Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Did you install Onetweak? if you enable borderless window with it and set FNV to bordered mode in the launcher it should work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I'll have to check when I get home but I don't think so. I'm guessing borderless window doesn't work properly by default?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Yeah it's not a default feature so you gotta sneak it in with mods

remember that you have to activate borderless windowed in the Onetweak.ini, which is only generated after you've launched the game once

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Jas anyone modded shadows into the game yet

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

ENB has a "detailed shadows" option that looks good as long as you don't notice the fact that the shadows abruptly end near the edges of your screen

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I've been waiting for this and now FO3 and NV are on sale on Steam, I'm getting them. I've been wanting to do this for years . Played the games on console and now I can finally explore the world of mods and then have nothing work and te ar my hair out.

As somebody who is basically computer illiterate and has no experience at heavy modding in a game, how hard would it be to just get Tale of Two Wastelands up and running? That and Ties That Bind are the mods I care most about. Everything else is flavor.

I'd like to try out some companion mods and I might need some extra stuff since some mods use other mods ya know. But TTW and TTB are the ones I absolutely want/need.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

NikkolasKing posted:

I've been waiting for this and now FO3 and NV are on sale on Steam, I'm getting them. I've been wanting to do this for years . Played the games on console and now I can finally explore the world of mods and then have nothing work and te ar my hair out.

As somebody who is basically computer illiterate and has no experience at heavy modding in a game, how hard would it be to just get Tale of Two Wastelands up and running? That and Ties That Bind are the mods I care most about. Everything else is flavor.

I'd like to try out some companion mods and I might need some extra stuff since some mods use other mods ya know. But TTW and TTB are the ones I absolutely want/need.

TTW is more complicated than a standard mod but still pretty easy if you can follow instructions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHXIEGtP2Hw

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

As chitoryu said, TTW is bit more complex than your average mod. But the installer is mostly automated, so it's pretty painless. As long you can English and follow instructions, you'll be good.

Do note that the "Ties That Bind" mod that was made for FO3 won't work. You'll need a version that converted to work with TTW. Check TTW's forum, someone probably will have made a port of it.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 8, 2019

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Is there an up to date list of New Vegas mods? Looks like the OP was last updated in 2015.

Or is New Vegas modding just dead? lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Thingyman posted:

Is there an up to date list of New Vegas mods? Looks like the OP was last updated in 2015.

Or is New Vegas modding just dead? lol

Hardly. There's been a great number of good quality of life mods that have been released in the last few years.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

There's the Viva New Vegas guide, I checked out an older version of it ages ago and it seemed alright

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is that related to the Fear and Loathing Guide? Either way, I'll look into it.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

ThaumPenguin posted:

There's the Viva New Vegas guide, I checked out an older version of it ages ago and it seemed alright

Exactly what I needed, thanks.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is that related to the Fear and Loathing Guide? Either way, I'll look into it.

Yeah it's sort of meant to be the spiritual successor, even used to be hosted on the same site

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Been going through the Viva New Vegas guide, it already has fucky poo poo even in the core part, when it comes to the vanilla UI+ stuff. And his what's on his own Nexus page he references for stuff to download doesn't jive with what's on the guide, either. It needs an update.

e- Looks like it's in the process of being updated.

Justin Credible fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 20, 2019

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hardly. There's been a great number of good quality of life mods that have been released in the last few years.

A new thread is necessary, as this is at least the third or fourth time someone has complained that no one is updating the mod list.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

also the links are still broken!! i know you can copy and paste the number but still

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
I read somewhere in another fallout thread (or maybe this one idk) that there's a mod that lets you get the dead money ending narration with everyone even if you kill Dean, but I can't for the life of me remember where. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Grizzwold posted:

I read somewhere in another fallout thread (or maybe this one idk) that there's a mod that lets you get the dead money ending narration with everyone even if you kill Dean, but I can't for the life of me remember where. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
I don't have the game installed, otherwise I'd upload the plugin for you. But that's a simple edit to do yourself with the GECK. You need to edit the scripts NVDLC01NarratorScript & NVDLC01SlideshowTriggerSCRIPT.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just had to use the console to finish Boone's quest. Is it just me, or is that quest buggy as hell in general?

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

Just had to use the console to finish Boone's quest. Is it just me, or is that quest buggy as hell in general?

Heard that the whole Legion attack bit at the end can be an issue at times, and even just getting History points with Boone can be an issue. Do dislike that his quest is pretty much the only one you can accidentally do enough beforehand to make it impossible to actually complete, double so since several of his History points can easily be lost by actions before you meet him. (Killing Vulpes Inculta in Nipton, Completing Booted on the way to Novac, freeing/killing the NCR solders in Nelson) For the others, you at least have to go out of your way to kill people or piss off a neutral faction to mess their quests up.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."

MariusLecter posted:

A nexus user reuploaded Live Dismemberment since the original mod author deleted it for whatever resons,
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/67147

This is v1.8, I had backed up and been using v1.5 since forever so this is nice.

So I just reinstalled New Vegas and started a new playthrough, and one of the many mods I'm using is this Live Dismemberment. I'm several hours in now, and I have yet to successfully cause a live dismemberment on anyone.

I target people's limbs in VATS, shoot them a bunch of times, and their limbs are crippled like normal. If I keep firing at that crippled limb, they die. Does live dismemberment only work on enemies that have high health, and I'm too early in the game to see it happen?

I'm guessing that maybe for live dismemberment an enemy needs to be hit in the arm or leg while they have less than 10% health, and on lowly Power Gangers I've never achieved it simply cause it only takes 2 or 3 bullets or lasers to kill them anyway. Tried it with a few NCR troopers as well, no success.

your evil twin fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 23, 2019

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
General modding question. I have my modding folder for New Vegas on my desktop, but it's eating up a lot of space on my C Drive. I want to move it onto my D Drive which has plenty of space, but I'm a little concerned that moving everything like that will break some of my modding tools like Mod Organizer, and I have a lot of mods that aren't available anymore that I don't want to lose in a bad move. Is it safe to transfer my modding folder to a different hard drive as long as I change the startpaths for stuff like merge plugins, loot, etc in the Mod Organizer Tools menu?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Yeah, you can move that stuff without problem. You will probably need to change the path of your mod directory in MO.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I'm getting the New Vegas itch again, haven't played in about three years. Anything new that's been released since then that it's really good? I see that there was a bunch of new stuff recommended in the Viva New Vegas mod guide, and that Mod Organizer has released a new version, but I'm also a little bit wary of outside generalized recommendations because I have very specific tastes in mods.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

There are diagonal movement animations now

Oh and there's Loot Menu, which adds FO4-style quicklooting to FNV

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Oh, I'm aware of loot menu, I think that mod's been out for quite a while by now and I know I used it the last time I played. Those diagonal movement animations look neat! They don't exactly make New Vegas look like a modern game, but they do help alleviate some of the overall clunkiness.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The biggest thing that prevents me from replaying New Vegas is thinking about how much better Dogmeat looks in 4 then Rex in New Vegas. He looks amazing and animates so well. So my dream mod somehow shoehorns Dogmeat into New Vegas with all his graphical improvements.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

The biggest thing that prevents me from replaying New Vegas is thinking about how much better Dogmeat looks in 4 then Rex in New Vegas. He looks amazing and animates so well. So my dream mod somehow shoehorns Dogmeat into New Vegas with all his graphical improvements.

It's not on nexus but I do believe there's a mod that replaces New Vegas dogs with the fallout 4 models. I think it's Upgrades from the Commonwealth. It's been a while since I downloaded it so I could be wrong.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Arcsquad12 posted:

It's not on nexus but I do believe there's a mod that replaces New Vegas dogs with the fallout 4 models. I think it's Upgrades from the Commonwealth. It's been a while since I downloaded it so I could be wrong.

It's on a private forum called Gunnetwork but I found an active mediafire link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/cmr0kpa9uirzhbc/UpgradesFromTheCommonwealth.rar

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I tried fallout new california and yikes the prologue is cringe. Was the dev bullied by some athlete in highschool? Holy moly that was a painful slog, and the post intro doesn't seem much better. Does this get any better? I'm still waiting for the fun to kick in.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
no it's bad

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

buglord posted:

I tried fallout new california and yikes the prologue is cringe. Was the dev bullied by some athlete in highschool? Holy moly that was a painful slog, and the post intro doesn't seem much better. Does this get any better? I'm still waiting for the fun to kick in.

it gets worse, if you can believe it

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer

buglord posted:

Far worse in fact. Can't remember if it was this thread or the other general Fallout one that ran down some of the utterly horrible and mind boggling dumbness that was in New California, but it is just a unfun train wreck from start to end. Like, it gives Mothership Zeta a major run for its money in terms of horribleness, and might just win out due to being incredibly crass.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

UED Special Ops posted:

Far worse in fact. Can't remember if it was this thread or the other general Fallout one that ran down some of the utterly horrible and mind boggling dumbness that was in New California, but it is just a unfun train wreck from start to end. Like, it gives Mothership Zeta a major run for its money in terms of horribleness, and might just win out due to being incredibly crass.

Yeah I already deleted it. Cant seem to find the project California rundown post though. That might give me more enjoyment than the game itself.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer

buglord posted:

Yeah I already deleted it. Cant seem to find the project California rundown post though. That might give me more enjoyment than the game itself.

A wise choice. Did a search of the forums and found the start of New California talk here about halfway down the page and it continues for several more:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3439576&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=959

Had forgotten some of the utter horribleness that was in that mod, and rereading that part of the tread about it... yeah, you definitely made the right call ending it early.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
RPS and PC Gamer kept hyping this up for a few years now so I had some expectation of passable writing and gameplay. The joke is definitely on me.

I don’t really care to look deeper into the plot to see if it improves because the weird incel self pity revenge tones in the intro were just way too hard to stomach. I have a sympathetic side for modding and expanded universe/fanfic stuff because the writers/modders for personal enjoyment and almost never for money. But yeesh. 7 years of hard work and this comes out.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it is kind of incredible that so much time was spent on it, and just every last thing about it was horrible in the end. Oh, and the plot actually gets worse somehow, far, far worse...
The player character is both a clone of the protagonist from Fallout 1/might also somehow be part mutant or something as well AND is also The Courier as well. Yeah, the whole game is a horrible, utterly insane, and incredibly crass backstory for The Courier, aka, the one Fallout protagonist that had the most open-ended and individually player decided backstory. Yeah...

UED Special Ops fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Sep 15, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
7 years? Leni Riefenstahl bragged about how Triumph of the Will only took her 3 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I think I will wait for a good Lets Player or Twitch type I like to do a piss take play of that mod because it sounds so depressingly rubbish.

It also blunted my desire for The Frontier too and all TC style mods for F4 that just aren't remakes of the originals.