Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

The American Dream posted:

I wonder how much money wwe is leaving on the table by not making an n64 style game.

Use the same control scheme with some polished graphics, fill it with the current roster and legends. People, myself included, haven’t shut the gently caress up about these games in the last 20 years.

Hell, sell the game with like a hundred wrestlers and a bunch of arenas and every quarter sell an update for $10 with some new wrestlers, arenas and costumes. They don’t even have to make a new game every year, just sell dlc like every other sports game should be.
The series that turned into Day of Reckoning on the GameCube had the same basic control scheme, but Yuke's abandoned that engine when THQ/WWE decided to do the same game on each platform and went with SmackDown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Saturn was at least good in Japan!

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

Vincel slander is not allowed in this thread, The N64 was the system of WCW and thus the people.

Sir I hold you in very high regard in this forums and I enjoy your podcast and your posts immensely but this is the one thing you are absolutely incorrect on. The proof is very basic: the N64 is garbage and trash and bad, ergo this proves you wrong. Good day, sir.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

fart blood posted:

Sir I hold you in very high regard in this forums and I enjoy your podcast and your posts immensely but this is the one thing you are absolutely incorrect on. The proof is very basic: the N64 is garbage and trash and bad, ergo this proves you wrong. Good day, sir.

I'm sorry your uncle got fired from Nintendo.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
if you guys keep disgracing Nintendo 64 on this forum I am going to start hollering

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:wtc:

RUSSO!!! :bahgawd:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

No wonder this magazine went out of business!

Edit: Wait, it didn't? Impossible!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

No wonder this magazine went out of business!

Isn't PWI like the one left?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ah, the precursor to the Funko Pop. WCW was ahead of the times.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

There literally isn't a bad headline or feature on this cover

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

overmind2000 posted:

There literally isn't a bad headline or feature on this cover

I remember reading this whole issue on my break at my overnight stock job at a grocery store back then,

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Monday Night Wars haven't aged well, but it was still so much better than the boring rear end product Vince has been excreting for the last fifteen years or more.

:smith:

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Was Halloween Havoc '99 Russo's first WCW PPV?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Sting's all "That is a lot of money!"

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

is that a puka shell necklace

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
that would require it having puka shells on it and it not being and empty band

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

god drat... fuckin' murdered

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i thought it was literally one puka shell in the center

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Low Desert Punk posted:

is that a puka shell necklace

it's the WCW logo

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I love that winning a WCW t-shirt is a possible prize

These pictures are all awesome

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Hedgehog Pie posted:

iirc it was Mayhem.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm sorry your uncle got fired from Nintendo.

It’s a bad system and I stand by this opinion and I want everyone to hear it :colbert:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Randaconda posted:

I remember reading this whole issue on my break at my overnight stock job at a grocery store back then,

I had that “Main Event of the Century” spread on my wall when I was twelve.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

The American Dream posted:

I wonder how much money wwe is leaving on the table by not making an n64 style game.

Use the same control scheme with some polished graphics, fill it with the current roster and legends. People, myself included, haven’t shut the gently caress up about these games in the last 20 years.

Hell, sell the game with like a hundred wrestlers and a bunch of arenas and every quarter sell an update for $10 with some new wrestlers, arenas and costumes. They don’t even have to make a new game every year, just sell dlc like every other sports game should be.

The amount of money they’re theoretically leaving on the table is definitely less than they make on 2K’s annual series, its DLC, and scummy pre-order schemes.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

fart blood posted:

It’s a bad system and I stand by this opinion and I want everyone to hear it :colbert:
It was Havoc. He started on the Nitro that was the go-home show, I believe. Fall Brawl was the Sting turn, and by Havoc it was already being undone by Russo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Yes, it was originally supposed to be his first show in general but they moved it up to the go home Nitro for Halloween Havoc. How could you tell Havoc was his first show, it's so subtle with the worked shoots he'd repeat 10 months later and all the other nonsense.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I remember when Nash got on the mic and did one of those “shoot” promos, the bleeper guy was slow and missed a few. Even if it was scripted bullshit, it was cool he was exposing the state of the backstage.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

You don't realize how bad Rocket League looks until you've stepped away from it for awhile.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://youtu.be/FlJIrZqDec4
Pretty good, considering Liger had just had brain surgery a few months before

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'd totally watch a remake of The Lawnmower Man but with a giant bad cg Sting head as the villain instead of virtual Jobe

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

overmind2000 posted:

I'd totally watch a remake of The Lawnmower Man but with a giant bad cg Sting head as the villain instead of virtual Jobe

:yeah:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

omg

there is a loving incredible amount of dad energy emanating from this and i love it

E: LEX'S POPPED COLLAR

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DJExile posted:

omg

there is a loving incredible amount of dad energy emanating from this and i love it

I wonder how many kids just threw their dad's credit card in the envelope and sent it.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm stunned by the quality of these things.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Were all these 'zines kayfabe? Or were some just more kayfabe than others?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Were all these 'zines kayfabe? Or were some just more kayfabe than others?

Yes. It took until the late 90s for one to break kayfabe. I think it was WOW.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

classic

also lol @ "the rock and roll express dream date." Imagining going on a date with RnR and getting Robert as your date instead of Ricky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Low Desert Punk posted:

classic

also lol @ "the rock and roll express dream date." Imagining going on a date with RnR and getting Robert as your date instead of Ricky

most women south of the mason-dixon wanted to be spit roasted by the pair.