Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

you accused homex of harassing you & told him to leave for disagreeing with you, when i first got drawn into this thread, then did the same thing to helsing, a few other times i dont remember, and then this popped up. disagreement is not abuse. a six hour probation is not a real punishment.

if you dont want the thread moved or gassed whatever ill leave it be and ignore it.

All Willy does is find every pretense to accuse me of being a cult leader*, over and over and over over again. (He has been probated for the same thing itt) You literally punished me because I asked someone abusing me to stop abusing me- and then when people objected you posted about how the abuser was in the right.

That's extremely hosed up.

*let me emphasize that Willie accuses me of being a cult leader because it's a socially acceptable way for him to harass and gaslight me. He can't attack my gender identity or my mental illness, but he knows that I was raised in an authoritarian cult. So he attacks me over and over and over and over again for being a cult leader, and accuses anyone who objects of being a brainwashed cult minion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

yeah this is a dnd af thread

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Trabisnikof posted:

yeah this is a dnd af thread

you are a dnd poster

wtf are you doing on this side of the hood

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dumb Lowtax posted:

you are a dnd poster

wtf are you doing in here

And that’s how I know. People want special mod rules where you’re only allowed to bring up an argument once and that’s dnd as gently caress

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

got no dog in this fight (I'm only here cuz I saw crazy cloud get banned again lol) but I think mocking a report when there was a qqcs thread just this week about how a child abuser went unreported because the forum was scared of usin reports ain't good. probably not your intention but still, thoughtd I'd mention it.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jazerus posted:

look. imo this thread should stay here. there is no better place on SA for this and sheng-ji does not speak for the entire forum. this is a chance to move forward constructively with everyone having a greater understanding of what's going on, if we can talk about it reasonably.

honestly i'm just havin fun with some good rear end forum drama, cause i love drama, and i'm probably stepping on toes but there is a very weird expectation from regulars of the thread w/r/t posting lol, even the legit actual Venezuelans from the venezuela, a country thats literally shedding millions, under sanctions, yada yada did not have the expectation that they were the sole proprietors of their thread lmao. This is mostly why i keep posting because that expectation strikes me as funny as hell. Like i could see if it was a one off post and I'm interpreting the language a lil too severely but we got the op going "please leave the thread" then some other bastard goin "its their thread"

Prester Jane posted:

All Willy does is find every pretense to accuse me of being a cult leader*, over and over and over over again. (He has been probated for the same thing itt) You literally punished me because I asked someone abusing me to stop abusing me- and then when people objected you posted about how the abuser was in the right.

*let me emphasize that Willie accuses me of being a cult leader because it's a socially acceptable way for him to harass and gaslight me. He can't attack my gender identity or my mental illness, but he knows that I was raised in an authoritarian cult. So he attacks me over and over and over and over again for being a cult leader, and accuses anyone who objects of being a brainwashed cult minion.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Helsing posted:

What exactly is your objection to how I'm engaging with this thread?

i don't think your posting is that bad, but you're taking it all very very seriously to the point that we really can't take you seriously. demanding that you have final say over how she presents her ideas when she genuinely does not make any pretense at peer-reviewed rigor at this point in time, comes off badly. you could post a lot more constructively if you weren't acting like we are somehow screwing up the founding of a new academic discipline.

some other folks post "disagreements" that are mostly thinly-veiled excuses to imply that prester is a narcissistic cult leader, insane, etc. which, again, is not actually a style of discourse encouraged in cspam. the passive-aggressive patronizing tone is the central problem i guess, in cspam if you're going to shitpost at somebody you go at them straight

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 20:33 on Aug 31, 2019

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

got no dog in this fight (I'm only here cuz I saw crazy cloud get banned again lol) but I think mocking a report when there was a qqcs thread just this week about how a child abuser went unreported because the forum was scared of usin reports ain't good. probably not your intention but still, thoughtd I'd mention it.

Yeah probably, i understand the impulse tho since being a mod means you get to do this dogshit 24/7 lmao, making GBS threads on your userbase rules

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Gross, known dnd posters are increasingly flooding in to backup the dnd posters that ruined it to begin with

For the record it's perfectly reasonable in any thread for a group having a conversation to tell others to gtfo if they're being weird obsessive assholes. That doesn't make anyone (even the OP) a sole proprietorship seeker you goddamn dense fuckers

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Someone who is "not-not-bourgeoisie" shouldn't be the enemy of a marxist.

Dogmatism is a bad look in any belief system.

Edit: to be clear here this is aimed at Willie.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Prester Jane posted:

i gave you a sixer for once again trying to boss people around in this thread, as youve done repeatedly. thats why you were given a sixer, a six hour probation. it wasnt any deeper than that.

ah i didnt hear about the report stuff irt that drama. but dont worry i probably wont be mocking any more reports any time soon lol

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i gave you a sixer for once again trying to boss people around in this thread, as youve done repeatedly.

yeah that person was being an rear end in a top hat interfering with an ongoing conversation and "bossing them around" meant telling them to stop or gtfo when they didn't, your point doesn't really hold any water

notice how quiet willie tomg got, they're laughing their rear end off right now because their months-long griefing campaign finally took hold

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

honestly i'm just havin fun with some good rear end forum drama, cause i love drama, and i'm probably stepping on toes but there is a very weird expectation from regulars of the thread w/r/t posting lol, even the legit actual Venezuelans from the venezuela, a country thats literally shedding millions, under sanctions, yada yada did not have the expectation that they were the sole proprietors of their thread lmao. This is mostly why i keep posting because that expectation strikes me as funny as hell. Like i could see if it was a one off post and I'm interpreting the language a lil too severely but we got the op going "please leave the thread" then some other bastard goin "its their thread"

there is no such expectation. once again it's about tone and not being a goddamn weirdo about your disagreement. like can i say this enough???? many of the "disagreements" are just bad faith personal attacks. not all of them. the inability to differentiate between the two unless you've followed this thread does make it harder to mod i suppose, but it doesn't change the fact that this continued assertion that folks in this thread just want a hugbox is some out-there poo poo.

good news: no mods no masters, cspam binch

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Gross, known dnd posters are increasingly flooding in to backup the dnd posters that ruined it to begin with

For the record it's perfectly reasonable in any thread for a group having a conversation to tell others to gtfo if they're being weird obsessive assholes. That doesn't make anyone (even the OP) a sole proprietorship seeker you goddamn dense fuckers

Its reasonable, it just read like marching orders a bit I think and they ended up eating a sixer. Might very well have been the wrong call, only god knows. Thankfully we have this thread to discuss on the minutiae of a six hour probe in c-spam.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jazerus posted:

there is no such expectation. once again it's about tone and not being a goddamn weirdo about your disagreement. like can i say this enough???? many of the "disagreements" are just bad faith personal attacks. not all of them. the inability to differentiate between the two unless you've followed this thread does make it harder to mod i suppose, but it doesn't change the fact that this continued assertion that folks in this thread just want a hugbox is some out-there poo poo.

I don't think the regulars want a hugbox, just the format of the thread is a bit more serious the cspam is. It would actually benefit from a thread boss function where the OP could be the thread IK itt if it was possible with software, feudalism baby. Whatever history op has with D&D and what have you strikes me as irrelevant unless they have power in cspam.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Homeless Friend posted:

There is a larger context for that- officially this thread was supposed to be the "Prester Jane containment zone" for me to go hog-wild posting my theories and debating them with interested posters- since my mere appearance in a thread in D&D risks starting a 3-day derail.

The entirety of the Narrativist Framework was hashed out over the course of about 3 years of debating my ideas back and forth, what you see on my blog did not spring forth in one great burst of effort but was rather the distillation of millions of words of active discussion.

This threas originally started out as something of a vanity project, an experiment in seeing how far a (self-aware) schizophrenic could take developing a conceptual framework like this. All these ideas are Concepts I developed during the course of several years of therapy, when I was the program in myself from my own experiences having been raised in an authoritarian cult. I think ot is worth mentioning that despite my lack of academic credentials there have been a number of individuals who posted back in the old threa and/or have pm'ed me that credited my ideas with helping them deradicalize, and people who have direct experience with extremist groups have frequently told me that my work helped them process their own experiences. (Particularly in the exvangelical community).

But in order for this project to work and requires a certain amount of people accepting this all for what it is and collectively running with the experiment. This is more about creating practical tools and ways for understanding the radicalization process in the extreme is mine said that it is creating an academically rigorous hypotheses.

I'm not an academic, and I'm not particularly trying to be one either. I believe my work may someday result in a formal academic theory, but to get there it needs further development.

And because I'm not an academic, but rather a barely educated schizophrenic who has spent her life trying her damnedest to catch up, you got to give me a little bit of breathing room and how would I do things. I'm not at all unreasonable, and the old thread was quite famous for how well I handled critical feedback and disagreement. But those were disagreements over the substance of my ideas, and not demands that I premise everything in established academic literature.

I'm coming at this all from a practical, experiential, organic intellectual perspective. Nothing in my work directly disagrees or contradicts established academic theories, what my work does is established associations between various behaviors, and makes a strong case for why these behaviors are related.

My work isn't ready for submission to a university yet, I'm mostly trying to get it to the point where a formally trained academic could distill my work into an academic format.

Getting there requires a certain level of engaging with me on my own terms- that's how the old thread worked and that's what made it such a success.

I simply don't operate in the way that certain individuals strongly believe I should.

Prester Jane has issued a correction as of 20:40 on Aug 31, 2019

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Dumb Lowtax posted:

yeah that person was being an rear end in a top hat interfering with an ongoing conversation and "bossing them around" meant telling them to stop or gtfo when they didn't, your point doesn't really hold any water

notice how quiet willie tomg got, they're laughing their rear end off right now because their months-long griefing campaign finally took hold

he asked me to chill so i am. i am not unreasonable unlike the people screaming transphobia over a sixer

BrandorKP posted:

Someone who is "not-not-bourgeoisie" shouldn't be the enemy of a marxist.

Dogmatism is a bad look in any belief system.

Materialism and class-analysis is less of a dogma than the just-so proclamations that prevail here. That Shakesville article is uncannily applicable.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
I think one thing that hasn't really translated over from D&D to C-SPAM. Is that I spent literally years correctly anticipating the development of what we would now call Trumpism- as well as correctly anticipating how it would evolve and spread through the GOP.

Not mind you, I didn't get everything right, because I'm not a prophet, I'm not a psychic. I have insight into these patterns because I've participated in them before, initially while being racing authoritarian called, and then later I experienced the online versions of these behaviors during my time in early 2000s era Otherkin cults. My insight into all this comes from spending years in therapy trying to understand why, despite leaving the cold I was raised in, I kept finding and recreating the same called like environment over and over. That was the initial impetus for the creation of the Narrativist Framework, it was a bunch of my own ideas I developed in trauma therapy (and kept to myself) about how cults/extremism functions, it was my way of understanding my own behavior and finding ways to recognize it so that I wouldn't fall into that trap again.

Then in early 2015 I started to see signs that large portions of The Fringe year aspects of the right-wing media we're starting to go through the same kinds of behaviors that I had experienced prior in online cults. Even pre escalator I was arguing that there was an extremely high possibility that all the French aspects of the right-wing would 1.)unite behind a strong man, then 2.)effectively seize control of the party, before 3.) devoring the party establishment, then 4.)turning on the rest of us. I was talking about this months before the escalator, because initially Ted Cruz was the guy angling in to try gathering all the terrified right-wing extremists into his camp.

I also quite accurately predicted Trump's Behavior, as well as getting into innumerable arguments (from 2016 on)with the dumbass centrists in D&D that American institutions were no match for a narcissist like Trump and/or the Psychopaths that would inevitably come to populate his inner circle.

I also correctly anticipated the malheur occupation, and the steady rise of stochastic terrorism being committed by online radicalized white males.

Again, I'm not a psychic. I'm a person who by sheer don't of bizarre circumstances- happens to have experienced these specific behaviour patterns in a couple of different social firmats, and was part of sort of the 1st online wave of this particular form of extremism during my time with the early Otherkin community. (I was also involved in the 2nd online wave of this form of extremism during my time as a 9/11 truther/an online organizer for Ron Paul's 2008 grift).

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
lmao that sjy read "authoritarian thread" and thought "wow, finally, heres my calling"

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames

mormonpartyboat posted:

lmao that sjy read "authoritarian thread" and thought "wow, finally, heres my calling"

According to qcs this past week sjy should get demodded and perma'd now, so let's loving go. He's a cancer on cspam

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames
Toxic piece of poo poo power abusing coward cuck mod eat my whole rear end

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

mormonpartyboat posted:

:q:

ross perot in hell posted:

According to qcs this past week sjy should get demodded and perma'd now, so let's loving go. He's a cancer on cspam

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

did you really pay 10 bucks just to post this. powerful tbh

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
*sees the probes going down, fade to black*

*sound of a phone ringing, being picked up*

"Yeah, hello.. Hillary? We've got another rat problem. "

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

cspam: stalin did nothing wrong

also cspam: wtf mods

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

:q:

did you really pay 10 bucks just to post this. powerful tbh

crazy cloud is an American hero

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Weird how everyone in C-SPAM claims they ~just like making jokes~ and don't have any biases toward marginalized people, yet all of the recent probations have been of trans people. :thunk:

Maybe you just need to sit down and listen, even if you're being told things you don't want to hear, because they might help you grow as a person? Just a thought.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Homeless Friend posted:

*sees the probes going down, fade to black*

*sound of a phone ringing, being picked up*

"Yeah, hello.. Hillary? We've got another rat problem. "

i have information that will lead to the six hour probation of hillary rodham clinton

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

crazy cloud is an American hero

cspam president :patriot:

A Major Fucker posted:

Weird how everyone in C-SPAM claims they ~just like making jokes~ and don't have any biases toward marginalized people, yet all of the recent probations have been of trans people. :thunk:

Maybe you just need to sit down and listen, even if you're being told things you don't want to hear, because they might help you grow as a person? Just a thought.

if u think sheng-ji is representative of cspam at large, lol, just lmao

he's his own person. a good poster. kind of a bad mod sometimes but also a good one sometimes. in conclusion, sjy is a land of contrasts

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 22:34 on Aug 31, 2019

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i have information that will lead to the six hour probation of hillary rodham clinton

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
By the way, "authoritarian" is just something chuds scream when, for the first time ever in their easy white male lives, they face consequences for their bullshit. It's just "freeze peach" for a slightly more educated type of chud. Sorry not sorry.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

A Major Fucker posted:

By the way, "authoritarian" is just something chuds scream when, for the first time ever in their easy white male lives, they face consequences for their bullshit. It's just "freeze peach" for a slightly more educated type of chud. Sorry not sorry.

i don't know what a freeze peach is. im very old and out of touch please explain

this thread's about authoritarian institutions such as far-right-wing evangelical propaganda schools, not the kind of "authoritarianism" that sovcits and libertarians whine about

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jazerus posted:

i don't know what a freeze peach is. im very old and out of touch please explain

this thread's about authoritarian institutions such as far-right-wing evangelical propaganda schools, not the kind of "authoritarianism" that sovcits and libertarians whine about

It is not my job to educate you. I'm already dealing with a lot right now and you want me to do this emotional labor. True white male fashion of ordering everyone else to do their work for them.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

A Major Fucker posted:

It is not my job to educate you. I'm already dealing with a lot right now and you want me to do this emotional labor. True white male fashion of ordering everyone else to do their work for them.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
To get this thread back on track: https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/st...ingawful.com%2F

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

We've had our differences, but I will be very saddened by news of your "suicide".

Do we know anything about the shooters concretely?

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

We've had our differences, but I will be very saddened by news of your "suicide".

Do we know anything about the shooters concretely?

Can we not joke about suicide, a real thing that happens? Not only are there multiple people in this thread who've dealt with it, but minimizing suicide is a subtle form of transphobia because it happens so often in the trans community. If you don't care about suicide so much that you can make light of it, you don't care about trans people.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

A Major Fucker posted:

Can we not joke about suicide, a real thing that happens? Not only are there multiple people in this thread who've dealt with it, but minimizing suicide is a subtle form of transphobia because it happens so often in the trans community. If you don't care about suicide so much that you can make light of it, you don't care about trans people.

please minimize your posting

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

A Major Fucker posted:

this is why Fyad needs to be closed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lol replying to raspy is just playing into his hands you fools