Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Squizzle posted:

if dorian pulls off something like the TABS path except it rips back and forth specifically so it nails maralago twice, goddamn
it would be proof that god exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Lol. Either that or it would be proof that the deep state is controlling the weather to attack Trump because he has them running scared.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Someone posted this in last year's thread about how damage from wind increases by the 8th order as wind speed increases.

What that means is that if you double the wind speed, the damage done doesn't increase by 2, it increases by 28.

Or, to put it graphically:

EDIT: Dorian has 185mph sustained wind speeds, so yeah. drat.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

El Burbo posted:

I'm not even in the Death Zone

yet

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

looks like its making sure it destroys all of grand bahama

https://i.imgur.com/WcomHFW.gifv

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

net work error posted:

I was just imagining today Trump bragging about how Obama didn't get big storms but he has only been in office one term and has had much bigger storms. It was funny and seemed like something that will happen.

are you 100% sure this hasn’t happened

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Burbo posted:

looks like its making sure it destroys all of grand bahama

https://i.imgur.com/WcomHFW.gifv

tracking slightly south west

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

If the hurricane starts weakening that might actually affect its track and make it hit florida

https://twitter.com/TropicalTidbits/status/1168325893191847936

insert that dumb meme of the control panel guy where one button is labeled "190 mile per hour winds" and the other is "hit florida" and the guy is CSPAM

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Someone call trump
https://twitter.com/tyler_vazquez/status/1168235639285964801

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Oh god Trump would absolutely retweet that.

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

fill the eye with helicopters and spin their blades in the opposite direction, bing bong so simple

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

OddObserver posted:

I wonder if they had someone trying to go buy a six-pack in the middle of a previous storm...

we did that the night of katrina, hiked over to a nearby convenience store and the local news had a camera there lol

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
I'm gonna lol if these projections turn out to be accurate and Dorian just loving eats the whole east coast like corn on the cob

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
take that rich people and their property

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1168366803594162177

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Sean_Breslin/status/1168352282959851521?s=20

lol they admitted it. they’re gonna die lmfao

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

:( the happy thread can't save me now

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Crazypoops posted:

:( the happy thread can't save me now

poo poo, are you about to get hit

Stay safe goon

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

so what are this guys credentials?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
It's just loving sitting over the Bahamas now

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

CODChimera posted:

so what are this guys credentials?

He's the president of the United States of America :colbert:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Amazing Zimmo posted:

He's the president of the United States of America :colbert:

nah he's way too coherent to be potus

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Is it still just creeping along at 6 mph?

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

CODChimera posted:

nah he's way too coherent to be potus

honestly his ideas make more sense.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doc Walrus posted:

Is it still just creeping along at 6 mph?

so everybody sees

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

It's just loving sitting over the Bahamas now

Yeah, they forecast it would do that for more than a day. They are getting turbo hosed.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

Yeah, they forecast it would do that for more than a day. They are getting turbo hosed.

Was that the place that was fully flooded hours ago? it's STILL there?

I was watching the news and they had a camera crew in a bunker, at some point you probably should just evacuate everyone and gently caress the news no?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CODChimera posted:

I was watching the news and they had a camera crew in a bunker, at some point you probably should just evacuate everyone and gently caress the news no?

Yes.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

CODChimera posted:

They say hurricane force winds go as far as 45 miles from the center, so roughly 90 miles in diameter for the worst stuff. At 7mph that takes 18 hours if you're a direct hit. Tropical storm level winds are up to 140 miles from the center.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

where are they going to evacuate to on a small island chain in the middle of a massive slow moving hurricane

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/hurricane/article234627417.html

Miami Herald posted:

A spokesperson for Disney confirmed the company closed down the island for guests but said that there was no need to send away its staffers because there was a hurricane shelter on the property built to withstand Category 4 conditions and that the storm was forecast to pass well to the north, sparing the island of Dorian’s strongest winds.

The National Hurricane Center’s track did predict that Dorian would pass north of the Abacos as a Category 4 but also cautioned that the storm could increase in strength and shift in track. The little island also was in the cone of concern for days.

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 08:39 on Sep 2, 2019

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh, well, it’s rated for Cat 4, I’m sure they’ll be “fine”

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The Muppets On PCP posted:

where are they going to evacuate to on a small island chain in the middle of a massive slow moving hurricane

I have no idea how any of this works hence asking questions I'm getting the impression a lot of people were lulled into a false sense of security though

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol gbs thread had some dude defending disney over that poo poo

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
Mouse lied, people died (probably)

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
i defend disney bc they make content that appeals directly to me, a childless white man in his thirties, they could kill a thousand cruise ship employees by stranding them in the path of a hurricane and as long as my faves are on disney+ i won't care

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
people kept demanding workers get vacations and disney has listened

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
Tbh nice of them to leave them on an island instead of just hurling them over the side of a ship

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

slinkimalinki posted:

Tbh nice of them to leave them on an island instead of just hurling them over the side of a ship

[citation needed]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Mayor Dave posted:

i defend disney bc they make content that appeals directly to me, a childless white man in his thirties, they could kill a thousand cruise ship employees by stranding them in the path of a hurricane and as long as my faves are on disney+ i won't care

i thought that maybe the nerd crew well had run dry but nah the new one was fun imo

fun 2 see youtubbers becoming more and more radicalized over time even if they don't yet realize the common enemy is capitialism

shits so broken :yeah: