Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MJeff posted:

I don't know who Craig is, tbh. I've only ever listened to Bryan with Semp or Vinny.

He sounds like a shithead though so I'm fine remaining ignorant of him.

Craig is the hoarse guy who is on B&V sometimes and told Bryan his 3yo daughter paisley was going to grow up to Be very attractive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MJeff posted:

I don't know who Craig is, tbh. I've only ever listened to Bryan with Semp or Vinny.

He sounds like a shithead though so I'm fine remaining ignorant of him.

this means you have been missing the retro raw/nitro shows which are the second best shows on the network, behind the retro NWA shows

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Did not expect you to go where you did with that to be honest.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MJeff posted:

I don't know who Craig is, tbh.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pictured, the moment Cody decided this man was banned from AEW events.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MJeff posted:

I've only ever listened to Bryan with Semp

jesus man spare yourself

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I don't remember what the line was but on today's Nitro review Vinny said something that was sexist and prefaced it with "I'm not sure if I should say this"(or something to that effect) and Craig chimed in "It's OK." and in my head I was thinking "Craig telling him it's ok should be Vinny's first clue, that what he's saying is probably not ok to say."

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

I don't remember what the line was but on today's Nitro review Vinny said something that was sexist and prefaced it with "I'm not sure if I should say this"(or something to that effect) and Craig chimed in "It's OK." and in my head I was thinking "Craig telling him it's ok should be Vinny's first clue, that what he's saying is probably not ok to say."

It was calling the Kevin Nash fan a "cougar"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Big Sexy being a fan of Cougars is not sexist, but it could be ageist.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
That was it. Wasn't sexism but the point still stands.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Vinny: "Kevin Nash said he was going out for Korean and Steiner said 'I saw you did there'."

Bryan: " Hugh G. Reaction tries to get him to stay, but he blows him off..."

Craig" "I saw what you did there."

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I think most of the "Craig doesn't like queer people" talk is because I mentioned he usually leaves DEFY shows when Ravenous Randy comes out and Randy's gimmick is that he kisses men in the audience and during matches. The only time he's ever mentioned it on a podcast (afaik) is when Bryan asked him how a recent DEFY show was and he mentioned leaving around the time the guy who kisses other wrestlers showed up.

He doesn't leave the entire show when Randy comes out anymore (definitely not the Tacoma show with New Japan) but he does still leave the general audience area during Randy's matches.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

TTBF posted:

I think most of the "Craig doesn't like queer people" talk is because I mentioned he usually leaves DEFY shows when Ravenous Randy comes out and Randy's gimmick is that he kisses men in the audience and during matches. The only time he's ever mentioned it on a podcast (afaik) is when Bryan asked him how a recent DEFY show was and he mentioned leaving around the time the guy who kisses other wrestlers showed up.

He doesn't leave the entire show when Randy comes out anymore (definitely not the Tacoma show with New Japan) but he does still leave the general audience area during Randy's matches.

That's fuckin' weird.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Bryan Alvarez is terrified of thumbtacks piercing his skull and spinal cord

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CascadeBeta posted:

That's fuckin' weird.

I mean I can totally get not wanting to be kissed by some random person who’s going around kissing other people tbh

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TTBF posted:

No, he's definitely homophobic and I've actually sent Bryan an email about it before (back in 2015, holy poo poo). Craig is way better now than he used to be, let that sink in

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

loving wow

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I mean I can totally get not wanting to be kissed by some random person who’s going around kissing other people tbh

Yeah, I don’t think that not wanting to be kissed by somebody you don’t know should qualify you for Bad Person status.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Randy only kisses people in the front row who reach out to him and explicitly give consent. One time he picked me and I was so nervous I forgot to tell him it was ok so he moved on. Craig is usually in the back in the standing room.

E: at the DEFY x New Japan show he spotted me, looked me right in the eyes and started heasing towards me. When he was a few feet away a woman came running to the front with Randy cosplay and a sign about him, which she stuck right in front of my face. I knew right then i wasn't getting the kiss.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 29, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Randy give TTBF the kiss you jerk!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Some top notch Primo Carnera chat on today's WOR.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Some top notch Primo Carnera chat on today's WOR.
i can’t be the only one who gets totally stoked when they hit the mailbag and there’s like 25 minutes left in the episode

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

i can’t be the only one who gets totally stoked when they hit the mailbag and there’s like 25 minutes left in the episode

four months ago i saw a wor where there was abt 41 minutes left when they hit the mailbag and i had to park my car so i could listen to the whole thing

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I would kill a man for the return of Sin Limite.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

four months ago i saw a wor where there was abt 41 minutes left when they hit the mailbag and i had to park my car so i could listen to the whole thing
:hellyeah:

one time dave got sidetracked into talking about george best for 15 minutes and it awesome

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Punch McLightning posted:

I would kill a man for the return of Sin Limite.

Do it Sempervive you coward! I know Dave's down, that man would talk forever if science would let him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jesus WEP posted:

It sucks that there's a lot of events these days because it means less mailbag.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

One thing I miss about sites like 1Wrestling were the recaps of the call-in shows. It was nice to have a written record of Dave's knowledge of random bullshit.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Bryan was really mad at the start of the Bryan and Vinny show today.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Freakin lost my gourd @ the end of Granny segment. I won't spoil nothin

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

There's a point in the Granny segment where Vinny starts laughing so hard he mutes his mic but you can still hear him in Bryan's. It's so great.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
From the 1/21/91 Observer:

quote:

GORDON SOLIE

I'm very angry that Gordon Solie has been fired as event coordinator for the state of Florida. I've worked with Gordon since he took the position five months ago after the NWA had already gone through the likes of Danny Miller and Rob Russen. From the start, Gordon hated being called an event coordinator. To him, that meant anybody who could line up things at the building and made sure the wrestlers arrived at the arena. Gordon was a promoter. He tried to give the impression to fans that each event was important, even if the main event was lackluster. He also tried to announce whenever a wrestler couldn't appear such as when Harley Race replaced Barry Windham on Sept. 29 in Sunrise, Fla. Gordon had a ton of things to work against as event coordinator. He wasn't allowed to do localized interviews for Florida shows for some company reason. Gordon is still loved by thousands of wrestling fans throughout Florida. His name on a card alone can sell tickets. Fans who read newsletters don't understand that Florida wrestling fans place Solie in the same light Detroit Tigers fans place Ernie Harwell. Solie may be colloquial, with hackneyed cliches, but he's also been placed in a bad position with the Wrestling Wrap-Up and Wrestling News Network garbage. Solie is also not a color commentator. Let him do play-by-play for four-to-six weeks and I think fans would appreciate him more. For a 61-year-old man, Gordon hung in and did the job. He also travelled to Atlanta every Monday to do his TV spots and never complained once. That's because he's a team player.

Alex Marvez

Miami Herald

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

New OSW on one of my favorite things in wrestling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIHvAKabyi8

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Going to do a post All Out live stream tomorrow with a few goons on Twitch and YouTube. Should be fun, doing some reactions and analysis and with random tangents.

https://twitch.tv/rudospodcast

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjbryDgblqnkOh6ZFxftoGQ

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Punch McLightning posted:

From the 1/21/91 Observer:

it was really surreal after years of only knowing Marvez through his football journalism, and suddenly seeing his dumb face with a thousand yard stare next to JR and Excalibur

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Mods please change my name to Gus Cantankerous here and also on twitter and with the government if possible.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Fentry posted:

New OSW on one of my favorite things in wrestling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIHvAKabyi8

Awesome, thanks for posting this

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Mod Edit: Link removed awaiting clarification.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 31, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What's the copyright status of this stuff? This is all content available behind F4W's paywall and I'm confused as to why it is all up for free like this, but it's via archive.org which as far as I know is completely legit. Please PM me about this so I can establish exactly whether or not we can leave a link like that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I didn’t even consider that to be honest. I just know I accidentally found the link while trying to show my wife who Brett Kremen is. I don’t even know if the F4W archive goes that far back.