Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

No one should waste their time, and especially not their money, on Pokémon Masters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Wendell posted:

No one should waste their time, and especially not their money, on Pokémon Masters.

Remember when people were freaking out that Pokemon Masters was getting more love and attention than Sword and Shield just because it had a few Mega Pokemon in it?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm kind of suprised that people are giving this much attention to a gacha game in the first place when it was pretty much known the moment that aspect was announced how it would turn out

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Considering a lot of the complaints are in comparing it to other gacha games the people who were interested in it might have been ok with that aspect.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm enjoying the writing in Masters, so I'm going through it for that. I got a pretty decent set of pulls with my first ten-pull, and that's been carrying me through the game. I'm leaving it on auto-battle and letting the game handle the work for me, and just checking in before/after battles to check out the writing.

It's not seeing a cent of my money though. :colbert:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm kind of suprised that people are giving this much attention to a gacha game in the first place when it was pretty much known the moment that aspect was announced how it would turn out

This was announced when the Sw/Sh controversy was at its height and people were basically gloming on to anything that looked remotely better.

You should've seen all the smug Digimon fans during the same time.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Neo_Crimson posted:

This was announced when the Sw/Sh controversy was at its height and people were basically gloming on to anything that looked remotely better.

Remember everyone who was super smug about the new Yokai Watch and then it came out and absolutely murdered any hope that franchise would bounce back?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/pokejungle/status/1167491251287052289

Here's an early anime rumor. There should be official news about it overnight Saturday into Sunday.

Music Chat:
Since I was into Chrono Trigger about the same time Black and White were the main games I loved the Reversal Mountain theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQg70c-ZlKI

let's make an anime that includes all the starter pokemon, for the game where you can't use any of the off-gen starters

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/pokejungle/status/1167491251287052289

Here's an early anime rumor. There should be official news about it overnight Saturday into Sunday.

Music Chat:
Since I was into Chrono Trigger about the same time Black and White were the main games I loved the Reversal Mountain theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQg70c-ZlKI

Oh my god ash is about to win the league and beat his dad and retire

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh my god ash is about to win the league and beat his dad and retire

Kukui was his biological dad the whole time

Sun and Moon retroactively becomes a commentary on a former deadbeat parent learning to integrate his abandoned and estranged children into his new family.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

let's make an anime that includes all the starter pokemon, for the game where you can't use any of the off-gen starters

Which is a good reason to suspect that the rumor is BS...

Though if they're really feeling ambitious, they could make two Pokemon animes: Pokemon Sword/Shield with a new protagonist, and Pokemon Home with Ash fighting people like Tobias and Cynthia with all his Pokemon from previous regions. They almost certainly won't actually do that, though.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Neo_Crimson posted:

I'm a Digimon fan and I have no idea what there even is for us to be smug about. I'm pretty sure we've all given up on the Digi-Poke wars and accepted that we're at best the New York Mets, at worst the Buffalo Bills.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It might just be for and Orange Islands or Battle Frontier sort of arc.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Which is a good reason to suspect that the rumor is BS...

Though if they're really feeling ambitious, they could make two Pokemon animes: Pokemon Sword/Shield with a new protagonist, and Pokemon Home with Ash fighting people like Tobias and Cynthia with all his Pokemon from previous regions. They almost certainly won't actually do that, though.

Better yet, don't come up with a new protagonist; have Max and Ralts go to Galar instead.

OK, that's probably a bad idea, since I think I'm the only one who actually likes Max.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The Bee posted:

I'm a Digimon fan and I have no idea what there even is for us to be smug about. I'm pretty sure we've all given up on the Digi-Poke wars and accepted that we're at best the New York Mets, at worst the Buffalo Bills.

outside of collecting monsters to battle with, the video game franchises arent really that similar at all, the latest game (cyber sleuth, or at least i think that is the latest) is more like persona in tone then pokemon

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Digimon goes wildly experimental with basically every game it releases with direct numbered sequels often belonging to entirely different genres.

They never really settled on any kind of formula.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The next Digimon game is actually an SRPG

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

That new anime's probably going to be a mini-series like Origins and Generations were.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Rinkles posted:

The next Digimon game is actually an SRPG

Yeah, I'm hyped as hell for Survive, when it finally gets here. The Cyber Sleuth rereleases and new X designs are really cool too. I just don't think we'll ever be at Pokemon level, and you know what? That's okay. Better than how Yokai Watch ended up.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

Better yet, don't come up with a new protagonist; have Max and Ralts go to Galar instead.

OK, that's probably a bad idea, since I think I'm the only one who actually likes Max.

Hows your BW anime viewing going?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Hows your BW anime viewing going?

Stalled out a bit due to some real-life stuff and also watching some currently-airing (non-Pokemon) anime. And also maybe due to BW's mediocrity, I guess, although I can't say I outright disliked any of the last few episodes. The genie trio two-parter was reasonably intense, Ash showed a lot more intelligence against Clay than he did against Elesa, and the Chargestone Cave episode had some fun parts with Joltik being cute.

It's funny how the anime treats Revival Herbs as an unambiguous good thing, while in the games they're basically the "evil" version of Revives. Not a criticism, just an observation.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 31, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's pretty funny that most of the characters on the start screen in Masters aren't in the game yet. Lance, Diantha, Cynthia, Red, Steven...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

RatHat posted:

It's pretty funny that most of the characters on the start screen in Masters aren't in the game yet. Lance, Diantha, Cynthia, Red, Steven...

Are they not even available through the story?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Vandar posted:

Are they not even available through the story?

No.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

Stalled out a bit due to some real-life stuff and also watching some currently-airing (non-Pokemon) anime. And also maybe due to BW's mediocrity, I guess, although I can't say I outright disliked any of the last few episodes. The genie trio two-parter was reasonably intense, Ash showed a lot more intelligence against Clay than he did against Elesa, and the Chargestone Cave episode had some fun parts with Joltik being cute.

It's funny how the anime treats Revival Herbs as an unambiguous good thing, while in the games they're basically the "evil" version of Revives. Not a criticism, just an observation.

Alright, fair enough. Glad that last stretch was more pleasant.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/1167353807312961538

There's apparently a new line of Pokemon Trainer dolls launching today.
E: Apparently they've also sold out per the Japanese Pokemon twitter accounts I follow.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Aug 31, 2019

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The Bee posted:

Yeah, I'm hyped as hell for Survive, when it finally gets here. The Cyber Sleuth rereleases and new X designs are really cool too. I just don't think we'll ever be at Pokemon level, and you know what? That's okay. Better than how Yokai Watch ended up.

Honestly, as long as they keep making games like Cyber Sleuth I'll be happy. Terrible art aside, those games were fantastic.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

RatHat posted:

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1166716380282064897?s=20

That sure took a while. Shiny Necrozma is still unobtainable normally right?

Also those shinies are hideous.

They're just ultra sunburned.

I think this giveaway uses the phone app. If I can figure out a way to get multiple codes, I'll probably run some gimmick to give them out to goons who aren't surrounded by game stops.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Silver2195 posted:

I've heard that both BW and XY anime arcs are hard to get through, but Sun and Moon is great so you only have like five years worth of episodes to go before you get to the good stuff!

Have you been watching the movies too as you go along?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I've heard that both BW and XY anime arcs are hard to get through, but Sun and Moon is great so you only have like five years worth of episodes to go before you get to the good stuff!

Have you been watching the movies too as you go along?

I'm behind on those, actually; I didn't finish Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea yet.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

This is a bit random, but one of the things I liked about LGPE is how the route bosses you encounter who give you extra stuff imply that they’re in charge of all the trainers in each area, and that those characters are out there all the time because it’s basically their job. It’s a nice bit of world building.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/Arkeus88/status/1167818268427653120?s=19

Ash's mom and Oak are gonna be there. First time since Johto. Its happening

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I can’t wait to see how people will stretch things to say it doesn’t count if he wins.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Just let Ash win, he's waited so long.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Ash's mom and Oak are gonna be there. First time since Johto.

False, they've already been to Alola. Along with Mimey.

Misty and Brock as well.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
First time they've attended a League since Johto, I think.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Shneak posted:

First time they've attended a League since Johto, I think.

Yeah thats what i meant

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Just an FYI if you want to try and make masters work. Rerolling for Karen/houndoom is probably worth the effort. With just support from story characters she can solo the entire game.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Just an FYI if you want to try and make masters work. Rerolling for Karen/houndoom is probably worth the effort. With just support from story characters she can solo the entire game.

As she feckin' should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
We need Metakaren to log on and tell us that true Pokémon trainer trainers can win with their friends