Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Nastyman posted:

Is there a name for the mental illness that makes you think it's fine to be a poo poo so long as you carefully do the mental gymnastics to interpret the word that describes the lovely thing as something else that you never once showed the slightest interest in until the republican president turned out to be just an absolute, indefensably awful person?

Cognitive dissonance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Jurgan posted:

Cognitive dissonance?

I don't think it's that, necessarily. Less "opposing viewpoints" and more "my headspace drives the moral narrative of the world"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That’s called LIBERALISM

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Or is it CONSERVATISM

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

And now the game begins

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

oldpainless posted:

And now the game begins

You fool, you've killed us all

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
fishhooktheory.jpg

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

oldpainless posted:

That’s called LIBERALISM

oldpainless posted:

Or is it CONSERVATISM

More like oldextremeless.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nastyman posted:

Is there a name for the mental illness that makes you think it's fine to be a poo poo so long as you carefully do the mental gymnastics to interpret the word that describes the lovely thing as something else that you never once showed the slightest interest in until the republican president turned out to be just an absolute, indefensably awful person?

Cranialrectitus

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Nastyman posted:

He means this

What is that i dont play world of warcraft

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Jurgan posted:

More like oldextremeless.

"More like oldcentrist" was right there.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/TheQuartering/status/1167878177638641664

Oh, please, I want to watch another episode of white man complaining on YouTube. I hope your dragon avatar facepalms at least seven times.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

did some GG/alt-right dude have a heated gamer moment leading to his death or what

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

if so, Good

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Biplane posted:

did some GG/alt-right dude have a heated gamer moment leading to his death or what

Game developer committed suicide this week after reports came out that he was a rapist and abuser. There was more than just him announced, but yeah this is just going to lead to a ton of bad poo poo most likely.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

He was the co-creator of Night in the Woods, too.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/31/night-in-the-woods-developer-accused-of-sexual-assault-dies

Here's an article about it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Biplane posted:

if so, Good

Long story short: many women recently came out and accused several prominent people in the gaming industry of being huge creeps and/or rapists. Among these, Zoe Quinn (who some years ago was arguably the catalyst that started Gamergate) accused Alec Holowka, indie game designer and composer, of raping her. The accusation was then substantiated by several other women who said that yes, Holowka had raped them too. As a result, the other people at the studio Holowka worked publicly denounced him and cut ties with him (going so far as to cancel a project they were working on together).

Today it came to light that Holowka killed himself.

Of course people are crawling out of the woodwork saying "Weeeeeeell if Zoe Quinn hadn't said anything heeeee would still be aliveeee!"

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

"More like oldcentrist" was right there.

I thought they had to end with “less?”

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Specifically
https://twitter.com/derangedpoetess/status/1167855630385909760
https://twitter.com/derangedpoetess/status/1167884648296222721

Don't read the comments (or do, if you want to see a shithead parade)

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Mikl posted:

Zoe Quinn (who some years ago was arguably the catalyst that started Gamergate)

No "arguably" about it. It started as an overt mass harassment campaign against her.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
It's ironic how Gamergaters call everyone they don't like "cucks", because by his own admission, that's exactly what Zoe did to Eron.

Also, a bad take:

https://twitter.com/RickyDelFuego/status/1167891562740604928

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/TheQuartering/status/1167878177638641664

Oh, please, I want to watch another episode of white man complaining on YouTube. I hope your dragon avatar facepalms at least seven times.

Dude should skip making a video and just head "downstairs" permanently.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Mikl posted:

Of course people are crawling out of the woodwork saying "Weeeeeeell if Zoe Quinn hadn't said anything heeeee would still be aliveeee!"

That may be true but if he didn't rape Zoe she wouldn't have called him on it and he would still be aliveeee! And he's not got anything worry about now but she's got all the fallout from this on top of being raped.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Inceltown posted:

That may be true but if he didn't rape Zoe she wouldn't have called him on it and he would still be aliveeee!

lol if you think any of these people believe her

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Henchman of Santa posted:

lol if you think any of these people believe her

This.

To them, any and all accusations is just perfidious :females: accusing perfectly innocent men of horrible things because ???

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Mikl posted:

This.

To them, any and all accusations is just perfidious :females: accusing perfectly innocent men of horrible things because ???

well you see after enduring years of unending harassment including rape and murder threats she secured a book deal in which she... documents dealing with the unending harassment.

Flowers
Mar 16, 2007

it's all fucking lewds

Mikl posted:

This.

Yeah, they wouldn't believe a word unless the woman accused someone they already hate. So of course she's a liar and I guess the other accusers are also liars because it's impossible a man could have done something bad. I am so mad over this I've given myself a headache.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

That's because the concept of whiteness is a vague, ill-defined fiction created by the ruling class to set the poor against each other

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Bertrand Hustle posted:

That's because the concept of whiteness is a vague, ill-defined fiction created by the ruling class to set the poor against each other

True.

But also, I’ve been to my ancestral realm of England. It’s there. :shrug:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Hey everyone, just a quick reminder, Zoe Quinn is nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A career in law enforcement.

Brute Hole Force has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Sep 1, 2019

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Neopie posted:

Hey everyone, just a quick reminder, Zoe Quinn is nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns.

Cant remind me something about someone I've never heard of. Only inform me.

Checkmate.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Neopie posted:

I did not know that, but now I do. No disrespect intended.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Neopie posted:

Whoops my bad! I did see their announcement but thought they were okay with both she/her and they/them.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

This infuriates me, because most white people have a luxury black people don't have, which is the ability to research their exact origins. If you want to go visit your ancestral homeland of Germany or Scotland or Poland, go for it. No one would call you racist for identifying strongly with your specific place of ethnic origin. However, if you want to be proud of being "white," then all you're really saying is "at least I'm not one of Them." Meanwhile, black people have no choice but to take pride in the least common denominator of "we're from somewhere in Africa within the last 400 years," because their exact origins were deliberately erased when they were brought over.

Mak0rz posted:

No "arguably" about it. It started as an overt mass harassment campaign against her.

Also Anita Sarkeesian. Not sure which of them had it worse, but I imagine neither of them would be interested in playing Oppression Olympics.

Flowers posted:

Yeah, they wouldn't believe a word unless the woman accused someone they already hate.

Funny you should mention that.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I’m not sure if I’m the only one who makes that squinty Fry face when someone gets all excited about using 23andMe, but well I do

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

Jurgan posted:

Meanwhile, black people have no choice but to take pride in the least common denominator of "we're from somewhere in Africa within the last 400 years," because their exact origins were deliberately erased when they were brought over.

I agree that white people are insufferable about this poo poo, but almost all the black folks I know either immigrated directly to North America from African nations or by way of the Caribbean ) and, sure, by that extension the slave trade. IMO, it helps to be careful not to ascribe grand or blanket narratives or tropes of any kind to POC even if it seems like you're arguing against white privilege.

Also not to be insufferably pedantic but some slavers kept obsessive notes and records on both sides of the ocean, so that some people have been able to trace their lineage and crossing. Obviously not the norm. I think what is most heartbreaking is all the likely hundreds of thousands, if not millions who died en route over the centuries and for whom the Pacific is the grave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

TinTower posted:

It's ironic how Gamergaters call everyone they don't like "cucks", because by his own admission, that's exactly what Zoe did to Eron.

Also, a bad take:

https://twitter.com/RickyDelFuego/status/1167891562740604928

Sex isn't automatically consensual just because a person calls themselves a male feminist :psyduck:
Do they think that the correct label protects them from accusations of wrongdoing? This isn't the catholic church!