Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

https://twitter.com/theousherwood/status/1168434092611911681

gently caress yea lol

https://twitter.com/macjay72/status/1168435555534876672

:owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
An interesting preview of what Letwin and company are cooking up.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Wolfechu posted:

Venturi is a type of jet engine, and Selachii is an order of shark.

This already got posted, also no it isn't :shobon:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Labour polled higher in every age group under 60 in 2017 iirc.

The issue isn't class, its age. We are stuck in a Tory hell because boomers had it so tough!!!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ratjaculation posted:

The issue isn't class, its age. We are stuck in a Tory hell because boomers had it so tough!!!

Boomers talking about how they had it so hard when university was affordable, houses were affordable, jobs had actual security, and they could retire at an age where their body still worked is my favourite thing. But we have smartphones so who needs guaranteed hours at work?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

I keep saying it but it's true, there's an entire generation convinced they lived through WW2 and survived the Blitz when in actual fact they still get PTSD flashbacks to the 70's when the bins didn't get taken out for a bit. The type of person who says we'll all be fine in No Deal and a bit of adversity will do us good is the exact type of person who will lodge of a formal complaint over minor bullshit that doesn't affect their day whatsoever.

https://twitter.com/PCollinsTimes/status/1168434009585700864

That feeling when the Wallet inspector said they'd be right back but it's been an hour now and you're still waiting.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I hope this new trend of calling Dominic Cummings 'Cummies' dies a loving immediate death

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Cuminic Dommings

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Illuyankas posted:

I hope this new trend of calling Dominic Cummings 'Cummies' dies a loving immediate death

I don't it's loving hilarious.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

They call him Mr. Brexit Cummies

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Illuyankas posted:

Yeah, the Magic Cummy Tree was similarly upsetting. I do not want these cummies in my tummies

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Are you Krang? You shouldn't be reading the forums with your tummy.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

it's too early in the day and week to read the word cummies so often

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Suddenly I'm reminded of the Culture novel with the woman who froze her pregnancy for decades.

Turns out that child was Brexit.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

foet--ice

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Are you Krang?

Are you kidding? I wish! He was a homeowner, job creator, scientific innovator, inspired loyalty in (some) of his troops. Imagine the power of a Krang committed to Marxist thought

Edit for the day that's in it:

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1168459072963776513?s=19

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Sep 2, 2019

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Anyone going to the Labour event in Salford Quays tonight?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Namtab posted:

Boris' strategy, such as it is, involves playing chicken with the eu while pretending that its outside forces (remainers, the eu etc) stopping him getting a good deal (a good deal being the eu giving us everything we want).
It's been pointed out a lot that Boris' entire career has been one of lying about how bad the EU is in exchange for columnist money. Before the referendum he was gleefully flinging his usual bullshit around, and then all of a sudden after Leave won, there were plenty of images of him looking somber and refusing to capitalise on what should have been a victory.

I think BoJo and plenty of people like him were riding the gravy train of Euroskepticism never expecting to actually have to do anything about it. And then all of a sudden it worked, and they found themselves in a position of having to actually provide concrete solutions to all of the problems they'd been giddily throwing around.

Honestly Boris being PM is like putting a random redditor in charge of EA simply because they had the most upvotes complaining about it. If you actually put them in charge of the megacorp it'd become obvious that they wouldn't have the slightest clue what to do, and would immediately start issuing bizarre half-thought out crowd pleasers like banning female protagonists and microtransactions. Then after 6 months when the financial reports come in and the knock-on effects of the apparently simple solutions make themselves known, everyone will hate them.

That's why reading Boris as some master manipulator playing the clown is giving him a little too much credit. Yes he is being disingenuous and yes he is definitely playing up the bumbling image. But beneath that there is no great plan. He is a greedy shitbag who is trashing the EU on autopilot because his brain is too trashed with age to change course from euroskepticism, because it's all he's ever known to capitalise on. He's a bully and a control freak which means he's not listening to some machiavellian genius pulling everyone's strings.

Boris Johnson is entirely out for himself, and the only thing that makes sense at this point is that he's clawing at all the directorships and shares being offered to him by all of the companies that will benefit from the fire sale of UK infrastructure following NDB. This is not an ideological push. This is a party who glorify selfishness and looking out for number one acting all surprised because a succession of selfish bastards got in charge and then looked out for number one.

To use the podcast's analogy, it's like Boris decided to play chicken with the EU, realised the EU was more like one of those russian military trains, and so decided to broadside the train because that's the best chance of damaging it instead of looking at it that in any situation where we play chicken with the train we are going to get loving destroyed.

And I swear that's not an AI post.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

found on twitter

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

Are you kidding? I wish! He was a homeowner, job creator, scientific innovator, inspired loyalty in (some) of his troops. Imagine the power of a Krang committed to Marxist thought
I'm not sure about all that, but this would make a good av.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol that Blair's speech boils down to "second referendum because Corbyn sucks too much for a general election"

all the way back to the "he's unelectable" talking point

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jables88 posted:

Anyone going to the Labour event in Salford Quays tonight?

Where in Salford Quays?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Where in Salford Quays?

Up in the Manc area I believe

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Where in Salford Quays?

It's at the Lowry theatre so in the Media City really. Just to be clear, this isn't a 'fill the streets' thing it's an official Labour members event with JC and others speaking.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Not related to anything but I was looking around for various things and saw that Tony Benn once had an article printed in an edition of the Spoons mag. It also made me realise that Tim Martin's been thankfully quiet lately.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Guavanaut posted:

"Shreddddder! From each according to their ability, to each according to their needs!"
/

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

HJB posted:

Not related to anything but I was looking around for various things and saw that Tony Benn once had an article printed in an edition of the Spoons mag. It also made me realise that Tim Martin's been thankfully quiet lately.

Probably working on right to remain applications for half his workforce.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Connection poo poo itself so I could post in time but Corbs is doing a speech in Salford atm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG-wjn5Fk_A

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I was offline for a whole weekend pratting around in a field hitting people with foam swords, it was delightful.

How hosed are we now?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

thespaceinvader posted:

I was offline for a whole weekend pratting around in a field hitting people with foam swords, it was delightful.

How hosed are we now?

Boris has threatened to purge 30 anti-No-Deal Tories from the party if they don't vote to enable no deal.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

thespaceinvader posted:

How hosed are we now?

Less than if you had been using real swords, but more than if you had been using wooden ones.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jables88 posted:

It's at the Lowry theatre so in the Media City really. Just to be clear, this isn't a 'fill the streets' thing it's an official Labour members event with JC and others speaking.

Well then no, I guess. :v:

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Well then no, I guess. :v:

I'm guessing there will be street-filling in the general area afterwards.

EDIT: Removing jokey violence reference to a Chris Morris film in case I'm arrested for this.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Guardian politics live has got about 10 posts in a row starting with 'Corbyn Says'.

I keep waiting for the Simon says gotcha. 'Only the CUKs can save brexit'

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Are they really trying to disrupt the news cycle today with a cute puppy story?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Tesseraction posted:

Boris has threatened to purge 30 anti-No-Deal Tories from the party if they don't vote to enable no deal.

Don’t be silly. The word purge is only used when applied to Labour.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

HJB posted:

I reserve more hatred towards Tim Martin than any other non politician brexiteer.

He’s a oval office on such a massive level and treats his staff like complete poo poo.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
When I'm PM I'll nationalise Tim Martin and task him with finding every last one of those dumb brexit magazines to recycle them into better quality toilet paper.

edit: and he won't get paid breaks since he never paid me for mine

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

xtothez posted:

When I'm PM I'll nationalise Tim Martin and task him with finding every last one of those dumb brexit magazines to recycle them into better quality toilet paper.

edit: and he won't get paid breaks since he never paid me for mine

Nationalise Tim Martin and put him on living wage as a busboy in whatever spoons is in swindon with a Polish line manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/SunApology/status/1168426514687385601?s=19

:ohno: