Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Bogart posted:

Good...musou...?

It's called Fate/Extella Link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I would really like a good Fate action/fighting game

FGO Arcade sure as poo poo ain't it
Musou games ain't it (I don't hate them, but they're not what I look for in action-y games)
Unlimited Codes is old, not that good, and has a weird selection of characters. The only non-Servant characters I'd have the slightest interest in playing as are Luvia and Kirei and they got Servant forms now!

Really, what I want most is a Servants-only arcade fighter or one of those Arena Battle-y games like Gundam VS. But I kind of don't think that it's in the cards for this particular franchise, since they could've done exactly that with arcade and instead... they did... whatever is they did.

A game with a single player focus would be interesting maybe but to be honest I grind on wyverns and D&D reject monsters enough in FGO. Unless it's filled with weird poo poo, like Crit Chickens.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I'd be so unbelievably down for a Platinum led telling of a fourth route in F/SN where the player can play as Saber Archer or Lancer and just fight every drat villain in the game (and eachother ofc). Not gonna happen most likely but a really fun idea

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

W.T. Fits posted:

It's called Fate/Extella Link.

Why isnt Charlie in GO yet? :mad:

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Having experienced grinding in Epic Seven, I can't help but feel extremely annoyed trying to grind Nerofest. I feel like at least 50% of my time is spent waiting on load screens, NP lag, characters loading when Arash dies or I'm switching out NP batteries. Why do I have to reload to the main screen instead of retrying the node I'm on from the victory screen? A year ago it all seemed normal, but now it feels like I'm wading through molasses.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

JP has killed most of those things, and since it's qol we can at least look forward to getting it somewhat sooner than they did (perhaps before Gilfest?)

but yeah i haven't even tried running plugsuit setups or arash since i imagine it would be more aggravating

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Trihugger posted:

Having experienced grinding in Epic Seven, I can't help but feel extremely annoyed trying to grind Nerofest. I feel like at least 50% of my time is spent waiting on load screens, NP lag, characters loading when Arash dies or I'm switching out NP batteries. Why do I have to reload to the main screen instead of retrying the node I'm on from the victory screen? A year ago it all seemed normal, but now it feels like I'm wading through molasses.

Yeah, FGO is not very good at loading new assets in for some reason. That said if you have a higher end phone a lot of those problems go away, I have a Note 9, it's light-years faster than my old phone and FGO runs really well on it including loading times being much, much faster.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Furnaceface posted:

Why isnt Archinedes in GO yet? :mad:

FTFY

Me and my four (soon to be five) Lizes eagerly await him.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Fateverse Souls game.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Galaga Galaxian posted:

FTFY

Me and my four (soon to be five) Lizes eagerly await him.

lmao, you just know thats going to be the subject of a dialogue line or few

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

All the Lizes should get together and form a band at some point. It would be Chaldea’s deadliest weapon.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Yeah, FGO is not very good at loading new assets in for some reason. That said if you have a higher end phone a lot of those problems go away, I have a Note 9, it's light-years faster than my old phone and FGO runs really well on it including loading times being much, much faster.

Doing a full data download should help with the loading times

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

At last, it's done.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Not until he’s bond 10, buddy.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Bogart posted:

Not until he’s bond 10, buddy.

Other people told me the same thing about this and other Servants. And my answer is still the same: "Nah."

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

YggdrasilTM posted:

Other people told me the same thing about this and other Servants. And my answer is still the same: "Nah."
what about 4* fous

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

Loading screens are still aggravatingly slow on my relatively good phone and nothing I've done to fix them has worked. The game also loves shutting down whenever it's not the active app, much more than any other mobile game I've played, adding even more frustrating load screens.

It's usually fine, but whenever there's a lotto event I start feeling like I could empty double the boxes if I didn't waste so much time in loading screens (or didn't start doing something else while waiting through a load screen)

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Elephant Parade posted:

what about 4* fous

Have to finish Da Vinci, Parvati and Kama first. Tesla is fourth in line.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 30, 2019

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I would really like a good Fate action/fighting game

FGO Arcade sure as poo poo ain't it
Musou games ain't it (I don't hate them, but they're not what I look for in action-y games)
Unlimited Codes is old, not that good, and has a weird selection of characters. The only non-Servant characters I'd have the slightest interest in playing as are Luvia and Kirei and they got Servant forms now!

Really, what I want most is a Servants-only arcade fighter or one of those Arena Battle-y games like Gundam VS. But I kind of don't think that it's in the cards for this particular franchise, since they could've done exactly that with arcade and instead... they did... whatever is they did.

A game with a single player focus would be interesting maybe but to be honest I grind on wyverns and D&D reject monsters enough in FGO. Unless it's filled within weird poo poo, like Crit Chickens.

ARC-works fighter, but just with saberfaces. Call it Fate/Cross Saber.

Or a team-based 3D fighter similar to Zone of the Enders meets Overwatch, each Servant having a specific set of abilities to help control the battlefield.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

YggdrasilTM posted:

your resolve has been tested, and found wanting

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Aurora posted:

your resolve has been tested, and found wanting

My resolve IS pretty low, to be honest. But forgive me if I want to enjoy my level 100 Tesla for a while instead of putting him in the backlines to bond farming in all the farming team comps.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

who needs to bond farm when you do all the content with them

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Factor_VIII posted:

Yeah, I suspect that this is the case.

tbf it's not just the name. The guy in charge worked on Extra and the staff appears to be largely ex-Imageepoch people.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Whoo, got a random drop of the CE already. Nice to not have to worry about that.

Will there be significantly better grinding days in the two future "phases" of this event? Currently grinding for gold medals is pretty dire, since I don't have one of the gold-boosting CEs (so I can only have a maximum of one from a support) and only 7-9 are dropped each run. I get a decent return on the bronze/silver medal level, since I can get a +3 from both of them. I still haven't even gotten 300 of them, since I only get like ~20 each run.

edit: Probably the most useful servant I have that makes a huge difference from playing in JP is Shuten Douji. An AoE Assassin is very nice, and for whatever reason I never leveled (or got?) the welfare Scathach in JP. Her AoE defense-down/charm is also good. She's paying dividends for the first phase of this event.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 30, 2019

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

klapman posted:

I'd be so unbelievably down for a Platinum led telling of a fourth route in F/SN where the player can play as Saber Archer or Lancer and just fight every drat villain in the game (and eachother ofc). Not gonna happen most likely but a really fun idea

Fate would lend itself very well to a Platinum-style Character Action Game like Bayonetta or MGR: Revengeance, I think.

The problem is that those games kind of require non-boss enemies for the player to stylishly hack through on their way to the big cinematic boss fights and the original F/SN doesn't really lend itself well to that. Zero does more (Tentacle greebles and hordes of Assassins) but I'm totally done with Zero, personally. I'd rather see a hypothetical game like that set in the Extraverse or some new original Grail War set in Hong Kong, with some new faces/servants from FGO as the summons rather than rehash the OGs.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

homunculi, an inordinate amount of mages (just don't think about it), servants with NPs that are armies or some poo poo

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

YggdrasilTM posted:

At last, it's done.

He's not fully Gold Fou'd

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Crasical posted:

Fate would lend itself very well to a Platinum-style Character Action Game like Bayonetta or MGR: Revengeance, I think.

The problem is that those games kind of require non-boss enemies for the player to stylishly hack through on their way to the big cinematic boss fights and the original F/SN doesn't really lend itself well to that. Zero does more (Tentacle greebles and hordes of Assassins) but I'm totally done with Zero, personally. I'd rather see a hypothetical game like that set in the Extraverse or some new original Grail War set in Hong Kong, with some new faces/servants from FGO as the summons rather than rehash the OGs.

Dragon's Teeth skeletons, from the original Fate/Stay Night, work just fine as fodder enemies.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I've been wracking my head who to give my Gold Fous to, and I suddenly realized it's obvious. Artoria, as my only NP5 SSR, should be the one to get them. Not my favorite, sure, but I have so many faves that it's impossible to just pick a single one. Of course, this conundrum will repeat itself after she is max Fou'd, but then I'll probably just do, like, Emiya or Lancelot or anyone else I have NP5 with.

EDIT: dogsicle, on behalf of all your Friends farming for petals right now, thank you for putting Kaleidoscope on your NP4 Fran and leveling some of her pertinent skills up. It's greatly appreciated.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Aug 31, 2019

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
You can’t go wrong with giving fous to Berserkers and 5* servants. Arash is also a good candidate.

Wait until you have to decide who to grail. “Grail your favorites”, sure. But they’re all my favorites!

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Just give me Etrian Odyssey but with servants.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Gologle posted:

I've been wracking my head who to give my Gold Fous to, and I suddenly realized it's obvious. Artoria, as my only NP5 SSR, should be the one to get them. Not my favorite, sure, but I have so many faves that it's impossible to just pick a single one. Of course, this conundrum will repeat itself after she is max Fou'd, but then I'll probably just do, like, Emiya or Lancelot or anyone else I have NP5 with.

EDIT: dogsicle, on behalf of all your Friends farming for petals right now, thank you for putting Kaleidoscope on your NP4 Fran and leveling some of her pertinent skills up. It's greatly appreciated.

np

previously i had leveled her skills with skadi in mind, but turns out her first skill isn't really useful until then...at least np levels can do some of the heavy lifting to compensate

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

truly the rudest awakening this nerofest is that every servant i try to raise is some crystal-gobbling jerk when i need to hold at least 60 of the things to max yagyu in two months

e: ゴゴゴゴゴ

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 31, 2019

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
No, seriously, Nasuborne would own.

Do it for Medusa's VA.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

dogsicle posted:

e: ゴゴゴゴゴ

Soon we will see if you are a true enemy of tyranny or just another Oppressor.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 31, 2019

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/sakat_s_uki/status/1167342609901088768

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

He's not fully Gold Fou'd

No NA Servant Is fully Gold Fou'd.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

YggdrasilTM posted:

No NA Servant Is fully Gold Fou'd.

Thus no NA Servant is complete. :colbert:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Vengarr posted:

You can’t go wrong with giving fous to Berserkers and 5* servants. Arash is also a good candidate.

Wait until you have to decide who to grail. “Grail your favorites”, sure. But they’re all my favorites!

I just used my first grail on someone and it was Bunyan. She will reach level 100 and I will consider the game won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Thus no NA Servant is complete. :colbert:

No JP Servant is fully command card strenghtened, so no JP Servant is complete too.