Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Midnight Voyager posted:

Why the motherfuck do so many families decide to teach their kids that it's not okay to say no to physical contact with an adult???

She's going to save one of her cousins from being molested but her family's going to resent her for putting ideas in the little ones' heads anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for writing an erotic fiction about me and this guy I have a secret crush on, them showing it to him?

There's this guy from my high school, who I never really knew as such but we knew of each other. We weren't friends but occasionally were at the same parties and social circles together.

Now we are both 22, and I developed a random crush on him from seeing his social media, and have had this crush for a year now. It's just something where I fantasise about him from time to time. I messaged him on Instagram to tell him this and he was kind of surprised by it all. For reasons I don't know myself, I told him about some erotic fiction I wrote about us, it was just something I did to get my feelings out by I didn't intend to show it to anyone. It was pretty graphic and I think he felt a bit creeped out by it (totally understable) and just asked me how long I had this crush/fantasy and said he didn't know what to say and just left it at that.

I feel like a creep now that lacked self control, how much of an a-hole am I?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For Not Wanting to Attend My Younger Brother's Wedding?

Sorry if this possibly belongs in /relationshipadvice, but I'm genuinely concerned about making an rear end in a top hat move here and need some outside perspective to set me straight.

My (29m) younger brother (21m) is getting married this December and I have no interest in attending.

For context, we have no ongoing feud and never have had a "negative" relationship, just a rather absent one. I'm one of his two brothers, but our oldest brother has severe drug addiction problems, psychosis issues and has been excommunicated from the family for about 8 years, so long story short, I'm his only brother.

I've been away from home (out of state) since I was 20 and have only seen him about once/year since that point, along with the rest of my family. We dont talk/text in any capacity, although I tried very hard to kindle communications with him a few months ago when I moved closer to home (5hr drive), but he didnt have interest.

He started dating his first girlfriend 2 years ago and proposed at the beginning of 2019. Ive never met this girl and actually couldn't even tell you her name right now without checking Facebook. I only ever found out they were dating because my mother mentioned it and I only discovered they were engaged because of a Facebook post (and my mom text me).

I received a wedding invitation earlier this month. As expected, I'm not a groomsman in the wedding. That's to be expected at this point, I suppose. Point being is that I'm not going to be ruining what he has planned for the ceremony by not being there.

Is it a dick move that I just told my mother I won't be driving down for the wedding?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for writing an erotic fiction about me and this guy I have a secret crush on, them showing it to him?

I feel like a creep now that lacked self control, how much of an a-hole am I?

You're NTA, no siree. Now, if you'll excuse me. I must leave before you change your mind and decide to wear my skin.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for leaving my tattoo appt and wanting my deposit back?

A tattoo convention came to town for the weekend and I was short on money but wanted to try and get something anyway. I reached out to an artist I liked and ended up working out that we would do something within my budget. He’s a popular artist so I was excited to work together. I sent him a deposit through venmo to secure my spot for today.

When I got to the convention today and met up with him, within the first couple minutes I was uncomfortable. He had the design ready which was great - I hadn’t decided on a placement and he pretty much decided in the first minute where he wanted to put it, slapped the stencil on my arm and there it was.

He then proceeded to spend the next 20 minutes on the phone paying his car payment. I’m used to waiting 20-40 minutes every appt to get started. I thought after that we would get to work. Turns out I was wrong. We sat around for another 20 minutes while he waited on delivery food. Eventually, he turns to me and breaks out a small medical bag and says I hope you won’t judge me, but I’m going to roll a joint.

At first I didn’t even think about it. I’ve smoked a lot of pot in my life (in the past, not currently) and my husband smokes daily. After a couple minutes, it sank in with me that he would be tattooing me while high. He got up to go smoke and told me to just walk around while he went to do that and eat his food.

It was already 3:40ish and my appt was originally at 3. After talking to my partner for a few minutes about how I was uncomfortable, I resolved to leave without getting the tattoo. I waited around for awhile but by 4:20 he hadn’t come back to his booth so I left the convention and messaged him, explaining that I was uncomfortable being tattooed while he was stoned and had decided to leave. I was apologetic for wasting his time - even though it was definitely more the other way around.

He messaged me back and was defensive saying he had a medical marijuana card and it’s his medicine, and he always smokes before tattooing people. I didn’t respond at all because it didn’t matter to me if it was his prescription - he was still high and going to put permanent artwork on my body. He finally messaged again and said he was frustrated because he was excited to do the tattoo. I told him I understood and that I totally respected his right to do what he wanted and there weren’t any hard feelings, and it was nice to meet him. I went on venmo and requested back my deposit - I’m pretty sure he is ignoring my request but I can’t say for certain. Normally I wouldn’t ask for it back if I canceled, but I feel like this is a weird situation and he never told me it was non-refundable. Despite all this I still somehow feel guilty for leaving him and expecting my money back - AITA?

TL;DR: went to a convention to get tattooed. Guy put off starting my appt for well over an hour and got high right before he was going to tattoo me. I left and let him know online why and I requested my deposit back. AITA?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Khazar-khum posted:

You're NTA, no siree. Now, if you'll excuse me. I must leave before you change your mind and decide to wear my skin.

careful now, validating someone like that might make you their target

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (19F) boyfriend (33M) is slightly possessive and says weird things.

Normally my boyfriend is the sweetest man, but I have noticed that he does have a very possessive side. For example, he is always asking who I am messaging (when it's almost always my family group chat or my childhood friend), he often will say things like "if you ever left me idk what I'd do.. I'd probably kill myself" or "if I ever caught you cheating I'd kill you, the guy and then myself because I'd deserve it for killing you." (I know I'd never cheat on him, but it is still a little daunting to hear someone say something like that).

He has stated how he doesn't like me going out without him, and so we always go places together. The only times I go out alone is usually to my parents or grandparents for a visit. He also doesn't like that my childhood friend and only friend is a male and so when we hang out whenever he is in town my boyfriend has to be there with us and he gets slightly annoyed when we message each other. To me, I understand it becauze he has been cheated on many times in other relationships but it is also slightly annoying for me to have to constantly tell him I'm not gonna cheat because I love HIM not my friend.

When I lived in an apartment before moving in with him I had a neighbor that would hit on me and try to invite me out all the time... and I told my bf about it because I didnt want him to think anything was going on and that it was one sided and to not worry about it. However, he got MAD, so mad that I had to do everything in my power to stop him from hurting my neighbor & eventually I moved in with my bf a month or so later. He is like this when guys show affection towards me, or message me asking to chill, even when I don't give them the time of day.

TL;DR: My(19F) boyfriend (33M) is possessive/controlling and says things like how he'd kill me if I cheated or he'd probably kill himself if I left and idk what to think of it.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (19F) boyfriend (33M) is slightly possessive and says weird things.

Normally my boyfriend is the sweetest man, but I have noticed that he does have a very possessive side. For example, he is always asking who I am messaging (when it's almost always my family group chat or my childhood friend), he often will say things like "if you ever left me idk what I'd do.. I'd probably kill myself" or "if I ever caught you cheating I'd kill you, the guy and then myself because I'd deserve it for killing you." (I know I'd never cheat on him, but it is still a little daunting to hear someone say something like that).

He has stated how he doesn't like me going out without him, and so we always go places together. The only times I go out alone is usually to my parents or grandparents for a visit. He also doesn't like that my childhood friend and only friend is a male and so when we hang out whenever he is in town my boyfriend has to be there with us and he gets slightly annoyed when we message each other. To me, I understand it becauze he has been cheated on many times in other relationships but it is also slightly annoying for me to have to constantly tell him I'm not gonna cheat because I love HIM not my friend.

When I lived in an apartment before moving in with him I had a neighbor that would hit on me and try to invite me out all the time... and I told my bf about it because I didnt want him to think anything was going on and that it was one sided and to not worry about it. However, he got MAD, so mad that I had to do everything in my power to stop him from hurting my neighbor & eventually I moved in with my bf a month or so later. He is like this when guys show affection towards me, or message me asking to chill, even when I don't give them the time of day.

TL;DR: My(19F) boyfriend (33M) is possessive/controlling and says things like how he'd kill me if I cheated or he'd probably kill himself if I left and idk what to think of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bp-ihtgzdE

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I love this

AITA for throwing a bunch of disgusting garbage into a stranger's car through their open window?

So the other day I was walking my dog in the park when I saw this dude pull into the parking lot, roll down his window, and start dumping trash out of it. McDonalds cups and wrappers, empty cigarette boxes, soda cans and bottles, handfuls of cigarette butts, etc.

The guy proceeded to get out of his car, step over the trash pile he'd just created, and then pulled a skateboard out of the backseat and walked away, presumably to the skate park.

I happened to notice that he'd left his window open, so as soon as he was out of sight I went over and picked up all of his garbage and threw it back into the car, right onto the driver's seat. The park was pretty empty so nobody saw him dumping the trash or me putting it back in his car.

I left shortly after, so I don't know what happened when he saw what I'd done, but I've told some friends about it and gotten pretty mixed reactions. Some people thought it was awesome that I threw his trash back in his car, while some people think I was a huge dick and should have just minded my own business (or at least thrown it into a trashcan instead of the dude's car). I feel like I was in the right, because it's a much bigger rear end in a top hat move to dump all your garbage on the ground, especially in a freaking park where people bring their kids and pets.

So reddit, tell me: AITA? There was a trashcan nearby, so I could have thrown it all away, but honestly I wanted the guy to get a taste of his own medicine and understand how lovely it is to litter like that.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Power Khan posted:

So reddit, tell me: AITA? There was a trashcan nearby, so I could have thrown it all away, but honestly I wanted the guy to get a taste of his own medicine and understand how lovely it is to litter like that.

This was a good thing to do, and gently caress the littering guy, but there is zero chance he'll "understand how lovely it is" or achieve the slightest enlightenment. What will happen is that he'll throw it farther from the window next time

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

This was a good thing to do, and gently caress the littering guy, but there is zero chance he'll "understand how lovely it is" or achieve the slightest enlightenment. What will happen is that he'll throw it farther from the window next time

Let's look it up in the Book of Escalation. Here it is:

"Dogshit, one heap. Mix in with litter and return it to the offender's car. If unsure about message being understood, add note reading "gently caress YOU FOR LITTERING"

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
I (24m) am stuck in 2 loves

quote:

Alright, So..... 3 years ago i started dating the greatest love i ever knew. We'll call her D. It was the most amazing relationship i ever had. We were referred to by all our friends as "that" power couple. It was the best thing to ever happen to me. We had been friends for about a year before we dated and we knew eachother well. Both respected our independence and our relationship the same. D was so smart, beautiful and most physically attractive woman ive ever seen. Everything was an attractant.

Well, that relationship ended due to a combination of alot of things. I was still in the Army, which led me across the world alot, we fought about things alot (things i now see as dumb, such as not giving her the attention she needed or being selfish), the military gave me alot of mental health issues and one night, things got kinda violent. We got in an arguement and she had punched several holes in 2 doors. At that time i was still growing as a recovering, suicidal, depressive man and she was learning to control her anger and love herself. I broke it off the night i saw the violence, as my dad was abusive and i wont stand for it, and she told a few people i "layed my hands on her".

After the break up, she said she would try anything to make things work. She started going to counseling and i started therapy to help with my own demons as well. At the time i was still just so hurt and focused on moving on i left the relationship where it layed. I promised to be there for her no matter what happened and we could still be friends.

A week later i met a girl, my now fiance, J. Over the course of the last year and a half of being with J, ive learned to love myself and learned the things i desperately needed/searched for since. She is beautiful, smart, outgoing and spunky too. J has such a kind heart but is a wildfire when need be. We fell in love very quickly and i wanted to be with her. She was hesitant because of my feelings for D were still so fresh, but we started dating and i felt the need to always prove myself worthy. I tread lightly to avoid any problems that shouldnt be problems. J didny want me to have anything to do with D. No contact, no catching up, etc. D is blocked on all my social media. And i agreed to it with a heavy heart. J and I are doing well right now in our relationship and have learned how to properly communicate with eachother. We live together and i have created an option for a secure future together.

I asked J to marry me in January, hoping i could just get over everything i felt for D and start my life new with J.

The problem is this,...

Over the entire relationship, i catch myself thinking, dreaming, praying for and missing D.

There isnt a day lately that i haven't thought of D. A few weeks back i had a bad night terror where i woke up crying and screaming because i thought D was hurt. I unblocked D on instagram and sent her a message asking if she was okay. I NEEDED to know she was safe and okay. J knows about this and even told me i should message her, J knew i needed it that bad. I miss D. Genuinely miss everything about her. But after a year and a half, i supress all these feelings because i know i cant think about her anymore. Its like my head is in a battle with my heart. I cant help but wonder if it was the wrong time, that D and I needed to grow up a bit more before things could be amazing together. Its hard.

The love i have for D has never changed. And the love i have for J has been growing more, but my heart will always hurt wondering if D is out there thinking the same as me.

What the hell do i do...

I need any advice

TLDR: im in love with someone im not going to marry.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Randler posted:

The hell is a "twin flame"? Is that from some bad YA book or anime?

This is from forever ago but I am slowly catching up and this post(along with a few others regarding the twin flame topic) made me choke on my coffee as I read it.

No lie, this one chick I was locked up with kept pacing the rec yard in jail, yelling "Twin flame!" as she circled the small area. The women's rec was on the 4th floor of the jail, and the men were above on the 5th. She was trying to call out to her boyfriend, apparently. She would even write "twin flames" on everything she owned. She even showed me a little story her boyfriend wrote called "twin flame" which was a fanfic of her and him going on a crime spree before being shot to death by the police.

When I read the paper, I did a double take on her boyfriends name. I went to high school with the guy. Small world. Turns out, they were both locked up for stealing lawn mowers and selling them to secondhand small engine shops to get drug money.

When I was sentenced and sent off to state prison, I saw her in the hall and she still had Twin Flames written on her jail uniform pants. Last I heard, they were going to a treatment facility to get clean and were awaiting a pick up date. If it weren't for the age difference, I would have been convinced by the writing style that she posted on reddit.

That made my morning, lol.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I'd like to believe they met when both were trying to steal the same lawn mower.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'd like to believe they met when both were trying to steal the same lawn mower.

"His hand brushed mine when we both reached for the handle. Then our eyes locked. Twin flames ignited."

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

LadyPictureShow posted:

Twin-stroke?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Power Khan posted:

I love this

AITA for throwing a bunch of disgusting garbage into a stranger's car through their open window?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9mpQe9V94E

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Is it ok for me (18 M) to date my girlfriend (17 F)?

quote:

I recently turned 18 and my girlfriend of 1 year is 17. We both live in Michigan. I'm wondering if there's some legal problem or whatever because I'm technically an adult and she is not.

quote:

You can date her without an issue. Are you asking if y'all can have sex?

quote:

No. We both agreed not to do that until we're married because her parents are really strict

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My childhood "friend" went through my boyfriend's phone and found pictures of him having sex with me while I was sleeping. She told everyone and now my boyfriend is being ostracized from our friends. Except it was my idea for him to do it in the first place. [NSFW]

quote:

Throw away because of the sensitive subject matter.

So, there are three main players in the situation; my childhood friend, Sarah [31F], my long-time partner, John [34M], and myself [29F].

I've known that Sarah has had a crush on John for a long time. It's kind of an open secret in our group that no one talks about, but other than some longing looks and awkward interactions, Sarah has never crossed any boundaries. But because she does have this crush, she does stuff such as leaning over his shoulder to look at his phone screen and doing that playful shoulder slap that people do.

(My boyfriend and I had discussed it and decided, together, not to address it unless her crush became a problem since it seemed harmless.)

Apparently when she was doing that recently, she caught a glimpse of what looked like a photo of him having sex with me, so later, she went back and went through his gallery.

Which is full of photos and videos of him having sex with me while I'm sleeping. She took photos with her phone and then went and told everybody - except me!!! - that my boyfriend is assaulting me in my sleep. She apparently showed them her "evidence" as well.

I found this out the next day when another friend messaged me, incredibly concerned.

Now people are threatening to go to the cops, trying to stage interventions, and someone even told my dad I'm being abused.

But here's the thing - it's my fetish in the first place, not his. He took the photos and videos for me. The day after our "sessions", he sends them to me so I can watch them because it's better than porn.

But nobody believes me. They're accusing me of protecting my boyfriend and covering for a r*pist. I don't know what to do. I'm scared that someone is going to call the police on him.

How do I fix my friendships and convince everybody that I'M the one who wanted it?

There is no text communication to exonerate my boyfriend, but I do have pages of internet history from my phone full of "limp porn" and sleeping fetish fantasy literature. I'm tempted to pull up my internet history and air my dirty laundry to fix this.

Please help. I'm so embarrassed, frustrated, and, honestly, really, really loving mad.

Edit: since this needs to be said, YES, my boyfriend does have a passcode on his phone. It's a four digit code.

Edit edit:

yes, I know she isn't my friend, which is why "friend" is in quotes.

I have three friends on my side with this, so it's not everybody. Just mostly everybody. I was upset and generalizing last night.

I am in the US.

my boyfriend DOES HAVE A PASSCODE on his phone. Seriously. Stop blaming him. This is definitely not his fault.

Edit AGAIN since people just wanna try to blame my boyfriend and I: we attended a BBQ where EVERYBODY left their phones inside. We thought we were in a trusted, safe place.

You guys are being a little mean about this.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

Pinecone Sample posted:

My childhood "friend" went through my boyfriend's phone and found pictures of him having sex with me while I was sleeping. She told everyone and now my boyfriend is being ostracized from our friends. Except it was my idea for him to do it in the first place. [NSFW]

If you don't have a password on your phone, everything bad that happens as a result is your fault.

edit: Oh wait he does but apparently the friend knows the code? Still his fault.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Kneecaps posted:

If you don't have a password on your phone, everything bad that happens as a result is your fault.

edit: Oh wait he does but apparently the friend knows the code? Still his fault.

Actually, if someone goes through your phone and reads your private messages and steals your information, it's their fault, regardless of how easy it was to do.

Hot take I know.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Barudak posted:

Collection? They're all in his somehow still in business electronics shop that charges 450 dollars for a first generation iPod.

Is this a Louis Rossmann reference?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Kneecaps posted:

Why?

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
The fact that the friend told all of her friends right off the bat without having approached her directly, which would have been a much better way of handling either an actual sexual assault or whatever that actual situation was, is a pretty good indicator that the friend is way more interested in spreading drama than in the OP's welfare.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Kneecaps posted:

I was going to post wondering how the mouthbreathers of Reddit somehow en mass tried blaming the OP and/or her bf when it was blindingly obviously neither of their faults.

I guess I'll just ask you instead.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Well she can press charges on "friend" for distribution of her nude pictures without her consent and I'd highly encourage her to do so.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

New Coke posted:

The fact that the friend told all of her friends right off the bat without having approached her directly, which would have been a much better way of handling either an actual sexual assault or whatever that actual situation was, is a pretty good indicator that the friend is way more interested in spreading drama than in the OP's welfare.

I'm always the last to know

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

My (28 m) girlfriend (28 F) has gone off the rails with conspiracy theories after something happened a few weeks ago.

quote:

I really, really need help with this so I'm hoping someone here has experience with this or had this happen to a friend or something. I just got to work and am sitting down to write this first thing as it's all I've been thinking about for weeks now.

My girlfriend and I (I'll call her Sasha, this is a fake account as her friend knows my username) have been dating for 5 years. I would describe us as normal but cool people (kind of weird but relevant to this post). We do cool stuff like rock climbing and go camping but we also watch Netflix and HBO shows, nothing is really that "out there" or weird about either of us. I did acid one time in college, she plays the ukulele, that's really it.

So, I don't know if everyone knows about it but in the news recently there was this guy Jeffrey Epstein who apparently was like, a guy who was, trafficking young girls or something? And he got arrested and then when he was in jail he killed himself like three weeks ago. I saw some of this in the news and didn't really make a note of it. I mostly just see news on Reddit and Facebook, honestly I don't really keep up with anything that isn't like, a war or something serious.

My girlfriend on the other hand got really interested in all this when he was arrested. She has this friend that was showing her all this stuff about Jeffrey Epstein having all these famous friends and people going to this island he had or something. She told me about it and I just thought, "Okay, that's interesting", and didn't think much of it. She started staying up in bed reading stuff on her phone about it so, I kind of just thought it was cute she was interested in something, okay, no big deal.

Then it escalated A LOT suddenly when he killed himself, like a week after she got into all this. She started telling me about how he obviously didn't kill himself for all these reasons and that rich powerful people must have killed him... okay. I thought it was maybe interesting but seems kind of implausible but what do I know I guess.

Well since then she has gone entirely off the rails looking into all this conspiracy stuff and it's gotten really really really insane very quickly. At first I think her logic was, "Well if these people killed Epstein who else have they killed", but then it's gone to "well if they're hiding this what else are they hiding".

I feel really dumb and insane typing this out but here are some things she was ACTUALLY talked about with me IN REAL LIFE over the last THREE weeks:

- who actually killed JFK
- the government making viruses and diseases to kill people
- Steven Hawking's disease being fake (???)
- chem-trails
- people using radioactive fertilizer on tobacco and that's why smoking kills you (???)

I could kind of handle this but I recently looked at her phone (I know its bad) just to see where all this was coming from and she's on twitter talking with all these insane people about this stuff and she had this forum open that was a FLAT EARTH forum in google chrome. I decided to talk to her about it and she actually got in an argument with me about FLAT EARTH. She was telling me that NASA is a government thing and that you can't trust the government and that no pictures show the curve of the earth except NASA pictures and all this insane stuff. She was asking me all these questions that I have no idea how to answer because I'm not a scientist like, how can earths atmosphere, like the air and stuff, be touching the vacuum of space with no barrier (she kept saying this over and over). I asked her if she thought the earth was flat and she said I don't know.

Reddit PLEASE I really really really have no idea what to do with this. I just bought a ring and am planning on proposing to this girl but now literally in the course of a month shes gone from normal girl that does yoga and watches wedding reality TV to asking me questions about how i know SPACE IS REAL in my KITCHEN while i'm making BREAKFAST.

If you read all this thank you so much. Like I said i just got to work and had to sit down and write this down quickly because its all I thought about on the train ride here and all I've thought about for at least a week now. I'm hoping someone knows if this will... go away or subside or what I can do. I know some people will say something neurological is going on but the thing is her job involves a lot of math, a lot of planning, and a lot of interacting with people. It's a weird job with a unique combination of being social and fun with people but also managing a lot of things precisely, so I know she's not "going insane". please someone tell me what to do I'm so lost, my life was perfect a month ago and I just want to go back.

TL;DR: my girlfriend got into one idea about the media lying about something a few weeks ago and now is arguing with me about crazy things and I REALLY don't know what to do.

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

Kneecaps posted:

Are we all just getting whooshed here?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Guys I think Kneecaps was being sarcastic.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

Is this even possible without any sort of drug involvement? I really can't imagine sleeping through actual sex no matter how passed out you were prior to penetration.

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
anyone else having trouble getting sexbots authorized?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dazerbeams posted:

Is this even possible without any sort of drug involvement? I really can't imagine sleeping through actual sex no matter how passed out you were prior to penetration.

maybe it's a fetish thing, and she was "sleeping"

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

cumshitter posted:

Growing up I knew a kid who had what doctors diagnosed as a medically tight rear end in a top hat. It's a shame he grew up straight because of bad parenting. The doctors told his mom that his colon and rectum would eventually adjust and let him poo poo normally, without pain.

But he was like 6 or 7, so he associated making GBS threads with pain. Similar to the Black & White game, where if you beat your pet avatar hard enough the first time it took a dump it would never poo poo again and would walk around periodically doing the "I'm in pain, I have to poo poo," animation.

So sometimes we would be hanging out and he would shove his arm out and twist it, like he was Thanos trying to will his own turds out of existence, but eventually he would have to run off and take a dump.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

I've had two exes give me the green light to penetrate them when sleeping. Never did it but I assume it is enjoyable for them.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Pinecone Sample posted:

My (28 m) girlfriend (28 F) has gone off the rails with conspiracy theories after something happened a few weeks ago.

r/relationships: this guy who apparently was like, a guy who was, trafficking young girls or something?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Mr. Lobe posted:

maybe it's a fetish thing, and she was "sleeping"

She said that it's her fetish

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Epstein absolutely got taken out by people less worried about the consequences of taking him out than the consequences of him spilling his guts. I could definitely see that poo poo opening doors for people to believe some other less-obviously-true nonsense like chemtrails

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

TheScott2K posted:

Epstein absolutely got taken out by people less worried about the consequences of taking him out than the consequences of him spilling his guts. I could definitely see that poo poo opening doors for people to believe some other less-obviously-true nonsense like chemtrails

I’ve actually never thought about it in this light before. Epstein’s “”””””suicide”””””” probably turned a lot of people on to batshit conspiracy theories by virtue of how suspicious it is. Maybe not like 9/11 but up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

I've definitely witnessed people who had already been kind of into that feeling that their suspicions had been validated by the Epstein thing and ended up that much deeper in the rabbit hole. I mean, personally, it's like: yes, the Pizzagate thing is still batshit and doesn't have a shred of evidence to support it, but the existence of a child prostitution ring catering to the wealthy and powerful being pretty much indisputable puts these sorts of notions within the realm of possibility in a way that I previously wouldn't have acknowledged.

New Coke fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 31, 2019