5 shells into a post-banished enemy. The Banish time was reduced to reduce the waiting and halved against friendlies, because every team has "that guy" on it. To adjust for the upped effectiveness (as well as higher +20 scaling) we reduced the total Banish charges from 8 to 5.

ARMOR BALANCE
Hunter Sharpshooter: Now increases ALL ranged DMG at 15m+
DEVELOPER COMMENT: We've removed the Weakspot requirement because not every enemy has a Weakspot and because it already has a pretty strict range requirement. We will monitor the change and adjust both range and damage value accordingly.
Ex-Cultist Blood Pact: No longer requires Critical hits for mod power generation
Ex-Cultist Blood Pact: Reduced max generation from 50% to 40% to compensate for no crits
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Like Hunter armor, we removed the additional requirement to gain the Ex-Cultist armor bonus. In conjunction with the reduced Spirit value, the Ex-Cultist armor should be more appealing end-game as a mod-generation option.
Scrapper Challenger: Damage increased from 15% to 25%
Scrapper Challenger: Range increased from 2.5m to 5m
DEVELOPER COMMENT: The range requirement has been made more forgiving and the damage bonus has been increased significantly. We will monitor the change and see if players find the Scrapper armor more appealing as a close-range set.
Akari Opportunist: Changed perfect dodge to grant 100% MELEE crit chance
Akari Opportunity: Added Melee Speed buff on perfect dodge
Akari Opportunist: Removed Melee damage buff on perfect dodge
DEVELOPER COMMENT: We fixed a bug that was granting players ALL crit chance when perfect dodging. We also removed the raw melee damage buff and replaced it with melee speed to better facilitate an in-close melee style. Most notably, any perfect dodge (even with only one piece) will grant 100% crit chance (which is still a 50% minimum damage increase).
Elder Believer: Changed to allow Dragon Hearts to heal allies
Elder Believer: Range increased to 15m
DEVELOPER COMMENT: We've changed how this set works. The original benefit (chance to not use a Dragon Heart) was not as appealing as we had hoped (especially for a full armor set). We swapped the effect with the Mender's Charm so that Dragon Hearts now heal teammates. This makes the Elder Armor an excellent support option.
Twisted Armor: Health regen increased
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Players asked for it, we obliged. Enjoy having lots of health.

TRAIT BALANCE
Catalyst buff maximum reverted from 15% to 20%
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Since we have removed the interaction between Catalyst and Devouring Loop, Catalyst has been reverted to its pre-nerf state.
Rapid Strikes attack speed buff reduced from 20% to 15% (to allow Akari Armor Buff)
DEVELOPER COMMENT: To better allow the Akari Armor buff to be meaningful, we reduced the Rapid Strikes bonus.
Spirit max reduced from 50% to 30% (to allow Ex-Cultist Armor Buff)
DEVELOPER COMMENT: To better entice/reward players using the Ex-Cultist armor for mod generation, we reduced the overall bonus of Spirit. This should make Ex-Cultist the goto set for mod generation.

TRINKET BALANCE
Devouring Loop: No longer affected by Catalyst Trait
DEVELOPER COMMENT: The Devouring Loop was never meant to work with the Catalyst Trait as it is not a status effect but we thought it would be a cool/fun idea. Spoiler alert: We all make mistakes.
Cleansing Jewel: Removed healing effect, added 50% status buildup resistance
Mender's Charm: Gained old Elder Armor Skill (heal allies)
Mender's Charm: Gained 25% additional self-healing (from Cleansing Jewel)
DEVELOPER COMMENT: With the recent shift of Elder Armor bonus and Mender's Charm, we wanted to give each of these items a proper focus. Cleaning Jewel is now focused around status buildup and cleansing, while Mender's Charm is all about healing.
Soul Anchor: Adds +1 max simultaneous summoned abilities
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Due to the change in how summons work, we wanted to allow players the opportunity to still have more summons than the base game would allow so we added functionality to the Soul Anchor. This does not add additional charges, but it does allow you to have more than the "max" out at any one time.

CONSUMABLE BALANCE
Adrenaline: Melee speed buff reduced from 15% to 10%
DEVELOPER COMMENT: To better allow the Akari Armor buff to be meaningful, we reduced the Adrenaline buff so that melee speeds didn't get out of hand.

MOD BALANCE
General: Mods now properly scale with Weapon Level
General: Certain Mods also scale effect based on other factors (player health, triage, etc)
General: Limited amount of maximum "same type" summons (dupes will kill older summons)
General: Added "max allowed simultaneous" summon value to summon description
DEVELOPER COMMENT: We've converted all Mods to properly scale with weapon level. Typically they start lower than their original base but scale higher - thus, you get a bigger benefit out of slotting them in higher-leveled weapons. We've also made a change to how summons work so that there is a cap on simultaneous instances. If the max is reached and a new summon is activated, it will destroy the oldest. The max simultaneous can be increased with Soul Anchor.
Iron Sentinel: Properly targets/shoots Ghasts and Root Frog
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Basically, just a bug fix.
Rattle Weed: Power requirement increased from 750 to 1000
Rattle Weed: Reduced initial aggro generation pulse
Rattle Weed: Enemies can now be pulled off Rattle Weed if they take enough damage
Rattle Weed: Enabled constant "pulsing" aggro generation to pull enemies spawned after cast
Rattle Weed: Casting a 2nd Rattle Weed while first is out will remove the 1st
Rattle Weed: When expired/killed, drops aggro immediately (originally was still active for 5s)
Rattle Weed: Now affected by Soul Anchor for +1 max simultaneous summons
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Rattle Weed has always been "too good" in a game that has a lot of enemies that you are expected to deal with. We didn't want to change the core concept of the mod, but we did want to reduce how overpowered it was. We increased the buildup so it takes just a bit longer to fill. We reduced the initial aggro "pulse" by a significant amount so it didn't lock enemies on it until death (this allows you to pull enemies off now with damage). We also added a constant "pulse" that will pull newly spawned enemies towards it assuming you do not already have too much aggro. Additionally, when a second Rattle Weed is summoned, the first one is immediately killed. Previously, it would stick around for 5s and hold aggro which made it even more effective than it should have been. Players can still summon 2 Rattle Weed if they use Soul Anchor.
Veil of the Black Tear: Now unbreakable while active - duration scales with weapon level
DEVELOPER COMMENT: No longer breakable while active, Veil of the Black Tear should now do the job we all thought it should be doing from the beginning.
Swarm: Increased duration from 20s to 25s
Swarm: Reduced charges to 1
DEVELOPER COMMENT: We wanted to make Swarm a sort of "buddy" that followed you around and attacked anything dangerous. However, there is a bug (no pun intended) in this patch that keeps the duration to 12s. It's known and will be fixed in the next patch. However, look forward to double duration in the future. Putting this note here because we know players will see that it says 25s and is still only lasting half that duration.
Breath of the Desert: Charges increased from 2 to 3
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Reverted the reduction of charges. We want players to feel more like a caster with Breath of the Desert. With 3 charges, we may eventually need to adjust the damage. For now, rest assured that we will never again change the total charges of Breath of the Desert (unless we do).

ENEMIES
Shade/Shatter: Improved behavior across the board
Undying King: Beam Rifle will properly stagger certain phases
Undying King: No longer changes target mid attack
Canker: Wave can no longer be killed via explosions
Ixillis: Fixed issue with exploiting part of fight through wall
Ixillis: Changed scream hit-reaction so as to no longer push players off bridge
The Unclean One: Caskets no longer spawn enemies after the fight
Kin-Caller: No longer slows game when killed during summon
DEVELOPER COMMENT: General behavior and bug feedback. The goal is to clean up the rough edges and make the fights less exploitable and more consistent!
Nightmare: Breakout requirement reduced by 30% (was 10% of 1mil base, now 3.5% of 2mil base)
Nightmare: Breakout phase timer variance (15-30s) removed - now 30s flat
Nightmare: Vulnerable phase increased from 5s to 7s
Nightmare: No longer faces away when broken out
Nightmare: No longer changes target after starting an attack
Nightmare: Health doubled (... we're serious.)
Nightmare: Should no longer be fightable immediately after being defeated
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Some players found the Nightmare breakout phase to be tedious so we reduced the breakout threshold and increased the total health (by double). This is so that players can more consistently get to the "fun" part of the fight which is seeing massive numbers. We also reduced the variance of the breakout phase (for consistency) and increased the total amount of DPS time when broken. Also... some bug fixes.

MISC
Used the Control Rod to play fetch with Wasteland Goodboy
DEVELOPER COMMENT: The Wasteland Goodboy has been an extremely good boy since launch day and we felt it only right that he got some quality play time. We've been working on setting up a play date with Earth Goodboy but have yet to find him.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
rip rattle weed

Kidding, pretty reasonable nerf on it actually.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
RiP Devouring loop - you shall be missed

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

RiP Devouring loop - you shall be missed

Also bandit devourer players get that poo poo out of your system before they nerf it.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Just so you can see how bad the math is on devouring now:

Devouring description leaves a bit to be desired - but what it does is do 300% of your crit damage when it procs. So if you have 100% bonus crit damage (2x damage on a regular crit), devouring will do 3x THAT number (so 6x damage on a devouring crit) which is really nice.

This interacted with Catalyst (now changed) so your chance for a devouring crit was 20%.

So let's take the following for numbers to see what they just did to it:
Damage (base): 1
Crit chance: 25%
Crit damage: 100%
Catalyst: Maxed (15%)

Without Devouring:
75 Regular hits: 75 damage
25 regular crits: 50 damage
TOTAL: 125 Damage

Pre-Nerf Devouring
In 100 hits:
75 regular hits: 75 damage
20 regular crits: 40 damage (2x damage)
5 Devouring crits: 30 damage (6x damage)
TOTAL: 145 Damage (16% increase over baseline)

Nerfed Devouring
In 100 hits
75 regular hits: 75 damage
23.75 regular crits: 47.5 damage (2x damage)
1.25 devouring crits: 7.5 damage (6x damage)
TOTAL: 130 Damage (4% increase over baseline)

Even with new Akari set buffs up:
In 100 hits
95 regular crits: 190 damage
5 devouring crits: 30 damage
TOTAL: 220 Damage (compared to 200 damage without Devouring- we're talking less than a 10% increase at 100% crit chance)

Tinfoil Papercut fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Aug 30, 2019

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
I'm pretty early in the game still but I'm glad I didn't sleep on this one. There's definitely some indie jank but I've been having a good time; can't wait to get a friend in to do some co-op.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
How solo friendly is this game? Am I going to want/need other people to play with or not really?

Orv
May 4, 2011

RPZip posted:

How solo friendly is this game? Am I going to want/need other people to play with or not really?

With a couple notable boss exceptions, can you take two seconds out of your time to shoot adds during a boss? You can solo fine.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
The volume of adds is generally throttled to how many people are in the game, as a solo player you won't be getting that many. Some players have a real hard spot with the trash mobs showing up during a lot of boss encounters.

There are ways to deal with them easily such as using rattle weed, a minion summon, several gun mods which wipe them out quickly, or being a melee spec and smashing their face in for some easy HP.

One of the hardest (the hardest?) fights in the game, the Corvus boss, has "adds" which are 1 HP balls of light you need to shoot. As a solo player, they spawn only on one side of the arena where as 2 or 3 players it spawns them on both and in greater numbers. This fight is much easier to solo. A lot of people also find the final boss easier to solo.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
The only bosses I struggled with adds on, I kept shooting the adds and they eventually stopped or slowed down enough I could focus the boss. So it might seem overwhelming at the start but if you just hold out for an extra few seconds or whatever it seems to slow down.

I've only played solo, for what it's worth.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

This game is way easier solo because when you have multiple players it ramps up the amount of spawns and their health, so a lot of boss fights become real slogs in co-op. The last boss for example is nearly impossible to co-op because you need all 3 players to understand the gimmick, be better-than-average to solo the add phases long enough to get enough stacks and then you have to deal with the boss having way more hp because of 3 players. There are a lot of other bosses like this where I failed in public co-op games several times in a row before deciding to say gently caress it and go solo and as soon as I did that they were a breeze

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Man that final boss gimmick is poo poo. Think I'm over this game now, hopefully the patches make it cool again

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
My gripe with last boss coop is that anyone who isn't doing the shadow realm thing kinda gets to do nothing until the guy pops the boss open. Sure they get adds to clear but it being unable to do much to the boss itself sucks.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
I really regretted this purchase at first but it got a lot better as I played. I hope it does well enough that they can put more money into its development.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nifft posted:

I really regretted this purchase at first but it got a lot better as I played. I hope it does well enough that they can put more money into its development.

It has done gangbusters, mostly through word of mouth. They're going to support it for a while though are obviously unwilling to talk about specifics just yet beyond the stuff they were already talking about.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
I hope there yet remains some totally broken item interaction that everyone's sleeping on but I'm not holding my breath. Now that turrets have been toned down too I worry I may actually have to learn how to play the game.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

I got carried through the last boss by some genius with a super dps set up. He came out the portal guns blazing and took half the boss’s HP like candy.

Just started NG+. I think Earth is my second fav world after Rhom. Just so desolate and miserable, great level geometry and a real sense that Nothing Is Okay

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
I ran a SMG/Beam/Swarm/Breath of the Desert build on NG+ and breezed through it. Shoot adds to build stacks, press F to delete boss. I wouldn't say it's "broken" but it's very easy to work with and you barely have to aim.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
yeah i've seen a few one shot builds using berserker fetish, breath of the desert, and smg with song of swords, and a sniper rifle with the slayer set

i have no idea how it does THAT much damage, though, is there something i'm missing with an interaction?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Russian Remoulade posted:

I hope there yet remains some totally broken item interaction that everyone's sleeping on but I'm not holding my breath. Now that turrets have been toned down too I worry I may actually have to learn how to play the game.

Bandit Armor+Devastator is the most broken thing in the game. It is getting patched out sometime soon, though. I beat Gorefist solo in about 10-15 seconds with this. Only had time to Spawn adds once.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Alright I killed the final fucker. Still an incredibly bad gimmick, but I'm glad the respec item actually does respec everything, so you can dump all the 1 point wonder bullshit and whatever unoptimal crap your archetype gave you into the Real poo poo.

Not really interested in playing this further until the adventure mode thing comes out, so I can get that Bandit set and Assault Rifle. Even then, I need something to fuss with apart from just More Stuff, because I'm not going to grind mats just for more numbers on More Stuff; I want cool elemental ammo poo poo or whatever that's not tied to mods.

serakyu
Jan 11, 2007

and lo, motherfuckers
For some reason every zone I enter a new zone my "rating vs zone" shows me as underleveled (red down arrows for both offense/defense). If I farm a bit and upgrade a level or two, it shows me as the same level (white diamonds for both). If I don't kill a boss that I'm appropriately leveled for in a session, when I log back in it'll show that I'm somehow underleveled. Is there some kind of PS4 bug or am I misunderstanding the way zones scale in this game? Totem Father (melee) is proving to be a huge bitch due to this. The fact that I seem to have gotten a horrible world roll in terms of good world equipment spawns is only adding to my frustration.

I've also yet to have anybody completely be able to join my public games- they'll show up, I'll go to a crystal, they'll zone in, then they'll disappear before I get a message a few minutes later saying they left the game.

Anybody else having similar issues?

edit: I tend to play for a little while late at night after work. If there are any goons looking for buddies, I'm on PS4. West coast.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Liking this game so far, but I wish they didn't hide the few weapons in the game behind things like 'find the rare coin SOMEWHERE ON EARTH' to get one.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The first boss/midboss I fought was a Shroud Enchanter and that felt like bullshit for a while. But now I'm like twelve hours in, just past the Undying King, and have spent most of my time rolling around with randoms to great effect.

I haven't looked deeply enough at gear to really exploit gear combinations but those update notes sound like the devs have their heads on right.

This game is great for forty bucks.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i had a random guy join me on rhom as i was talking to the king and after i got ported to swampland i spawned him in and then he played with me for like three hours, all the way through corsus and yaesha. :3 it was great. Unfortunately due to the way Steam apparently handles this game there's no way to see who a player is if they have a common name because you have to search for them and they don't show up in "recently played" or "this session", which is sad

rip whatever that guy's name was

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Really amazed with what you can convey using gunshots, ADS-spam and crouching. Like they added VOIP (that’s cool! Thanks!) but aside from thrashin around like fools co op has been fine

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
I've never hit a boss so enraging that it has made me want to refund a game until Gorefist.

Edit: Actually I have, they are normally just after the two hour mark!

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Sixto Lezcano posted:

I got carried through the last boss by some genius with a super dps set up. He came out the portal guns blazing and took half the boss’s HP like candy.

Just started NG+. I think Earth is my second fav world after Rhom. Just so desolate and miserable, great level geometry and a real sense that Nothing Is Okay

Earth suffers a bit from the fact that "overgrown desolate City" has been done to death, but they do a drat good job with it. Even the sewers are alright!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Earth suffers a bit from the fact that "overgrown desolate City" has been done to death, but they do a drat good job with it. Even the sewers are alright!

I think what makes it work for me is how deliberate and slow this stuff is. In fallout and the division I’m in an urban wasteland emptying whole clips into the faces of weird jerks in fetish gear. Here I shoot three bullets into a tree man.