Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

lol no dude its more like you caressed his hair gently that's a more accurate description of the effect of the sanctions and this matters a whole lot

the sanctions are simultaneously completely useless slaps on the wrist compared to what maduro should be receiving but also the only effective tool possible for forcing elections, no i do not see any logical inconsistency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

fnox can you accept the idea that even if every single leftist was brainwashed to act exactly how you want them to act, collectively, we could not actually do poo poo to fix Venezuela?

because you seem to think the only thing keeping Venezuela in crisis is the lack of action by SA leftist posters

and of course, your constant cries for "someone please do something!" come across as begging for US military intervention, despite you lying over and over about how you don't want that except you'd be totally fine with it and every other solution is impossible

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

yeah even from an international perspective, the governments currently under leftist control are

uh

well

hmmmmmmm

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

also fnox i know you keep reading this thread because you edited your loving bow out post because you cant help yourself lmao

it doesnt even matter whether the maduro government is incompetent or corrupt or a dictatorship or whatever you want to label them. any of that still isn't a justification for a cia and american-led overthrow of the government so the descendants of the loving koch brothers can lay claim to the oil in venezuela

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

also we don't post here to post "behind your back" many of us tried to engage you earnestly in the bad thread in the bad forum and for our efforts we were rewarded with probations galore so the negative reinforcement finally worked and you have the thread basically to yourself now, congratulations

enjoy your safe space to yell at leftists who can't respond without getting a forums timeout

they're the ones responsible for all of Venezuela's woes. If only they'd shut the gently caress up so we can just INVADE INVADE INVADE!

IRAQ 2.0 BABY WOOOOO LET'S DROP SOME MOTHERFUCKING MISSILES I LOVE IMPERIALISM AWWW YEAH FIXING THE WORLD ONE BOMB AT A TIME!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

WampaLord posted:

also we don't post here to post "behind your back" many of us tried to engage you earnestly in the bad thread in the bad forum and for our efforts we were rewarded with probations galore so the negative reinforcement finally worked and you have the thread basically to yourself now, congratulations

enjoy your safe space to yell at leftists who can't respond without getting a forums timeout

they're the ones responsible for all of Venezuela's woes. If only they'd shut the gently caress up so we can just INVADE INVADE INVADE!

IRAQ 2.0 BABY WOOOOO LET'S DROP SOME MOTHERFUCKING MISSILES I LOVE IMPERIALISM AWWW YEAH FIXING THE WORLD ONE BOMB AT A TIME!

read the op, op

any discussion of bad consequences or historical examples of what foreign intervention actually does is strictly verboten

e: there are unironic Afghanistan and Iraq invasion defenders over there lmao

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

AMERICA, gently caress YEAH!

Coming again to save the motherfucking day, yeah!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

mortons stork posted:

the sanctions are simultaneously completely useless slaps on the wrist compared to what maduro should be receiving but also the only effective tool possible for forcing elections, no i do not see any logical inconsistency

i liked the part where I'm holding the party line while also being totally unable to read any venezuelan media, made me feel like william wallace

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hear a lot of people here saying Maduro is cool but have you considered that he's good too? Many sides

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
many people itt can't post in D&D correctly I admit, they get too emotionally invested. as a result they eat probes like noobs, u just go full socratic method. columbo style. just askin questions....

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

Oh and one more thing. Wouldn't you say that an embargo is just a "targeted sanction" on an entire country?

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Oh and one more thing. Wouldn't you say that an embargo is just a "targeted sanction" on an entire country?

They relied on food imports for 70% of their consumption and ~70% are in poverty, so...the sanctions work.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
my posting sucks major assballs and thats why i can only post in c-spam, thr forum where i can hide in the bad posting subforum with more posterers than the proper forum

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mortons stork posted:

bombing, much like engineering a golpe, is an entirely apolitical policy, as you would know if you'd read the op

it's not an act of war unless the USA says it is

which is why an embargo designed to kill Venezuelans and military-sanctioned attacks on VZ soil aren't acts of war, but Maduro refusing to let international capital in to strip the copper from his country and load its people down with international debt in an attempt to turn them into a modern productive colony is

I mean look at how well things are going in Honduras, where we successfully implemented exactly what we're proposing to do in VZ

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the tankers are full of food which is why they must be blocked from entering

the USAID trucks are full of food, uhhh, yeah for real food, which is why they must be allowed to enter

*pro-coup actor who didn't get the memo that morning burns truck whose cargo starts exploding for some reason* sorry, sorry, I'm trying to delete it

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Met any Afro Venezuelans yet Fnox?

They're good people.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

fnox is a gusano nazi that supports the externally-imposed starvation of his own people. he thinks it's a worthwhile trade off for them to die if it slightly increase the odds of a coup against the elected government of a proud and sovereign state. this is because he thinks the imperial plunder of venezuela will make him and his fellow expats and class allies a little richer, or becuase he actually believes in the fairy tales you find in ayn rand books and cato institute white papers. in my view he should stop posting

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Really just shows the gratitude they have for being spared by Chavez

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

fnox posted:

oh yeah one more thing before I come back to the equally dull D&D thread. what even is your end goal? do you just wanna seem smug to each other? there’s clearly no discussion to be had because even if you’re proven completely loving wrong you choose to repeat things ad nauseum. never a retraction, nothing, just hold the party line.

We are opposing sanctions and other foreign intervention. There is nothing particularly confusing about this.

I think the better question is what you (and those like you) are trying to accomplish. What are you concerned about the anti-sanctions/intervention people doing? Do you think that, if not for them, Venezuela would be saved from Maduro and would prosper? What exactly is it that you want? At worst you people seem to be advocating for things that are directly bad, like sanctions or (even worse) military intervention, and at "best" you seem to be just sort of insinuating that those things are necessary.

brugroffil posted:

in "the other thread" fnox seemed to completely reject the idea of sanctions having a material impact, and instead blamed Maduro (again) for forcing the US to impose sanctions by being a bad leader. idk for sure because he constantly talks out of both sides of his mouth and won't ever defend any actual specifics beyond vague notions like "international pressure"

The strategy they use is to simply treat "sanctions don't cause harm" as a default and demand an impossible level of evidence to the contrary.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
The sanctions don't do anything which is why I support them :downs:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I still laugh at when they credential-checked William Blum.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the rich pro-coup venezuelans seem to have plenty of food for some mysterious reason, maybe the private sector's inability to fulfill their operational mandate should be used as grounds to expropriate all their capital and supply lines, just a thought

also lmao @ boosting the neoliberal charity approach when this can all literally be solved instantly by the US just leaving them alone instead of scheming with the global elite to kills tens of thousands of the poorest and most vulnerable people because some fat hog with infinite money wants infinity+1

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m still confused that people are still pretending the sanctions are neutral after it leaked that the US was bragging about the starvation they were inflicting

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m still confused that people are still pretending the sanctions are neutral after it leaked that the US was bragging about the starvation they were inflicting

if you're a neoliberal you literally cannot allow yourself to recognize the harmful effects of sanctions because it would upset their worldview that the west is a benevolent father bestowing freedom and democracy upon these countries and saving them from their own elected officials. They also can't ask stuff like, "if Saudi Arabia did 9/11, why did we invade Iraq?" for the same reasons

if you're a chud you can be more honest about them

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

and some people are just furious that dear leader freed their grandparent's slaves and made them citizens and will happily parrot whatever the latest liberal media talking point is to justify our murdering of thousands so the rich can get richer

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
This thread is a stupid circle-jerk. I rather read ad nauseam how Maduro is bad at economy and how he gave medals to people who ate the most rats.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

fnox posted:

so are you gonna continue arguing with yourself and a strawman on this thread or are you gonna bother to respond with something about things I’ve actually said lol.

also loving lmao at any of you fuckers crying about violence and disappearances and atrocities from a still non existent American invasion yet raving the return of paramilitaries to Colombia. hell yeah those farmers getting limbs torn off from land mines are gonna love it. couldn’t get more hypocritical if you tried. same poo poo you’re accusing me of.

I know it's from two pages ago but one of my favorite liberalisms is the idea that violence by imperialist invaders that want to do bad things is completely indistinguishable from violence by revolutionaries that want to do good things

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I mean like, even the absolute sunniest interpretation of our intentions that takes every at face value is "do what we did in Honduras" right? How's that working out?

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Crazycryodude posted:

I know it's from two pages ago but one of my favorite liberalisms is the idea that violence by imperialist invaders that want to do bad things is completely indistinguishable from violence by revolutionaries that want to do good things

it is the liberal brainworms take when you are incapable of examining things into context and have no functioning moral compass, so the end result of those parameters in your logical process is that sort of puerile 'violence bad' that is completely blind to history, power structures etc

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
it is impossible to reliably predict the future because of a study of history. which is why we have an OP. read the OP.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

We are opposing sanctions and other foreign intervention. There is nothing particularly confusing about this.

I think the better question is what you (and those like you) are trying to accomplish. What are you concerned about the anti-sanctions/intervention people doing? Do you think that, if not for them, Venezuela would be saved from Maduro and would prosper? What exactly is it that you want? At worst you people seem to be advocating for things that are directly bad, like sanctions or (even worse) military intervention, and at "best" you seem to be just sort of insinuating that those things are necessary.

The strategy they use is to simply treat "sanctions don't cause harm" as a default and demand an impossible level of evidence to the contrary.

i have no idea what trauma taught you this neutral language you use to handle idiots, much as a chemist handles mustard gas with a reinforced glove box and a flow hood, but you do god's work with it

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Epic High Five posted:

I mean like, even the absolute sunniest interpretation of our intentions that takes every at face value is "do what we did in Honduras" right? How's that working out?

is there any news even coming out of Honduras right now? its creepy how quiet the msm gets

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

got any sevens posted:

is there any news even coming out of Honduras right now? its creepy how quiet the msm gets

last I heard they burned some embassies and troops were being deployed, quite mysterious how the MSM is refusing to cover Honduras and instead pretends what's happening there is actually happening in Venezuela

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Willie Tomg posted:

i have no idea what trauma taught you this neutral language you use to handle idiots, much as a chemist handles mustard gas with a reinforced glove box and a flow hood, but you do god's work with it

Seriously. I can handle talking to libertarians thanks to starting my pile in dnd, but I do not have the training or the ppe to handle talking to gusanos.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
the thing that baffles me most is how they can believe the us cares about venezuelans while its running literal concentration camps for latin american migrants

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

the thing that baffles me most is how they can believe the us cares about venezuelans while its running literal concentration camps for latin american migrants

Liberals are closet white supremacists

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

They believe that every bad thing you describe is already being perpetrated by Maduro himself.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

Um excuse me, it is extremely inappropriate to use that term, and even more important that we limit our discussion of them solely to whether that term is appropriate.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

They believe that every bad thing you describe is already being perpetrated by Maduro himself.

Yeah, it seems like the logic is that things literally cannot possibly get worse than they are, and if you imply that they can be worse you're a piece of poo poo who is downplaying the status quo. There's not really any way to argue against this, since it's kinda obvious from historical precedent that it's entirely possible for things to be worse, and that a hypothetical Guaido (or whatever) government would basically be "the status quo, except poor people starve even more and the rich benefit from selling the country's resources off to Western corporations," but these people will only accept an impossible level of proof (that will only exist in hindsight 10+ years from now) that this is the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Frijolero posted:

This thread is a stupid circle-jerk. I rather read ad nauseam how Maduro is bad at economy and how he gave medals to people who ate the most rats.

This poster is denying the food crisis. There is absolutely no food. How many times do we have to tell you?