Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ya the kaido - big mom alliance doesnt seem very strong......probably could break with enough tension. especially with hawkins talking about kaidous penchant for breaking up other peoples alliances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i wonder how hawkins' dolls and kaidou would interact

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

I wonder how laws knife skill would work against kaido. Seems like the best shot they have? Although since it's a shonen manga I doubt anyone but Luffy gets the last hit

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

oddium posted:

i wonder how hawkins' dolls and kaidou would interact

Hawkins would become immortal

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Hooking up with your ex is never a good idea... for luffy

:bisonyes:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

gently caress yesssssss i've been praying for this moment ever since the strawhats started trying to escape from whole cake island

e: the last shot of a shocked onigashima owns

U-DO Burger fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 30, 2019

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Can't wait for my friend Luffy to get strong and beat them both up

but also this is just so both luffy and zoro can have a final fight. zoros gonna kill the dragon like in that one shot oda did

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Big Mom and Kaidou joining their full forces would be basically unstoppable, but Big Mom didn't bring everyone with her to Wano (probably because a lot of them were still recovering from injuries when she left Totto Land). She has Smoothie, Perospero, Daifuku, Compote, Mont D'Or, and some randos. Without Katakuri, Cracker, Streusen, Snack, and Oven, the Big Mom Pirates are a somewhat more manageable threat.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
Luffy Katakuri rematch?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Voxx posted:

Luffy Katakuri rematch?

More like Luffy Katakuri team up.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Voxx posted:

Luffy Katakuri rematch?

As I said, I’m pretty sure Katakuri is still in Totto Land.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The best revelation of this chapter is that Kaidou didn't drop down on Kidd by chance.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Voxx posted:

Luffy Katakuri rematch?

Katakuri finds out what happened, gets mad, teams up with Luffy, joins straw hats at the end of Wano arc.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Katakuri is going form himself around Luffy like Saint Saiya armor and they are both going to use foresight to stay in sync.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
I think this could be a fake out.

The alliance is to take on the world government. Big Mom might trick Kaido into sending his toughest guys on a mission just before the Strawhat alliance attacks. And then she can pull an "our agreement said nothing about fighting Strawhats together." It would be a callback to the limited scope alliance Law wishes he had with Luffy.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
This was a pretty neat setup chapt..... HOLY gently caress!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Still not sure exactly what happened with Law and Hawkins.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

MonsterEnvy posted:

Still not sure exactly what happened with Law and Hawkins.

Law beat Hawkins between chapters and cut him in half. Then they had a chat about Kaido and the fragility of alliances. Hawkins asks if Law is happy with his alliance with Luffy. Law makes a face and slices something off panel. The obvious answer is Hawkins, but why make it happen off panel if it's the obvious thing?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Law beat Hawkins between chapters and cut him in half. Then they had a chat about Kaido and the fragility of alliances. Hawkins asks if Law is happy with his alliance with Luffy. Law makes a face and slices something off panel. The obvious answer is Hawkins, but why make it happen off panel if it's the obvious thing?

Just unsure of how he got into a fight with Hawkins.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

MonsterEnvy posted:

Just unsure of how he got into a fight with Hawkins.

the mysterious figure (x drake i think) freed him so he beat up hawkins who was presumably stll in the vicinity

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Electric Phantasm posted:

Katakuri is going form himself around Luffy like Saint Saiya armor and they are both going to use foresight to stay in sync.

docking is real

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight
I'm looking forward to the fight between Brook and Apoo. Battling with music!

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
im really really glad there isnt a clips of luffy and sanji saying the n word or my soul would shatter in a million pieces

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

naginalJJ posted:

Luffy needs 10 mins to regain his haki and only an epic rock battle can keep Kaidou at bay

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

drjuggalo posted:

im really really glad there isnt a clips of luffy and sanji saying the n word or my soul would shatter in a million pieces

Shut up about this.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

naginalJJ posted:

i thought about this but as much as a snitch apoo is now he was still hardcore enough to gently caress around with a admiral and I think he'd chump the gently caress out of brook sadly

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

She has Smoothie, Perospero, Daifuku, Compote, Mont D'Or, and some randos. Without Katakuri, Cracker, Streusen, Snack, and Oven, the Big Mom Pirates are a somewhat more manageable threat.

So basically the ones that actually matter?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Parrotine posted:

So basically the ones that actually matter?

She has a bunch of strong ones with her, but left a bunch of strong ones behind.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Shut up about this.

why should they shut up about that exactly? if someone says poo poo that is offensive I'd like to stop giving them my support/money

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

drjuggalo posted:

wait what

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Pretty sure there need be no more setup: the hype is already at maximum

There will be more setup, because I mean there actually should be, but holy poo poo I'm losing my marbles

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
How many more Supernovas gonna join the Strawhat Alliance? poo poo's gonna get wild

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I like how the whole chapter is a review of the surprisingly optimistic situation. The rebellion has come so far, we've met so many people who want to help, and it really seems like there's actually a path to victory for the first time in this grim arc.

And then there's that final page.

One Piece has generally been very good about power levels. You get a good sense of how these things break down. And this is the payoff.

Beating Kaidou as a team was almost inconceivable. Now there's just no hope of victory at all and we're suddenly thrust back into anxious dispair. It's great.

(The obvious hope is breaking up the Kaidou/Big Mom alliance, but that shouldn't be your first thought on seeing them ally.)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Seems like Drake has some sort of ulterior motive towards Kaido, since he intentionally sought him out and now he’s letting Law go. Maybe just wants to kill him but realized when he met Kaido that it’d be impossible even with a few supernovas so now he’s waiting for an opportunity? Also since Hawkins isn’t working for Kaido voluntarily he’ll probably help out once the raid starts.

Also Big Mom is totally going to betray Kaido, she probably thinks this is a good opportunity to get rid of Kaido and the Strawhats at the same time.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

RatHat posted:

Seems like Drake has some sort of ulterior motive towards Kaido, since he intentionally sought him out and now he’s letting Law go. Maybe just wants to kill him but realized when he met Kaido that it’d be impossible even with a few supernovas so now he’s waiting for an opportunity? Also since Hawkins isn’t working for Kaido voluntarily he’ll probably help out once the raid starts.

Also Big Mom is totally going to betray Kaido, she probably thinks this is a good opportunity to get rid of Kaido and the Strawhats at the same time.

I could see this being a thing. Not really quite sure how I'd feel about it. Feels too predictable.

This. What happened and where the hell did THAT come from?

Eiba posted:

I like how the whole chapter is a review of the surprisingly optimistic situation. The rebellion has come so far, we've met so many people who want to help, and it really seems like there's actually a path to victory for the first time in this grim arc.

And then there's that final page.

One Piece has generally been very good about power levels. You get a good sense of how these things break down. And this is the payoff.

Beating Kaidou as a team was almost inconceivable. Now there's just no hope of victory at all and we're suddenly thrust back into anxious dispair. It's great.

(The obvious hope is breaking up the Kaidou/Big Mom alliance, but that shouldn't be your first thought on seeing them ally.)

Same. All is going well and then out of nowhere bitchslap.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AkumaHokoru posted:

why should they shut up about that exactly? if someone says poo poo that is offensive I'd like to stop giving them my support/money

They're mad about the cast of Dragon Ball reading some erotic fanfiction in the booth at some point in the past. (May in fact be 2001) The audio was leaked out, and some people are taking offence at private joke, and saying they should be fired and stuff.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 31, 2019

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

To be fair there's also leaked audio of them using racial slurs which warrants an apology. Don't care if it was private I just want some confirmation they still aren't lovely assholes like they were 10 years ago.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Given one of the timestamps it was more 18 years ago.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MonsterEnvy posted:

Given one of the timestamps it was more 18 years ago.

Either way it would be nice to know they are not like that anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

MonsterEnvy posted:

They're mad about the cast of Dragon Ball reading some erotic fanfiction in the booth at some point in the past. (May in fact be 2001) The audio was leaked out, and some people are taking offence at private joke, and saying they should be fired and stuff.

Read about it on Resetera. If it was recent then yeah that would be controversial, but it wasn't. It was from circa 2001 or 2002. Crass and offensive as it was(and still is), that poo poo was EVERYWHERE and no one batted an eye about it. Obviously it's not cool, but it was a radically different time and culture about a lot of things that we've THANKFULLY moved on from.