Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

wolrah posted:

Heck, you can get 'em with a bathroom easily enough:

https://www.renegaderv.com/renegade-classic-sportdeck-2019
http://www.showhauler.com/products/toterhomes/
http://www.powerhousecoach.com/coch11ext.html

All three of these vendors do mostly custom and semi-custom builds so if you have the money to spend you can get your truck and RV body configured any way you want, the only limits are the size of your wallet and 80,000 GCVW.
I recently saw a couple of these with matching trailers! Renegades, I think. They looked really really expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Powershift posted:

Wanna know a secret?

They only cost 6 dollars.

Bobcat uses the same key for everything they build, you can go down to the bobcat dealer and buy a key for 6 dollars, and then go find one of your own.

I will adopt a stray Bobcat and dig trenches in my neighbors' backyards while they shower me in cash.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wanna know another little secret your grandfather never taught you?

If you need to wrench in a tight space, put your wrench on the nut from the front, put a louisville slugger through the box end, and twist.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Why is the person with the remote wearing a hazmat suit?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
He's wearing a coverall and Stig mask because he knows everyone else in that video is about to be lawfuckled by the aviation regulatory body

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Is it still the same boiler then?
Trimming is disposable but the pressure vessel remains and is the soul of what folks would call "the boiler"

We mostly started making steam pressure vessels hold up to dumb poo poo like running creek water into your feed because you never know so short of sending water into a dry hot boiler the pressure vessels probably going to outlive anybody working on it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-wales-49508070/man-fined-after-driving-car-with-a-car-on-its-roof-in-aberystwyth

uhh......

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I'm not sure why he was charged that way, I'd have said dangerous driving (a much more serious offence) was more applicable, because that is sure as gently caress an unsafe load.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I don't see anything wrong with this, reproduction is a beautiful and natural thing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

monolithburger posted:

I don't see anything wrong with this, reproduction is a beautiful and natural thing.

That wasn't reproduction, that was disposing of a dead body.

........do you not know the difference? :ohdear:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Powershift posted:

Maybe that poster is a parasitic wasp and does both at once, you don't know who someone is on the internet.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

wdarkk posted:

Maybe that poster is a parasitic wasp and does both at once, you don't know who someone is on the internet.

hey i just learned the other day that there are some wasps which parasitise OTHER parasitic wasps? and? what????? the gently caress?????????????

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

hey i just learned the other day that there are some wasps which parasitise OTHER parasitic wasps? and? what????? the gently caress?????????????

It's parasitic wasps all the way down.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Powershift posted:

All I know is it involves two stiffs.

No_talent
Jul 30, 2009

Someone accidently drilled through the rockbolts:

Silly goose left some ANFO on the ground:

Seems safe enough:

This black poopy looking uranium lived in that canvas tent under a lead sheet:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Powershift posted:

It's parasitic wasps all the way down.

Yo dawg I heard you like...

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Powershift posted:

From scraps to scraps, from spares to spares. Such is the cycle of life!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

No_talent posted:

Someone accidently drilled through the rockbolts:

Silly goose left some ANFO on the ground:

Seems safe enough:

This black poopy looking uranium lived in that canvas tent under a lead sheet:

Looks like you're having a blast

No_talent
Jul 30, 2009

On more than one occasion my department has been referred to as "a bunch of loving cowboys".

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/WUk4Ds3.mp4

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Dante's Peak reboot looks a little sparse

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

And this is why you clean your dryer lint trap regularly

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WccfbPQNMbg&t=82s

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Powershift posted:

If boilers turned all the water that went into them to steam, it would constantly build up minerals boiled out of it on the inside of the boiler.

They dump a portion of it as extremely hot water to flush the water impurities out. that water is so hot, it almost instantly turns to steam.

It's basically, don't hang around the death tube if you don't have to. make sure nobody is around the death tube when you open it.

The water in the oilfield is usually just sucked straight out of rivers or creeks, so often has a bunch of bonus goo in it.

modern boilers have cooldown tanks and everything so people don't loose like, skin and flesh and stuff.

The first apartment my wife and I lived in had steam heat, and we (I) was required to do basic upkeep for a much cheaper rent (fixing switches, outlets, etc.). One of the tasks was blowing down the boiler once a week. It was 3 floors down in the basement, and if you forgot, it would gently remind you at 3am on a Sunday morning (usually after a Saturday night of partying) by causing the radiators in our apartment to erupt in song. We're talking the "anvil chorus" here. I'd haul my hungover butt down to the basement (half dressed usually) and drain about 5 gallons of rusty, sulphur-y crap water into the floor drain and verify by the water glass that it had auto-refilled. The system would finally shut up at that point, and then I could grab another couple hours of sleep. At least it was a smart boiler, it wouldn't allow a blowdown if it was currently firing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That doesn't look like it's supposed to happen

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Dr Strange picked a weird place for a portal, but I suppose he has his reasons 🤔

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

iospace posted:

That doesn't look like it's supposed to happen

It looks pretty awesome though so even if it wasn't originally intended I think they should make it part of the process from now on.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I've always wondered how a steel mill or similar facility cleans up a spill like that. How do you get hardened steel puddles off the floor and ceiling once they've cooled to room temperature?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Imagined posted:

I've always wondered how a steel mill or similar facility cleans up a spill like that. How do you get hardened steel puddles off the floor and ceiling once they've cooled to room temperature?

It usually cools while flying through the air and just lands as a dust.....

COMBUSTIBLE DUST, BUAHAHAHAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d37Ca3E4fA

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Powershift posted:

It usually cools while flying through the air and just lands as a dust.....

COMBUSTIBLE DUST, BUAHAHAHAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d37Ca3E4fA

But what about the ones where a huge ladle tips over at a steel mill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6kAEcG7mmg

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

i would imagine they come in with torches and cut it out in chunks.

The concrete underneath pretty much turns to powder from the rapid temp change.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Imagined posted:

Jackhammers.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Imagined posted:

But what about the ones where a huge ladle tips over at a steel mill.

I think that they use thermal lances to chunk the spills into movable pieces.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Imagined posted:

Best way is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Imagined posted:

Well, either heat them up and scrape them off..or dump more hot steel on the floor and make it level thus creating a new floor.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Imagined posted:

Now ask the question as to what happens in a chocolate factory when a huge vat of expensive chocolate spills onto the floor

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Shut up Meg posted:

Now ask the question as to what happens in a chocolate factory when a huge vat of expensive chocolate spills onto the floor

I saw a documentary on a chocolate factory once, and let me tell you this, their safety standards are almost criminally substandard.

Their labor policies leave something to be desired as well.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Powershift posted:

I saw a documentary on a chocolate factory once, and let me tell you this, their safety standards are almost criminally substandard.

Their labor policies leave something to be desired as well.

The music pieces accompanying the accidents are quite catchy, though.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Lurking Haro posted:

The music pieces accompanying the accidents are quite catchy, though.

Oompa loompa doopty dunion, you will be fired if you vote for a union.
Oompa loompa doublety dome, if you get injured say it happened at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

Oompa loompa doopty dunion, you will be fired if you vote for a union.
Oompa loompa doublety dome, if you get injured say it happened at home.

What do you get when you file a claim?

A saftey manager will deftly exclaim:

What were you doing standing right there?

Our 100-page handbook is perfectly clear!

MaybeWeShouldFireYou

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 30, 2019