Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The only thing I want DE to add is the caves on the map for Fortuna having some text to let me know if I've discovered it or not. And for the hoverboard minigames to be marked as completed.

If the cave shows up on the full map, you've discovered it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Except for those lucky enough to have the trophy exploration bug. Permanently stuck 1 shy despite the map having all showing up :cool:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

prefect posted:

If the cave shows up on the full map, you've discovered it.

Yeah but I was paranoid for like 5 months because I couldn't find the last cave even after checking like 6 wikis.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

StashAugustine posted:

How is Neptune disrupt for creds?

Okay if you need seed money for the Index, avoid it otherwise.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Thanks for the tip on selling gems. That was quite a ride with all the people coming out of the woodwork wanting to buy. I'll have to remember this whenever a new frame drops that needs 'em.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Raptor1033 posted:

Except for those lucky enough to have the trophy exploration bug. Permanently stuck 1 shy despite the map having all showing up :cool:

So, in an effort to see if this has been fixed, I got a bug up my rear end and went spelunking. On the PS4, the release of the second orb mom was hosed up and they straight skipped the data hash stage. So in my newfound exploration, I'm coming across these loving things. Along with a bunch of 'roids and some memory chunks I missed. Fabulous. I'm also missing a bunch of music fragments. Anyone got tips on finding these things on this giant fuckoff map?

Oh, if I complete these memories, will the characters interact any differently with me? Or is it just orbiter lore?

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 30, 2019

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Raptor1033 posted:

I'm also missing a bunch of music fragments. Anyone got tips on finding these things on this giant fuckoff map?

This is a map of the possible spawn locations. The way it works that every time you load into the map, one (1) fragment spawns in a random one of these. Yeah.
So if you really wanna get them, you can keep reloading the map and then following the shown paths til you find them all. Me, I'm just gonna hope I keep occasionally stumbling upon one while floofing.
Good news is, they show up on loot radar like regular somachord fragments.

There's an additional fun wrinkle where when you find one, you can invite people, then those people can scan the fragment, leave the group, leave fortuna, and be reinvited, then scan the fragment again, and repeat until they have the complete song. Sadly you as host cannot do this successfully as far as I can tell.

And the memory bits are just orbiter lore, but they add a lot of depth to the characters, Ticker in particular.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Berke Negri posted:

That or maybe there was some bad dudes. We only loosely have an idea how tight the control the Orokin really had, and there was was definitely problems they had to deal with beyond sentients and infested and etc

Which could be bandits or outright rebels to the Orokin or both really

Modern-day Tenno are pretty openly heroic in every respect except "they work with Simaris, who is literally the Robot Devil from Futurama," but we already knew that Tenno from the old days were trusted minions of the Orokin and committed horrible things until they couldn't stand it any longer (or until they no longer had to maintain their cover and could murder them) -- just look at the Inaros lore. He helped pick out kids for the Orokin elite to bodyjack until he finally rebelled.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Do we even really know the level of control tenno had over themselves back then? We could've been like the Dax, only influenced by the dream instead of bound through genetic loyalty. Mirage kind of goes against this but that is probably a special case, and Inaros took a lot of time to rebel.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Tenno,

Looking to add a little more color to your Arsenal? Watch any Warframe Partner on Twitch or Mixer and get your very own Transmission Color Palette, featuring a beautiful selection of purples and blues!

WHEN: Starting Friday, August 30 at 2pm ET, until Friday, September 6 at 2pm ET!
HOW: Watch any Warframe Partner on Twitch or Mixer for 30 minutes!
WHO: You can see a full list of our Warframe Partners at our Partner index here: https://www.warframe.com/community/partners#partnerIndex
WHAT: The new Transmission Color Palette

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

FunkyFjord posted:

Do we even really know the level of control tenno had over themselves back then? We could've been like the Dax, only influenced by the dream instead of bound through genetic loyalty. Mirage kind of goes against this but that is probably a special case, and Inaros took a lot of time to rebel.

I mean, we know almost nothing. The timeline of the Old War is extremely obscure -- we don't know the order everything happened in, we don't know how long things lasted, etc.

On top of that it's not really clear whether autonomous Warframes, prior to the Tenno being brought in to control them were completely uncontrollable and useless, if they could be deployed as weapons and generally steered in the direction of the enemy, or if some of them outright had personalities without a Tenno at the helm. The lore for Rhino Prime, Stalker, Umbra, Inaros, Gara, Mirage, and Limbo paints a very hazy picture.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 30, 2019

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I mean, we know almost nothing. The timeline of the Old War is extremely obscure -- we don't know the order everything happened in, we don't know how long things lasted, etc.

On top of that it's not really clear whether autonomous Warframes, prior to the Tenno being brought in to control them were completely uncontrollable and useless, if they could be deployed as weapons and generally steered in the direction of the enemy, or if some of them outright had personalities without a Tenno at the helm. The lore for Rhino Prime, Stalker, Umbra, Inaros, Gara, Mirage, and Limbo paints a very hazy picture.
Inaros was, I assumed, a Tenno forgetting that they were ever anything other than Inaros.

EDIT: And I think Stalker's lore is weird and inconsistent with both itself from earlier and with what we know now of how warframes work and such so who loving knows what HIS deal is.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I thought the second dream was the first time the tenno found out what they are

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Looks like you can get a Twitch/Mixer based color palette by watching a twitch/mixer partner for 30 minutes.

EFB

Worst part about Stalker, the drop rate for Despair drops by half when he goes shadow

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Anora posted:

Worst part about Stalker, the drop rate for Despair drops by half when he goes shadow

So it's aptly named then.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive got tons of dreads and despairs. still no hate

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Berke Negri posted:

always nice to see a player even in this late stage stumble upon the idea that maybe we're the baddies

I still love how it's just glossed over in an event that we've pretty much genocided the grineer by destroying the only way to stabilize their geneseed, the main reason why they're so aggressive(Just my theory, but since they had an open trading relationship with the corpus in the past, there has to be a reason why they suddenly became so aggressive, and desperation fits well)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Nalesh posted:

I still love how it's just glossed over in an event that we've pretty much genocided the grineer by destroying the only way to stabilize their geneseed, the main reason why they're so aggressive(Just my theory, but since they had an open trading relationship with the corpus in the past, there has to be a reason why they suddenly became so aggressive, and desperation fits well)

But, Tenno, if the Grineer and Corpus are genociding each other then they cannot focus their efforts on oppressing the colonies

The balance of power continues to shift, feed me a stray cat Tenno

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

DoombatINC posted:

The balance of power continues to shift, feed me a stray cat Tenno
that reminds me does the scanhammer work for beating cat dna out of wild cats if you've finished their codex entry

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Should work fine even after completing it.

pantX0r
Jan 7, 2004
hey, back again!
Is AKGOON doing an upgrade ceremony or something? i just went to the thing and it gave me endo.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
As a note Helter, I added some hallways off the ground level of the dojo directly ahead of where you spawn in in prep for rail jack.

Devs showed it takes a huge space so I've started going towards the back. No doubt we'll shove a dumb teleporter at it when it's finally built, but the upstairs and ground floor obstacle courses were probably going to block it.

I think I place a teleporter there earlier but it must've been refunded by someone at some point.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I love the fact that Ballas -- and presumably the other Orokin -- looks like a gaudy Greek statue. It's appropriate considering the Orokin big cheeses were warbling balls of writhing hubris ripped fresh and steaming from a Greek tragedy with a slight Eastern flair.

I don't love Gauss's lore, though. I wanted him to be the Ornstein to Grendel's Smough, but not quite so literally.

Screaming Idiot fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 31, 2019

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Zereth posted:

that reminds me does the scanhammer work for beating cat dna out of wild cats if you've finished their codex entry

I'll check

I killed three with the hammer, they scanned, but didn't drop the DNA, I'll check some more later.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

pantX0r posted:

Is AKGOON doing an upgrade ceremony or something? i just went to the thing and it gave me endo.

Guess that got triggered. Go get that endo!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Trying to figure out how to make Gauss look like A Train and Mesa like Sid Hatfield

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1167703396347891712

:livintrope:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97MNXAFAfrs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_ONReNce6U

These might interest people.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I love that this weird game about flying skateboarding ninja cyborgs who are sometimes cursed mummy pharaohs or hentai pirates or stripper cowgirls managed to crowbar in a playable guitar. I don't know what DE is thinking but I like being part of it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

prefect posted:

Now do "Beyond the Fire and Flames". (Or "Freebird". Whatever is the most age-group-relevant song for this joke.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yr8Ogun1KE

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Boy did I go from like 2 good rivens to a bunch in basically a week.

Aklex
Arco Plasmor
Atomos
Exergis
Larkspur
Lenz
Plague Keewar
Pyrana
Tiberon
Tonkor
Twin Grakatas

I traded a Mantis Engine for the Tonkor, 2 others, and a veiled rifle. The veiled rifle turned into the Lenz, and the two other ones transmuted into the Twin Grakatas.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

reliable ol koji kondo and his almost entirely major compositions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yssEikF3ns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0mNvhb4RII

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Kuva distruption is awful. I typed out a long effort post but then SA conked out and didn't save the reply.
It's just bad. My god is it bad.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

This has made my morning. :3:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

This has made my morning. :3:

FunkyFjord posted:

reliable ol koji kondo and his almost entirely major compositions

From the "Through the Fire and Flames" description:

There's two notes that aren't included anywhere in the scales for the Shawzin, they are G#4 and A#4. There's a little trick to kinda get them to play, but they sound odd since they are using Vibrato. Hopefully DE will implement those two missing notes.

I hope there's some mutant out there who does "Journey of the Sorcerer".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdZKolMIl0

Love that song.

prefect fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Aug 31, 2019

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Sample_text posted:

Kuva distruption is awful. I typed out a long effort post but then SA conked out and didn't save the reply.
It's just bad. My god is it bad.

I was just going to come post the same thing. Monsters getting stuck everywhere, having to run all over the map to pick up Kuva. Lame. We were on the ... tile set with the open room with four corners and the tubes around it (as opposed to the more open map with the stalactite room and broken bunker.)

Also all my abilities stopped working (along with the melee button) towards the end. Of course I could still type those buttons in chat but not actually use them.

Also, they should've turned one of the Cetus caves into a disruption map. That woulda been so awesome.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I was considering looking into some shawzin converters, but had a strong hunch people would have finished one within 24 hours. Shame about the missing notes tho, i had assumed the 12 pitches from chromatic would cover the full octave?

thylacine posted:

Also all my abilities stopped working (along with the melee button) towards the end. Of course I could still type those buttons in chat but not actually use them.
had this a few times recently. Dying and x-reviving fixes it. Getting picked back up by teammates doesn't. Feels like a bug that's been around forever, but some of those state locks could be solved by falling into bottomless pits.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
The more I play Gauss, the more I realize he's really not that fast. He feels fast because they gently caress with your FOV while you're zipping around, but nine times out of ten my non-speedster teammates that are just traveling using the typical bullet jumping pattern I've always used are actually not very far behind me.

Frequently they even outpace me because Gauss will zip off of the map or into some geometry.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Fleecing pubbies, time honored goon tradition or now dishonorable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Raptor1033 posted:

Fleecing pubbies, time honored goon tradition or now dishonorable?
Are you talking about overcharging them, or outright scamming?