Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

find yourself a warlock with phoenix protocol, a well for every bridge segment. bing bong so simple

and then die to oryx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If I were going to band-aid Reckoning with minimal dev:

-Double all timers
-Return to matchmaking at the end
-Tier 3 is premades only
-Start countdown is paused until a player wagers
-Failing a stage restarts just that stage not the entire activity

If I were going to radically fix Reckoning from the foundation, I'd make it Menagerie.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

[idiot post removed]

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Remove Reckoning

Introduce 4 new colors of Rune

Add all Reckoning weapons and armor to Minaj

haveblue posted:

-Tier 3 is premades only

Silly thing is that that Tier 2 = Tier 3. Same damage, same timers, same activity; everything is the same-same-same. The only difference is 660 vs 690 Light or whatever. I wonder if they'll change Tier 2 vs Tier 3 in any way in October since all guardians will be 750 at all times.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Silly thing is that that Tier 2 = Tier 3. Same damage, same timers, same activity; everything is the same-same-same. The only difference is 660 vs 690 Light or whatever. I wonder if they'll change Tier 2 vs Tier 3 in any way in October since all guardians will be 750 at all times.

I always figured that was some sort of bug or oversight and that T2 was meant to end after the bridge.

Don't the ultra spawns on the bridge also change based on tier? Or is that entirely random.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

I always figured that was some sort of bug or oversight and that T2 was meant to end after the bridge.

Don't the ultra spawns on the bridge also change based on tier? Or is that entirely random.

They're completely identical except for Light Level, and T3 has an extra gun (or guns, depending on the week) in the loot pool.

Look how misleadingly they pitched it before launch, lol. "High Power Level" has historically been such a bad way of forcing something to be End Game.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

in gambit if you invade as a sentinel, the banner shield super gives the weapons of light buff to the enemy primeval so it shreds their team even standing in the well

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

kecske posted:

in gambit if you invade as a sentinel, the banner shield super gives the weapons of light buff to the enemy primeval so it shreds their team even standing in the well

Fuckin lmaooooo

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
Yeah I've been catching up on all of the annual pass stuff since I stopped playing last October. Black Armory wasn't too bad, the Izanami Forge unlock quest was a little long but no big deal. This Reckoning stuff though just boggles my mind. Did any of it make sense when it was first released? How did any of you keep playing through that season?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Everything about Prime and Reckoning was poorly conceived, implemented, and explained. Anyone who played a lot of Season of the Drifter was either a big fan of Gambit or was just doing other activities.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

Yeah I've been catching up on all of the annual pass stuff since I stopped playing last October. Black Armory wasn't too bad, the Izanami Forge unlock quest was a little long but no big deal. This Reckoning stuff though just boggles my mind. Did any of it make sense when it was first released? How did any of you keep playing through that season?

I quit for the entire season, outbreak prime and the recluse are the only real need to do things from that season. I could be missing something though as I didn't play during that season.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
You know what I didn’t miss about Destiny?

The loving load times. :stare:

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

Captain Log posted:

You know what I didn’t miss about Destiny?

The loving load times. :stare:

A cheap SSD helps a ton with that. The load times can still be long, but most of the inventory and director load goes away.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

"High Power Level" has historically been such a bad way of forcing something to be End Game.

I boosted myself to endgame power level immediately after reaching level 50 with the solstice armor lmao.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I forgot to set my SSD as the default install location before reinstalling this and moved it over there this morning, holy poo poo what a difference, inventory is instant.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Yeah, I need to get one anyways. My 500 gigs (or tb, I forget) is desperately full.

Can someone give me a quick view of the PVP meta? I've been playing Apex lately and I'm having to adjust my PVP game. Sure seems like everyone and their mother is running a shotgun and sliding everywhere.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Captain Log posted:

Yeah, I need to get one anyways. My 500 gigs (or tb, I forget) is desperately full.

Can someone give me a quick view of the PVP meta? I've been playing Apex lately and I'm having to adjust my PVP game. Sure seems like everyone and their mother is running a shotgun and sliding everywhere.

So you're playing destiny?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

PathAsc posted:

So you're playing destiny?

I can't tell if this is a joke or not, but Destiny 2. I played to the level cap when it came out and haven't touched it until a few days ago.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Captain Log posted:

I can't tell if this is a joke or not, but Destiny 2. I played to the level cap when it came out and haven't touched it until a few days ago.

Is joke

Destiny will always be slidy shotgun apes because bungo has no vision

Namaste

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The Oryx encounter in Reckoning is way easier than the Knights. He can’t one shot you. I wish I could do that all the time.

I’m glad the drop rates are getting patched. Tier 3 shouldn’t drop so many blues.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Destiny is loving with me for this reason - Can you not have your scoped aiming set at a different look speed than your general aiming and movement?

I know you have to have a high enough look speed to land supers and poo poo. But I always play with my scoped aiming set to a lower speed than my general.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Captain Log posted:

Destiny is loving with me for this reason - Can you not have your scoped aiming set at a different look speed than your general aiming and movement?

I know you have to have a high enough look speed to land supers and poo poo. But I always play with my scoped aiming set to a lower speed than my general.

Nope. Its one size fits all.

But if you have a XIM you can adjust it

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

CheeseFactory posted:

Nope. Its one size fits all.

But if you have a XIM you can adjust it

I’m an Xbox elite boi. I can probably make a custom preset but never will.

What do folks here recommend? I can’t decide between three or four.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I used the one that starts low sensitivity then ramps to max as you tilt the stick. it stops you from over shooting for fine adjustments.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Sounds like the lunas/rally barricade nerf coming is that it will just increase reload speed, not auto reload.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Emron posted:

Sounds like the lunas/rally barricade nerf coming is that it will just increase reload speed, not auto reload.

https://www.shacknews.com/article/102890/destiny-2-all-exotic-warlock-armor#aeon-soul

Control+F "your allies"

Sanguine Alchemy

Intrinsic Perk: Heightened Senses – Standing in a rift grants you and your allies heightened senses, allowing you to retain your radar while ADS. Additionally, powerful enemies are visually marked and can be tracked without line of sight.

I am dissapointed, Bungie.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Should have given them the actium war rig perk (trickle ammo into the mag at somewhat less than ROF) and then made war rig a stronger version or add some other boost to ARs

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That reckoning buff is some weak poo poo. A 25% bump in dropping rates, and slightly reduced enemy health? lol don’t worry guys it’s fixed, you only get blues 75% of the time now instead of 80% of the time. :downs:

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
It'd be nice to get a Nessus Flashpoint before Shadowkeep so I can finally finish this Wayfarer title

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Fly Molo posted:

That reckoning buff is some weak poo poo. A 25% bump in dropping rates, and slightly reduced enemy health? lol don’t worry guys it’s fixed, you only get blues 75% of the time now instead of 80% of the time. :downs:
tbf there is increased bad luck protection to guarantee a drop if you don't get one in a certain amount of rounds

the bad news is that you still have to play reckoning at all to get them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's a start but it doesn't really address the main problem with reckoning (namely that if you're all solos and there aren't at least one or two people with The Right Build you're almost certainly not going to clear it).

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There's a rumor floating around that the "Enemies in reckoning have reduced health and do less damage" may have affected ALL Taken enemies in all modes...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Aww gently caress guys no one told me #TAKEN_HEALTH_MULTIPLIER was a global define!!!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol gently caress yes

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The drifter has to be one of the worst characters in a video game, what a douche nozzle. This is probably ancient gripes for most of you but as a returning player this guy is just oof.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol what, he's legit the best

Dude actually has fun lines AND a story I want to hear, unlike pretty much every other living npc in game currently

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
I still have the last three slots in my Chalice to unlock. Is it possible to farm that many imperials before Sep 17? I need ~16000, and have already cashed in most of the triumphs. Why do I want that dumb emblem for moments of triumph?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Drifter has the single best line of dialog in the entire game.

"Haha! They shoulda run! Look at 'em now! They're dead!

Milosh posted:

I still have the last three slots in my Chalice to unlock. Is it possible to farm that many imperials before Sep 17? I need ~16000, and have already cashed in most of the triumphs. Why do I want that dumb emblem for moments of triumph?

If you buy one particular perk whose name I forget, you can grind imperials from strikes and crucible as well as menagerie itself. It'll take a lot of grinding to get 16,000 (they drop 500 at a time). Also make sure you're buying and using the 3 weekly drop boosters from the robot.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I dislike Drifter less after season of the drifter because his backstory is the only interesting thing going on in destiny, but nothing we've done with him has had any visible significance other than making me hate gambit so thumbs down on him.

Shaxx is legit the best character in the game, he does nothing but ooze GO OUT AND KILL STUFF YEEHAW which is the guardian ethos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

xzzy posted:

Shaxx is legit the best character in the game, he does nothing but ooze GO OUT AND KILL STUFF YEEHAW which is the guardian ethos.

and he fucks awoken queens