Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

thepokey posted:

Maybe I'm just misremembering it because I was a kid, but were the legends games of the 90s/early 00s a bigger deal/played with just a bit more meaning?

Yes, when it was mid season (during the bye?) and had more past players and less radio hosts.

It also wasn't in an aflx format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I feel like there is probably a direct correlation between it getting utterly insufferable and James Brayshaw beginning as its main commentator .. at least in my mind thats when i remember it going from "eh, this is kinda fun and nostalgic" to putrid.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
slideing daws

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://im2.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-2-f01f35fdff38.mp4
https://gfycat.com/deafeningacrobaticanura

:stare:

drunkill fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Aug 30, 2019

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

What is that band and why do they exist

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

That was the point I turned the TV off. Walla is great but that band are pretty embarrassing (not as embarrassing as the blow job they've been getting from the media though)

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Was hoping this would be the chats but its not

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

drunkill posted:

ah yes, I remember growing up watching Teddy Whitten playing our glorious game of AFLX.

EJX Whitten, more like.

Fevola got fat, wanganeen looks like he could still play a few seasons of proper footy. He's 47, but looks 35.

Wanganeen played a game of country footy a month ago or so.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Diet Crack posted:

I just discovered I have lunch fairly regularly in the same pub they filmed Pub Feed at

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Diet Crack posted:

Speaking of blowjobs from the media...

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Lmao they gave Stephen Milne the best on ground for the Whitten game

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
fevola did his knee playing zero pressure aflx.

a night to remember

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Why did they let him play in the first place

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
because he can kick goals from 65 out off a step

and he's a radio host (like 5 other players) so they could attempt to hype the game up during the week.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Probably has gambling debts that still need paying off too

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Matt De Boer got a contract extension til 2021, genuinely happy to see him do well for BWS. Apparently he’s been getting tips off Crowley.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

There's a petition to give Tassie its own footy team: https://unitedwestand.com.au

I don't know if it will do any good but I like to think my signature has put Norf one step closer to being moved to a permanent home across Bass Strait.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Since it's the bye week, we have VFL finals kicking off today. Three games today and only the one tomorrow but all four games are broadcast in one way or another.

SATURDAY

Footscray Bulldogs vs Williamstown is being broadcast on Casey Radio 97.7 through their website

Richmond vs Essendon is on Channel 7

Geelong vs Port Melbourne is on SEN 2

SUNDAY

Werribee vs Box Hill Hawks on Channel 7

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
David Kings proposed trade of Shaun Higgins to Geelong in exchange for their first round pick, while also paying his wage, has got to be one of the most spectacularly stupid things I've ever seen.

The fact King used to be a North player makes it even more bizarre

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Essendon VFL really looked to the AFL side for some finals inspiration there .... blowing a 40 point 3/4 lead is pretty incredible

At least we wont choke like this on Thursday night as we will be unlikely to actually score 40 points.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Testekill posted:

Since it's the bye week, we have VFL finals kicking off today. Three games today and only the one tomorrow but all four games are broadcast in one way or another.

SANFL Finals are underway for us over on the good side of the border.

Norwood beating Sturt 48-34 at half-time currently.

Adelaide vs Port Adelaide at 7.05pm tonight on Channel 7

Glenelg have a bye week.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

loving :lol:

I've never seen somebody less impressed at something designed solely as homage towards them, trying to look polite about it but completely unable to do so, hahaha.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Holy poo poo I thought someone had intercut that video of Walla looking awkward into the performance but nope, that ... that was him actually standing there while they kept cutting to him.

Speaking of Walla, so glad he signed on this week as he is cool and good.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Walla is heads and shoulders the best thing about Essendon at the moment

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Chairchucker posted:

What is that band and why do they exist

dunno, gonna assume they're from fremantle though with the lead singer rocking the dingo flour tshirt

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

snaeksikn posted:

dunno, gonna assume they're from fremantle though with the lead singer rocking the dingo flour tshirt

I thought that too, but they're from Brunswick

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
It's better than Dermott Brereton is a Hood.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/sirswampthing/status/1168139823325970433?s=21

Genuinely surprised we’ve only done it once

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Brad Scott took some nondescript job for the boys at the afl which means north have to pay the difference between whatever salary he’s on and $800k next year counting in their soft cap. It’s probably a big difference. Apparently they sacked him thinking he’d get a job somewhere else and they would get away without paying him out but nope.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Turns out Norf were the only ones who didn’t think he was shite

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Wow hard to imagine that the guy sacked by one of the most mediocre teams going round wouldn’t waltz into a better paying job

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Thank goodness he’s not coming to Freo

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Those 2 AFL execs who got sacked the other year for sexual harrassment were both on 900k a year so idk looks like the AFL pays pretty well

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

Those 2 AFL execs who got sacked the other year for sexual harrassment were both on 900k a year so idk looks like the AFL pays pretty well

Would love to see a tally of management salary expenses vs AFLW player salary expenses.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Would love to see a tally of management salary expenses vs AFLW player salary expenses.

Given AFLX got more money than AFLW I think we all know how this goes

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

Given AFLX got more money than AFLW I think we all know how this goes

Oh I know exactly how it will go, I just want to see how bad it is.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

snaeksikn posted:

Didn't one of them get hired at St Kilda?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

You Am I posted:

Didn't one of them get hired at St Kilda?

Yes.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

snaeksikn posted:

Brad Scott won't be an executive level though, he'll make 'only' about 250k I imagine. More than an assistant coach, less than a fulltime coach and north will have to pay the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

snaeksikn posted:

I know its cool and all to lead into a "poo poo on the saints" thing but Lethlean was let go for disrepute reasons as he was having an affair. It was not a harassment thing.