Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
The Decepticons almost always had the better color schemes. Bad guys in general do most of the time when you think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
And Zeta goes for the killshot

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Good Listener posted:

The Decepticons almost always had the better color schemes. Bad guys in general do most of the time when you think about it.

You're right overall, though it is kinda funny how the variety in color schemes among Decepticons goes down over the course of G1

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

And Zeta goes for the killshot

It's only 19 inches tall in bot mode.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

A dubiously short standing posture

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DoctorWhat posted:

have you seen the engineering?

I haven't seen it, but can some post it because I don't see how the hell Optimus could be that over engineered.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Rhyno posted:

the rare rhyno moment where his size queen tendencies make him choose the official product

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey now, Zetas Combiners are 20" tall. I have standsrdsyou see.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I still might get it for the sake of how good it looks, pending color shots, of course. Not cancelling my Hasbro Unicron order, though.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I was completely unsold on the new OP, but the last few days I’ve started to second guess myself, and now I’m wondering if it’s worth buying it just so as not to loving buy a $450 figure for aftermarket prices if it turns out I want the thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Somebody gonna KO it.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Rhyno posted:

it's amazing that it's smaller than their combiners...what are they thinking

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i wish i had known about the new unicron before i bought a bunch of other stuff. i want that big boy, it sucks that its time limited

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i wish i had known about the new unicron before i bought a bunch of other stuff. i want that big boy, it sucks that its time limited

You've got until October now!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

sigher posted:

I haven't seen it, but can some post it because I don't see how the hell Optimus could be that over engineered.

turning a realistic truck into a cheap cartoon takes a lot. most of the sides of the cab are in his shins.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DoctorWhat posted:

turning a realistic truck into a cheap cartoon takes a lot. most of the sides of the cab are in his shins.

It doesn't help that he comes with a shitload of accessories, most of which I imagine people would happily sacrifice for a lower price.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/RwCJesse/status/1167467733598035968?s=19

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

You've got until October now!

theres no shipping option for the UK so i guess i won't be getting him then :(

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

This is just a preorder thing

Once he comes out, if this succeeds, he'll be available world wide

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Burkion posted:

This is just a preorder thing

Once he comes out, if this succeeds, he'll be available world wide

oh, i thought if he got crowdfunded they would only make 8000 or however many for the backers and that would be it. that's a relief.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Warning: vertical video. But the first in-hand MP44 footage is here.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I know 3P and Hasbro have basically not acknowledged each other legally or officially, but torpedoing a Hasbro kickstarter with your competitive product using their IP seems like a dare

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I actually prefer how Hasbro Unicron looks.

I also adore that he has plenty the little ports for effect parts

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

TFS Express/Omegalock are doing preorders which will count.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

TFS Express/Omegalock are doing preorders which will count.

hmm I'll have to check that out, thanks!

is it weird to anyone else that there isn't a masterpiece galvatron yet?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a few 3P ones.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

oh, i thought if he got crowdfunded they would only make 8000 or however many for the backers and that would be it. that's a relief.

That's exactly how it will be. This is not a mass retail item, they're only making enough to fill orders and a bit more for replacements/defects, just like the Sail Barge. They may figure out a way to get some to European customers but there's nothing concrete yet.

hmm I'll have to check that out, thanks!

is it weird to anyone else that there isn't a masterpiece galvatron yet?

It's called Fanstoys Sovereign and it's magnificent.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 30, 2019

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Keldroc posted:

That's exactly how it will be. This is not a mass retail item, they're only making enough to fill orders and a bit more for replacements/defects, just like the Sail Barge. They may figure out a way to get some to European customers but there's nothing concrete yet.

aw shiiiiit to both things

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

re: Bludgeon, there's also the retool of RID '15 Megatronus into him, which was also used as a new character named Blastwave (who showed up in the show)

Bludgeon himself didn't, but he's finally getting his first proper animated appearance in season 2 of Cyberverse

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Galvatron's alt-mode was always superstupid, but his robot mode was fantastically designed and that thing looks great.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

GD_American posted:

Galvatron's alt-mode was always superstupid, but his robot mode was fantastically designed and that thing looks great.

it always seemed like a waste of time for him to transform because his gun was just on his arm anyway, it's not like he gained any functionality as a cannon.

i really like this recolour of masterpiece megatron:

one of the vhs tapes I had as a kid had megatron in those colours on it, and he always looked super dope. I can't really find it for sale in the UK anywhere though, and I can't tell if hes painted silver or if its vacuum metalized. I had a bad experience with my 20th anniversary optimus, where some of the vac metal on the truck grill got scraped off while transforming him.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Keldroc posted:

This is loving amazing.

I still need to see his alt mode, though.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I really wish Rioter Galcatron was coming out this fall.

I really wish "Galcatron" wasn't the best MakeToys could come up with for re-naming a 3P Galv too.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i'm really surprised there's no 3rd party jhiaxus or straxus. jhiaxus is a really long running character in 2 comic series now, but the only official toys hes gotten have been weird orange recolours of stuff that doesn't look anything like him.

does anyone have any opinion on the best version of overlord? hes a very cool character and i've never had a toy of him

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

This is loving amazing.

I still need to see his alt mode, though.

It's a robot doing a push-up, but that's not inaccurate. I've never actually transformed mine.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

The transformation for Sovereign is pretty straightforward and even neat in places. And he comes with so many blast effects he can’t even hold them all on his cannon in either mode. But yeah it’s all about that bot mode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Now if only they'd rerelease him.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Now if only they'd rerelease him.

Just pay $80 over MSRP like the rest of us!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

well, this week i've discovered that high quality 3rd party transformers exist, and also discovered that they seem to have all been immediately bought by scalpers then relisted on ebay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

well, this week i've discovered that high quality 3rd party transformers exist, and also discovered that they seem to have all been immediately bought by scalpers then relisted on ebay

Not that so much as they just don't make many of them. I've heard it estimated that the average major 3rd party release is only 1500-3000 pieces. Fanstoys may have higher production than most but still, these are super limited items.