Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Sage Grimm posted:

So for those in Evolve playing in the Hell Dimension and cussing out the demons always destroying your fortress, well the math isn't in your favour at least initially. A siege chance will start with an initial value of 999 and compare it against a random number between 0 and it. If it isn't 0, it decrements chance by 1 and tries again in the next Hell Dimension tick. If it is 0, a siege starts.

The calculus for the fortress fight is as follows:
- Divide the current threat value by 2 then use it as the maximum bound for the generated random number that will start a siege; statistically, this will average out to a quarter of the current threat
- Divide the fortress defense rating by 35 or use 1 if it less than that. This gives the number of demons killed per round as a range from [1, defend + 1]
- For every round, roll to kill demons (additionally subtract them from the current threat) and remove 1 percent from the wall while the siege is still going
- If the wall strength hits 0%, everyone on your side dies

The first two bits are why it's so difficult to succeed initially. I had 4 patrols of 15 fiery-backed gene-boosted antids pushing down the threat to around 1100-1200 and 10 stationed in the fortress giving me a defense rating of 256 (also one laser turret). The maximum number in their siege would be 600 but I would only be dealing 1-8 damage per round; it would be like bringing a water pistol to a fight against a flamethrower. I would only be able to deal with, on average, a siege of <500. Changing that to stationing 70 gets me a rating of 2219 against 10000 threat: 33.5 avg damage against an average 2500 siege means I'll likely win the first one (in ~73 rounds) but the wall won't regenerate enough for the second. However, playing around with it while writing this post I have 60 stationed + a patrol of 15 keeping the threat down to under 3000. At the biggest siege, I'll hold in ~53 rounds on average. Thus my recommendation is dumping the majority of your army into the fortress and maintain a patrol just large enough to keep casualties lower than your training speed.

Whatever the case, in order to get Infernite you have to be patrolling; the equation is set up so that a surveyor is instantly killed if you have no one manning your fortress. Once I get into war droids this will definitely become easier, the laser turrets don't appear to be very useful in the face of numbers since they require significant power.

I've got heavy patrols (6 10 man units) and 16 defenders + 8 turrets (1038 defense) and it ran all night without the fortress being overrun. Keeps the demons to about 1k with one active beacon and my surveyors don't seem to die anymore. The casualties are also below my recruitment rate with 12 boot camps. Soul gem drop rate seems VERY low, though, so I'm going to build a few more beacons.

Build turrets! You really do need them so you can put more dudes on patrol and keep your surveyors safe. 1k demons seems to keep surveyor deaths to a minimum. You can turn off your Mass Drivers since they only affect local system fuel costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Ineptitude posted:

Huh?

The only one worth wearing is the Ascended x6 one, all the other variants are way outpaced by the other gear you have by the time you are able to get some more levels on your newest pendant.
And the only reason Ax6 is worth wearing is at that stage of the game you no longer need NGU speed from accessories

I just got the Ascended Ascended and never took the previous one off unless I needed to boost my EP.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Been playing evolve off and on, what do I need to get to the sun and beyond? I have about 500 plasmids, but I basically run out of oil/H-3 capacity and get stuck. Do I need start spending plasmids on the capacity next? What other things should I buy?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Lockback posted:

Been playing evolve off and on, what do I need to get to the sun and beyond? I have about 500 plasmids, but I basically run out of oil/H-3 capacity and get stuck. Do I need start spending plasmids on the capacity next? What other things should I buy?

You should have most of the crisper upgrades (Basically everything under 600 plasmid) before heading to space. You can certainly do it earlier than that but you should have the non cost creep reduction stuff done. For oil and H-3 mass drivers are extremely important this comes with the problem of power generation.

Don't forget Supercollider give more storage after a certain rank and research, you probably need a level 10 or so for your first space reset. You use this to increase your capacity, you also use stock market research to increase your total income, and the monoliths to increase your max morale to keep everything flowing.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Lockback posted:

How are your ARPA project levels? Each one unlocks new technology at level 2 that might help push you a little further.

Mass Drivers don't need to stay on all the time, they might help you bridge that H3 gap.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Hi friends

NGU Idle got its store page approved so here it is! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147690/NGU_IDLE/

If you lovely goons could wishlist the game, it'll help the Steam algorithmic overlords push NGU to places to be seen and then I become happier.

edit: also, I have some steam keys if anyone wants to help test the steam implementation. Goons get first dibs.

something fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 28, 2019

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Mass Drivers don't need to stay on all the time, they might help you bridge that H3 gap.

You know what, that is a dynamite solution.

pixaal posted:

You should have most of the crisper upgrades (Basically everything under 600 plasmid) before heading to space. You can certainly do it earlier than that but you should have the non cost creep reduction stuff done. For oil and H-3 mass drivers are extremely important this comes with the problem of power generation.

Don't forget Supercollider give more storage after a certain rank and research, you probably need a level 10 or so for your first space reset. You use this to increase your capacity, you also use stock market research to increase your total income, and the monoliths to increase your max morale to keep everything flowing.

Great advice, thanks!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

something posted:

Hi friends

NGU Idle got its store page approved so here it is! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147690/NGU_IDLE/

If you lovely goons could wishlist the game, it'll help the Steam algorithmic overlords push NGU to places to be seen and then I become happier.

edit: also, I have some steam keys if anyone wants to help test the steam implementation. Goons get first dibs.

Gimme dem keys

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

something posted:

I would like this.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

something posted:

Clearly I should get one since I helped you find issues with the Kart implementation. :v:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

something posted:

I think I’ve pestered you on Discord for a key already, but just in case.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Lockback posted:

You know what, that is a dynamite solution.

Great advice, thanks!

To add to that, once you've hit the helium grind for exploration, take just a minute to set up most everything required by the supercollider so it's above 100/s, it makes things so much smoother when you're just waiting for knowledge. I think copper is required, and getting it above 100/s is too much of a pain so you should increase the capacity to ~150K usually, but steel & cement especially you'll just need hundreds of thousands for the reset.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

something posted:

Hi friends

I'd take an ole key.

Wishlisted.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Chakan posted:

To add to that, once you've hit the helium grind for exploration, take just a minute to set up most everything required by the supercollider so it's above 100/s, it makes things so much smoother when you're just waiting for knowledge. I think copper is required, and getting it above 100/s is too much of a pain so you should increase the capacity to ~150K usually, but steel & cement especially you'll just need hundreds of thousands for the reset.

There's also a queue now so make sure to queue up a good 8 hours worth of buildings before work / sleep! I've made some pretty significant idle progress with that and really it feels right. I think a queue would fix most of the problems with kittens game, it's so simple and yet why did this take so long? Use the queue to get buildings that are a big pain in the rear end to build, built. The stuff that is basically AFK for 2 hours to get enough rare materials that you have better uses for.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
To be honest, im not looking forward to sadistic difficulty at all.

Is really the average player so far into evil mode that another higher difficulty is needed?

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

something posted:

Hi friends

Key me please

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ineptitude posted:

Is really the average player so far into evil mode that another higher difficulty is needed?

No, but what does it hurt that the content exists?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Oh yeah, I want a key too

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ineptitude posted:

I don’t think it’s for the average player.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
Regarding "Idle Skilling"

cyrn posted:

Published Oct. 11, 2018... Requires Flash. :psyduck:

It's available on Android in the Google Play store.

It seems to work well enough on my phone.

Also, I found that I also had 9999 hours away when I launched the game for the first time, since I played it for a little while before but bounced off of it. Helpful!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

something posted:

Hi friends

Here's some feedback.

Add some music to your trailer, it's really off putting to watch a trailer without any sound at all.

It makes it a little harder to watch the whole thing.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

something posted:

Hi friends

Wishlisted, would love a key but don't have PMs - I could bug you on discord later?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Ineptitude posted:

Some are. I'm basically at the end of current content. I have the first three pages of wishes unlocked (when sorted by speed). Nearly all of the perks except for the generic bar/cap/power IV perks and the 4 million PP-each adventure hack milestone reducer. Way behind on QP stuff but that's because I don't optimize for QP at all.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Some are. I'm basically at the end of current content. I have the first three pages of wishes unlocked (when sorted by speed). Nearly all of the perks except for the generic bar/cap/power IV perks and the 4 million PP-each adventure hack milestone reducer. Way behind on QP stuff but that's because I don't optimize for QP at all.

I'm only a bit behind this, playing pretty drat casually. I don't bother to reset every day, I've gone 1-2 months without resetting a few times. But there's still pretty much no content left for me in the current difficulty besides Exile v4 and that's extremely minor.

The development of idle games usually is done with new top end content that only a small % of players can instantly access, but supplemented with other stuff that assists people in getting to that point in the game.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

I would happily take a NGU key if any are still available!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Ineptitude posted:

It's less that and more that there's already a set end point at boss 301. In order to keep having unlocks that are paced correctly for power curve another difficulty is needed. I'm easily killing up to 280 right now and exile is what, 178?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
woah, that was a lot more goons than i expected.

okay to make this easier for me to deliver keys, i'd ask if you pm me on discord so i can keep track of it all. Also note that:

1) It's gonna have WIP builds that may be totally busted at times

2) Any save put into it will not load back into the .427 builds on Kong and Kart

3) I'm really hoping for testing and feedback to come out of your early access plz

given that, PM away on discord!

Ineptitude posted:

A pretty small percent, but still surprisingly higher than you'd expect! Also those folks are the ones most into the game, so keeping the bleeding edge content going is pretty important.

something fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 28, 2019

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
quote is not edit

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

what do you do to get to super-space (past the bioseed reset) in evolve. does it involve building space probes

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Complete the World Collider and turn it on for the first time. That starts up the Hell Dimension sub-tab. I believe you need to research a topic that'll show up after WSC turning on to get the Interstellar sub-tab.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
the trailer should just be a number going up with 'thus spake zarathustra' in the background

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

something posted:

woah, that was a lot more goons than i expected.

I've wishlisted your game, godspeed! No need for a key, unless you will be adding Steam achievements to the game. ;)

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

What's the difference between offline and online in NGU? Just the item drops in adventure? For reference, I've just unlocked ITOPOD (so very early).

Also I need a stupid big flashing button that says "throw money at the well before you rebirth, idiot". I know there is a button that says exactly that, but it's not a stupid big flashing one and I'm an idiot. :(

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The money pit button does turn green when it's able to have gold thrown into it, so there's something colorful there already. It's not flashy or anything, but I think it stands out a lot just from that.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
In a similar vein, it'd be nice if it reminded you that you had enough gold for a digger upgrade.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

something posted:

Hi friends

Wishlisted, but im still playing on kong website.

Is there any reason i should move over to steam?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Dragonatrix posted:

The money pit button does turn green when it's able to have gold thrown into it, so there's something colorful there already. It's not flashy or anything, but I think it stands out a lot just from that.

Yeah, I know, it's entirely my fault for not thinking before pressing buttons.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Meskhenet posted:

Wishlisted, but im still playing on kong website.

Is there any reason i should move over to steam?

Steam will, and kart currently does, provide a local exe copy.

This means it runs much better and uses significantly less resources. Unity uses a lot of resources in a browser after browsers tightened up plugin security in the wake of flash and java not fixing their exploits.

Steam will likely get cards at full release if you plan on buying ap. But you can always just migrate your save.

There's little reason to be in the steam beta if you just want to play and not test but the full steam release will run better than Kong.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

So I just rebirthed in Evolve for the first time, other than the Plasmids I've earned are there any other stat boosts earned from doing this? I feel like the early game is going faster this time around but can't tell if that's just because I know what I'm doing from the get go this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Having access to Temples and religious research speeds up your second run considerably.