Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

vulturesrow posted:

Can you Auto in Draglia?

Yes, you can auto in just about everything except the most difficult fights. You can even auto in most of the multiplayer raids now, too (big boss fights much like WoW raid bosses). The AI now is quite good and in many ways better than your average pubbie. There's even a 1x, 1.5x, and 2x game speed, it's pretty great.

Skip tickets are also in the game and can be used to straight up skip the lower end content that you've already beaten and just get the rewards and xp instantly. Those are more limited, and most people use them to knock out daily challenges in like two minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Carados posted:

Android gaming: The Gacha Gotcha

Gotta Gach'em All

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I still think Epic 7 is the best gacha out there, but goons don't seem to play it for some reason.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

RBA Starblade posted:

Thanks for the Event Horizon Frontier suggestion! Any starting tips? Seems p beefy

I can't give you any solid tips as I'm just bumbling my way through. Just the usual get as many wingmen as you can, upgrade your gear and shields seem really good.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Been plugging away at AFK Arena for the last week or so and you really hit a wall at 100 don't you.

Currently running Lucius, Belinda (both L), Athalia, Fawkes and either Nemora or Hendrick (E for these 3) depending on if I need more tank or not. It seems to be working out but have I been gimping myself by not trying other stuff? Lucius and Belinda are my only 2 L's if that matters.

Inceltown fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Aug 31, 2019

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

That sounds like a solid party, but don't be afraid to switch up your people. Especially if you're stuck on a stage, throwing a different lineup at it may sometimes provide the needed counters to break through.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Also don't be afraid to push units forward to E+ to break the 100 level wall; getting boosted by the crystal doesn't care what rarity you are or what your level cap is.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

CompeAnansi posted:

I still think Epic 7 is the best gacha out there, but goons don't seem to play it for some reason.

There was a bunch of them for a while, not sure what happened. Think they all went to Discord maybe? Epic 7 is the only one I've stuck with though, it's really good.

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
More afk arena talk... Just sent an invite request to join from Freakazip

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Been playing Pokemon Masters since the 29th, and I have all my trainers to about level 70, all 5 trainer badges, and a few evolutions. I've unlocked at least 3 skills per trainer, and a few passives.

I've paid $0 so far and have 30 trainers, 2 of which are 5 star ( one is the freebie Rosa).

The game has a cute and typical Pokemon story, the graphics are fantastic, and it runs smooth as butter on my 1+7pro. After you beat the main story line though, there isn't much to do. It just becomes all about farming, leveling, and unlocking powers.

It's totally worth a download if you are real into Pokemon for the world and story, not so much if you MUST HAVE an all-star, SS rank top tier team, or if you NEED to collect every trainer.

The gacha system sucks total rear end, as certain characters are locked behind cash shop currency. You get a good amount of gems for just progressing and completing missions and dailys, you just cannot get certain people with the free gems.

Edit: I've obtained well over 5550 gems for free so far, so I'm not sure what people are talking about with this 3k gem limit thing?

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 1, 2019

Braking Gnus
Oct 13, 2012
So I have 11ish Google bucks, and have been thinking about getting one of the old school jrpgs that the play store has to offer. Any horrible ports I should avoid, or stand out great games that work really well with touchscreen? I don't have a tablet, and phone isn't the best or biggest.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

SilverMike posted:

That sounds like a solid party, but don't be afraid to switch up your people. Especially if you're stuck on a stage, throwing a different lineup at it may sometimes provide the needed counters to break through.

Thanks, I've got a wilders lineup that isn't bad for times that I hit a graveborn wall. Seems the best use of the factional advantage till I can open more slots on the crystal to build a few more teams.

Kyrosiris posted:

Also don't be afraid to push units forward to E+ to break the 100 level wall; getting boosted by the crystal doesn't care what rarity you are or what your level cap is.

This was a lifesaver. I had managed to get both my L there before I hit 100 and everything else I was levelling was only E. Blowing some gems to reset them and level some E+ up to have my preferred party all >100 has completely removed the wall I was at.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

I've tried, and I just can't get in to games with characters I don't know.

So, I just stick to Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Kingdom Hearts Union Cross, and Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia.

Opera Omnia was *adorable* but just took way too much time.

All kinds of ridiculous crack ships and silly fantasy drama.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

There was a bunch of them for a while, not sure what happened. Think they all went to Discord maybe? Epic 7 is the only one I've stuck with though, it's really good.

IMO, E7 is by far the best gacha going right now. Very F2P friendly, the developers continue to make smart changes and great QoL improvements.

The goon discord is here:

https://discord.gg/GAg6st

We have a goon guild of course and it's pretty active. Last I checked the list it only had two inactives that I saw.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Has someone who has played both epic 7 and afk arena compare them?

I tried dragalia again and I just can't get into it. It feels like there is so much going on, 5 different currencies, 15 different upgrade items and 5 different things to I upgrade, I don't even know. Afk arena has a lot going on but it's slowly introduced over a good while so it isn't overwhelming.

Maybe I don't like gachas and I just like afk arena

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Just play Girls Frontline and be done with it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3848572&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Resdfru posted:

I tried dragalia again and I just can't get into it. It feels like there is so much going on, 5 different currencies, 15 different upgrade items and 5 different things to I upgrade, I don't even know. Afk arena has a lot going on but it's slowly introduced over a good while so it isn't overwhelming.

They're very different games. Most of AFK Arena is spent... being AFK. At certain points you'll get enough upgrades in your characters and you'll be able to actively push through some content, but otherwise most of AFK Arena is logging in for five minutes to do some daily quests.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Gearman posted:

Most of AFK Arena is spent... being AFK.

I think you just explained to me why I can't get in to any other gachas.

Though to be fair to AFK Arena, you can spend good time on the various things like Peaks of Time, Labyrinth and so on. The most fun I have in this game is the Peaks of Time and Voyage of Wonders since they're puzzly and I usually have to try a few times to work out how to get through it

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Resdfru posted:

Are there any good gachas that are portrait mode like afk arena? I tried that Elune game and it was landscape which I can't stand.

Gumballs and Dungeons has probably the most free content available, and is adorable. They just opened a brand new global server with easier goals as well.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

overseer07 posted:

Gumballs and Dungeons has probably the most free content available, and is adorable. They just opened a brand new global server with easier goals as well.

Seconding Gumballs and Dungeons. I played it for a long time. The core gameplay is actually fun because it's Dungelot (but better), and doesn't rely heavily on the Gacha for progress. You can definitely clear every story dungeon with the earnable characters.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I've hit a real wall as a F2P player in AFK Arena at the 120-140 range. Getting a random 5 heroes to L to break the 120 cap wasn't TOO hard, but breaking the 140 cap seems like it's going to take a lot of luck and effort, especially since it seems like I hit the point where the free diamond train reaaaally slows down. Getting the heroes I actually use to L for the stat boosts is tough too.

My current go-to team is Lucius, Belinda, Shemira, Elijah/Lailah and Grezhul, the last one being an obvious weak point but he's reasonably tanky and distracting enemies for even a couple of moments with the zombies he summons can be pretty useful. I dunno what I really want in that slot though. Probably Hendrik, if I could get him?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

I've hit a real wall as a F2P player in AFK Arena at the 120-140 range. Getting a random 5 heroes to L to break the 120 cap wasn't TOO hard, but breaking the 140 cap seems like it's going to take a lot of luck and effort, especially since it seems like I hit the point where the free diamond train reaaaally slows down. Getting the heroes I actually use to L for the stat boosts is tough too.

My current go-to team is Lucius, Belinda, Shemira, Elijah/Lailah and Grezhul, the last one being an obvious weak point but he's reasonably tanky and distracting enemies for even a couple of moments with the zombies he summons can be pretty useful. I dunno what I really want in that slot though. Probably Hendrik, if I could get him?

I would probably try Vedan out there. I use him as a frontline fairly regularly and he can take a hit and then regen during his ult.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

I've got the path to 160 laid out just with Hogan, Arden, and Saveas as the cornerstone. Lucked into Belinda. Just need one more thing to round it out, probably shemira after the shop red rocks.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Braking Gnus posted:

So I have 11ish Google bucks, and have been thinking about getting one of the old school jrpgs that the play store has to offer. Any horrible ports I should avoid, or stand out great games that work really well with touchscreen? I don't have a tablet, and phone isn't the best or biggest.

Final fantasy 9 does not work on a lot of phones. For some reason, when two dialog boxes overlap during the fake fight at the beginning, it crashes the game. It's been known for like half a year with no fix

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

NPR Journalizard posted:

I would probably try Vedan out there. I use him as a frontline fairly regularly and he can take a hit and then regen during his ult.

I probably need to stop being unnecessarily against the Blue Tier heroes. All of my current L tiers are originally purples, which makes progressing them further real slow and highly luck reliant. I'll see about upgrading Vedan a bit next time I get some of him. Just a shame that he's Agility based since one of my only two legendary tier items so far is a Graveborn Strength Weapon.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Shemira is a good carry and you can get copies of her in the labyrinth and I believe one of the peaks of time or maybe end of a chapter for no diamonds. So she is probably the best free to play character in the game.

I would focus on leveling her above everyone else, giving her the best gear and arranging it so everyone else just acts as a buffer to give her time to kill.

You have a really good team with Elijah and lailah and lucius. Problem is both are super unfriendly to f2p so eventually they will become more or less useless as you progress. If you find they can't get their ultimate out before dying then replace them with legendary tier heroes that you can ascend who will last longer for now.

My team for 90% of the game is a tank and shemira in the front and nemora (labyrinth tokens), arden or tasi, and lyca in the back. That back line offers haste, heals and CC.

You mentioned blue heroes, arden is one of the best in the game and I still use him as a main in chapter 19 where the enemies are over 200. His root can be a lifesaver. The other blue hero that can really help in early game is Saveas. He self heals and can be a pretty good carry for a while.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

vulturesrow posted:

IMO, E7 is by far the best gacha going right now. Very F2P friendly, the developers continue to make smart changes and great QoL improvements.

We have a goon guild of course and it's pretty active. Last I checked the list it only had two inactives that I saw.

i cant remember why I put Epic 7 aside. Might grab it again.

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

There are so many good legendary tier heroes in AFK but the fact that they're capped at 160 makes some later stages and the faction trials much harder to fill out. I just got to a point where you can break the 240 level cap and progress is still pretty slow.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Resdfru posted:

Well AFK Arena is barely a game, so they don't really compare. There is only one game mode in AFK Arena where you do anything. If you don't like gachas, you probably won't like Epic 7 because what makes it so good is that it is a full-featured game where there is always something to do. Literally the opposite of AFK Arena. It's also very different from AFK Arena in that it is much less pay to win. You don't need dupes to uncap your units and continue leveling them. There is no OP VIP system that is giving whales massive advantages.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Seconding Gumballs and Dungeons. I played it for a long time. The core gameplay is actually fun because it's Dungelot (but better), and doesn't rely heavily on the Gacha for progress. You can definitely clear every story dungeon with the earnable characters.
I played G&D for a while as well, it's got good core gameplay, plenty to do and as you level up it keeps unlocking a load of new stuff - the airship for example could very easily have been launched as a separate game in its own right, but instead they just dropped it in there as something else to do.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

vulturesrow posted:

So I need to start over, the joys of throwaway emails and pot smoking lol

Whats a good team to shoot for when I'm pulling characters?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

That's the Teppen Expansion Day of Nightmares live now. Meta is not too shaken up so far with Ryu, Wrathlos and Morrigan (Shadowblade) being the decks to beat really. Not sure they've thought Jill through that well.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Aramoro posted:

That's the Teppen Expansion Day of Nightmares live now. Meta is not too shaken up so far with Ryu, Wrathlos and Morrigan (Shadowblade) being the decks to beat really. Not sure they've thought Jill through that well.

i bought ten packs with gold and they gave me one. uninstalled

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Android Gaming: No, we're not going to make a separate thread for <game>

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

I pulled Sez in the intro and I remember him being good. Now I have the huge 10x30 summoning to choose.

btw

That invite says its invalid.

pappawurm
Feb 9, 2014

Crumbletron posted:

Re: Raid, they've promised Faction Wars for a long time apparently and it's still not here. That said, we have a small goon guild going that we run out of the Galaxy of Heroes discord (you can find a link in the OP of that thread), if you want drop your SN in here and apply for Goon Funk Railroad, we have about a dozen active dudes and I can approve you. We sometimes clear the normal clan boss. None of us are that far past level ~40.

Applied as pappawurm

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Sleekly posted:

I pulled Sez in the intro and I remember him being good. Now I have the huge 10x30 summoning to choose.

btw

Sez, Vildred, Sigret for Single-target. Healers I guess Destina. Can't remember what else.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Teppen released it new expansion today. So far it looks pretty absurd so far. You get 10 packs for free right now.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Sleekly posted:

btw

https://discord.gg/6s6bDsN

This one shouldn't expire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

This might be a dumb question since I'm like one tutorial battle in, but do you ever get a way to automate the running forward part? I don't mind actually engaging with battles but sitting there and holding a finger on my phone is obnoxious.