Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Youse definitely are a lot more put together than I was expecting with the podcast honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

The secret was to record an episode and then have it fail completely at the editing stage so we ended up with more practice under our belts.

I'm really putting it down to a big coming together of a lot of people invested in the project. Every aspect of the podcast has been voted on or discussed in an open forum without any one person having total authority over the whole thing short of me while i'm editing it.

Collectivism works :)

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Yeah, we agreed no leader. So shut up and do as I say.

Thetobester
Jul 14, 2012
I've not really posted before, but wanted to say nice job with the podcast. Also comment or commentariat made me wonder how many of these comments are sockpuppeting journalists.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I'd like to point out that in the lost episode, I got 4/4 on comment or commentariat, and I'm mostly sad about my great success never making the light of day.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Thetobester posted:

I've not really posted before, but wanted to say nice job with the podcast. Also comment or commentariat made me wonder how many of these comments are sockpuppeting journalists.

Like I said in the ep, there are zero qualifying criteria for being a print journalist with the exception of connections.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'm a metal fan and it's an incredibly dumb genre of music, hth.

All music is dumb, and anyone attempting to say "Aha but this particular genre/scene/band is actually really interesting and deep" is even loving dumber and their taste loving sucks.

I mean yeah, absolutely, metal is very dumb even when it's great, and suicidal depressive black metal is just emo for people too insecure to admit that they like emo. And third wave ska is the work of the devil himself and needs to be destroyed with a cleansing fire.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

forkboy84 posted:

third wave ska is the work of the devil himself and needs to be destroyed with a cleansing fire.

:wrong:

I will stan for third wave ska until I die

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Thetobester posted:

I'd love to say that it's that simple, but you have no idea how many comments I didn't end up using.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Miftan posted:

Do you have any good opinions?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
The only ska band I like is Ska-P

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Do you have any good opinions?

I hate tories and like Propagandhi but on the other hand I chose to move to the UK.

Coohoolin posted:

The only ska band I like is Ska-P

You motherfucker I have you on record saying you like Streetlight Manifesto.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Miftan posted:

I hate tories and like Propagandhi but on the other hand I chose to move to the UK.

You motherfucker I have you on record saying you like Streetlight Manifesto.

Ok you're good. Also Streetlight Manifesto are good

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Miftan posted:

And like Propagandhi once sang, Ska Sucks, ska revival isn't cool you stupid fucks.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

And like Propagandhi once sang, Ska Sucks, ska revival isn't cool you stupid fucks.

Yeah well not everyone is 100% correct. Even Rarity likes chocolate oranges.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Firos posted:

Like I said in the ep, there are zero qualifying criteria for being a print journalist with the exception of connections.

So, same as appearing on the podcast then? :v:

e; Ska is good, actually.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Are people seriously having a Ska Sucks convo in 2019, loving get over it even the band doesn't care anymore.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Weird BIAS posted:

Are people seriously having a Ska Sucks convo in 2019, loving get over it even the band doesn't care anymore.

No, we're not being serious in the UKMT.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Congrats on your jokes from 1993.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mate this is the UK marxism thread our jokes are from loving 1893 most of the time.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Miftan posted:

It's like someone collected all the worst waste material dripping from the bottom of California and made music from it.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I'm surprised yiz aren't more familiar with GK Chesterton. It's also perhaps a bit reductive of the guy you were quoting to have called him a conservative Christian, whilst he fits that in broad strokes he's a wee bit more complicated than that (And infinitely more intelligent than the dipshits invoking his name today. He actually was a smart man and he'd have thought the 'rationalists' were complete numpties). Frex. he fiercely hated eugenics and saw exactly where it was leading, and hated Hitler from the start. Puts him well above most of the modern right.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I really think it is because of May's delusions of grandeur and just plain wanting to be PM that this poo poo has escalated from what could have been a forgettable sort of early 2000s foot and mouth crisis to something you would have to seek past centuries to find

Children may yet learn of her as the escalator

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

What’s the best way to actually listen to the podcast? I generally use the generic Apple podcast app on my iPhone, but I suspect this won’t be appearing on there in the near future. Is there a better way than just streaming it off the website?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

crispix posted:

I really think it is because of May's delusions of grandeur and just plain wanting to be PM that this poo poo has escalated from what could have been a forgettable sort of early 2000s foot and mouth crisis to a something you would have to seek past centuries to find

Children may yet learn of her as the escalator

Nah. May was a significant part of how the problem developed, but the main thing was that there was a vote to leave the EU while the Conservatives were in government. That was always going to result in some flavour of deranged ghoul muscling everyone else aside in a mad rush to turbofuck the country. May was just the one we got.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Darth Walrus posted:

Nah. May was a significant part of how the problem developed, but the main thing was that there was a vote to leave the EU while the Conservatives were in government. That was always going to result in some flavour of deranged ghoul muscling everyone else aside in a mad rush to turbofuck the country. May was just the one we got.

I don't understand how your post nahs mine

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Stuff was kicking off in Glasgow last night, apparently.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'm a metal fan and it's an incredibly dumb genre of music, hth.

All music is dumb, and anyone attempting to say "Aha but this particular genre/scene/band is actually really interesting and deep" is even loving dumber and their taste loving sucks.

Metal is good because it's dumb, imo.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Comrade Fakename posted:

What’s the best way to actually listen to the podcast? I generally use the generic Apple podcast app on my iPhone, but I suspect this won’t be appearing on there in the near future. Is there a better way than just streaming it off the website?

Usually, you can subscribe to a podcast in most players using its RSS feed. The UKMT podcast has an RSS feed on the site.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm annoyed firefox took out RSS feeds for some loving bizzare reason.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Pork pies are great and prince Andrew is a paedophile;!

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

HappyCamperGL posted:

Pork pies are great and prince Andrew is a paedophile;!

Less great once they’ve crossed to Atlantic Ocean mind you.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Firos posted:

Less great once they’ve crossed to Atlantic Ocean mind you.

Especially if they're just being carried by the current, unpackaged

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Samovar posted:

In what way?

Edit: will be this I assume - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-49526876

fatelvis fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 31, 2019

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Samovar posted:

Just getting ready for the old firm game.

Sectarianism....

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The big pope banner got loose.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Ah telt thum polis WAN BOY OAN THE FLUTE that wuz aw it wiz wi big ALDO fae Govan tap end bud.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Good work on the podcast, looking forward to listening to it on my commute this Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

fatelvis posted:

In what way?
Sectarian violence.

Riot police out in Glasgow as Irish unity march sparks disorder

The Guardian posted:

Riot police, mounted officers, a force helicopter and dog units are being used in Glasgow after protesters against an Irish unity march sparked “significant disorder”.

Police said the planned march through the city’s Govan area, organised by the James Connolly Republican Flute Band, was met by hundreds of “disruptive” counter-demonstrators at about 7pm.

Witnesses reported smoke bombs being used. The force said this had led to “significant disorder” around Govan Road, which was blocked by officers.
Got to say, "they're using smoke, break out the riot gear & attack dogs!!!!" doesn't sound like the most effective way to stop civil disorder. Wonder which side the cops decided to stomp, idk enough about Scottish sectarianism